• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  8
  • Topic Count:  15
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  5,731
  • Content Per Day:  3.54
  • Days Won:  12

57 minutes ago, Thewhitedove said:

My husband is an atheist from a nominal Catholic family. My in laws like things to be done by tradition. Hubby thinks it's all made up mumbo jumbo but goes along with certain things to keep other people happy. He refuses to come to my Evangelical church and says he wants nothing to do with it. He is happy to get a potential baby baptised into the Catholic faith as nobody in his family really takes God very seriously. 

The bottom line is: the only thing that really matters is what pleases the Lord.  People's expectations come a very, very poor second to that.

Does Roman Catholic infant sprinkling please God?  No, of course not.  It would be a very good witness for the Lord, for your husband to see you take a stand, because you love the Lord and want to please Him more than men.

Matt. 10:34-39 (WEB)

34  “Don’t think that I came to send peace on the earth. I didn’t come to send peace, but a sword. 
  35  For I came to set a man at odds against his father, and a daughter against her mother, and a daughter-in-law against her mother-in-law. 
  36  A man’s foes will be those of his own household.
  37  He who loves father or mother more than me is not worthy of me; and he who loves son or daughter more than me isn’t worthy of me. 
  38  He who doesn’t take his cross and follow after me, isn’t worthy of me. 
  39  He who seeks his life will lose it; and he who loses his life for my sake will find it. 

• Thumbs Up 2

• Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  17
  • Content Count:  3,300
  • Content Per Day:  1.71
  • Days Won:  0

2 hours ago, Thewhitedove said:

Hubby thinks it's all made up mumbo jumbo

So challenge him to prove it.

Have you read Lee Shovel's the case for Christ?

Start following coldcasechristianity so you can not only say what you believe but also can provide evidence for your faith.

Challenge him to attend family services, what is he frighten of, fairy tales, or does he secretly believe there is a God.

• Followers:  11
  • Topic Count:  320
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  6,830
  • Content Per Day:  0.84
  • Days Won:  1

On 4/18/2021 at 10:50 PM, Thewhitedove said:

I'm married with two children. Husband is a non believer raised in Catholicism and both our children were baptised into the Catholic faith before I got saved. It's just tradition where I live. Everyone gets their baby baptised no matter their true beliefs.

Husband was always adamant that we were finished having children. I always prayed that if it was God's will for me to have another baby, the idea would come from my husband. 

To my utter shock, my husband has said that he would actually like to try for another. I was delighted by the idea until I realised that there would be immense pressure from our families to have the baby baptised in the Carholic church.

To not do so would create immense family discord. My husband said that he isnt risking a family fall out over something so silly and that the baptism is the least of his worries. My husband thinks all religion is made up nonsense so it doesnt bother him to go through the motions to appease his family. He doesnt understand why it would be an issue for me. My family and in laws have zero interest in what the Bible says so no point showing them the Scripture. I dont feel strong enough to fight against everyone on this and know it would ruin my entire pregnancy, should I conceive.

I feel like my only option is to not try for another baby to save myself the enormous stress of not baptising the baby in the Catholic faith.

Fwiw: if I could find away around it, or some way to compromise I would, but cant think of anything. 

Dear Thewhitedove. Show your catholic family this and see how they react.

I have read many times over the years questions from people; "How can God allow innocent children burn in Hell because they were not for many and varied reasons, baptized?"

God does not send any innocent children or even adults to hell because they are not batized.

There is not one word in the entire Bible that mentions Infant baptism or any such practice. It is very clear from Scripture that baptism is only required after men have repented of their sins and have been born of the Spirit of God. There is no express command for infants to be baptized untill they become responsible agents and turn to God and have their sins, as adults, remitted. Salvation is a personal experience and children must become old enough to accept salvation before they are commanded to be baptized.

Children, untill they become responsible, even though their parents are unsaved, will be taken to Heaven if they die before accountability just as much as those of saved parents. Read Matthew 18:1-10; 19:14).

