I’m scared ?? I’m worried about my standing with Jesus and my heart

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  82
  • Topics Per Day:  0.07
  • Content Count:  2,300
  • Content Per Day:  1.97
  • Days Won:  10

Rejoice in the Lord always. Do not fear, rejoice that Gods grace is there for you. You may stumble but if you are contrite you will find Gods forgiveness. I once feared a lot and still do at times, but i have grown in God's Grace i think, and now i find victory over things i struggle with. The scripture below really helps me, and if not now maybe it will help you too in the future. 

Philippians 4:4 Rejoice in the Lord always. I will say it again: Rejoice! 5 Let your gentleness be evident to all. The Lord is near. 6 Do not be anxious about anything, but in every situation, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, present your requests to God. 7 And the peace of God, which transcends all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus.

8 Finally, brothers and sisters, whatever is true, whatever is noble, whatever is right, whatever is pure, whatever is lovely, whatever is admirable—if anything is excellent or praiseworthy—think about such things. 9 Whatever you have learned or received or heard from me, or seen in me—put it into practice. And the God of peace will be with you.

• Thumbs Up 3

• Group:  Members
  • Topic Count:  14
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  39
  • Content Per Day:  0.03
  • Days Won:  0

7 hours ago, enoob57 said:

May I ask how long has it been since you asked Jesus into your heart?

Like 10/11 months ago 

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Loved it! 1

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  16
  • Topic Count:  71
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  10,144
  • Content Per Day:  7.06
  • Days Won:  97

Obsessive Compulsive Disorder (OCD) is something @Caitlin _ suffers from. It would be helpful to understand what OCD is (and what it isn't) before passing judgment. I experienced something similar during my youth which is why I emphasize Cailtin's youth in the words I'm given. It's a disaster and proverbial end of the world to the young, especially to one who belongs to Jesus Christ like Caitlin does. 

So I say, "the Lord has much in store for you, but you can't see it just yet." I've walked in these shoes but then I've had the benefit of trial and tribulation over many years, certainly longer than our young friend has been alive. There was so much I couldn't see until the time arrived when the Lord revealed it to me... and so this comes for our young friend who suffers and struggles with OCD. It is a cruel affliction but never give up hope, Caitlin. 

You will see one day. You are in the Lord's hand and have been all along. Never give up hope!   

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Loved it! 2

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  32
  • Topic Count:  476
  • Topics Per Day:  0.17
  • Content Count:  6,559
  • Content Per Day:  2.28
  • Days Won:  9

I had thoughts that pop up once in awhile that is bad for me. Sometimes when praying a bad thought would occur. But the lord told me not to pay attention to them and not to worry about it. I think its our fallen state we are still in. When we are glorified at Jesus coming we will not be fallen anymore. How good our thoughts will be. You are saved if you love Jesus. Not perfectly. We are not perfect yet.

• Thumbs Up 1

3 hours ago, Marathoner said:

Obsessive Compulsive Disorder (OCD) is something @Caitlin _ suffers from. It would be helpful to understand what OCD is (and what it isn't) before passing judgment. I experienced something similar during my youth which is why I emphasize Cailtin's youth in the words I'm given. It's a disaster and proverbial end of the world to the young, especially to one who belongs to Jesus Christ like Caitlin does. 

So I say, "the Lord has much in store for you, but you can't see it just yet." I've walked in these shoes but then I've had the benefit of trial and tribulation over many years, certainly longer than our young friend has been alive. There was so much I couldn't see until the time arrived when the Lord revealed it to me... and so this comes for our young friend who suffers and struggles with OCD. It is a cruel affliction but never give up hope, Caitlin. 

You will see one day. You are in the Lord's hand and have been all along. Never give up hope!   

I have my struggles too. I would never judge someone who suffers with a mental condition.  

• Thumbs Up 2

1 hour ago, Wayne222 said:

I had thoughts that pop up once in awhile that is bad for me. Sometimes when praying a bad thought would occur. But the lord told me not to pay attention to them and not to worry about it. I think its our fallen state we are still in. When we are glorified at Jesus coming we will not be fallen anymore. How good our thoughts will be. You are saved if you love Jesus. Not perfectly. We are not perfect yet.

I struggle with bad thoughts. I just remember that scripture i posted and tell myself to think about good thoughts instead. Im not sure if this can help our sister or not but it helps me. Either way, we cant condemn ourselves for thoughts that pop into out head. If that were the case we would all be lost. BUt we are not lost, we have so much hope.

