MrBear

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  16
  • Topic Count:  71
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  10,125
  • Content Per Day:  7.06
  • Days Won:  97

Admittedly, this veers from the topic somewhat since this involves an understanding of the "angel of the LORD" and His identity, which as I have come to understand is the Son of the living God. It relates to the topic insofar as the possible identity of Melchizedek is concerned, though.

When the angel of the LORD appears to men they are in the presence of God. We read in the scriptures that many have witnessed God and lived, which the harmony of the scriptures explains to us in the following manner:

No man has seen the Father (YHWH) at any time, but His Son explains Him. 

Ah, but many have witnessed the Son of God through time, for the Son speaks what He hears our Father say, and does as the Father Himself does. When we witness the Son, even the Word made flesh, we have witnessed God. :) 

• Thumbs Up 1
  • This is Worthy 1

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  25
  • Topic Count:  61
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  9,605
  • Content Per Day:  3.97
  • Days Won:  21

Mel is a man. God ordained his standing and made no comment about his lineage since that was always a problem. Mel is God's chosen person for a distinct and Godly reason. Mel is not divine.

• Thumbs Up 4

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  23
  • Content Count:  695
  • Content Per Day:  0.77
  • Days Won:  5
  • Birthday:  06/17/1973

Good points all I can’t wait to get done with work to get back to scriptures ty for the insights

SHALOM❤️

• Thumbs Up 1

• Followers:  56
  • Topic Count:  1,664
  • Topics Per Day:  0.20
  • Content Count:  19,764
  • Content Per Day:  2.39
  • Days Won:  28

Hi Bear,

Heb 5:1-4  - 1 For every high priest taken from among men is ordained for men in things pertaining to God, that he may offer both gifts and sacrifices for sins: 2 Who can have compassion on the ignorant, and on them that are out of the way; for that he himself also is compassed with infirmity. 3 And by reason hereof he ought, as for the people, so also for himself, to offer for sins. 4 And no man taketh this honour unto himself, but he that is called of God, as was Aaron.

He was a man ,every high priest was a man put in his position by God.

He was in a postion to make offering for the forgiveness of sins of the people of Israel.(  High priest)

Psa 110:4  - 4 The LORD hath sworn, and will not repent, Thou art a priest for ever after the order of Melchizedek.

Above verse is talking about Jesus,he's a picture a foreshadow of Jesus.

Heb 5:5-6  - 5 So also Christ glorified not Himself to be made an high priest; but he that said unto him, Thou art My Son, to day have I begotten thee. 6 As He saith also in another place, Thou art a priest for ever after the order of Melchisedec.

I posted before I watched the video,will watch that later :)

• Thumbs Up 1

• Followers:  35
  • Topic Count:  100
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  41,180
  • Content Per Day:  7.98
  • Days Won:  76
  • Birthday:  07/27/1957

7 hours ago, Justin Adams said:

Mel is a man. God ordained his standing and made no comment about his lineage since that was always a problem. Mel is God's chosen person for a distinct and Godly reason. Mel is not divine.

Justin how do you reason this with the Scrupture here?
Hebrews 7:1-3 (KJV)
[1] For this Melchisedec, king of Salem, priest of the most high God, who met Abraham returning from the slaughter of the kings, and blessed him;
[2] To whom also Abraham gave a tenth part of all; first being by interpretation King of righteousness, and after that also King of Salem, which is, King of peace;
[3] Without father, without mother, without descent, having neither beginning of days, nor end of life; but made like unto the Son of God; abideth a priest continually.

• Thumbs Up 2

You brothers and sisters have given me a lot to look into

Ty for the responses?

SHALOM❤️

• Followers:  29
  • Topic Count:  597
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  56,116
  • Content Per Day:  7.56
  • Days Won:  271

I have a question that I haven't been able to find out.    Where did Melchisedec go?   When did he leave Salem?  Did he leave Salem?

• Followers:  18
  • Topic Count:  8
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  7,853
  • Content Per Day:  2.42
  • Days Won:  3

4 hours ago, enoob57 said:

Justin how do you reason this with the Scrupture here?
Hebrews 7:1-3 (KJV)
[1] For this Melchisedec, king of Salem,

(This identifies the man Abraham met on that day when he was returning from the defeat of the Kings who had captured Lot and the other people from Sodom, together with their families and their belongings. 