Scripture demands faith and repentance as being necessary before baptism and this no child can do untill he is old enough to understand sin and what to do to be saved.

Infant baptism became prominent when churches began teaching baptism and other sacraments to save the soul and remit sin. Such practice makes it impossible to obey Christs command later without admitting infant-baptism was of no benifit. Since there are so many Scriptural reasons why infant-baptism should not be practiced and since it has no efficay it would be best to wait untill the child turns to God by faith and repents of sins of their own free will before it becomes baptised.

Baptism is a symbol of the death and resurrection of Jesus Christ and it is a testimony to all the world that the individual has been saved from a life of sin and that the individual is now walking in newness of life.

It is only people who are followers of Jesus that are commanded to be baptized. (Read Matt. 28:19-20; Mark 16:15-16; and Acts 2:38-39).

The repentant thief on the cross at Jesus crucifiction was never baptized yet Jesus told him that "To-day shalt thou be with me in paradise" (Luke 23:43).

So the truth is Baptism alone is actually not necessary for salvation. The purpose of baptism is not to save the soul, sanctify one, or make us children of God, Jesus did that through His death and resurrection. The sole purpose of baptism is plainly taught as being figurative and not litterally a clensing from sin.

The palsied man of Matt. 9:1-7 was saved without water baptism: "Jesus seeing their faith [not their water baptism] said . . . thy sins be forgiven thee . . . the Son of man hath power on earth to forgive sins." Jesus did not baptize one person in all His ministry but He did remit sins of many people (John 4:2). This is sufficient proof that sins can be remitted without water baptism. There are many cases of remission of sins and healing which were done by faith without water baptism (Matt. 9:22; Mark 5:34; 10:52; Luke 7:48' 17:19; 18:42; Acts 3:16).

An unnamed woman sinner was forgiven her sins before and without water baptism. Jesus said, "Her sins, which are many are forgiven . . . thy sins be forgiven . . . thy faith hath saved thee; go in peace (Luke 7:36-50).

If Jesus allowed adults forgiveness and entry to heaven without baptizm, then why would He expect Children to be baptized to guarantee entry to heaven? Many more scriptures fill the Bible showing adults being saved without water baptism.

What about people who have never ever heard of Jesus, or the gospel? Are these many billons of people doomed to Hell?

No way at all.

Scripture shows that God does have a basis of dealing with people, even heathens, who have never heard of the Gospel.
God will deal with them on the basis of the light they have recieved, and on the basis of obeying their own conscience. Read Romans 2:12-16.

• Thumbs Up 1

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  7
  • Content Count:  180
  • Content Per Day:  0.13

Praise God and have the baby that you will love forever

I left the Catholic church when 1 was 18, married at 22,  had my first child at 24.

One day me and my wife asked my mother to watch our daughter while we went out, my mother and grandmother got a priest to baptize her while we were out. my point is it doesn't matter what others do, in the end it will be up to your child to choose, so don't worry and keep teaching the truth

• Well Said! 1

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Topic Count:  5
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  1,502
  • Content Per Day:  0.66

On 4/18/2021 at 8:50 AM, Thewhitedove said:

I'm married with two children. Husband is a non believer raised in Catholicism and both our children were baptised into the Catholic faith before I got saved. It's just tradition where I live. Everyone gets their baby baptised no matter their true beliefs.

Husband was always adamant that we were finished having children. I always prayed that if it was God's will for me to have another baby, the idea would come from my husband. 

To my utter shock, my husband has said that he would actually like to try for another. I was delighted by the idea until I realised that there would be immense pressure from our families to have the baby baptised in the Carholic church.

To not do so would create immense family discord. My husband said that he isnt risking a family fall out over something so silly and that the baptism is the least of his worries. My husband thinks all religion is made up nonsense so it doesnt bother him to go through the motions to appease his family. He doesnt understand why it would be an issue for me. My family and in laws have zero interest in what the Bible says so no point showing them the Scripture. I dont feel strong enough to fight against everyone on this and know it would ruin my entire pregnancy, should I conceive.

