IGNORED

Is acceptable for a Christian to watch the entertainment that shows magicians conducting magic?

bartmac123

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  8
  • Topic Count:  15
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  5,731
  • Content Per Day:  3.55
  • Days Won:  12

17 hours ago, teddyv said:

That's all fine but it does not really address something like fictional fantasy spells in Harry Potter. Those are never going to do anything. 

Our daughter loved the book series and we have all the movies. At no time ever did we worry she would be attracted to the occult. I can't speak to everyone of course, but I don't recall any spike in occult practicioners. The series did get a lot of kids to read though.

When I was young, I was attracted to the occult, through short stories about witchcraft.  It happens.  God delivered me, when he saved me, many years later, but I wish that I had not read those stories.  You don't know what effect they might have on impressionable young minds and the effects might not be immediately obvious.

• Followers:  6
  • Topic Count:  6
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  4,264
  • Content Per Day:  2.93
  • Days Won:  1

15 minutes ago, David1701 said:

When I was young, I was attracted to the occult, through short stories about witchcraft.  It happens.  God delivered me, when he saved me, many years later, but I wish that I had not read those stories.  You don't know what effect they might have on impressionable young minds and the effects might not be immediately obvious.

Have you read any of the Harry Potter books?

9 minutes ago, teddyv said:

Have you read any of the Harry Potter books?

No, and I'm not going to.

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  19
  • Content Count:  1,002
  • Content Per Day:  0.64
  • Days Won:  0

Much of the whole purpose of some films is to brainwash the masses.

When watching one should be aware that it's likely that the story itself
has clever Satanic undertones.

For example take the film "End Game", a seeming 'rapture' event happens,
and they go about to fight against the one who caused the 'rapture' and to reverse
the 'rapture'....

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  905
  • Topics Per Day:  0.19
  • Content Count:  9,646
  • Content Per Day:  2.02
  • Days Won:  9

On 5/21/2021 at 6:00 PM, bartmac123 said:
I avoided watching Harry Potter films and also the books because I heard there is a lot of magic being conducted in the movie and in the book.  Furthermore, LOL, I'm an adult male, and Harry Potter films is nerdy stuff.
However, when Marvel Comic book movies like the Dr. Strange movie and all the Avenger movie series came out, I had mixed feelings because I really like Marvel and DC movies and cartoons.  However, Marvel characters like Dr. Strange and DC characters like Fate conduct magic in the movies and cartoons.

Is acceptable for a Christian to watch the aforementioned the entertainment even though all this magic stuff happens in them?  If no/yes, please elaborate.

I understand where you are coming from. It really depends on the individual. The Apostle Paul said if it is a sin to an individual to eat meat, then it is sin.

I understand wanting to live as pristine a Christian life as possible. I tried this myself years ago and it was... interesting. 

I do not advocate throwing restraint to the wind... but we are essentially living in a cesspool trying not to get any "cess" on us.

I personally have never watched or read anything Harry Potter, but I've seen Bewitched reruns a hundred times or more. I knew a lady whose testimony included how Bewitched was an entry to years of Wicca in her past life. Another spoke of how a ouija board connected them with years of demon connections. ← that one I hear is especially fraught with evil (according to Jill Martin-Rische daughter of the late great Walter Martin, founder of the Christian Research Institute).

It would be a perfect world, edenic in fact, without these and other things like violence and nudity and addiction and substance abuse and hate.  But we no longer live in Eden. Pray about it, don't just ignore your instincts and plugging in with the rest of the world. You are an individual. And the rest of the world will not be held accountable for you in the day Christ judges or rewards you.

• Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  158
  • Topics Per Day:  0.07
  • Content Count:  1,915
  • Content Per Day:  0.80

I try to be care about what I watch knowing that its mostly mindless entertainment and easy to be entangles in things not expedient. Aside from witchcraft, evil spirts, and the like. Of course we know they are not real, and just entertainment. How many like action and drama where the whole idea is about some kind of personal revenge. People who kill others with out remorse. We laud them as heroes of sorts, but aside from that I see so many movies who take the Lords name in vain. Does that make you cringe a little. Do we just ignore that as some OK to be entertained by. Would you keep on watching the show for the sake of being entertained.  Have we ever thought that to fluff it off so to keep on watching and maybe hearing it used frivolously many times. Does that make you feel It's OK just because its exertainment. Has it occurred that to that you may  as well have said it yourself. Think about it.  

• Thanks 1

20 minutes ago, JohnD said:

I understand where you are coming from. It really depends on the individual. The Apostle Paul said if it is a sin to an individual to eat meat, then it is sin.

