Starise

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  13
  • Topic Count:  279
  • Topics Per Day:  0.21
  • Content Count:  13,104
  • Content Per Day:  9.70
  • Days Won:  149

I was recently talking with some friends. We were on the subject of being frustrated about things sometimes. One of them mentioned they didn't feel comfortable taking that to God.

We all go through these very human experiences and sometimes it seems we hold back how we really feel, even to God. I mean, He already knows regardless.

Does anyone else have times when they get frustrated and vent to God? I have had some interesting discussions with him in my car when noone else is in it. The only other place I would feel comfortable doing that is in the deep woods or a solitary bathroom with good soundproofing. Usually for me, it's in the car.

How about you? Do you feel it's disrespectul to vent to Jesus?

• Thumbs Up 2
  • Loved it! 1

• Followers:  44
  • Topic Count:  6,178
  • Topics Per Day:  0.87
  • Content Count:  43,796
  • Content Per Day:  6.20
  • Days Won:  58

We have 2 good biblical examples to follow.... more when I get back from taking husband to work....

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  17
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  3,300
  • Content Per Day:  1.71
  • Days Won:  0

1 hour ago, Starise said:

Do you feel it's disrespectul to vent to Jesus

Depends why.

If one is being disrespectful  in how one vents over minor inconvenience  then one shouldn't. 

However if one is facing real difficulties then as part of expressing  ones pain I think it is ok to vent ones feelings.

• Thumbs Up 2

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  57
  • Content Count:  1,413
  • Content Per Day:  0.27

I go through what I think of as "Why me, God?" moments sometimes when frustrations mount. I might even say it out loud in an exasperated tone so I hear you about remote/soundproof locations. I used to feel like we shouldn't do it but I've since changed my mind. I think that so long as there's some respect shown to God it's okay to pour our hearts out before Him, even if we're frustrated with Him. The way I see it is deep down if we complain to Him we believe He can do something about it, thus it shows our dependence on Him. Another thing to remember is that a lot of the content found in Psalms is this very thing.

Psalm 13:1-2: "How long, O Lord? Will you forget me forever? How long will you hide your face from me? How long must I take counsel in my soul and have sorrow in my heart all the day? How long shall my enemy be exalted over me?"

Once you get past the floral language it seems a pretty clear instance of venting. The thing is that these instances in Psalms also typically come with some acknowledgement of God's power and/or past deeds, hence my feelings on the need to be respectful in our ventings.

• Thumbs Up 1

• Followers:  44
  • Topic Count:  6,178
  • Topics Per Day:  0.87
  • Content Count:  43,796
  • Content Per Day:  6.20
  • Days Won:  58

If by venting you mean telling the Lord of ones troubles and continue in faith with Him ... david in psalms gives us an example:

Psalms 13
1 To the Chief Musician. A Psalm of David. How long will You forget me, O LORD? Forever? How long will You hide Your face from me?
2 How long shall I take counsel in my heart having sorrow in my heart daily? How long shall my enemy be lifted up over me?
3 Look! Answer me, O LORD my God; enlighten my eyes, lest I sleep the sleep of death,
4 lest my enemy say, I have overcome him, and my foes rejoice when I am shaken.
5 But I have trusted in Your mercy; my heart shall rejoice in Your salvation.
6 I will sing to the LORD, because He has rewarded me.

Notice how david maintains faith and worship of the Lord. His heart is wrapped up in the Lord

If by venting you mean crying out to God and not relying on Him, then I do not think that is appropriate.

Job vented without submitting to the will of God, without relying on the Lord, and is chastised for it: 

Job 40
1 And the LORD answered Job and said,
2 Shall a reprover contend with the Almighty? He who reproves God, let him answer it.

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Well Said! 1
  • Thanks 1

• Followers:  37
  • Topic Count:  540
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  32,918
  • Content Per Day:  5.04
  • Days Won:  231
  • Birthday:  02/23/1953

Since God knows our hearts and minds why do you have to be somewhere soundproofed ? My head is soundproofed enough for me to have long conversations with God at any time 

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Well Said! 1

• Followers:  30
  • Topic Count:  267
  • Topics Per Day:  0.07
  • Content Count:  13,225
  • Content Per Day:  3.49
  • Days Won:  12
  • Birthday:  10/06/1947

I`ve heard the `frustration` is actually wanting our thing in our time and not God`s timing. 

I also find the being realistic that this world is damaged and thus things &/or people are not going to be as I would want. Thus, I`m learning to be humble and wait God`s timing.

And many times we need to get to the end of ourselves, our human strength to realize that only God can do .......

• Thumbs Up 1

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  67
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  2,229
  • Content Per Day:  1.36
  • Birthday:  03/25/1961

3 hours ago, Starise said:

I was recently talking with some friends. We were on the subject of being frustrated about things sometimes. One of them mentioned they didn't feel comfortable taking that to God.

We all go through these very human experiences and sometimes it seems we hold back how we really feel, even to God. I mean, He already knows regardless.

Does anyone else have times when they get frustrated and vent to God? I have had some interesting discussions with him in my car when noone else is in it. The only other place I would feel comfortable doing that is in the deep woods or a solitary bathroom with good soundproofing. Usually for me, it's in the car.

He Starise disrespectful? Na.. what can I say that He has never heard before? That being said what I love is how He treats it as if it was the 1st time. But.. yeah Hes God.. I know He can take it. 

• Followers:  65
  • Topic Count:  105
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  3,568
  • Content Per Day:  1.38
  • Days Won:  7

7 hours ago, Starise said:

I remember when my mom passed away, someone took the time to share with me that there may come a time when I do feel hurt or anger. The person told me it is okay to feel this and even tell God about it. 

I think of Psalms. The writer often poured our his heart cries to God.

Having said this, I think it's okay to let Him know what we are feeling. Remembering too, to come to Him and thank Him for our blessings. 

• Thumbs Up 1

• Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  13
  • Content Count:  3,024
  • Content Per Day:  1.32
  • Days Won:  3

7 hours ago, Starise said:

My wife's real experience back in the late 70's:

She had three children, all under the age of 8. Her husband was dying of leukemia and they had no life insurance. They had recently cancelled it because it was $23 a month and they were young and healthy and really needed the money. After the last visit before he died she was driving away from the hospital and was so mad at God she pulled over to the side of the road and started yelling at God and banging her fists on the steering wheel and dashboard. 

Suddenly, from the back seat was a clear, audible and calm voice that simply said, "Be at peace, child". She felt like warm water washed over her body and she was completely calm. She put the car in gear and drove home. 

I think God gets it.

• Loved it! 4