I feel something is missing in my Christian life

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  85
  • Topics Per Day:  0.06
  • Content Count:  176
  • Content Per Day:  0.12
  • Days Won:  0

I am a Christian, and I have done things that most would have not done, and that most would have called crazy, and said I went to far but I did them for God. For example I walked in sandals with no socks in winter for 6 miles
Picking up garbage on the side of the road, and filled up garbage bags full of garbadge because I felt that’s what God wanted me to do. I walked around to parking lots where people were, and to houses, a gave almost all of my things to random people, because I felt God wanted me to give to others wethor it left me dry or not to prove myself to God. I also realize God was telling me I didn’t HAVE TO DO ANY OF THESE THINGS, but the point is that I WANTED TO to show him I am and always will be his loyal servant to the loving father almighty, and that I love him with all my heart. I’m not boasting though in any way just to be clear, the reason I’m mentioning these things is because I’ve done them things, I’ve over came many drug addictions, I overcame being an alcoholic, I am working on stopping smoking cigarettes because I started smoking again but stopped vaping. I have dedicated my life to God, and no I don’t expect anything in return except to feel that I am an accomplished Christian that has pleased God, and to feel full when I wake up, full spiritually is what I mean, but when I wake and through the day I feel somewhat empty  spiritually like something’s missing, and I can’t figure out what I need to do. I read Bible verses all the time and religious books, I watch religious videos on YouTube, and preachers preach on YouTube, and good ones too not false teachers. So I don’t know what’s missing, I think it may be Jesus, I have accepted him as savior and, the son of God who died on the cross to save everybody in a specific way he did. I believe he was resureccted by his father 3 days later and that he did all of the things the Bible says he did, and I believe he’s lord under his father God the Almighty but I feel like there’s something holding me back from fully putting my trust in Jesus, and fully accepting him, and I know that Jesus knows that. I just need some good suggestions on what to do and please try hard with your answers because this is probably one of the most important questions I’ve needed an answer for out of all my posts because I keep trying and trying, and still feel as a Christian that something is missing in my life spiritually.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  43
  • Topics Per Day:  0.10
  • Content Count:  3,349
  • Content Per Day:  7.92
  • Days Won:  1

Do you know exactly what you are looking for so that you will know it when you find it?

This not a simple question, it takes a great deal of introspection.

Are you seeking scriptural guidance or are you seeking practical guidance, the kind of guidance that is more advice than scripture, the kind of guidance that you can use and do immediately without interpreting it?

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  10
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  3,035
  • Content Per Day:  3.33

59 minutes ago, faithfull-prophet4040 said:

I am a Christian, and I have done things that most would have not done, and that most would have called crazy, and said I went to far but I did them for God. For example I walked in sandals with no socks in winter for 6 miles
Picking up garbage on the side of the road, and filled up garbage bags full of garbadge because I felt that’s what God wanted me to do. I walked around to parking lots where people were, and to houses, a gave almost all of my things to random people, because I felt God wanted me to give to others wethor it left me dry or not to prove myself to God. I also realize God was telling me I didn’t HAVE TO DO ANY OF THESE THINGS, but the point is that I WANTED TO to show him I am and always will be his loyal servant to the loving father almighty, and that I love him with all my heart. I’m not boasting though in any way just to be clear, the reason I’m mentioning these things is because I’ve done them things, I’ve over came many drug addictions, I overcame being an alcoholic, I am working on stopping smoking cigarettes because I started smoking again but stopped vaping. I have dedicated my life to God, and no I don’t expect anything in return except to feel that I am an accomplished Christian that has pleased God, and to feel full when I wake up, full spiritually is what I mean, but when I wake and through the day I feel somewhat empty  spiritually like something’s missing, and I can’t figure out what I need to do. I read Bible verses all the time and religious books, I watch religious videos on YouTube, and preachers preach on YouTube, and good ones too not false teachers. So I don’t know what’s missing, I think it may be Jesus, I have accepted him as savior and, the son of God who died on the cross to save everybody in a specific way he did. I believe he was resureccted by his father 3 days later and that he did all of the things the Bible says he did, and I believe he’s lord under his father God the Almighty but I feel like there’s something holding me back from fully putting my trust in Jesus, and fully accepting him, and I know that Jesus knows that. I just need some good suggestions on what to do and please try hard with your answers because this is probably one of the most important questions I’ve needed an answer for out of all my posts because I keep trying and trying, and still feel as a Christian that something is missing in my life spiritually.

Probably, like I did, you are so thankful to be saved that you want to repay God. Adam and Eve tried this as well. A garment is one WORKS (Rev.19:7-8). They made garments of FIG-LEAVES - works of their own making and by themselves declaring them to be Law. But when God appeared on the scene, Adam admitted that he was naked - even though he had his fig-leaves. Try to forget the works and start eating from the Tree of Life. Read a Chapter of the Bible a day - out loud and the works will come automatically. If you serve without the Word you will just be Martha - grumpy.

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Well Said! 1

• Topic Count:  7
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  431
  • Content Per Day:  0.28
  • Birthday:  08/31/1950

well spoken

• This is Worthy 1

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  66
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  1,091
  • Content Per Day:  0.35
  • Birthday:  05/25/1970

Have you received the baptism of the Holy Spirit? Even if you have I got that too, but then I backslid when they put me on medical drugs and I came back and quit that, but used nicotin for years. I replaced the peace and comfort of the Holy Spirit with nicotin.

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Thanks 1

• Topic Count:  7
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  431
  • Content Per Day:  0.28
  • Birthday:  08/31/1950

5 minutes ago, Marilyn C said:

Hi faithful,

YOU are the problem, (same for all of us) we want to DO things to show God........

You say God wanted you to do......then you say God was telling you that you didn`t have to do them.......

You are NOT hearing God. You are hearing your own insecurities.

I strongly suggest you don`t DO anything but concentrate on the Lord and His character from God`s word .

Focus on HIM and NOT YOURSELF. 

my coment was directed at you,oops

• Thumbs Up 1

• Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  65
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  2,216
  • Content Per Day:  1.36
  • Birthday:  03/25/1961

Luke 11:13

• Brilliant! 1

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  29
  • Topic Count:  598
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  56,127
  • Content Per Day:  7.56
  • Days Won:  271

3 hours ago, faithfull-prophet4040 said:

still feel as a Christian that something is missing in my life spiritually.

What Marilyn C said.

• Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  54
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  2,428
  • Content Per Day:  0.88

I would say, that you have to recognize that as long as we live in this world with the flesh, and the devil around to tempt and seduce. Each individual would go through his own trials, troubles and situations, but the word must be your companion all the time to stand firm as to the truths by which you must abide.   

What does the word say, to watch out, for the devil seeks whom he may destroy 1Peter 5:8. Next, you must put on the full armor of Gof Ephesian 6:10.   The devil wants you back into the world to live under his dominion and you to doubt your salvation.

So, you have to help yourself, be employed and determined to live Godly, the Lord would not leave you, he promised that. Determine to stay the course, you have to fight the good fight of faith .   As you get yourself cleaned up, determine not to go back into darkness, but stay with the word and if you can find good community and fellowship in your town it will give you strength.  You may not always find perfect fellowship, but don't give in to the lies of the enemy. Fear God and you will stay in the right pathways. Call upon the Lord to keep you in your walk, don't refrain.

All that you have written, seems to be you have a good understanding of  how you are to live, but understand , it is your heart that the Lord wants to fellowship . Surrender to him.

Proverbs 23:26

My son, give me your heart,
And let your eyes observe my ways.

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Well Said! 1