• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  10
  • Topic Count:  5,823
  • Topics Per Day:  0.75
  • Content Count:  45,870
  • Content Per Day:  5.92
  • Days Won:  83
  • Birthday:  11/19/1970

We all have different ideas about what it means to be "in the world but not of the world."

I heard one poetic interpretation of the phrase that shows how some people interpret it to say:

"Not in the world and not of the world."

Another:

"In the world and of the world."

Another:

Not in the world but of the world."

It sounds silly, but if you think about it, many Christians live their lives these different ways.

Paul, when addressing people preaching Christ for the wrong reasons, concluded it best to rejoice that Christ was being preached.

Maybe we just need to leave it at that. (And pray for those involved not to fall into the world's trappings in the process.)

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  105
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  3,131
  • Content Per Day:  0.45
  • Days Won:  1

I don't watch it...

not my thing...

but I was under the impression it was a contest of talent so what does being a Christian have to do with whether or not he is more talented??

In a talent contest I would vote for the one who I thought was more talented and his religion would have nothing to do with his talent...

I also understand he won so hopefully he was the most talented of the two and he can be proud of winning on that merit...

• Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  24
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  3,292
  • Content Per Day:  0.52
  • Days Won:  0

I also understand he won so hopefully he was the most talented of the two and he can be proud of winning on that merit...

LOL...thats a whole 'nother debate right there...

In my opinion, the best singer RARELY wins this show. Its only happened twice as far as I know. It usually comes down to competing styles with the cooler, flashier personality winning out over talent.

• 3 weeks later...

• Topic Count:  171
  • Content Count:  4,813
  • Content Per Day:  0.64

The runner up, Adam, announced that he is gay.

• Topic Count:  66
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  6,363
  • Content Per Day:  1.12
  • Days Won:  9

Was this really a surprise to anyone? :emot-highfive:

• Topic Count:  171
  • Content Count:  4,813
  • Content Per Day:  0.64

Was this really a surprise to anyone?

I suppose not. :emot-highfive:

In such a case where there's a professed Christian going up against a non Christian, I would definitely vote for the Christian - the one who is going to use his God given talent to in one way or another, hopefully glorify God.

• Group:  Junior Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Topics Per Day:  0
  • Content Count:  74
  • Content Per Day:  0.01
  • Birthday:  04/13/1948

Why do Christians waste their time on the devil's trash pile (American Idol) when they have the King James Version Bible to read and love and also beautiful Southern Gospel and great preaching to build up their spirit? (I ask this in love)

Please read the scriptures below and see if God is pleased with us Christians not only acting like this sinful world but also partaking of the sins of this world with them:

(1Peter4:17,18) "For the time is come that judgment must begin at the house of God: and if it first begin at us, what shall the end be of them that obey not the gospel of God? And if the righteous scarcely be saved, where shall the ungodly and the sinner appear?"

(1John2:15)"LOVE NOT the world, neither the things that are in the world. If any man love the world, the love of the Father is not in him."

Sinners are watching our lives every day. Which do you think would cause them to want what we have as Christians...

#1 - American Idol

#2 - Reading our Bible, praying, sharing Jesus Christ through our actions as a True, Holy Living, Child of God

Which do you really believe, down in your heart pleases the Lord God?

Yes, I believe we Christians need to seperate ourselves from acting and doing like this sinful world and start acting like True Christians.

Why did God say "Wherefore COME OUT from among them, and be ye separate, saith the Lord, and touch not the unclean thing; and I will receive you. (2Cor.6:17)

May we Christian have a revival in our own heart and come back to doing the first works.

• Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  375
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  11,400
  • Content Per Day:  1.43
  • Birthday:  08/14/1971

Why do Christians waste their time on the devil's trash pile (American Idol) when they have the King James Version Bible to read and love and also beautiful Southern Gospel and great preaching to build up their spirit? (I ask this in love)

Right. Why do Christians waste their time on the devil's trash pile when they have any version of the Bible to read and love and also the beautiful singing of the saints in many facets and great teaching to build up the Body of Christ?

:whistling:

• Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  97
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  5,850
  • Content Per Day:  0.83
  • Birthday:  08/11/1911

Please read the scriptures below and see if God is pleased with us Christians not only acting like this sinful world but also partaking of the sins of this world with them:

(1Peter4:17,18) "For the time is come that judgment must begin at the house of God: and if it first begin at us, what shall the end be of them that obey not the gospel of God? And if the righteous scarcely be saved, where shall the ungodly and the sinner appear?"

(1John2:15)"LOVE NOT the world, neither the things that are in the world. If any man love the world, the love of the Father is not in him."

Sinners are watching our lives every day. Which do you think would cause them to want what we have as Christians...

#1 - American Idol

#2 - Reading our Bible, praying, sharing Jesus Christ through our actions as a True, Holy Living, Child of God

Which do you really believe, down in your heart pleases the Lord God?

Yes, I believe we Christians need to seperate ourselves from acting and doing like this sinful world and start acting like True Christians.

Why did God say "Wherefore COME OUT from among them, and be ye separate, saith the Lord, and touch not the unclean thing; and I will receive you. (2Cor.6:17)

May we Christian have a revival in our own heart and come back to doing the first works.

Why do you let yourself be openly seen on the devils internet?

• Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  1,022
  • Topics Per Day:  0.16
  • Content Count:  39,193
  • Content Per Day:  6.07
  • Days Won:  78

Was this really a surprise to anyone? :whistling:

Probably not; I knew he was gay the first time I saw him. Nice looking guy though. :thumbsup: