IGNORED

Why do you believe and What has He done for you?

Guest Hello.

• Group:  Seeker
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  7
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  40
  • Content Per Day:  0.01
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  04/20/1990

Head knowledge will not change you nor save you. It is the personal relationship one has with Jesus that saves. You have to believe and accept Him as your Lord and Savior. No church can save, no bible study can save, no amount of knowledge can save. Only a personal relationship with Him as your Lord and Savior saves.

I want a personal relationship with Christ.

Have you accepted Him as your Savior?

To be honest, no, I haven't. I really haven't, and I'm ashamed.

I've let so many awful feelings and ideas cloud my thoughts, and I feel like I've become numb to the idea of letting him in.

No matter how much I read the Bible, it all boils down to me retreating into myself when I can't handle things like my family, the pressure of finding a job or, someone who'd actually respond to me.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  683
  • Topics Per Day:  0.12
  • Content Count:  11,128
  • Content Per Day:  2.01
  • Days Won:  54
  • Birthday:  12/07/1952

Head knowledge will not change you nor save you. It is the personal relationship one has with Jesus that saves. You have to believe and accept Him as your Lord and Savior. No church can save, no bible study can save, no amount of knowledge can save. Only a personal relationship with Him as your Lord and Savior saves.

I've let so many awful feelings and ideas cloud my thoughts, and I feel like I've become numb to the idea of letting him in.

No matter how much I read the Bible, it all boils down to me retreating into myself when I can't handle things like my family, the pressure of finding a job or, someone who'd actually respond to me.

Thank you for your honesty, but it really has little to do with reading your bible right now. And there is absolutely no reason to feel ashamed, because that's what the enemy wants of you. Don't give him the satisfaction.

Just talk to Jesus, no major prayers, or beating yourself up. Just talk to Him, tell Him how you feel, tell Him that you want to know Him as your God and Savior. I talk to Him often, when I am driving my car, walking in the Park where I work, and a host of other places.

Don't let people, and don't you, confuse the issue. All you have to do is ask Him into your life, ask Him to make it happen.

It's really that simple. And if you want to talk more here, be my guest, one of the mod's (including me) would be more than happy to talk to you on the Pm.

Blessings.

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  7
  • Topic Count:  126
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  436
  • Content Per Day:  0.11
  • Days Won:  13

hello,

I do believe that the soul that gives thanks can find comfort in everything, and the soul that complains can find comfort in nothing...as to with the world. Giving thanks for all the fortune if it is good because it is good and if bad it works in us patience, humility and the contempt of this world and the hope of our eternal country.

God will touch your heart and restore your courage, God is seeking to work in you and through you. You have a choice either to let God be in your life or not. Its called free will.

So many people who do not really know God have lost hope and they live on their own strength and life becomes so hard. When you sincerely turn to Him, He will never fail you.

Faith is stronger than fear.

blessings,

desi

I agree that you have to be thankful and praise. I have been in the place where absolutly nothing could satisfy me, not even God. It was because I would only see the worst. When I began to praise God no matter if things were good or bad, that is when things started to turn, and turn they did. People in my church, my friends, everyone could see what God almighty was doing. I went from a deep depression to taking myself off the meds and it was all because I chose to except what God has given me. A praise.! Now the shackles are gone and the prison door is wide open. God has already given us EVERYTHING we need. There will not be another cross. Another resurection. Another Holy Spirit. We must only except and walk in what He has ALREADY done. Now there is a hope for me, not becuase it just became, but because I just chose to have that hope. My hope is and always will be Jesus, and it causes me to praise Him no matter what. Good or bad, God is worthy to be praised. It is the key to learning to be content. Paul, and Paul and Silas. These are great examples of how to be content and walk out our salvation. Just praise God and be thankful in all things. Jesus is worthy of it!!

• Group:  Junior Member
  • Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  1
  • Content Count:  90
  • Content Per Day:  0.02

My dear friend....first of all allow me to say that God the creator and sustainer of it all does not allow any of this to happen. we live in a falling world and man kind chose to do his /her own will. This world is covered by sin which came from the fall of Adam and Eve and since then man kind has been covered by sin and will continue to do so until the second coming of our Lord Jesus Christ. He then will make a new heaven and a new earth. You ask why do I believe? well, to say that I and I as in the big pronoun to say ME.... would be to be a bit presumptuos but rather I believe because my Lord found grace and grant me mercy that I may come to the saving knowledge faith of Christ. What He has done for me? many would expect here in this answer to hear: wealth or posessions yet He saved my soul, filled my heart with gladness, my heart with peace and contentment not based on how well things around me go or getting all I want but rather how I respond to those circumstances in His midst. He has giving me a chance to live a life for Him in service and not the other way around....your question says: what has He done for YOU...see that implies selfishness and self worshiping ... me, myself and I . I rather live for Him ...what can I do for His kingdom and His people; how can He use me today, how can I tell others about His goodness and mercy on sinners like all of us. My friend, we all have doubts yet allow me to say this: going to church and having a parent or a family that goes to church does not save you only Jesus Christ does...asking HIm to forgive you of your sins and to save your soul for eternal damnation and to help you change your life and to come into your heart. Believe me He will do what He says He wil do and because He is who He says He is. How do I know? He changed my life from sin living and agony and sadness and pain and loneliness and emptyness and purposelessness and aimlessness to a life of peace in hardship, joy in difficulties, hope in despair, humbleness, service to His kingdom, and the best...I will spend the rest of eternity with Him. Praise be to His name always....amen

