• Followers:  10
  • Topic Count:  60
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  2,249
  • Content Per Day:  1.95
  • Days Won:  20

1 hour ago, Mike Mclees said:

Is government our Messiah. 

Not to the true believer who knows Jesus Christ and has a relationship with him.  Our trust is in him alone.

But to the unbeliever, the government is a god, a savior, to them, someone they believe will save them. Unfortunately there are some Christians who will trust the government more than Jesus.

• Thumbs Up 1

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  14
  • Topic Count:  32
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  5,251
  • Content Per Day:  0.97
  • Days Won:  1

20 minutes ago, debrakay said:

Not to the true believer who knows Jesus Christ and has a relationship with him.  Our trust is in him alone.

But to the unbeliever, the government is a god, a savior, to them, someone they believe will save them. Unfortunately there are some Christians who will trust the government more than Jesus.

default_thumbsup.gif.1f26aa7ef383ff70fab22229a8a4971b.gif

You can't legislate morality.

• Thumbs Up 2

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Topic Count:  54
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  2,667
  • Content Per Day:  1.72
  • Days Won:  0

5 hours ago, Mike Mclees said:

My question is why? Did Satan not know who he was talking to? Was Jesus to be fooled by him? 

My opinion is that satan looked at Jesus in the exact same way all of the Jews looked at Him… how can this humble man be the Son of God?

Satan was not only tempting Jesus but he was trying to get Him to prove it. 

Further, God is revealing to us this story to show he (satan) is not all knowing, all powerful, all present, etc., and he is prevented from physically assaulting us .. just like in the Garden- he can deceive but not use his powers to physically harm us… if he had that power he would simply have destroyed Adam and Eve or even Jesus. I believe this is one of the many lessons in Job - were he WAS allowed to physically destroy Job’s family members— but only with God’s permission. 

Just my thoughts, Charlie 

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Thanks 1

• Followers:  38
  • Topic Count:  365
  • Topics Per Day:  0.16
  • Content Count:  8,700
  • Content Per Day:  3.91
  • Days Won:  64

Since the demons knew who Jesus was while he was on Earth, according to scripture,

Suddenly, a man in the synagogue who was possessed by an evil spirit cried out, "Why are you interfering with us, Jesus of Nazareth? Have you come to destroy us? I know who you are — the Holy One of God!"

I am sure Satan was aware of who Jesus is too when he was on Earth and in heaven too (Book of Job).

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Thanks 1

• Followers:  18
  • Topic Count:  165
  • Topics Per Day:  0.06
  • Content Count:  3,997
  • Content Per Day:  1.56
  • Days Won:  15

10 hours ago, Mike Mclees said:

My question is why? Did Satan not know who he was talking to? Was Jesus to be fooled by him? 

There is actually a history here, it was The Lord Jesus Son of Man who caste Satan out of heaven (Ezekiel 28:11-19), not The Archangel Michael as RCC believe. Yes Michael and his angels fought the devil and his angels (Revelation 12:7-9), but Michael was unable to defeat the devil over the body of Moses until He called on the Lord, “But when the archangel Michael, contending with the devil, was disputing about the body of Moses, he did not presume to pronounce a blasphemous judgment, but said, “The Lord rebuke you.”(Jude 1:9) So we then see Jesus Son of Man and Lord caste Satan out (Ezekiel 28:11-18). 

Now when Jesus took on human flesh and became like us, He limited himself: 

You must have the same attitude that Christ Jesus had. 
Though he was God,
    he did not think of equality with God
    as something to cling to.
Instead, he gave up his divine privileges;
    he took the humble position of a slave
    and was born as a human being.
When he appeared in human form,   he humbled himself in obedience to God
    and died a criminal’s death on a cross. Therefore, God elevated him to the place of highest honor
    and gave him the name above all other names,
that at the name of Jesus every knee should bow,
    in heaven and on earth and under the earth,
and every tongue declare that Jesus Christ is Lord,
    to the glory of God the Father.” (Philippians 2:5-11)

