IGNORED

This is hard for me to share....I know most will view me as an oddball, but here goes.....

Jayne

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  13
  • Topic Count:  279
  • Topics Per Day:  0.21
  • Content Count:  13,126
  • Content Per Day:  9.65
  • Days Won:  149

When the Spirit works sometimes tears flow. For me, in the past, things accumulated. I might not be aware they are even there in thinking I moved past it. Then that switch flips and those tears come. Not sure about you. I can tell you have a burden for the lost. I share that with you.

There are two sides to this I had to come to grips with myself. Am I trying to save them from something or am I trying to point them to God? Running from something is probably not the correct motive, as they are only looking to keep from being punished. I admit that has many times been my motive, but then it seems horrible to say, " God will burn me if I don't shape up". Part of that is my own skewed concept of God. First I needed to shape my own concept of who God is before I could minister properly. Neither do I think not admitting the consequeces are not important, they are.

Many people we minister to now have so many layers between them and God. It takes time and patience to get that all sorted with some people. God did A and B, therefore God is evil. Those discussions require a lot to get over the hump. Is God love? God loves. Does God judge? Yes He does. Evasion won't work, the stuff is in there, and yet He sent His own Son to die for us.

Different people are at different places and it sometimes takes trime to know where they are and why. We can't save them, only God can do that. God surely DOES do that. I never stopped believing in the power of God. Me, not so much, but yes we can and should pray I think. Don't give up sister. I want to encourage you. Prayer is a powerful thing.

• Thumbs Up 3

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  5
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  614
  • Content Per Day:  0.70
  • Days Won:  0

2 hours ago, Jayne said:

Are we saved?

Are our loved ones saved?

Does anyone give a hoot?

Are we saved...if He saved us we are...as for our loved ones, if your like me...some are...does anyone give a hoot? Well by the way the Spirit led the responses to you here...you can rest assured that He does...your being cared for by some folks here.

2 hours ago, Jayne said:

And yes, I am witnessing as best I can to people.  I just don't believe we have a long time left.  If I am dead wrong - I'll gladly admit it.

But the pull of urgency is very strong in me.

I approach "witnessing" to others as a greater appearing of the Lord in and through me. As I grow and mature spiritually in the house of my Father...I am convinced that my lifestyle should speak as loud as my words...if not louder.

We (humans) cannot pull the orphans and slaves out of darkness...however we can reveal the ever increasing light of the Lord Yahshua within...and explain it as necessary...when necessary...its a lifestyle more so than an occupation if you will.

I affirm the pull of urgency Jayne...100%...in fact I call todays Gospel of the Kingdom of God..."the urgent Gospel"...as I said before...the sons of God are growing up...spiritual maturity was always the Fathers desire.

Be strong in His might Sister Jayne.

Tatwo...:) 

• Thumbs Up 3

• Followers:  14
  • Topic Count:  32
  • Content Count:  5,269
  • Content Per Day:  0.97
  • Days Won:  1

3 hours ago, Jayne said:

I am burdened for the lost people I know.  And the urgency just gets stronger.

And yes, I am witnessing as best I can to people.

According to my bible, Jayne, how you have shared your feelings should be the norm.

"He who continually goes forth weeping,

Bearing seed for sowing,

Shall doubtless come again with rejoicing,

Bringing his sheaves with him"
                                         Psalm 126:6

As it is written, “How beautiful are the feet of those who preach the good news!”
                                                  Romans 10:15

"He that winneth souls is wise"

"And let us not neglect our meeting together, as some people do,

but encourage one another,

especially now that the day of his return is drawing near"

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Praise God! 1

• Followers:  30
  • Topic Count:  269
  • Topics Per Day:  0.07
  • Content Count:  13,245
  • Content Per Day:  3.49
  • Days Won:  12
  • Birthday:  10/06/1947

9 hours ago, Jayne said:

I've been having a lot of crying spells lately.  Mainly since the new year.  When I pray, when I read the Bible, when a sad TV show comes on, in church [primarily during hymn singing or altar call], and I find it embarrassing.

For example, we put a man [a member's son] on the church prayer list who had terminal cancer and we, unfortunately, found out apparently when it was in the last stages.  He and I went to school together 45 years ago and I haven't seen him since.  At the announcement that he was on the prayer list, I was BURDENED about his eternal soul.  I began praying for his healing and his salvation.  He may have BEEN saved since the last time I saw him - I don't know.