I feel like my only option is to not try for another baby to save myself the enormous stress of not baptising the baby in the Catholic faith.

Fwiw: if I could find away around it, or some way to compromise I would, but cant think of anything. 

What is objectionable about putting a bit of water on an infant's forehead?

Especially when you can invite everyone to a post-baptism party at your home, where you say a few words, the saving gospel of Jesus Christ!

• Thumbs Up 1

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  92
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  2,054
  • Content Per Day:  0.60
  • Days Won:  4

On 4/18/2021 at 5:50 AM, Thewhitedove said:

There is no great harm in letting a baby get baptized, because despite all the symbolism all they get is wet.

Some times its better to keep the peace than raise a stink over what is really a non crucial bit of doctrine.  think of it as a dedication of your baby to God, and when they get old enough to understand and make their own choices you can suggest a Faith baptism

• Thumbs Up 1

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  29
  • Topic Count:  598
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  56,188
  • Content Per Day:  7.56
  • Days Won:  271

kid.jpg

• Haha 1

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  68
  • Topic Count:  186
  • Content Count:  14,247
  • Content Per Day:  3.33
  • Days Won:  30

I had my sons baptized in the Lutheran Church considering that it was a dedication and that they can always be immersed as believers later.  When you are asked to raise them a Catholic, I would substitute the word Christian or think of the meaning of catholic as being universal.  Then proceed to teach the child The Our Father, but not the prayer to Mary after the Hail Mary. Teach them the creeds, that the Bible is God's word, and that salvation is by grace through faith and trusting God.  These things can be learned ages 4-7 as much by your example as by what you testify to them.  Seeing you read the Bible, and hearing you tell them how much you love God's word, how comforting and helpful it is, how God speaks to you through it will go far.  Help them to memorize verses.  

• Thumbs Up 1

• 1 month later...

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Topic Count:  70
  • Content Count:  461
  • Content Per Day:  0.25
  • Days Won:  1

Thank you so much to everyone for your replies! We have decided to expand our family and I am not stressing out over it. If I have to let the potential baby get sprinkled while I internally say 'lalalalalala' during the Baptismal promises I might just do that!

• 1 month later...

• Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  1,265
  • Topics Per Day:  0.44
  • Content Count:  2,637
  • Content Per Day:  0.92
  • Birthday:  02/04/1972

On 4/18/2021 at 9:50 AM, Thewhitedove said:

At first place, put this cause in Jesus' presence.

Second: show to your husband and their relatives what you believe pursuant to the Holy Scripture. Even if they don't believe, preach the Word as Jesus enjoined (Mat 28:18-20; Mark 16:15-18). Believe that All power is given unto Him in heaven and in earth, leave the outcomes for His account, believing in Isaiah 55:10,11 and in Rom 9:

Rom 9:15,16 -> “For he saith to Moses, I will have mercy on whom I will have mercy, and I will have compassion on whom I will have compassion. So then it is not of him that willeth, nor of him that runneth, but of God that sheweth mercy.”

That is to say, the conversion doesn’t depend on you or on the disposition of who hears, but of Jesus.

Finally, if they don’t accept this truth, obey Jesus’ instruction (shown below) and stay in fear before the Creator, praying in Jesus’ name, believing that Jesus’ power is greater than Ha-Satan’s power.

Mat 5:39-42 -> “But I say unto you, That ye resist not evil: but whosoever shall smite thee on thy right cheek, turn to him the other also. And if any man will sue thee at the law, and take away thy coat, let him have thy cloke also. And whosoever shall compel thee to go a mile, go with him twain. Give to him that asketh thee, and from him that would borrow of thee turn not thou away.” 

Even if the devil comes against you, he will be obliged to flee:

Deu 28:7 ->  The LORD shall cause thine enemies that rise up against thee to be smitten before thy face: they shall come out against thee one way, and flee before thee seven ways.