IGNORED

Are Christian women allowed to teach their sons the scriptures ?

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  4
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  5
  • Content Per Day:  0.01
  • Days Won:  0

hello, I have been taught through the scriptures and through pastors that Christian women are not to preach over men, but I was wondering if, in the case of raising children, if they are allowed to teach their sons the scriptures as well as their daughters, or if they should leave it up to their husbands to teach their sons, or if she is single or divorced or widowed, a male mentor from the Church ? I have been searching through the scriptures and been having trouble finding a definite answer

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  25
  • Topic Count:  61
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  9,605
  • Content Per Day:  3.97
  • Days Won:  21

10 minutes ago, JesusistheKing said:

through the scriptures and through pastors

Ignore and leave those pastors that want to burden you with non scriptural ideas. Teach you kids!

Women that 'lord' it over men are to be resisted sometimes, but not always. That is WHY we should never check in our brains at the church door. There is very much poor teaching as can be witnessed on this site. :soapbox:

Edited by Justin Adams
  • Thumbs Up 1
  • This is Worthy 1

• Group:  Non-Conformist Theology
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  40
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  627
  • Content Per Day:  0.69
  • Days Won:  1

2 hours ago, JesusistheKing said:

hello, I have been taught through the scriptures and through pastors that Christian women are not to preach over men, but I was wondering if, in the case of raising children, if they are allowed to teach their sons the scriptures as well as their daughters, or if they should leave it up to their husbands to teach their sons, or if she is single or divorced or widowed, a male mentor from the Church ? I have been searching through the scriptures and been having trouble finding a definite answer

Proverbs 22:6 - Train up a child in the way he should go, and when he is old he will not depart from it. Does it say only fathers can do this? Yes, TEACH you children! Any good Mother would/should.

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Well Said! 2

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  34
  • Topic Count:  1,991
  • Topics Per Day:  0.48
  • Content Count:  48,689
  • Content Per Day:  11.81
  • Days Won:  226

2 hours ago, JesusistheKing said:

Yes, a Christian woman can teach their children the scriptures. Women not being a pastor in a Church is a different issue. 

• Group:  Non-Conformist Theology
  • Followers:  6
  • Topic Count:  118
  • Topics Per Day:  0.06
  • Content Count:  4,361
  • Content Per Day:  2.31
  • Birthday:  02/03/1953

5 hours ago, JesusistheKing said:

If women don't teach the kids, it's likely no one will.

• This is Worthy 1

• Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  10
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  3,033
  • Content Per Day:  3.33

7 hours ago, JesusistheKing said:

The issue of women not teaching scripture is to do with Church government, not raising a family. God has TWO dealings with His creature; (i) Grace and (ii) Government. In matters of Grace, both are equal. But in Government God builds a system that each has certain attributes and function for the orderliness and function of His creature. There are certain things that a man does better than a woman, and there are certain things a woman does better than a man. And there are things that both do better than children. In the scheme of things after the fall, the man is burdened with earning a living. That means that the woman is left to manage the house. Both are a training for when Christ comes back to rule the earth. 

It is clear that there are some women better able to teach than some men, but God has made His choice. Consider an automobile. Its main components are three; (i) an engine, (ii) a gearbox, and (iii) a differential. Each is part of one car and are built mostly of steel. But their design and function are completely different. As long as they keep their positions the car will run well. But if the gearbox despises the engine and says; "I should be before you", the car will still run, but when the engine reaches its maximum revolutions, the car will go no faster. If the differential wants to be first in line, the car will still go until the first corner it takes and then the car will suffer major damage. The design is everything, and the well-being and function of the car is dependent on each one keeping their position.

For the mothers DUTIES see 1st Timothy 2:15, 5:10-14.

• This is Worthy 1

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  11
  • Topic Count:  320
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  6,830
  • Content Per Day:  0.84
  • Days Won:  1

When Paul said for women to "keep silence in the church" he was not speaking of women prophesying or praying, but he referred to asking their husbands certain things at church.

He said, "If they will learn anything, let them ask their husbands at home" and not in the church (1 Cor. 14:34-35). But that they could speak and prophecy and pray in church is clear from 1 Cor. 11:4; 14:3-4, 23-26; and Acts 2:16-21.

Women have been used in all ages by God, Read the Scriptures and some men can disbelieve them if they want, but who really cares? Its the Scriptures which matter and not what some men think. (Ex. 15:20; Judges 4:4; 2 Kings 22:14; 2 Chron. 34:22; Neh. 6:14; Isa. 8:3; Luke 1:39-56; 2:36).

God is sovereign and He can use a woman when He pleases and He does not have to ask some mere man whom He should use and whether He should use a women or man. And most women I have heard have made more sense regarding doctrin than most men I have ever heard regarding doctrin or the actual Word of God?

Leaving the question of women aside regarding their Christian walk and what motivates them regarding God's Word, we can just as easily ask, "What dominates the average male Christians life regarding God's Word?"

It is not the major sins of the flesh that men permit to dominate them, but it is the sin of constantly doubting God and His Word that destroys the truth and men’s relationship with Him.  

Scripture plainly and clearly teaches that God calls women to preach. There is as much controversy regarding the subject, whether God calls women to preach as there is on all other doctrinal issues. Thankfully, as always, the Scriptures clear up this question like they do all others matters if we will but believe the Bible. 

In the gospel there were several woman messengers who proclaimed the good news (Matt. 28:1-10; Luke 24:9-11; John 4:28-30; 20:16-18). Is proclaiming the good news preaching??

