IGNORED

What is it like to be jewish?

Guest yod

We need to be the real Jesus to them. We need to minister healing to them. We need to humble ourselves before them. We need to acknowledge the sin of our "fathers" against them

Now that I know how Idolsmasher thinks I'm going to head him off at the pass on this...

Disclaimer:

Nebula is in no way saying that the jews are the only people who christians of European descent should humble themselves to. Arabs have the same mistrust going all the way back to the Crusades and we know it, ok? Not to mention Native Americans, Africans, and Asians. While that is also true it shouldn't take away from our responsibility toward the jews.

Nebula, I know of a jewish congregation in Oklahoma that has fostered close ties to the First Nations people (Native Americans) and healing has begun to produce much fruit in that area. Do you know about the Ships of Grace that just went to Israel? They gave a trainload of food and new shoes to the Native Americans of Oklahoma also.

:il:

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  10
  • Topic Count:  5,823
  • Topics Per Day:  0.76
  • Content Count:  45,870
  • Content Per Day:  5.95
  • Days Won:  83
  • Birthday:  11/19/1970

Speaking of jewish people liking to gather and eat....Did you ever notice how Yeshua went around looking for a free meal???

:LOL:

Yod - you are just too much!!!

Disclaimer:

Nebula is in no way saying that the jews are the only people who christians of European descent should humble themselves to. Arabs have the same mistrust going all the way back to the Crusades and we know it, ok? Not to mention Native Americans, Africans, and Asians. While that is also true it shouldn't take away from our responsibility toward the jews.

You are correct - thanks!

Nebula, I know of a jewish congregation in Oklahoma that has fostered close ties to the First Nations people (Native Americans) and healing has begun to produce much fruit in that area. Do you know about the Ships of Grace that just went to Israel? They gave a trainload of food and new shoes to the Native Americans of Oklahoma also.

No, I didn't know about them. That's great though! Thanks for telling me!

• 2 weeks later...

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  56
  • Topic Count:  1,664
  • Topics Per Day:  0.20
  • Content Count:  19,764
  • Content Per Day:  2.39
  • Days Won:  28

Hey Shilo,

I hope I never offended you in any way and I don't think I did because I do love the Jewish people because they are Gods people and therefore I do love you brother. :laugh:

I'm glad you got alot of healing through everything you went through after you became a Christian, shame on the Christians and you're right they are often the most judgemental people in the world. Someday every shall confess that Jesus Christ is Lord .And every knee knee shall bow...

Just a little note to let you know that I like to invited for this nice little meal too??

for "kibbitz" (chat)around some bagels, knishes and Chicken/lentil soup. Gentile christians love to "nosh" (eat) too!! ;)

Love in our risen Savior! Angels :il:

Guest shiloh357

Angels,

You are welcome around my table anytime!!! :hug: I will save a place for you.

I have loved your posts and have always seen you as someone who loves Israel and the Jewish people.

You are a blessing, and because of that, God will bless you as he has promised all who bless Israel. :t2:

• Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  42
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  1,545
  • Content Per Day:  0.19
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  09/27/1968

Shiloh,

That is terrible and I don't know how old you are now but those school days can really impact your life. I can't imagine "christians" acting that way! I am a member of a "Bapticostal" Church, well the name says Baptist, but we are the only charismatic, spirit-filled Baptists I know, almost. Point being, our congregation is so far from that! We have members that are Jewish, I mean genetically, and members that wear prayer shawls and one member gave a complete presentation of the Passover to us one night. What a blessing! I do see that the Lord seems to be bringing the christians and Jews together, somany churches supporting Israel and wanting to learn our heritage. I am not Jewish but my name is Sabra and it means native of Israel, I have no doubt God worked that out. :D

Blessings to you, brother!

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  27
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  658
  • Content Per Day:  0.09
  • Birthday:  10/01/1965

I have tons of friends that are Jewish, and some have given their lives to Jesus Christ and have gone back to their family members to try and witness to them.

I really never understood why people are so mean when we are a little different.

I think ppl should look on the inside of us. To me that's all that counts.

I have some awesome missionary friends that live in Jerusalem, Israel.

They told me that the Jewish music I have and played while they visited are the Jewish ppl that gave their lives to Jesus Christ. Awesome!!

If Jesus teaches us to love and serve all people than we should obey Him.

Never pick and choose. I serve a risen Savior Jesus Christ my Lord, and best friend!!

Yukon :)

I have some awesome missionary friends that live in Jerusalem, Israel.

They told me that the Jewish music I have and played while they visited are the Jewish ppl that gave their lives to Jesus Christ. Awesome!!

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  13
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  478
  • Content Per Day:  0.06
  • Birthday:  08/06/1971

What a neat church, wordsower! I wish I could find one like that. I also wish I had more Jewish friends. You can learn SO much! BTW, my real first name is Hebrew too! Neat, huh?

• Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  61
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  2,065
  • Content Per Day:  0.27
  • Days Won:  1
  • Birthday:  07/03/1958

Speaking of jewish people liking to gather and eat....Did you ever notice how Yeshua went around looking for a free meal???

:LOL:

Yod - you are just too much!!!

Disclaimer:

You are correct - thanks!

No, I didn't know about them. That's great though! Thanks for telling me!

Hey Neb,

I didnt know you were an okie :) , My wife is an Okie, she is from boynton in Muskogee County.

Hi Brother Shilo,

Praise God that He was able to reach you even in those horrible circumstances. I know a little about prejudice, but not compared to those who have had to live with it their whole life.

I am origionally from Kentucky, and when we moved to Chicago, I was 5 or 6, well anyway I too was a victim of people always beating me up and making fun of my accent and my clothes. we were pretty poor at the time, and my being pencil thin.

Hence like all the other hillbillies :oww: :t2: (and I use that term affectionately) my folks were looking for a better way of life. This went on until about the 5th grade, when we moved to a better slum and know one knew of the my background, my accent was pretty much gone by then.

But through all this and loking back God built character in my life that I would have never had otherwise. And also gave me compassion for others in similiar situations.

But none of that compares to what you gone through, Praise God that you have as good of an attitude as you do. And I agree that you should keep the anti-semites in check, God also agrees, He said He will bless those who bless thee, and curse those who curse thee. He meant it then, and He means it now.

Powerful testamony my brother, may God bless you!

In Jesus

Kevin