IGNORED

Revelation 12:6 The Woman In The Wilderness Explained?

truth7t7

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  56
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  2,749
  • Content Per Day:  0.60
  • Days Won:  0

6 hours ago, Michael37 said:

Edited by truth7t7

Do you mean literally, as those were coming from the Captivity, or metaphorically?

Thanks for the response

Yes I believe the scripture in Micah 7:13-18 is future literal, just as the OP has stated

• Group:  Servant
  • Followers:  21
  • Topic Count:  241
  • Topics Per Day:  0.11
  • Content Count:  6,946
  • Content Per Day:  3.27
  • Days Won:  2
  • Birthday:  09/23/1954

3 hours ago, truth7t7 said:

Thanks for the response

Yes I believe the scripture in Micah 7:13-18 is future literal, just as the OP has stated

Some do believe the prophecy is not just fulfilled when the decree of Cyrus allows the captives to return from the Babylonian exile, but Jeremiah's now fulfilled identical prophecy is specific to this past event. 

Jer 50:18-20  Therefore thus says the LORD of hosts, the God of Israel: "Behold, I will punish the king of Babylon and his land, As I have punished the king of Assyria.  (19)  But I will bring back Israel to his home, And he shall feed on Carmel and Bashan; His soul shall be satisfied on Mount Ephraim and Gilead.  (20)  In those days and in that time," says the LORD, "The iniquity of Israel shall be sought, but there shall be none; And the sins of Judah, but they shall not be found; For I will pardon those whom I preserve.

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  13
  • Topic Count:  51
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  2,366
  • Content Per Day:  0.78
  • Days Won:  9

11 hours ago, angels4u said:

Agree and she will flee to the wilderness where God will take care of her for 3 1/2 years,this will be during the Great Trib and she will flee to Petra.

Anyone that thinks God will not fullfill all his promises to Israel should consider Israel was His first and restoring Her will be last. And anyone who has bought into that replacement theology. Should go back to Rev 5 "Do not weep! (John) See, The Lion of the Tribe of Judah, The root of David, has Triumphed. He is Able to open the seals"

. Jesus the man, is Israel's messiah, Israel's promised King. Davids throne established forever in Heaven.. 

• Loved it! 1

Some do believe the prophecy is not just fulfilled when the decree of Cyrus allows the captives to return from the Babylonian exile, but Jeremiah's now fulfilled identical prophecy is specific to this past event. 

Jer 50:18-20  Therefore thus says the LORD of hosts, the God of Israel: "Behold, I will punish the king of Babylon and his land, As I have punished the king of Assyria.  (19)  But I will bring back Israel to his home, And he shall feed on Carmel and Bashan; His soul shall be satisfied on Mount Ephraim and Gilead.  (20)  In those days and in that time," says the LORD, "The iniquity of Israel shall be sought, but there shall be none; And the sins of Judah, but they shall not be found; For I will pardon those whom I preserve.

Thanks for the response!

We disagree, Micah 7 speaks of a future desolation in Jerusalem, as the remnant are taken into the wilderness and fed manna from heaven as in the days of old, this is the remnant of Gods heritage, the "Remnant Church" of Roman's chapter 11

Micah chapter 3 is speaking of the Eternal state, and Zion the mountain of the Lord, chapter 7 is on the way to Zion, as the Remnant Church is birthed in the wilderness

Jesus Is The Lord

Edited by truth7t7

• Followers:  14
  • Topic Count:  67
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  6,629
  • Content Per Day:  1.99
  • Days Won:  2

I'm happy to let the Lord explain who the woman is in Rev 12.

• Thumbs Up 1

• Topic Count:  771
  • Topics Per Day:  0.34
  • Content Count:  6,938
  • Content Per Day:  3.06
  • Days Won:  1

• Group:  Graduated to Heaven
  • Followers:  57
  • Topic Count:  1,546
  • Topics Per Day:  0.21
  • Content Count:  10,320
  • Content Per Day:  1.41
  • Birthday:  11/05/1951

On 12/17/2021 at 10:24 AM, missmuffet said:

The woman is Israel. 