Lot together with the other Sodomites were captured when their King's army was defeated and their King and some of his men fled for their lives.

This battle was fought not while defending the city of Sodom but in a valley away from the city. 

priest of the most high God, who met Abraham returning from the slaughter of the kings, and blessed him;

This Man whom went to meet Abraham on his way back from his victorious battle was the King of the city of Salem. How long has he been the King of Salem before Abraham met him, got to know him at first? This must be a day before their meeting on that day when he went out to meet Abraham returning from his victorious battle. 

Because it looks like that Abraham and Melhisedec knew each other and the King of Sodom who was together with Abraham at that time it seems that they all knew one another.

And the clan of the Amorite brothers who fought together with Abraham they also knew that Melhisedec was the King of Salem and they knew a lot of things about the city of Salem because it must have been one of the cities in the surrounding area.

As the King Melhisedec also knew something about them.

They all knew how long Melhisedec was a King of the city of Salem and they knew who was the King of Salem before Melhisedec, they must have known if Melhisedec inherited the Kingdom from his Father or the circumstances of how he became the King of that city.

They also knew a lot about the city of Salem, they knew at that day that the inhabitants of that city must have bake a lot of bread or must have donated their baked bread and their wine to the King Melhisedec who went out to meet Abraham and everyone who was with him, all the people of Sodom together with Lot, the men of Abraham and the Amorite brothers and everyone else who was with Abraham. 

Melhisedec did not carried all that bread and wine alone he must have a lot of his own people with him and a lot of donkeys to transport those supplies to Abraham and to carried what Abraham gave to him from the spoils of the war, everything the defeated kings left behind and the goods of Sodom a tith.

What it was the custom between confederates, but strange as it was the Amorites who fought with Abraham had the right to the spoils but Melhisedec did not fought with Abraham, the men's family who may have die in war had a right to a part of the loot.

But Melhisedec and his men did not fight in this war and they did not have a right to the war trophies. 

Then Abraham giving a part of the war trophies to Melhisedec was it because Melhisedec knew that Abraham could not loose the battle because God was with him and he knew because he was a prophet that Abraham was in the battle and a winner and he was returning from the battle and he knew where he can meet him on his returning back and God put in his heart to get together bread and wine for them as they must have been exhausted from this ordeal.

Divine hand in everything and Melhisedec knew for sure that God was with Abraham more than anyone else and he spoke that way when he addressed Abraham. 

The goods Melhisedec gave to Abraham were they just a gift? 

If they were a gift Melhisedec would refuse to accept anything from Abraham as Abraham refused to accept anything from the King of Sodom.

Abraham gave what he gave to Melhisedec as a thank you and not to be obliged and own anything to him. 

Everything was settled that day, no obligation were left, the books were balanced and closed. 

It was the Lord and Abraham, Abraham was looking from his blessings from the Lord, and everyone who was with Abraham was also blessed by the Lord. 

Melhisedec was blessed and he got a lot more for him and his men for their kindness to Abraham and the people with him. 

Definitely Abraham gave something in return to Melhisedec and his men for the cost of the bread and wine and the men who were with him and their donkeys and their bakers and wine makers.

Thinking about this Melhisedec needed the men with their donkeys to carry the bread and wine to Abraham and his men and by doing this he had the donkeys and the men to carry what Abraham gave them back to their city.

Melhisedec would never have contemplated that he would need the donkeys to transport the goods Abraham gave him back to their city of abode. 

Perhaps the people of Salem gave bread and wine for Abraham and his men out of their need and the abundance of their heart..

Should I get involved as to what a Priest of God had to do in comparison to the Priesthood of Aaron the High Priest. 

The answer is obvious as Melhisedec did not had the book and the rules of Leviticus. 

And nothing of the things within the Temple, no Ark, no veil. and not a Sinai type of Covenant (now is getting too serious).

[2] To whom also Abraham gave a tenth part of all; first being by interpretation King of righteousness, and after that also King of Salem, which is, King of peace;
[3] Without father, without mother, without descent, having neither beginning of days, nor end of life; but made like unto the Son of God; abideth a priest continually.

