IGNORED

Understanding the Enemy!

George

Luke 11:20-22 But if I with the finger of God cast out devils, no doubt the kingdom of God is come upon you. When a strong man armed keepeth his palace, his goods are in peace: But when a stronger than he shall come upon him, and overcome him, he taketh from him all his armour wherein he trusted, and divideth his spoils.

I find this passage very sobering.Just as Jesus said judge not lest ye be judged. Jesus was as a strong man. But Jesus was come upon as well and his armour was taken from him and they cast lots for his garment.Jesus seemed to have alot of what he said come back to him in the great ordeal of his "capture and crucifixion". Peace Outlaw

• 5 months later...
Guest Classy

Satan may wish to use words to bind us, but whether these words are on message boards, on blogs, in chat rooms, study groups,

churches, schools, or homes or any place else, WE DO have a weapon against him. That weapon is the Word of God.

In Psalm 119:11, the author says, " Thy word have I hid in mine heart, that I might not sin against thee." He continues in

Psalm 119:57 "Thou art my portion, O lord: I have said that I would keep thy words.",

Psalm 119:110 "The wicked have laid a snare for me: yet I erred not from thy precepts.", and

Psalm 119:115 "Depart from me, ye evildoers: for I will keep the commandments of my God."

We can hide God's Word in our hearts today and we can draw strength from them to help us against Satan because he can't win against what's written on our hearts.

• 8 years later...
  • Steward

• Group:  Steward
  • Followers:  110
  • Topic Count:  10,460
  • Topics Per Day:  1.26
  • Content Count:  27,739
  • Content Per Day:  3.34
  • Days Won:  126
  • Birthday:  09/21/1971

Bringing this tread back from the dead!  :)

• Thumbs Up 1

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  34
  • Topic Count:  1,989
  • Topics Per Day:  0.49
  • Content Count:  48,687
  • Content Per Day:  11.89
  • Days Won:  226

Awareness of spiritual battles is important.We need the right weapons 2 Corinthians 10:3-5.The best weapon is scripture Ephesians 6:17.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  18
  • Topic Count:  8
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  7,777
  • Content Per Day:  2.42
  • Days Won:  3

I have been wrestling with unforgivness and the fear of what if I don't quite forgive and been tormented by it.

Lately I realize that all people have unforgivness and live with it and die with it.

Something will happen in our life to cause unfairness, injustice an Offences, imbarasment,hurt, pain ....Whether it is justifiable or is a product of our sensitivity or perhaps both.

I use to harryup and forgive out of fear of what will happen to me if I don't forgive and or out of desire to be obedient to Jesus

Not so fast , I will be carefull with the need to make things right (and or revenge) .

I wont again allow my selfe to be manipulated that I m going to hell as a believer in Jesus being under his blood and having his rightness that comes only by faith.

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  8
  • Topic Count:  9
  • Content Count:  481
  • Content Per Day:  0.15
  • Days Won:  2
  • Birthday:  05/08/1959

I just discovered this topic first posted in 2003. I wish I had found it earlier. I'll be reviewing this until I've covered everything brought forward here.

Thanks George.

I'm going to take anothe side road to address an issue that is often never talked about.

Spiritual Pride

The enemy loves to fill us with pride. Pride is the one sin that is often neglected when discussing how the enemy binds us up! Proverbs discusses the dangers of pride in a very real manner.

Proverbs 16:18  Pride goeth before destruction, and an haughty spirit before a fall.

The enemy wants to destroy you, and your testimony. So he loves to use your zeal for the Lord and to place a root of pride from within so that he can bring forth destruction upon you. Remember that he wants to rob, kill, and destroy!

What kind of thoughts does the enemy use? "Oh you are so much smarter than he is!" "Oh you are so holy -- look at the way those Christians live!" "Oh you are so spiritual -- you really have the anointing!" "You don't need to learn from another person!"

Then there's the thoughts the enemy uses that starts cults? "Oh you are special and I have giving you special knowledge and I have chosen you for a special assignment!" This is not to say that if you have this kind of thought, that it's not from the Spirit of God, but you also have to recognize that this is the exact same kinds of thoughts the enemy would also use to lead someone astray. Remember that you are commanded by the Spirit of God to TEST ALL THINGS!

