IGNORED

Putting Threads On Ignore, (as a convenience)

Neighbor

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  44
  • Topic Count:  6,178
  • Topics Per Day:  0.87
  • Content Count:  43,799
  • Content Per Day:  6.19
  • Days Won:  58

2 hours ago, Neighbor said:

Hi all, 

I don't want to be putting individuals on ignore BUT it might be nice to be able to put entire threads on ignore.

Is it possible to thin out the shear number of threads and categories of threads so that new ones and/or one's interesting ( to me) might better stand out ( for me) and not be missed as I look around the WCF?

I don't think I have seen such a feature before.  Is it a perhaps useful idea, or maybe a bummer of one? 

Would you likely use such a feature or not? What might be the flaws in the idea/thought?

I have a red button that says ignore this topic. Do you have that feature?

• Thumbs Up 1

• Followers:  22
  • Topic Count:  194
  • Topics Per Day:  0.11
  • Content Count:  11,054
  • Content Per Day:  6.46
  • Days Won:  36
  • Birthday:  01/09/1956

Just now, ayin jade said:

I have a red button that says ignore this topic. Do you have that feature?

By golly, its right there.

lol.

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  13
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  334
  • Content Per Day:  0.83
  • Days Won:  1

Why would one need a button to ignore a thread when all they have to do is ignore it? Follow all the threads you want to read and when someone posts in them you will be notified. Don't read the others.

• Brilliant! 1

• Followers:  22
  • Topic Count:  194
  • Content Count:  11,054
  • Content Per Day:  6.46
  • Days Won:  36
  • Birthday:  01/09/1956

I have never put anyone or anything on ignore….I even listen to NPR once in a while.

lol

• Haha 1

• Followers:  18
  • Topic Count:  962
  • Topics Per Day:  0.35
  • Content Count:  13,734
  • Content Per Day:  5.04
  • Days Won:  6
  • Birthday:  03/03/1885

1 hour ago, Alive said:

I have never put anyone or anything on ignore….I even listen to NPR once in a while.

lol

Oh my, NPR radical radio. It actually has  few fun programs I listen to while on the road.

And wow I have totally missed the great big  ignore this thread button. Evidently I used it in the past as there are pages of ignored threads from back in 2018 still on my ignore list of threads.

Why have an ignore button at all?  Well I hope it may declutter my screen's list of threads, may save time, and help in my case  to be seeing what is there new to be seen in a category. I do have some vision issues that affects up close vision. The less I have to contend with to find what I want the better it is for me.

2 minutes ago, Neighbor said:

Oh my, NPR radical radio. It actually has  few fun programs I listen to while on the road.

And wow I have totally missed the great big  ignore this thread button. Evidently I used it in the past as there are pages of ignored threads from back in 2018 still on my ignore list of threads.

Why have an ignore button at all?  Well I hope it may declutter my screen's list of threads, may save time, and help in my case  to be seeing what is there new to be seen in a category. I do have some vision issues that affects up close vision. The less I have to contend with to find what I want the better it is for me.

I don't follow any threads, nor any poster for that matter.

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  69
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  2,240
  • Content Per Day:  1.35
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  03/25/1961

4 hours ago, Neighbor said:

Hi all, 

I don't want to be putting individuals on ignore BUT it might be nice to be able to put entire threads on ignore.

Is it possible to thin out the shear number of threads and categories of threads so that new ones and/or one's interesting ( to me) might better stand out ( for me) and not be missed as I look around the WCF?

I don't think I have seen such a feature before.  Is it a perhaps useful idea, or maybe a bummer of one? 

Would you likely use such a feature or not? What might be the flaws in the idea/thought?

Not something I have in 62 years alive 50+ saved ever done. Wanted to? Duh  yes but I knew that thought was not of God but the enemy. See if I would not do this in heaven nor do it to Christ nor wanted it done to me I never will anyone. I can start reading and then ..nope don't need to keep reading or don't need to read that thread. But ignore.. it hurts. I see so many Christian Youtube channels where they never reply or even read the comments and so many so so so many asking for help prayer.. endless. Some very loving men women of God won't  let you even post nor tell  you where to go if you have any prayers needs. Its "we turned it off because of" yeah.. all the other people. Like replying to this known Preacher that I never see replying .. I truly thought I was agreeing yet "its my channel my forum so I can say do anything I want here" <---amen and this is the same thing for this but he added about what I said "it was mumble jumble incoherent". 

That really hurt...if he knew me he would never say that. Words spelling talking.. oh man its a nightmar. Well take a guess how long I have been at this ONE post? A while now. Its to long.. to short.. its n0t coming out at all like I thinking. So this preacher did nothing wrong .. I just said Father forgive me. It is very sad that the only ones that have ever let me know about how I talk spell are believers the world? Didn't care. My point is.. this is how I look at many posts. I know mine can oh be taking the wrong way and.. its just text I don't care.. say what you want.. my love for you is not based on how yo talk or you are sinless or.. just .. need help? Love to pray.. 

So ignore.. I won't  don't do it.. ALLOT of so called mods.. this coming from PLEASE no offense but a mod.. I tend to put them a tad higher.. expect more from them .. as believers.. to set an example.. this is just me  

2 minutes ago, TheBlade said:

So ignore.. I won't  don't do it.. ALLOT of so called mods.. this coming from PLEASE no offense but a mod.. I tend to put them a tad higher.. expect more from them .. as believers.. to set an example.. this is just me  

Hi, I don't think anyone is compelled to read every post on every thread. That would be a 24/7 job.

As for myself, it will an effort to be able to see more not less, by decluttering the screen of  some of what what I have seen already. I'll soon see if it helps me or not.

I am as I jokingly call it "half blinded" in one eye and I see double out of the other, which keeps my brain busy sorting what it sees close up. At any distance it is not a problem at all as  I then see better than 20/20 from both eyes. My eye surgeons call it "stymied" as in they are stymied as to what to do next if anything.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  16
  • Topic Count:  72
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  10,372
  • Content Per Day:  7.12
  • Days Won:  99

Sorry, I had this thread on ignore so I didn't notice it was active. :whistling:

Just kidding. I hope @Neighbor gets a kick out of that. :D

I don't see the point in it myself but if it works for others, then the purpose has been served. I can see the reasons why others might use that feature... notifications, perhaps? Maybe someone is "done" with a topic and they wish to forget about it.

Too bad for our brother @Ghostdog, though. He created a topic called "Ignore this thread" and of course, no one is ignoring it. Of course we aren't!

He created another topic years ago where no one else was welcome, so our brother @Henry_iain took it over and welcomed everybody to post there. :clap:

Inspired, I conducted a little experiment: I created a topic called, "Everyone is welcome in this thread!". It died from lack of activity months ago. :laugh:

What was my point in this response? Oh yes, the ignore topic feature. It's there for those of us who wish to use it. :noidea:

• Thumbs Up 2

• Group:  Servant
  • Followers:  21
  • Topic Count:  245
  • Content Count:  7,039
  • Content Per Day:  3.28
  • Days Won:  2
  • Birthday:  09/23/1954

46 minutes ago, Marathoner said:

Sorry, I had this thread on ignore so I didn't notice it was active. :whistling:

Shall I press the big red rectangle . . . 

image.png.2969c3f0cd7568076aa6fc1ff96ca193.png

. . . no, I usually enjoy Neighbor's threads.

• This is Worthy 1
  • Haha 1