• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  22
  • Topic Count:  1,294
  • Topics Per Day:  0.21
  • Content Count:  31,762
  • Content Per Day:  5.26
  • Days Won:  115

1 minute ago, simplejeff said:

How long has it been since Thessalonians was written ?   The truth doesn't change with time,  and we are always looking for the truth, no matter how recent or how long ago. 

There were some software/ server glitches (some posts repeated 4 times/ etc) and I can't read nor post in the other thread as a result.

The member I quoted was right , good and true, re his post,  according to Scripture.  Current posters are not all doing so well, btw.

I know you understand what I am saying about resurrecting old threads.   You're not new here. 

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Group:  Mars Hill
  • Followers:  12
  • Topic Count:  12
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  7,689
  • Content Per Day:  2.41
  • Days Won:  20

Just now, OneLight said:

I know you understand what I am saying about resurrecting old threads.   You're not new here. 

Then you also should have read the wide support there was for doing so when I did some old threads in the past - it is a good thing to do when seeking for TRUTH.  Only a few members thought it strange or, whatever,  for reasons of their own (why would anyone object to the truth, no matter how old it is ) ?   Especially if or when there is a paucity of truth at the time ?   Remember the WORD IN SCRIPTURE _  it is good to remind again and again , and no trouble to bring it up again and again, as A SAFEGUARD .....   keep repeating the TRUTH,  not errors,  and going back to the TRUTH, not to new errors ....

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  56
  • Topic Count:  1,664
  • Topics Per Day:  0.20
  • Content Count:  19,763
  • Content Per Day:  2.39
  • Days Won:  28

2 hours ago, simplejeff said:

Do you have more information about this ? : "From what I understand,the Rapture or The Any Moment doctrine/theory was started in 1830 by 2 preachers that were with a sick little lady named Margaret McDonald. She felt her dream was evil. The 2 preachers took it and ran with it,trying to use 1 Thess 4 for documentation. Which makes no sense because of the subject in vs.13. "

(note old thread exposing false doctrine that still is going on)

note old thread exposing false doctrine that still is going on)

Can you please respect other people's opinion?

Let people please have their own opinion about the rapture ?

They don't need you to condemn it over and over and over and over.. 

Are there not enough rapture threads to bring this one up again?

42 minutes ago, simplejeff said:

Then you also should have read the wide support there was for doing so when I did some old threads in the past - it is a good thing to do when seeking for TRUTH.  Only a few members thought it strange or, whatever,  for reasons of their own (why would anyone object to the truth, no matter how old it is ) ?   Especially if or when there is a paucity of truth at the time ?   Remember the WORD IN SCRIPTURE _  it is good to remind again and again , and no trouble to bring it up again and again, as A SAFEGUARD .....   keep repeating the TRUTH,  not errors,  and going back to the TRUTH, not to new errors ....

Please stop this foolishness of you thinking you have to tell people the truth, where did you read in the Bible that you are always right? (Because you're not) all the people who not or do believe in the rapture and are born again Christians will be with the Lord  some day (When that happens doesn't matter..not important,the key is to be born again.

But avoid foolish controversies and genealogies and arguments and quarrels about the law, because these are unprofitable and useless Titus 3:9

55 minutes ago, simplejeff said:

How long has it been since Thessalonians was written ?   The truth doesn't change with time,  and we are always looking for the truth, no matter how recent or how long ago. 

There were some software/ server glitches (some posts repeated 4 times/ etc) and I can't read nor post in the other thread as a result.

The member I quoted was right , good and true, re his post,  according to Scripture.  Current posters are not all doing so well, btw.

Can you expand on this?

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  22
  • Topic Count:  1,294
  • Topics Per Day:  0.21
  • Content Count:  31,762
  • Content Per Day:  5.26
  • Days Won:  115

1 hour ago, simplejeff said:

Tell me where I said there was no truth in an old thread.  I was suggesting that if the information is important, it can be linked to.  Most of the time those in the thread are no longer here and will never answer any questions put to them. 

It is apparent it makes no difference asking you not to resurrect any old threads as I was one in the past to ask you then. 