1 John 4:1  Beloved, do not believe every spirit, but test the spirits, whether they are from God; for many false prophets have gone forth into the world.  (Literal Translation)

To fend off spiritual pride -- remember to always compare yourself with God's holiness and His righteousness! DON'T compare yourselves with another person!

2 Cor. 10:12  For we dare not make ourselves of the number, or compare ourselves with some that commend themselves: but they measuring themselves by themselves, and comparing themselves among themselves, are not wise.

Be as Isaiah was -- a true prophet of the Lord and what happened when he was in the presence of God!

Isaiah 6:5  Then said I, Woe is me! for I am undone; because I am a man of unclean lips, and I dwell in the midst of a people of unclean lips: for mine eyes have seen the King, the LORD of hosts.

The enemy wants to puff you up! Recognize the difference between the Spirit of God and the false spirits. The Spirit of God will push you to be more humble, whereas the enemy wants to puff you up!

Isaiah 57:15  For thus saith the high and lofty One that inhabiteth eternity, whose name is Holy; I dwell in the high and holy place, with him also that is of a contrite and humble spirit, to revive the spirit of the humble, and to revive the heart of the contrite ones.

1Pe 5:5  Likewise, ye younger, submit yourselves unto the elder. Yea, all of you be subject one to another, and be clothed with humility: for God resisteth the proud, and giveth grace to the humble.

Recognize the tactics of the enemy -- clothe yourselves in humility! Oh the Lord wants to do great things in your life -- but to do them he needs a vessel that is HUMBLE!

Your brother in Messiah with much agape love,

George

This is outstanding realization. I wonder how seriously we ask ourselves these questions from time to time. I wonder. But then I realize I know the answer: Never very seriously at all. Or if we are seeking seriously, it's always proportionate to our current "understanding" of what pride really is... which almost always very short of the reality.

Pride is maybe the NUMBER ONE BIG GUN the enEmy uses against us...ALL of us. With exception of maybe Fresno Joe, lol. And I'll betcha that even if you were to ask him, he'd tell you what a struggle he's had with pride (seriously).

Pride is our biggest downfall. There have been three major times in my life when I thought I had been purged of pride, only for each additional lesson that God brought my way to prove that I was not only wrong, but that I was still FULL of pride. I tell you, people... Getting a glimpse of someone that is void of pride? It's a very, very rare sight. I'm 56 years old and I had not been blessed with a glimpse of such a being...until a month ago. Just MEETING someone void of pride, truly void, will change the life of ANYONE, including us, personally.

We should all seek God in this regard.

• Thumbs Up 1

Isolationism

Oh the enemy loves to divide and conquer. He goes about binding up individuals separately so that he can break up the body. Have you ever wondered why so many churches split? How so many congregations are empty that were once alive?

This is exactly why Paul admonished the Corinthian church. Watch what was happening behind the scenes.

1 Corinthians 2:3-4  For ye are yet carnal: for whereas there is among you envying, and strife, and divisions, are ye not carnal, and walk as men?  For while one saith, I am of Paul; and another, I am of Apollos; are ye not carnal?

Modern day translation -- Some say you are baptists, some say you are methodists, some say you are prebyterians, some say you are pentacostals!

Why is there so many denominations and so many divisions? Because of pride, but it's the enemy's way of dividing the body! He cannot divide the body unless he first binds up individuals!

This is an illustration of how the enemy thinks -- "Aren't you concerned about letting him see truth?" says one demon to Satan. Satan say, "No, I am not concerned that he grabs a piece of truth -- I'll let him have that piece of truth -- now let's see if we can make a religion out of it!"

The enemy loves being in church -- and you are wondering why I say that!

Let's look at the churches in Revelations --

Symrna -- Revelation 2:9  ... but are the synagogue of Satan.
Pergamos -- Revelation 2:13-14  ... where Satan�s seat is: ...where Satan dwelleth. ... doctrine of Balaam
Thytira -- Revelation 2:20 ...Jezebel, which calleth herself a prophetess, to teach and to seduce my servants to commit fornication, and to eat things sacrificed unto idols.
Philadelphia -- Revelation 3:9  ... synagogue of Satan

The enemy loves to infiltrate the church -- infiiltrate the body! The enemy loves to fill the body with spirits of religion!

2 Cor 11:4  For if he that cometh preacheth another Jesus, whom we have not preached, or if ye receive another spirit, which ye have not received, or another gospel, which ye have not accepted, ye might well bear with him.