There is nothing in Scripture which says women cannot be used by God to further His work on this Earth?

Regarding these end time days, in Acts we have a prediction that God will pour out of His Spirit in the last days "UPON ALL FLESH; and your sons and DAUGHTERS shall prophesy, and your young men shall see visions, and your old men shall dream dreams; and upon my servants and upon my HANDMAIDENS I will pour out of my Spirit and they will prophesy." Prophesying is explained in 1 Cor. 14:3-4 as "speaking unto MEN to edification and exhortation and comfort." That's preaching, teaching, praying, in any ones language. and God says He will pour out His Spirit upon men and WOMEN to enable them to do this!

Regarding these end time days, in Acts we have a prediction that God will pour out of His Spirit in the last days "UPON ALL FLESH; and your sons and DAUGHTERS shall prophesy, and your young men shall see visions, and your old men shall dream dreams; and upon my servants and upon my HANDMAIDENS I will pour out of my Spirit and they will prophesy." Prophesying is explained in 1 Cor. 14:3-4 as "speaking unto MEN to edification and exhortation and comfort." That's preaching, teaching, praying, in any ones language. and God says He will pour out His Spirit upon men and WOMEN to enable them to do this!

In Acts 21:8-9 we read Philip had four daughters that did prophecy or preach in the early church.

In Romans 16 we have Phebe, Priscilla, Mary Junia, Tryphosa, Persis, all female names, women mentioned as laborers in the gospel.

In Phil. 4:2-3 we have Euodias and Syntyche, two women who are mentioned as leaders in the local church at Philippi. They are referred to as "those WOMEN which laboured with me in the Gospel."

Paul speaks of the Corinthian women prophesying and praying in church (1 Cor. 11:4; 14:1-5, 23-26).

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  23
  • Content Count:  695
  • Content Per Day:  0.77
  • Days Won:  5
  • Birthday:  06/17/1973

Oh yes sister as a home maker you have such an importance role to play in Christian development

you are a wall to keep your children safe from the enemy

There was a big country in ancient days we know it as China

They were so scared of being invaded they built a huge wall we know as the Great Wall of China

Do you know within 100 years of building that wall they were invaded 3 times

Not by enemies going over the wall, not by going around or even through the Great Wall.

They just bribed the gatekeepers and went through the gate

You not only are the wall BUT the Gatekeeper as well as all my Brothers and Sisters ?

You have a big responsibility and Guarding your children from the enemy, don’t let anyone tell you not to teach them about Christ and our Father

SHALOM ❤️

Edited by MrBear

• Followers:  22
  • Topic Count:  87
  • Content Count:  6,873
  • Content Per Day:  2.42
  • Days Won:  4
  • Birthday:  11/10/1986

Every real Christian man dreams of having a wife who will partner with and support him in his God-given role of teaching their children the truth. Those passages, as others have said, refer to leadership roles in the church, among adults. Yes, yes, yes, teach your children sound doctrine, especially if you are a single mother (or have a non-believing husband, or one who is failing in his Biblical mandate to be the head of the house through servant-leadership in all things, including leading the family in Bible study and learning).

• Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  905
  • Topics Per Day:  0.19
  • Content Count:  9,646
  • Content Per Day:  2.02
  • Days Won:  9

There is the ideal and there is the practical.

Ideally, it would have been best that Adam and Eve did not sin. Ate from the tree of life and the Eden experiment would have ended with the totality of human being in Heaven with God and Jesus would not have had to become a man or died on the cross. Billions of people would not have had to be born (most of which perish) and lived in this fallen world. Oh and the world would not be fallen. 

Ideally, it would have been better / preferential if a male prophet stepped up in the time of Deborah but none did.  Or if Barak did not cower behind Deborah. 

Ideally, it would have been better / preferential that men tended to the body of the Lord Jesus and found him resurrected instead.

There is the ideal in scripture (to obey is better than sacrifice, ...the husband of one wife, ...do not lust after her beauty in your heart, ...do not lie or covet...) then there's the practical in the ways God deals with all things orchestrating them to accomplish his goals.

The Apostle Paul's statement in the letter to Timothy spoke of the ideal situation in teaching and preaching the Gospel. One I took to heart for many years as the absolute standard and I protested women preachers on that basis using those scriptures and more.

Then the Spirit posed a simple question in my heart: "So it would be best then that the Gospel is not heard or spread if a woman preaches it?"

I was completely undone.

Whenever men do not step up, quite often God has and does send a woman to do the job / take up the slack.

Bear in mind that the entire Christian body (every individual within) are priests of God (Revelation 1:6 / Revelation 5:10 / 1 Peter 2:3-9). We are a kingdom of priests (Exodus 19:6).

Israel never realized this after Exodus 32. ← when the true clergy / laity system had to be resorted to with the tribe of Levi only as priests. But we are that kingdom.

First of all this tells us that our ignorance alone of this fact means there is an impossible shortage of male preachers / teachers in the world. Not all are called to be pastor teachers, but clearly there are millions if not hundreds of millions of Christian men who have not stepped up to ministry.

Enter those few (by comparison) women who have stepped up to fill the gap and preach the Gospel.

Got a problem with that?

Do something about it!

Step up.

Step up and get other guys to step up.

Till then, shut up!

Stop beating the dear sisters who are doing the LORD's work over the head with your griping and limited understanding of God's Word and his plan and efforts to save people!

• Brilliant! 1