• Group:  Graduated to Heaven
  • Followers:  6
  • Topic Count:  406
  • Topics Per Day:  0.09
  • Content Count:  5,248
  • Content Per Day:  1.14
  • Days Won:  67

Thank you for your honesty, but it really has little to do with reading your bible right now. And there is absolutely no reason to feel ashamed, because that's what the enemy wants of you. Don't give him the satisfaction.

Just talk to Jesus, no major prayers, or beating yourself up. Just talk to Him, tell Him how you feel, tell Him that you want to know Him as your God and Savior. I talk to Him often, when I am driving my car, walking in the Park where I work, and a host of other places.

Don't let people, and don't you, confuse the issue. All you have to do is ask Him into your life, ask Him to make it happen.

It's really that simple. And if you want to talk more here, be my guest, one of the mod's (including me) would be more than happy to talk to you on the Pm.

Blessings.

I have to agree with Fez

You know the simplest prayer anyone can say is , "Jesus help me".

It's that moment when we can just put all a side and be humble.

When we recognise we can't do it on our own.

That prayer can change your life today.

• 4 weeks later...

• Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  20
  • Content Count:  66

I love Jesus because he first loved me. He didn't have to die on the cross for all of us, but because of his grace, he did anyway. I hope that I can become even closer to him, and I thank him always for his blessings.

• Topic Count:  8
  • Content Count:  195
  • Content Per Day:  0.05
  • Birthday:  03/25/1993

I love Jesus because he first loved me. He didn't have to die on the cross for all of us, but because of his grace, he did anyway. I hope that I can become even closer to him, and I thank him always for his blessings.

Amen!

But God commendeth his love toward us, in that, while we were yet sinners, Christ died for us.

Romans 5:8

• Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  20
  • Content Count:  66

Without God, I wouldn't be breathing, and my blessings wouldn't be here. Praise God!

• Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  1
  • Content Count:  295
  • Content Per Day:  0.04
  • Birthday:  04/26/1932

Hello, I'm new.

But, I was wondering why do you guys believe? And what has He done for you? What made you believe? You see, I'm a teenager and I've been going to church for a while. Ever since around 4 years old. My mom made me. But, even though I have been going to church I still have doubts. I went to retreats. And I seen miracles happen, but for some reason I still have some doubts. Like, why are their so many people in Africa with no food. Why did the Holocaust happen? And my dad, he doesn't go to church, but he believes. He says he's too busy. I know life is not supposed to be a paradise, but some things around the world is cruel. I always wonder, why does God let these things happen?

Thanks.

I believe because to believe is more desirable than the alternative. For me to think that all there is is this life then after that nothing would make me feel that this life is not worth it. I was 17 when I decided to follow God. I made that decision one Sunday morning in a Baptist church. There were no lightening bolts or angels trumpeting. It just made sense. Have I had doubts. Sure. We all have doubts. I have doubts about spiritual things today. Not as many as I used to. But I don't doubt God's promises to me. Going to church does not save you. Your dad can be a Believer without going to church. Church helps you expand your area of fellowship. But you can fellowship with other Believers anywhere. What makes you a Believer is choosing to follow God. Then you are saved by what Jesus did on the cross. Terrible things happen in this world because there is sin in the world. There was not in the beginning (and there won't be in the future). But God gave man the opportunity to run the world and he blew it by falling for Satan's trickery. Does this please God? Absolutely not. And he's going to bring it all to an end one day, maybe sooner than we think. Read Revelation 20 and 21 to see what God is going to do. So don't kick yourself about having doubts. Remember Peter. He had doubts. He even denied the Lord. Did that make Jesus mad? No. When Peter realized the truth Jesus just loved him. Like He loves you with all your doubts. This life can be very rough. But Jesus "said I will never leave you nor forsake you." He will be with us through all out doubts, fears and troubles. No matter what we go through in our lives the life to come makes it all worthwhile. So be at peace my young brother and don't let Satan trip you up over your doubts.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Topic Count:  334
  • Topics Per Day:  0.06
  • Content Count:  2,049
  • Content Per Day:  0.38
  • Days Won:  4

I believe because too many times I put my faith in the things of this world and not once have I ever received any answers or any comfort when I was sad. Then there came a period in my life where I wanted to end it. God showed himself to me that day and since then I've never turned back. He told me (not audibly) that I need to seek him for answers and for comfort, because the world will only make me more miserable. And he was right. When the world doesn't make sense, God does. Without God, I would be so lost. Nothing would make any sense.

That's my short answer. :)