2 Cor 11:13-15  For such are false apostles, deceitful workers, transforming themselves into the apostles of Christ.  And no marvel; for Satan himself is transformed into an angel of light.  Therefore it is no great thing if his ministers also be transformed as the ministers of righteousness; whose end shall be according to their works.

So now you know how the enemy loves to turn truths into religions!

I'll continue to this thought in the next post -- how does this work to attack us individually?

George

OVER 33,000 different religions and denominations: Successful tactics today? You better believe it.

Sooooo... Is this going on right here? Right now? Is the enEmy using those tactics even right here where I am this very minute?

You better believe it. Anytime it's "my way or the highway", the enEmy is present. We'd do well to recognize that. It's only when we KNOW something to be broken, that we make an effort to "". ~ Amen...

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  23
  • Topic Count:  155
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  7,464
  • Content Per Day:  1.02
  • Days Won:  57
  • Birthday:  12/12/1952

Wow George what an awesome post and so much insight.  I learned a lesson a long time ago and every time I find myself with my back up against  the wall I try and remember this.

The enemy only has as much power as we allow him to have.  Like Jesus do not hold a conversation with him.  Use the word of God, he cannot stand up against that. And I keep reminding myself that when Jesus walked out of the grave, that while we may have battles we will face in this life, God has already won the war for us.

Because He Lives!!

RustyAngeL

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  56
  • Topic Count:  1,664
  • Topics Per Day:  0.20
  • Content Count:  19,763
  • Content Per Day:  2.39
  • Days Won:  28

Isolationism

Oh the enemy loves to divide and conquer. He goes about binding up individuals separately so that he can break up the body. Have you ever wondered why so many churches split? How so many congregations are empty that were once alive?

This is exactly why Paul admonished the Corinthian church. Watch what was happening behind the scenes.

1 Corinthians 2:3-4  For ye are yet carnal: for whereas there is among you envying, and strife, and divisions, are ye not carnal, and walk as men?  For while one saith, I am of Paul; and another, I am of Apollos; are ye not carnal?

Modern day translation -- Some say you are baptists, some say you are methodists, some say you are prebyterians, some say you are pentacostals!

Why is there so many denominations and so many divisions? Because of pride, but it's the enemy's way of dividing the body! He cannot divide the body unless he first binds up individuals!

This is an illustration of how the enemy thinks -- "Aren't you concerned about letting him see truth?" says one demon to Satan. Satan say, "No, I am not concerned that he grabs a piece of truth -- I'll let him have that piece of truth -- now let's see if we can make a religion out of it!"

The enemy loves being in church -- and you are wondering why I say that!

Let's look at the churches in Revelations --

Symrna -- Revelation 2:9  ... but are the synagogue of Satan.

Pergamos -- Revelation 2:13-14  ... where Satan�s seat is: ...where Satan dwelleth. ... doctrine of Balaam

Thytira -- Revelation 2:20 ...Jezebel, which calleth herself a prophetess, to teach and to seduce my servants to commit fornication, and to eat things sacrificed unto idols.

Philadelphia -- Revelation 3:9  ... synagogue of Satan

The enemy loves to infiltrate the church -- infiiltrate the body! The enemy loves to fill the body with spirits of religion!

2 Cor 11:4  For if he that cometh preacheth another Jesus, whom we have not preached, or if ye receive another spirit, which ye have not received, or another gospel, which ye have not accepted, ye might well bear with him.

2 Cor 11:13-15  For such are false apostles, deceitful workers, transforming themselves into the apostles of Christ.  And no marvel; for Satan himself is transformed into an angel of light.  Therefore it is no great thing if his ministers also be transformed as the ministers of righteousness; whose end shall be according to their works.

So now you know how the enemy loves to turn truths into religions!

I'll continue to this thought in the next post -- how does this work to attack us individually?

George

OVER 33,000 different religions and denominations: Successful tactics today? You better believe it.

Sooooo... Is this going on right here? Right now? Is the enEmy using those tactics even right here where I am this very minute?

You better believe it. Anytime it's "my way or the highway", the enEmy is present. We'd do well to recognize that. It's only when we KNOW something to be broken, that we make an effort to "". ~ Amen...

Why do you write enemy..enEmy? Just wondering...