Meat is morally neutral: witchcraft is not...

• Thumbs Up 1

• Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  66
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  2,217
  • Content Per Day:  1.36
  • Birthday:  03/25/1961

Everyone here has access to the word of God and prayer. If they/we will not listen to GOD say it then anything a believer says will go no where. If you wont listen to God you wont listen to anyone else. I truly understand its hard to see the supernatural. Many I would guess are moved only by what they see hear feel. Kind of like if you touch that.. something bad will happen. SO they touch it.. nothing happens. I believe some treat this like that.

Most don't know what its like to get a phone call and friends or just someone you know is having all kinds of problems. So you ask them been on any trips bought some cute thing like Buddha..things like that or have any books like Harry Potter. Harry Potter? Yes. Toss them out your problems will be gone. They call you about a week later.. wow you were right. 

To stop right there.. you have to be walking in the spirit to hear from Him when you walked in to house HE tells you whats going on. See I know an open door the enemy might never touch me.. could be a day or a year later. He can go after my wife or kids. Its clear some are moved by what they see hear and feel. This is not the real realm. Satan can not tell the truth.

Why would want to watch something read something that has no life in it and has things in it that my GOD told ME to never do...why in the world would I want to watch it. That part of me that wants to is NOT of God its the flesh. Were told what to keep before our eyes and to be praying 24/7 and praying about all things. When we do not do these things its far more easier to give in to things that are not of God. 

I love HIM! I want to die daily have to so HE can live in me through me. Not my will be done but yours. Is not that how Christ lived? Harry Potter books are not of God are evil and can open a door to something we should never touch. Ask pray about this with a open heart willing to be wrong. If you KNOW there is nothing wrong with things like this He will not answer you. See even know from my heart let it be written "Father if I am wrong in ANY area here forgive me and change me in JESUS name".  So... you we can do anything we want and ...He will say nothing. WE did it.. that house you live in.. its yours and God will NOT go against your will. What you allow you did it not Him.  

• Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  118
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  2,868
  • Content Per Day:  1.22
  • Birthday:  04/01/1968

No big deal I don’t think, but why does the mind get tricked with allusions,

0A70A0B3-D93D-42AE-90D0-5A0A89E1D9C9.png

• Thumbs Up 1

20 hours ago, TheBlade said:

Everyone here has access to the word of God and prayer. If they/we will not listen to GOD say it then anything a believer says will go no where. If you wont listen to God you wont listen to anyone else. I truly understand its hard to see the supernatural. Many I would guess are moved only by what they see hear feel. Kind of like if you touch that.. something bad will happen. SO they touch it.. nothing happens. I believe some treat this like that.

Most don't know what its like to get a phone call and friends or just someone you know is having all kinds of problems. So you ask them been on any trips bought some cute thing like Buddha..things like that or have any books like Harry Potter. Harry Potter? Yes. Toss them out your problems will be gone. They call you about a week later.. wow you were right. 

To stop right there.. you have to be walking in the spirit to hear from Him when you walked in to house HE tells you whats going on. See I know an open door the enemy might never touch me.. could be a day or a year later. He can go after my wife or kids. Its clear some are moved by what they see hear and feel. This is not the real realm. Satan can not tell the truth.

Why would want to watch something read something that has no life in it and has things in it that my GOD told ME to never do...why in the world would I want to watch it. That part of me that wants to is NOT of God its the flesh. Were told what to keep before our eyes and to be praying 24/7 and praying about all things. When we do not do these things its far more easier to give in to things that are not of God. 

I love HIM! I want to die daily have to so HE can live in me through me. Not my will be done but yours. Is not that how Christ lived? Harry Potter books are not of God are evil and can open a door to something we should never touch. Ask pray about this with a open heart willing to be wrong. If you KNOW there is nothing wrong with things like this He will not answer you. See even know from my heart let it be written "Father if I am wrong in ANY area here forgive me and change me in JESUS name".  So... you we can do anything we want and ...He will say nothing. WE did it.. that house you live in.. its yours and God will NOT go against your will. What you allow you did it not Him.  

Almost all of this is excellent!

Just one thing, though: God will go against your will, at times.  He is a loving Father, who does not allow his child to run off the edge of a cliff, merely to preserve his "free will".  He will run out and stop him, before it's too late, as any good father would.

To use the Lord's own analogy, he will go after that one, lost sheep and carry him back to the flock.  He will not callously leave him to his "free will".

• Thumbs Up 1