Agreed.

1And a great sign appeared in heaven: a woman clothed with the sun, with the moon under her feet, and on her head a crown of twelve stars. 2She was pregnant and was crying out in birth pains and the agony of giving birth. 3And another sign appeared in heaven: behold, a great red dragon, with seven heads and ten horns, and on his heads seven diadems. 4His tail swept down a third of the stars of heaven and cast them to the earth. And the dragon stood before the woman who was about to give birth, so that when she bore her child he might devour it. 5She gave birth to a male child, one who is to rulea all the nations with a rod of iron, but her child was caught up to God and to his throne, 6and the woman fled into the wilderness, where she has a place prepared by God, in which she is to be nourished for 1,260 days.

Now at first glance (and 2nd glance) that sure looks to me that we have a woman who is pregnant, and gives birth to a son. a son to is to rule the nations, but that child was caught up to God and His throne, that sure looks like Jesus! Now, because that woman fled to the wilderness where she was protected for 3 and 1/2 years, I am going to have to say that the woman is Israel (the people, not the county) and she flees just like Jesus said to in Luke 12:
20 “But when you see Jerusalem surrounded by armies, then know that its desolation has come near. 21 Then let those who are in Judea flee to the mountains, and let those who are inside the city depart, and let not those who are out in the country enter it, 22for these are days of vengeance, to fulfill all that is written.

There, Israel is protected. Now we know the dragon is Satan, because the text says so. Looks like Satan planned to destroy Jesus, that is why he worked through Judas, etc. to get Jesus crucified. Problem is it is hard to outplay and outsmart an all powerful, all knowing God who had a plan for a sacrificial death burial and resurrection, so Satan unwittingly played a part in accomplishing Gods plan. He blew that one, and turned his attention to persecuting the Jews, but God had a plan for them too, their protection. No wonder the dragon was furious. So what does he do next? He goes after another group:

17Then the dragon became furious with the woman and went off to make war on the rest of her offspring, on those who keep the commandments of God and hold to the testimony of Jesus. 

So there, Satan is about persecution of  believers in Jesus. Then in Rev 13 we see:
5 And the beast was given a mouth uttering haughty and blasphemous words, and it was allowed to exercise authority for forty-two months. 6 It opened its mouth to utter blasphemies against God, blaspheming his name and his dwelling, that is, those who dwell in heaven. 7 Also it was allowed to make war on the saints and to conquer them. And authority was given it over every tribe and people and language and nation, 8 and all who dwell on earth will worship it, everyone whose name has not been written before the foundation of the world in the book of life of the Lamb who was slain.

so, for those 42 months, 3 and 1/2 half years, the forces of darkness have their way (they think). Everyone is going to worship the beast - almost, everyone except those who were chosen beforehand and were written in the Lambs book of life. What happens to them, we see in Revelation 20:

Also I saw the souls of those who had been beheaded for the testimony of Jesus and for the word of God, and those who had not worshiped the beast or its image and had not received its mark on their foreheads or their hands. They came to life and reigned with Christ for a thousand years. This is the first resurrection. Blessed and holy is the one who shares in the first resurrection! Over such the second death has no power, but they will be priests of God and of Christ, and they will reign with him for a thousand years.

Sorry Satan, foiled again, your persecution just means greater rewards for those who resisted you, and worshipped the Lord instead.

• Group:  Graduated to Heaven
  • Followers:  57
  • Topic Count:  1,546
  • Topics Per Day:  0.21
  • Content Count:  10,320
  • Content Per Day:  1.41
  • Birthday:  11/05/1951

On 12/17/2021 at 6:56 PM, angels4u said:

Agree and she will flee to the wilderness where God will take care of her for 3 1/2 years,this will be during the Great Trib and she will flee to Petra.

Or maybe not Petra. I know a lot of people think that and many have taught that, and I am not saying it is impossible. I just have not seen in the Bible where that place is said to be the place of the Jews retreat/hiding, but I could be wrong.  However, at the invasion or Jerusalem in 70 AD. those who remembered Jesus' instructions to get out of town fast, did so, only they fled to an area beyond the Jordan called Pella. That of course does not mean that History will repeat itself, or that Petra is not the location, but what is obvious to me, is that God does not need a specific location to protect the Jews, He can do that with his power, any time or place He chooses, He does not even need the Jews to flee at all, in order to protect them.

