Starise

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  13
  • Topic Count:  279
  • Topics Per Day:  0.21
  • Content Count:  13,079
  • Content Per Day:  9.76
  • Days Won:  149

One of the fruits of the Spirit is Patience. 

Patience is one of those traits describing a person who isn't impatient.

If time goes too slow when a person wants it to go faster, that person could be dealing with the nemesis of patience- Impatience. 

If Patience is a fruit of the Spirit in a believer's life, then it only stands to reason impatience is NOT a fruit of the Spirit.

God is said to be very patient with us and with creation. No doubt many times He could have acted much differently, but due to His nature, He chose to have patience with us.

This is not to say God never acts. God will eventually know when it's in His time to judge evil wicked men and women. This is not Impatience on God's part, this is God's perfect timing.

I remember when one kind of guitar came out and everyone who wanted it was scrambling to get it asap. For some reason people scramble to get the newest things as they come out, but a few years later the same thing can be found for pennies compared to the original cost. This is because demand dropped off and the item was no longer as desirable, and it's probably common knowledge many companies will try to create a hype around a product so people will buy it i.e. the Apple iphone released around Christmas time.

What about other times and situations when it seems people don't like to wait? No one likes waiting in long lines or in doctor's offices or traffic jams, so how are we as believers to deal with these things? Do you feel we should be infinitely patient, or is there a point when it is good and fair to feel frustrated and act on a solution to speed the process?

How many must have a sickness or know of an unwell loved one that seems to be going through so much. We wish we could rush the healing process somehow to make them better right away. When going through any kind of an unfortunate situation we can't seem to get through it fast enough. Is it commendable to hurry through life? Many see hurry as a good thing because it looks productive, but it it really?

A single person intent on meeting a mate can get impatient with what they feel is low quality candidates and they feel they are wasting their time, or we can become impatient with the lack of progress either in ourselves or in others for various reasons.

Impatience often comes from an expectation that was unfulfilled, Maybe we planned to be at a meeting by 9, but this traffic jam is going to make us late, so we sit and stew over it.

How do we let go and let God when these things happen? When God throws a monkey wrench into our plans? Do we lower our expectations or do we just give up on life and decide to coast through it not really caring any more about any of it?

A person close to me always says, " You are where God wants you to be right now". This is supposed to make me feel better, but usually it doesn't. Then I ask God why He put me in this slow unproductive mess.

As we mature in the Lord we are SUPPOSED to be gaining this valuable trait. This is one part of us as created in the image of God we should be able to mirror. Yet how often do we?

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  22
  • Topic Count:  1,294
  • Content Count:  31,762
  • Content Per Day:  5.23
  • Days Won:  115

I find the thing I have the most trouble with my impatience is the Second Coming of the Lord.  Everything else is not an issue.  I used to be very impatient before the Lord began working in me about why it was not His time to do something.  By His grace and love, I can now sit in a traffic jam, doctors office, long lines, etc. and not even think about it.  Maybe this is also due to not having to be anywhere at a certain time or not trying to do this or that in a hurry.  

Time is precious.  We can never get time back, so why ruin the present when we actually don't control it?  Faith increases patience, if you can see how the two connect.

• Thumbs Up 1

• Followers:  34
  • Topic Count:  1,991
  • Topics Per Day:  0.48
  • Content Count:  48,689
  • Content Per Day:  11.81
  • Days Won:  226

I have always been patient. I am not as patient in my older years as I was when I was younger. 

On a scale of 1-10 where do you fall?

• Followers:  22
  • Topic Count:  194
  • Topics Per Day:  0.11
  • Content Count:  11,053
  • Content Per Day:  6.55
  • Days Won:  36
  • Birthday:  01/09/1956

If I allow the flesh to have the reigns, I can be quite impatient. If I don't then I am not.

This is pretty much me too.

• Followers:  34
  • Topic Count:  1,991
  • Topics Per Day:  0.48
  • Content Count:  48,689
  • Content Per Day:  11.81
  • Days Won:  226

25 minutes ago, Starise said:

On a scale of 1-10 where do you fall?

If 10 is the most patient I would say 8.

Edited by missmuffet

Really? :D

Revelation 14: 11-13

11 And the smoke of their torment ascendeth up for ever and ever: and they have no rest day nor night, who worship the beast and his image, and whosoever receiveth the mark of his name.

12 Here is the patience of the saints: here are they that keep the commandments of God, and the faith of Jesus.

13 And I heard a voice from heaven saying unto me, Write, Blessed are the dead which die in the Lord from henceforth: Yea, saith the Spirit, that they may rest from their labours; and their works do follow them.