• 4 weeks later...

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  5
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  401
  • Content Per Day:  0.18
  • Days Won:  1

On 5/15/2007 at 1:13 PM, Will Hill said:

Are we as Christians to be raptured before the tribulation? Are we to be protected then raptured at the middle. Or are we being judged too and not taken until after the whole ordeal?

Greetings in the name of the Lord Jesus Christ,

Will, the answer to your question is: None of the above. Let me explain.

Nowhere does the Holy Scriptures say that the seventieth week is the "Tribulation Period"; in fact, there is nothing said to be unparalleled in the first half of the week. Yes, a lot is happening, as Jesus says in Matt 24:4-8 and as John describes in Rev 6:1-6, but none of those events are unparalleled. Deception, conquests, wars, and famines have all taken place throughout mankind's history. It is not until the middle of the week that Jesus says great tribulation begins. Jesus references Daniel's mention of the abomination of desolation in Matt 24:15, after which He says that it signifies the beginning of great tribulation in Matt 24:21. Daniel says that the abomination that defiles the temple happens in the middle of the week (Dan 9:27). So, we see that great tribulation starts in the middle of the week (the last seven years prior to Christ's millennial kingdom).

This unparalleled great tribulation (Matt 24:21) is the same as the unparalleled time of trouble that Daniel spoke of (Dan 12:1), and for the most part it is the same as the unparalleled "Jacob's trouble" that Jeremiah mentions (Jer 30:7). This is the persecution of the elect and Israel. It is the wrath of Satan (Rev 12:12) through the Beast and the False Prophet, and their followers, upon Israel and those who have the testimony of Jesus Christ (the elect).

This unparalleled persecution will be cut short when the sun, moon, and stars go dark portending Christ's second coming. When the cosmic sign appears accompanied by a great earthquake (Rev 6:12-17, Isa 13:6-11, Matt 24:29), those who had been persecuting the elect and Israel will hide from the impending fierce wrath of God (Rev 6:12-17, Isa 2:19) to be poured out on them later the same day (Luke 17:26-30). However, when the persecuted saints see these things beginning to come to pass they will look up, and lift up their heads for their redemption draweth nigh (Luke 21:25-28).

It is at this time that the Lord Jesus Christ shall appear in the clouds with great glory accompanied by His holy angels for all the world to see (Heb 9:28; Matt 24:30; Rev 1:7; 2Thes 1:7-10). He will resurrect the dead in Christ and change those who have remained alive unto his coming (Dan 12:1-2; Rev 20:4-6; 1Cor 15:51-52). He will the direct His angels to gather His own unto Himself (Matt 24:31; Mark 13:27). The angels will then catch up the elect to be with Jesus in the clouds (1Thes 4:15-17; 2Thes 2:1). Jesus will then take us to the fathers house (John 14:3) to stand before the throne (Rev 7:9-17). All of this He does in fulfillment of His promise through Paul: "For God hath not appointed us to wrath, but to obtain salvation by our Lord Jesus Christ," (1Th 5:9).

Later that very same day, after the half hour of silence in heaven (Rev 8:1), God suddenly begins to pour out His fierce wrath upon the unbelievers who have worshiped the Beast and taken his mark (1Thes 5:2-3; Rev 8:7; Rev 14:9-10, 19-20). It was these who had been persecuting the church and Israel whom God now brings tribulation on (2Thes 1:6-10). They had been living it up while the saints suffered. They will be buying and selling, marrying and giving in marriage, eating and drinking, and planting and building right up until sudden destruction comes upon them (Luke 17:26-30; Matt 24:37-39). They are caught like a thief, but the saints were not (1Thes 5:2-5). Over the remaining portion of the last 3 1/2 years God's wrath is poured out in the trumpet and vial judgements (Rev 8, 9, 16-19)and finally with the sword of His mouth will He smite the Beast and the nations which follow him (Rev 19:11-21). In the end of the conflict Christ will cast the Beast and false prophet alive into a lake of fire (Rev 19:20).

Will, you have your answer.

All praise, honour, and glory be unto the King of Kings, and Lord of Lords, Jesus Christ.