In the next two weeks, our pastor announced at the end of the service that he had passed away and to pray for the family.  I burst into tears and so the crying spell started.  

I said this to say THIS......and if you think me insane, I won't argue.  Just don't be hateful.

I've spoken to my counselor about this and I have a doctor's app't in May and will talk to her about this these crying spells.  

However, I have been PARTIALLY convinced that I am burdened because there is not a lot of time left.

I know everyone believes differently about end times and that's one reason that I stay AWAY from any end time threads on ANY forum I am on. Everyone just argues and argues and it's a hot mess of confusion.

And I am NOT saying that I KNOW when the return of Christ is.  I would label my own self as insane if I professed this.  It may be today - it may be a long time from now.

I just can't stop this feeling of  - not doom, not gloom, not apprehension, not dread , those are from the devil - but of a sense of URGENCY that we may or may not see another Easter.

Are we saved?

Does anyone give a hoot?  I have been praying for the past two days that God would move in the churches that have Godly men behind the pulpit and that he would SAVE people today.  At my church, God did!  A young 5th grade boy. His dad came with him to the altar call.

I know this is just all inside of me and it's mine to bear - and I more than likely should not have said anything.

And yes, I am witnessing as best I can to people.  I just don't believe we have a long time left.  If I am dead wrong - I'll gladly admit it.

Hi Jayne,

I have always thought you are a very caring person, and this shows that. To cry as you do shows that you feel deeply and care deeply. My husband thought you could turn that into intercessory prayer.

And I thought you could also balance it with what God is doing. Amid all the judgments throughout the tribulation God`s hand of mercy is continually outstretched. Untold millions come to God and repent.

`...a great multitude that no one could number, of all the nations.....These are the ones who come out of the great tribulation...` (Rev. 7: 9 & 14)

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Well Said! 1

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  68
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  2,235
  • Content Per Day:  1.35
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  03/25/1961

22 hours ago, Jayne said:

I've been having a lot of crying spells lately.  Mainly since the new year.  When I pray, when I read the Bible, when a sad TV show comes on, in church [primarily during hymn singing or altar call], and I find it embarrassing.

For example, we put a man [a member's son] on the church prayer list who had terminal cancer and we, unfortunately, found out apparently when it was in the last stages.  He and I went to school together 45 years ago and I haven't seen him since.  At the announcement that he was on the prayer list, I was BURDENED about his eternal soul.  I began praying for his healing and his salvation.  He may have BEEN saved since the last time I saw him - I don't know.

In the next two weeks, our pastor announced at the end of the service that he had passed away and to pray for the family.  I burst into tears and so the crying spell started.  

I said this to say THIS......and if you think me insane, I won't argue.  Just don't be hateful.

I've spoken to my counselor about this and I have a doctor's app't in May and will talk to her about this these crying spells.  

However, I have been PARTIALLY convinced that I am burdened because there is not a lot of time left.

I know everyone believes differently about end times and that's one reason that I stay AWAY from any end time threads on ANY forum I am on. Everyone just argues and argues and it's a hot mess of confusion.

And I am NOT saying that I KNOW when the return of Christ is.  I would label my own self as insane if I professed this.  It may be today - it may be a long time from now.

I just can't stop this feeling of  - not doom, not gloom, not apprehension, not dread , those are from the devil - but of a sense of URGENCY that we may or may not see another Easter.

Are we saved?

Does anyone give a hoot?  I have been praying for the past two days that God would move in the churches that have Godly men behind the pulpit and that he would SAVE people today.  At my church, God did!  A young 5th grade boy. His dad came with him to the altar call.

I know this is just all inside of me and it's mine to bear - and I more than likely should not have said anything.

I remember years ago went to see this preacher who would always say "they are normal he is wired" until one day the lord corrected him said "no your normal they are wired".  Now even though I am a man I fully 100% understand what your saying. Also the part about someone passing away. At 15+ I went to this bible study for a long time. One night ever time I thought of the grandmother that also ran that bible study who prayed 4 hour a day. Every time I thought about her I could not stop crying. I called her about it and she was very very quite that was odd. Just after that she went home.

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Praise God! 1

• Followers:  14
  • Topic Count:  32
  • Content Count:  5,269
  • Content Per Day:  0.97
  • Days Won:  1

23 hours ago, Jayne said:

Have you no wish for others to be saved?
            Then you're not saved yourself, be sure of that!

