Bold Believer

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  22
  • Topic Count:  1,294
  • Topics Per Day:  0.21
  • Content Count:  31,762
  • Content Per Day:  5.24
  • Days Won:  115

This world is so used to seeing things blasted over the airwaves that if they don't see it, they don't believe it is happening. The gift of Prophecy is given to those whom the Holy Spirit is using. It is not a title like Dr or Lawyer that one holds in front of their name for the world to recognize they are a prophet. Why look for a sign (prophet) while ignoring the message (Go therefore and make disciples of all the nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit)? The more we do our job, the less He needs to garner the worlds attention through one person.

• Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  62
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  9,613
  • Content Per Day:  1.45
  • Days Won:  9
  • Birthday:  05/31/1952

Prophecy is a gift for the Church, to be used by the Church for the Church, first and foremost.

Ephesians 4:11

Now these are the gifts Christ gave to the church: the apostles, the prophets, the evangelists, and the pastors and teachers.

1 Corinthians 12:27-28

All of you together are Christ’s body, and each of you is a part of it. 28 Here are some of the parts God has appointed for the church:

first are apostles,

second are prophets,

third are teachers,

then those who do miracles,

those who have the gift of healing,

those who can help others,

those who have the gift of leadership,

those who speak in unknown languages.

• Followers:  10
  • Topic Count:  5,823
  • Topics Per Day:  0.76
  • Content Count:  45,870
  • Content Per Day:  5.96
  • Days Won:  83
  • Birthday:  11/19/1970

Prophets in the NT do what? Agabus gave warning of an impending disaster. And then oddly enough, nothing else is recorded in the NT referring to a prophet.

Except where prophets prophecied to Paul about what would happen to him in Jerusalem (one encounter is recorded).

So, I have to go to the OT to see what prophets did. They warned. When God sent a prophet to Israel, it was always to those who had gone from Him. Descendants of righteous living people who became godless

Prophets also ministered to people who were following God. You can see that with Elisha's ministry. The recorded words of prophecy were not only to call God's people who had fallen away to repentance, but also for us today, don't you think? Else, why record them? Why do we study them?

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  68
  • Topic Count:  185
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  14,224
  • Content Per Day:  3.33
  • Days Won:  30

The prophets were men who were called most often to warn and encourage God's people, and call them to

repentance. Jonah was called to go to the heathen. But all were definitely called of God with a message that

so burned within them that they could not refrain from giving it to the people God directed them to.

Again, remember Johah, the reluctant prophet.

All God's prophets feared and loved God more than their lives. And giving God's message usually cost them

their lives. Pray for the prophets around the world, mostly obscure, who are in solitary confinement for 30 years

(like Watchman Nee), who are being tortured and killed for their faith, whose families are abused before their eyes,

who are being pulled out of cars on the streets and beheaded in front of their families. The man reporting this kept

repeating: " If I can't forgive my preaching means nothing!

I heard the last accout from his best friend, a pastor,. It had occurred only one week before and he grieved deeply.

Edited by Willamina

Jesus is the last Prophet. The last prophecy is the Book of Revelation. Today, the only prophecy concerns individuals, not nations, nor the World.

• Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  30
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  3,373
  • Content Per Day:  0.76
  • Days Won:  22

It doesn't matter how many people stand up and say God is not pleased. God, has already made a note of that in words

that are far more eloquent than any so called prophets that believe they have a message of doom and gloom.

Many OT prophecies have yet to be fulfilled but we can see some that are undeniable as having been fulfilled such as

Israel being made a nation in their own land once again.

Isaiah 53....that has been fulfilled in Jesus...that is one of the most beautiful and yet sorrowful chapters in the Bible

The MAIN reason people who say they have the gift of prophecy are laughed at by those who no longer believe that God

dispenses spiritual gifts (in my opinion) are the buffoons on certain channels I won't mention who have a ridiculous prophecy

a minute and say the opposite of what the book of Revelation states about the final chapters of the world.

God does not act without saying (through) His prophets, what He is going to do. He has stated most of His plans already

if you read the prophets...if the same type of sins are ongoing in a nation, read what befell that nation that overthrew the

enlightenment of God and see what their end was.

Does it really take a prophet to state the direction that North America is going in? The history channel provides a good glimpse

into what goes around comes around. So, some good understanding, some discernment, some knowledge and the Bible

will actually tell anyone with an ear to listen what is next. I do not mean specifically...if someone states specifically and says

that God revealed such and such to them and it does not happen, we know that person did not speak for the Lord.

Stop blaming the 'church'...folks, you ARE the church! What is YOUR part in all of this?

Do you KNOW what God would have you doing right now? Is your part to pray? Are you praying? Is your part to help the

poor? Are you doing that?

Whatever you do, work at it with all your heart, as working for the Lord, not for men, Col. 3:23

There are far too many prophets running into each other with conflicting messages of God told me this or an angel told me that.

God has not said. If a person cannot even grasp what God has ALREADY said, why do you, whoever you are, think He is

saying something through that person.

No one,in my understanding, can know at this moment exactly what is next...however, we are to understand the times and always

be prepared.

Do not be confused...God is not going to 'send' a prophet to warn you of coming judgement. He has already stated that He will

judge all these things that are being done.

I believe there are prophets. I do not believe the cacophony of noise we hear is prophecy. A prophet will hear from God

and will not be swayed by the demand for a word.

It is not the prophets (whether dead or alive, because those who have passed still speak) responsibility to stir your heart to

repentance. It is YOUR responsibility to obey. You know what is right. Do it.