• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  13
  • Topic Count:  280
  • Topics Per Day:  0.20
  • Content Count:  13,159
  • Content Per Day:  9.58
  • Days Won:  149

On 3/25/2022 at 1:13 PM, other one said:

I don't know anything about underground, but everyone of Cain's line (Adam's son) died in the flood.

My mistake there. It is the serpent's seed that continues to use men in the same way. I see it as a continuation of the same ancient pagan things today. men 'like" Cain' still exist.

• Followers:  29
  • Topic Count:  599
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  56,319
  • Content Per Day:  7.55
  • Days Won:  271

24 minutes ago, Starise said:

My mistake there. It is the serpent's seed that continues to use men in the same way. I see it as a continuation of the same ancient pagan things today. men 'like" Cain' still exist.

There are much worse things than Cain running amuck today.

As for the serpent seed, that is usually tied into Satan having sexual relations with eve and was the father of Cain.   That is scripturally unsound theology.  But he seemed to be pretty well set against God though.

• Thumbs Up 1

• Group:  Graduated to Heaven
  • Followers:  57
  • Topic Count:  1,546
  • Topics Per Day:  0.21
  • Content Count:  10,320
  • Content Per Day:  1.40
  • Days Won:  9
  • Birthday:  11/05/1951

Hi all, rather than call out any names, here, let me say that I am getting reports about trolling. I have looked at those, and did not find the trolling which was alleged.

So, don't be so sensitive if people ask you questions, and you are not obligated to answer them if you do not have anything nice to say, or nothing better to do than to report people who disagree with you.

While we are on the subject, there are some odd things being said here. The topic is angels, if you are not talking about angels, then you are off topic, and may well (probably will) be banned from further comments in this thread. Maybe the time to end the thread has come anyway, we'll see, but one things is for certaih:

There are more words in this thread, that there is information in the Bible about angels. I think that means that much of this thread is just over-wordiness, and speculation. Why is this thread on angels 14 pages long? This might be an exaggeration, but I would not be surprised if 95% of what we can know about angels was on the first page! Why is this important anyway? What are you going to do with this information that benefits you, your neighbor, of glorifies God?

Finally, if a person is going to post odd speculations about angels which are not found in the Bible, or not clear in the Bible, then it is reasonable to expect others to ask where such information comes from, or to explain how that information was derived.

'nuff said!

• Thumbs Up 2
  • Well Said! 1
  • Oy Vey! 1

• Followers:  13
  • Topic Count:  280
  • Content Count:  13,159
  • Content Per Day:  9.58
  • Days Won:  149

As the originator of the thread I am ok if it gets locked. As you say, anyone who reads it is going to get bogged down into lots of stuff that actually leads us away from the OT.

It's kind of funny in a way, but I moved this subject from another thread that was getting bogged down and going in too many directions only to run into the same things here :)

If someone else wants to try another thread on the subject who might approach it in a different way that can be more concise, by all means go for it. I know I probably could have focused on a few things that were probably missed. Having said that, please be aware this isn't a pencil swinging contest  to see who can post the most text.

If you're filling me/us with info please use a funnel and pour slowly. If the point isn't made it isn't understood. If it isn't understood it's pretty much useless.

If no one else jumps on the topic, I'll let some time go by and attempt it again. 

Having said that, I appreciate all who commented here with a mind to get to the heart of the subject.:thumbsup:

• Followers:  9
  • Topic Count:  41
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  6,636
  • Content Per Day:  1.07
  • Days Won:  1
  • Birthday:  10/28/1957

On 3/25/2022 at 8:04 PM, debrakay said:

Thank you Retro!  I know the Neanderthals were humans created by God but I had never really thought about why they lived in caves until you spoke of Cain's descendants going underground.  I have a curious mind.  Seeking knowledge and wisdom has always been on my agenda.  Many answers will not come until I stand before the Lord. :D  So much to learn.  So little time.

Shalom, debrakay.

You're welcome. If you want to investigate curiously looking human beings, consider the man Eesaav ("Esau"). Here's how he was BORN!

Genesis 25:19-28 (KJV)

19 And these are the generations of Isaac, Abraham's son: Abraham begat Isaac: 20 And Isaac was forty (40) years old when he took Rebekah to wife, the daughter of Bethuel the Syrian of Padanaram, the sister to Laban the Syrian. 21 And Isaac intreated the LORD for his wife, because she was barren: and the LORD was intreated of him, and Rebekah his wife conceived. 22 And the children struggled together within her; and she said,

"If it be so, why am I thus?"

And she went to inquire of the LORD. 23 And the LORD said unto her,

"Two nations are in thy womb, and two manner of people shall be separated from thy bowels; and the one people shall be stronger than the other people; and the elder shall serve the younger."

24 And when her days to be delivered were fulfilled, behold, there were twins in her womb. 25 And the first came out red, all over like an hairy garment; and they called his name Esau (Hebrew: Eesaav = "doing; making"). 26 And after that came his brother out, and his hand took hold on Esau's heel; and his name was called Jacob (Hebrew: Ya`aqoV = "he-[is]-a-heel-catcher"): and Isaac was threescore (60) years old when she bare them.

27 And the boys grew: and Esau was a cunning hunter, a man of the field; and Jacob was a plain man, dwelling in tents. 28 And Isaac loved Esau, because he did eat of his venison: but Rebekah loved Jacob.