Charles H. Spurgeon

The urgency you express to share the good news, Jayne,
     is what everyone that's saved ought to feel.
   Beautiful feet are those that actually get up and travel
     to those that need the light. God knows your heart.
               Keep sowing that seed, sister...
      You're not insane! It's the fruit of your heart's desire to share.
                 The tears bear witness.

• Praise God! 1

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  16
  • Topic Count:  108
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  3,827
  • Content Per Day:  1.29
  • Days Won:  2

I thank everyone who has responded.

Let me clarify a bit.

I am 62 years old.  Was saved as an older child.  Have read the Bible for about 40 years.  Been teaching it about 30.  To kindergarteners in the summers at VBS, to 6th graders in the few years I was in a Christian school, to my peers at church in Sunday School, and to 75-90 year old women in Sunday School [they are all gone now].

I taught a community Bible study for about five years until Covid shut it all down.  And I guest speak at women's groups whenever asked.

Do I know it all?  NO!!!

Do I love Bible study?  Oh, yes!

It's evident that some of you are not on the same page as me as to where we are on God's time table.

And I am alright with that. Truly.  This post was not to debate that.

I just have something inside me that's relatively NEW and while not depressing, as I said it's causing a sense of urgency.

In my Sunday School class, ALL of us have family members who are not saved.  In fact, one lady has a drug addict brother who has told her, "Do NOT pray for me anymore!!"  Another has an aunt who is a staunch atheist and is militant about it.  Another has a son and grandson with families that never go to church and do not care to hear about the Lord.  There's more.  I can tell they suffer over this.

We just made a class-wide list of those we are burdened over and we will use this prayer list in the privacy of our homes.  

Either time is short or it isn't.

As I said, I can't prove either way.

There is just something - something in me that's perhaps is just for me.  Pray for me that God will make his will for my life apparent.

• Praying! 2

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  8
  • Topic Count:  26
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  6,633
  • Content Per Day:  12.17
  • Days Won:  31

1 hour ago, Jayne said:

I thank everyone who has responded.

Let me clarify a bit.

I am 62 years old.  Was saved as an older child.  Have read the Bible for about 40 years.  Been teaching it about 30.  To kindergarteners in the summers at VBS, to 6th graders in the few years I was in a Christian school, to my peers at church in Sunday School, and to 75-90 year old women in Sunday School [they are all gone now].

I taught a community Bible study for about five years until Covid shut it all down.  And I guest speak at women's groups whenever asked.

Do I know it all?  NO!!!

Do I love Bible study?  Oh, yes!

It's evident that some of you are not on the same page as me as to where we are on God's time table.

And I am alright with that. Truly.  This post was not to debate that.

I just have something inside me that's relatively NEW and while not depressing, as I said it's causing a sense of urgency.

In my Sunday School class, ALL of us have family members who are not saved.  In fact, one lady has a drug addict brother who has told her, "Do NOT pray for me anymore!!"  Another has an aunt who is a staunch atheist and is militant about it.  Another has a son and grandson with families that never go to church and do not care to hear about the Lord.  There's more.  I can tell they suffer over this.

We just made a class-wide list of those we are burdened over and we will use this prayer list in the privacy of our homes.  

As I said, I can't prove either way.

There is just something - something in me that's perhaps is just for me.  Pray for me that God will make his will for my life apparent.

@Jayne I am reminded of the words of Anne Steele in the 18th century:

'O may these heavenly pages be
My ever dear delight.
And still new beauties may I see,
And still increasing light.

Divine Instructor, gracious Lord,
Be Thou forever near:
Teach me to love Thy sacred word
And view my Savior there.' (Anne Steele, 18th century)

• Thumbs Up 1

• Followers:  13
  • Topic Count:  279
  • Topics Per Day:  0.21
  • Content Count:  13,126
  • Content Per Day:  9.65
  • Days Won:  149

On 4/1/2024 at 1:48 PM, Jayne said:

I feel for you sister. I get the same vibes. I wanted to comment on this. Time will be different for everyone so far as their end which can come at any time. " Time" as in the end which I see really as a new beginning is bittersweet for me because I know so many people are not yet ready as you mentioned. 

Even if the Lord holds off awhile, there are those who will die tomorrow. That's wnat makes it real for me.

• Thumbs Up 2