• Thumbs Up 1

• Followers:  52
  • Topic Count:  1,021
  • Topics Per Day:  0.15
  • Content Count:  12,321
  • Content Per Day:  1.80
  • Days Won:  92

On 4/9/2021 at 8:05 AM, Caitlin _ said:

Hi. I’m so scared. About two weeks ago I started having cursing thoughts because I read verses about cursing in the Bible for example :-

Genisis 9:25

he said, "Cursed be Canaan! The lowest of slaves will he be to his brothers."

and 

1 Corinthians 12:3

Wherefore I give you to understand, that no man speaking by the Spirit of God calleth Jesus accursed: and that no man can say that Jesus is the Lord, but by the Holy Ghost.

these verses triggered me and I then started having thoghts in my head saying “curse” and I started getting tempted to think them about people and then I started praying to Jesus and then started getting tempted to think them about Him. 

I don’t feel emotions for Jesus and I don’t feel like connection and stuff with Him and it triggered me to think stuff. 

my head has been doing it for like over a week and I’m scared incase because I tube it hardened my heart. I’m scared because anyone I look at or think another my head gets tempted to think it about them. And Jesus.

i want my heart to be soft for Him. (I received Him 10/11months ago I’m sure) 

But prayed to the Father most of the time until a few months ago. 

im scared for my soul. ? I asked Jesus for help all week and I’m scared because last night I read this verse:-

Ecclesiastes 10:20

Even in your thoughts, do not curse the king, nor in your bedroom curse the rich, for a bird of the air will carry your voice, or some winged creature tell the matter.

im always in my bedroom - barley leave it. 
my thoghts have been cursing 

Jesus is king 

Christians are rich and my head thoghts cursing thoghts. 

I don’t know what to do. I’m terrified. I’m scared about my standing with God. I want to be saved. I want to be with God.?

I don’t even know if He’s with me. I’m scared because of the cursing thoghts and because of the state of the heart and Jesus and the thoghts about Him. 

thanks for reading :)

If you have believed on Christ as your personal Savior, you have become a child of God through Christ.   And Jesus promised He will never leave you or forsake you.    So just keep trusting the Lord's many precious promises to you.

Try to get some of God's encouraging promises memorized so you can dwell on those when your OCD flares up.   Also, as someone else suggested, try to take a walk or perhaps do a hobby.   The Lord is with us at all times, even when enjoying an activity.

40611285_IWillWalByFaith.png.ae54ea9ccdd3c58dd00b0f8e0af85a3a.png

• Loved it! 1

• Followers:  35
  • Topic Count:  100
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  41,197
  • Content Per Day:  7.98
  • Days Won:  76
  • Birthday:  07/27/1957

5 hours ago, Caitlin _ said:

Like 10/11 months ago 

wonderful I will be praying for your growth in His Word....

• Thumbs Up 1

• Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  905
  • Topics Per Day:  0.19
  • Content Count:  9,646
  • Content Per Day:  2.02
  • Days Won:  9

This life is the most hell a believer in Jesus Christ will ever know.

At the same time, this life is the most heaven an unbeliever in Jesus will ever know.

This life (not to mention the demons and evil people in it)  is at odds with people who

are bound for heaven.

Opposition to the truth... to goodness... to all things Christian...

Remember this.

Jesus Christ loves you. The Father loves you. The Holy Spirit loves you.

If the whole world hates you, you are blessed ↑ by these facts.

Don't allow the world's opposition to God (and you) seep into your thinking, your emotions.

Turn to God. Read the Bible. Quote out loud how blessed you are as a child of the King of Kings.

At least it will put things in a better perspective... 

You are blessed!

Even in crisis... we are blessed in Christ.

Remember that!

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  17
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  3,300
  • Content Per Day:  1.72
  • Days Won:  0

On 4/9/2021 at 4:05 PM, Caitlin _ said:

I don’t even know if He’s with me. I’m scared because of the cursing thoghts and because of the state of the heart and Jesus and the thoghts about Him.

Please do the following.

Read John 6 verses 37-40

1 John1:9

And look up on Google 25 tips for successfully treating your ocd.

John 6 tells you Jesus will keep those who are his and prevent them to his Father.

Only Christians worry about cursing Jesus, unforgivable sin etc etc etc1 John is a reminder that Jesus Will forgive us our sins, if we tell him we are sorry.

And the 25 tips contains information you need in ordr to control your intrusive thoughts.

Information one of the other poster has already told you about, that is. Do not rogue, talk with or try to suppress these strang thoughts.

All you do is say " ok thTs right" no matter how repulsive the thought you may say " ok ".

Lastly study what Jesus taught, get the facts about salvation, the forgiveness of sin assurac of salvation firmly fixed in your head. Then start learning from the of.