Petra is a Greek name, meaning "rock". In the Old Testament there is a place with the Hebrew name of "Rock" - called Sela. Some commentators assume the Sela and Petra, are the same place, and they may well be. Sela is in 2 Kings 14:7, Isa 16:1, Judges 1:36, Isa 42:11, 1 Sam 23:28, 2 Chr 25:12, 2 Kings 12:20, 1 Chr 5:11 if anyone wants to look into those.

monastery-petra-jordan.jpg.2f7afbb236be8da21c4e21906d261727.jpg

Why am I skeptical? I have been to Petra. To flee to Petra to hide, is like running off to hide in Disneyland. It is well known, quite a tourist destination. It was once a better candidate, since it was across a desert, and the entrance was through a narrow slot cannon (called the Siq now). That means in the days or foot soldiers and solders on horseback,  it did not take an army to prevent an army of tired, hungry thirsty soldiers from entering. In modern times, one nuke, or even one run of bombers with conventional explosives could wipe everyone out in Petra.
There are no sources of food or adequate water for a large population there, basically there is nothing strategic about the place, no natural protection, so for God to protect people He will have to do that supernaturally which he surely can, He just doesn't need a specific location in an area already hostile to Jews.

Another thing about Petra, than makes it seem to me NOT to be a candidate, is that Jesus said to flee to the mountains, Petra is in a valley.

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  56
  • Topic Count:  1,664
  • Topics Per Day:  0.20
  • Content Count:  19,764
  • Content Per Day:  2.39
  • Days Won:  28

3 hours ago, Omegaman 3.0 said:

Or maybe not Petra. I know a lot of people think that and many have taught that, and I am not saying it is impossible. I just have not seen in the Bible where that place is said to be the place of the Jews retreat/hiding, but I could be wrong.  However, at the invasion or Jerusalem in 70 AD. those who remembered Jesus' instructions to get out of town fast, did so, only they fled to an area beyond the Jordan called Pella. That of course does not mean that History will repeat itself, or that Petra is not the location, but what is obvious to me, is that God does not need a specific location to protect the Jews, He can do that with his power, any time or place He chooses, He does not even need the Jews to flee at all, in order to protect them.

Petra is a Greek name, meaning "rock". In the Old Testament there is a place with the Hebrew name of "Rock" - called Sela. Some commentators assume the Sela and Petra, are the same place, and they may well be. Sela is in 2 Kings 14:7, Isa 16:1, Judges 1:36, Isa 42:11, 1 Sam 23:28, 2 Chr 25:12, 2 Kings 12:20, 1 Chr 5:11 if anyone wants to look into those.

monastery-petra-jordan.jpg.2f7afbb236be8da21c4e21906d261727.jpg

Why am I skeptical? I have been to Petra. To flee to Petra to hide, is like running off to hide in Disneyland. It is well known, quite a tourist destination. It was once a better candidate, since it was across a desert, and the entrance was through a narrow slot cannon (called the Siq now). That means in the days or foot soldiers and solders on horseback,  it did not take an army to prevent an army of tired, hungry thirsty soldiers from entering. In modern times, one nuke, or even one run of bombers with conventional explosives could wipe everyone out in Petra.
There are no sources of food or adequate water for a large population there, basically there is nothing strategic about the place, no natural protection, so for God to protect people He will have to do that supernaturally which he surely can, He just doesn't need a specific location in an area already hostile to Jews.

Another thing about Petra, than makes it seem to me NOT to be a candidate, is that Jesus said to flee to the mountains, Petra is in a valley.

They will escape to Petra which is in Jordan where God will keep them safe during those days. 

He ( the AC) shall enter also into the glorious land, and many countries'shall be overthrown; but these shall be delivered out of his hand: Edom, and Moab, and the chief of the children of Ammon.Daniel 11:41