-o-

Here's this baby who comes out "red, all over like a hairy coat!" Tell me that's not strange for a baby! Think about what Ya`aqoV ("Jacob") had to do in order to deceive his father, Yitschaq ("Isaac"):

Genesis 27:5-17 (KJV)

5 And Rebekah heard when Isaac spake to Esau his son. And Esau went to the field to hunt for venison, and to bring it. 6 And Rebekah spake unto Jacob her son, saying,

"Behold, I heard thy father speak unto Esau thy brother, saying, 7 'Bring me venison, and make me savoury meat, that I may eat, and bless thee before the LORD before my death.' 8 Now therefore, my son, obey my voice according to that which I command thee. 9 Go now to the flock, and fetch me from thence two good kids of the goats; and I will make them savoury meat for thy father, such as he loveth: 10 And thou shalt bring it to thy father, that he may eat, and that he may bless thee before his death."

11 And Jacob said to Rebekah his mother,

"Behold, Esau my brother is a hairy man, and I am a smooth man: 12 My father peradventure will feel me, and I shall seem to him as a deceiver; and I shall bring a curse upon me, and not a blessing."

13 And his mother said unto him,

"Upon me be thy curse, my son: only obey my voice, and go fetch me them."

14 And he went, and fetched, and brought them to his mother: and his mother made savoury meat, such as his father loved. 15 And Rebekah took goodly raiment of her eldest son Esau, which were with her in the house, and put them upon Jacob her younger son: 16 And she put the skins of the kids of the goats upon his hands, and upon the smooth of his neck: 17 And she gave the savoury meat and the bread, which she had prepared, into the hand of her son Jacob.

-o-

What's telling is that IT WORKED! It's really a fascinating account! Read the rest of the chapter for the complete story.

Shalom, to all.

In light of what @Omegaman 3.0 just said, I'll just say that my posts lately have been to show the VARIETY in the human DNA that evolutionists mistake as separate lines of origin in the human populations, such as Neanderthals.

These oddities are often used to support that "angels (the sons of God) cohabited with the daughters of men" in Genesis 6. I've been trying to show that there have been other understandings of Genesis 6 that do NOT involve "angels" and that "sons of God" actually refer to the children of Shet ("Seth").

I came up with the underground Chanokhim ("Enochians") based on what I've read in Genesis 4 as well as Genesis 6, and I believe that "sons of God" do NOT refer to angels at all, but self-absorbed, delusional descendants of Adam who thought that, because they were allowed to live on the surface while Qayin ("Cain") and his family had to live underground, they deserved the title! It's a title of PREJUDICE! They honor themselves with the "sons of God" label, and think of Qayin's descendants as mere "men" or even "sub-human." In fact, the Scriptures say that they TOOK the daughters of mere "men" BY FORCE to make them their wives! And, what's worse is that they were PRAISED for doing so!

I believe that THAT is what God was disgusted about! And, God NEVER said ANYTHING about "angels" in His denouncement of human beings. That may technically be an argument from silence, but why DIDN'T He mention them? Here's what He said:

Genesis 6:5-7 (KJV)

5 And GOD saw that the wickedness of man was great in the earth, and that every imagination of the thoughts of his heart was only evil continually. 6 And it repented the LORD that he had made man on the earth, and it grieved him at his heart. 7 And the LORD said,

"I will destroy man whom I have created from the face of the earth; both man, and beast, and the creeping thing, and the fowls of the air; for it repenteth me that I have made them."

So, I don't find any credence in the "angels cohabited with the daughers of men" theory.

• Thumbs Up 1

On 3/25/2022 at 10:31 PM, Golds and Blues said:

Tell the readers here where your inheritance is from, little yosef

Shalom, Golds and Blues.

To what are you referring? Are you talking about my future reign with Yeshua` the Messiah when He grows His Kingdom throughout the Millennium? OR, are you looking beyond to my home on the New Earth in the New Jerusalem?

• Thumbs Up 1

24 minutes ago, Golds and Blues said:

Ignore the truth and you'll find vacancy of life youngin. 

I have no idea what you are saying there. Are you calling me a 'youngin' at seventy years old? Should I be insulted? :P 

Jesus is the way, the Truth, and the life. No one comes to the Father except by Him, so I take care not to ignore Him.

• Followers:  55
  • Topic Count:  1,664
  • Content Count:  19,764
  • Content Per Day:  2.38
  • Days Won:  28

3 minutes ago, Omegaman 3.0 said:

I have no idea what you are saying there. Are you calling me a 'youngin' at seventy years old? Should I be insulted? :P 

Jesus is the way, the Truth, and the life. No one comes to the Father except by Him, so I take care not to ignore Him.

I was wondering what he was referring to also and couldn’t approve it because I wasn’t sure of the meaning of this post,I think he thinks you’re young, take the compliment :)

On 3/27/2022 at 5:35 PM, Starise said:

As the originator of the thread I am ok if it gets locked.

Well if it becomes a real problem, that will happen most certainly, sometimes they get hidden as well. If you want it locked just ask, and we'll do it. but I expect that eventually it will just die a death of natural causes, they some threads seem to go on forever for reasons I do not understand, and still others seem like they died, only to be resurrected by someone browsing old threads!