Thus I believe Satan in his hubris thought he could make The Son fall, be caste down as He was. This is absurd to us because God is Good and there is no evil in him, nor can He sin. But the devil is blinded by the pride that blinded him in heaven,  “Your heart was proud because of your beauty; you corrupted your wisdom for the sake of your splendor.  I cast you to the ground.” (Ezekiel 28:17), and “How you are fallen from heaven, O Day Star, son of Dawn! How you are cut down to the ground,
you who laid the nations low!  You said in your heart,  ‘I will ascend to heaven; above the stars of God, I will set my throne on high; I will sit on the mount of assembly in the far reaches of the north;  I will ascend above the heights of the clouds;  I will make myself like the Most High.’  But you are brought down to Sheol, to the far reaches of the pit.” (Isaiah 14:12-15)

Edited by Fidei Defensor
  • Thanks 2

• Topic Count:  54
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  2,667
  • Content Per Day:  1.72

18 minutes ago, Amanda Frances said:

Since the demons knew who Jesus was while he was on Earth, according to scripture,

Suddenly, a man in the synagogue who was possessed by an evil spirit cried out, "Why are you interfering with us, Jesus of Nazareth? Have you come to destroy us? I know who you are — the Holy One of God!"

I am sure Satan was aware of who Jesus is too when he was on Earth and in heaven too (Book of Job).

Two good points!  There is certainly no way we can fully understand God and His ways... Not to take away from your comments since they certainly are valid, the only possible (quick) response is the identity of Jesus was indeed made known but only AFTER He completed the 40 days in the desert and was tempted by Satan.  He was "cleanses and purified" only after the 40 days (and this is not saying He was not pure and sinless before completing the 40 day trial period). 

The second comment regarding Job - I am not sure, but I think that he was dealing with God and not Jesus.

Charlie

• Followers:  96
  • Topic Count:  307
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  18,136
  • Content Per Day:  4.63
  • Days Won:  327

2 hours ago, Mike Mclees said:

Could you clarify your remark and God bless

Hi Mike...

Well,its sort of being facetious because I am in agreement with what you stated ( entirely),especially about Gods Will .....

I described the enemy as an opportunist & he's not so smart,a one trick pony.You commented to say the enemy was wrong about thinking that was an opportune moment

Hence- my comment,get it now?

I Receive the Blessing( I try not to miss seizing any)& right back at ya

In His Love, Kwik

Good topic!

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  4
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  165
  • Content Per Day:  0.17

Notice how everyone of Yeshua's replies was from the Torah. His Father's doctrines. The Law.

Big clues hear on how to overcome the devil as He did in this particular context. The Law was not done away with for Yeshua, He reinforced it by quoting it's truth. Yeshua is the Torah the Old Testament in the flesh

Praise Yahweh

Shalom

• Loved it! 1

• 2 weeks later...

• Group:  Servant
  • Followers:  21
  • Topic Count:  241
  • Topics Per Day:  0.11
  • Content Count:  6,942
  • Content Per Day:  3.27
  • Days Won:  2
  • Birthday:  09/23/1954

On 7/6/2022 at 2:50 AM, Mike Mclees said:

Hi Mike,

An interesting set of questions.

Jesus and Satan, formerly Lucifer, have been well acquainted since before Creation. 

Joh 8:44  You are of your father the devil, and the desires of your father you want to do. He was a murderer from the beginning, and does not stand in the truth, because there is no truth in him. When he speaks a lie, he speaks from his own resources, for he is a liar and the father of it.

1Jn 3:8  He who sins is of the devil, for the devil has sinned from the beginning. For this purpose the Son of God was manifested, that He might destroy the works of the devil.

The Holy Spirit led Jesus into the wilderness for the express purpose of testing His response to Satan's opposition so that we can be sure that He is righteous and trustworthy, and capable of leading us away from temptation.

Joh 14:30  I will no longer talk much with you, for the ruler of this world is coming, and he has nothing in Me.

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  65
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  2,216
  • Content Per Day:  1.36
  • Birthday:  03/25/1961

On 7/5/2022 at 8:50 AM, Mike Mclees said:

Thats a great question. Well if we look at the OT Christ was not one you would really want to look at. Yet if demons said "What do you want with us, Son of God?" they shouted. "Have you come here to torture us before the appointed time?"

So Satan as Christ said "He was a murderer from the beginning, and does not stand in the truth because there is no truth in him. When he lies, he speaks what is natural to him, for he is a liar and the father of lies and half-truths.". So for him to say if you are.... thats who he is. 

I think for us we only see flesh. I wonder .. well in the spirit in the supernatural seeing Him.. for them was that light blinding https://worthychristianforums-h45go6maxh5rpepgu.netdna-ssl.com/uploads/emoticons/default_smile.png