Edited by Your closest friendnt

• Followers:  18
  • Topic Count:  8
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  7,853
  • Content Per Day:  2.42
  • Days Won:  3

1 hour ago, other one said:

I have a question that I haven't been able to find out.    Where did Melchisedec go?   When did he leave Salem?  Did he leave Salem?

Today is not much different than how everything was that time.

We keep records and we have the people who assign to enter the entries to those records, well trained and literate in record keeping. 

The same it was those times plus they had the people who knew everything about everything they needed to know by memory. 

No matter whether the records were destroyed by an earthquake or fire there was always almost always a back up storage system just like today.

They had the people who had the super memory they could recite everything by heart. Even if they did not know how to write. 

If you were living that time in Salem or you were a contemporary to King Melhisedec and you outlived him you would know a lot of things about him and perhaps you may have attended his burials ceremonies and you could point to where his burial site was to those who wanted to visit the burial site of Melhisedec and do what was customary to their culture.

After Melhisedec recieved the goods from Abraham in the presence of his men and the Amorite brothers who went in battle with him and in the presence of king of Sodom and Lot all being witness of what Abraham gave to Melhisedec. 

So there were no disputes of what happened to some of the loot gain from the battle. 

How long would it take to load the goods on the donkeys who had carried the bread and wine for the hundred of people who were with Abraham, and how many men for that task, men who were part of the people together with Melhisedec, his own men from the city of Salem. 

So when the goods were loaded up and everything and everyone was accounted Abraham and the others proceed to go their way and Melhisedec and the men with him with the goods recieved from Abraham went their way. 

Their way would be back to their city the city of Salem.

We should consider the way they travel that time it was not rapid transportation a lot of walking by foot. 

So the place of Abraham and the city of Salem it must be in some proximity and neighboring one another so it seems that they were confederates. 

PS if you were a contemporary to Melhisedec but for some reasons were not around to witness his birth celebrations or the News that the Queen has conceived and the talk about a prince or princess some of the elders in that town will be glad to recite everything that happened and how many days the celebrations lasted and everything about his Father and his cousins...and for how much wealth the king is accounted for.

In death there is only one way the people were going which continue from  Adam which was to keep falling after their death in the place of the dead. Whether someone was righteous or not, the same Inheritance for both but in different communities. 

Like our system which is a copy of theirs.  

Edited by Your closest friendnt

Thank you all for your responses 

I too believe from what little we have that Melkizedek was indeed a man 

and zedek was a kinda surname there is only one other man in the word with the Zedek moniker he was the King of Jerusalem in Joshua’s time names Adonizedek

We don’t have much in the cannon but other books ( enoch) eluded to Nir a priest and brother to Noah as being the father

“Noah and Nir hurried and washed the child, they dressed him in the garments of the priesthood, and they gave him bread to eat and he ate it. And they called him Melchizedek .”

then God said to Nir

“Behold already, Nir, the great lawlessness which has come about on the earth, which I shall not tolerate anymore. Behold, I plan not to send down a great destruction onto the earth. But, concerning the child, do not worry, Nir; because I, in a short while, will send My archangel Gabriel. And he will take the child and put him in the paradise of Edem.”

We know people lived longer back then, it’s “ possible” Melkizedek could be still around

But I have to agree with the majority that he was just a servant of God, But a “ type”  or foreshadowing of Christ 

when I say type I’m referring to type and antitype

example another type of Christ was the Bronze serpent Moses hung to cleanse the Israelites during the snakes ? 

the anti type would be Christ like  he says in

John3:14

Just as Moses lifted up the snake ? in the wilderness, so the Son of Man must be lifted up,

So a king and priest in the form of Melchizedek was a “type” to the coming Jesus

Thats one of those things we can ask the Father when we see him, but I’m convinced in my veiw that this mysterious king priest was not a spirit, Shem, or manifested Christ

as for his demise?

it’s unclear The author of Hebrews is speaking with silence, his stance is that if the scriptures don’t say ANYTHING than he is free to interpret it as he wishes that’s why he says “ without beginning  without end of life” , technically the Bible doesn’t refer to either so he isn’t “ technically “ wrong, but this has been misinterpreted as ETERNAL

I want to thank everyone for thier responses I was happy to see this topic sparked some interest in this mystery man, I’m sure there is more to him and have enjoyed all the theories put forth

Thank you Brothers and Sisters?

SHALOM❤️

Edited by MrBear
  • Thumbs Up 1