joi

• Group:  Junior Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  28
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  116
  • Content Per Day:  0.03
  • Days Won:  0

consider yourself lucky, they became tools for me to be born again. I was reading so much on this stuff and now I have no doubt this kind of material is a tool for satan to reach through to you, leave you with overwhelming fear. And it will attract you as moth to flame. Another serpent tactic.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  22
  • Topic Count:  1,294
  • Topics Per Day:  0.21
  • Content Count:  31,762
  • Content Per Day:  5.22
  • Days Won:  115

I'll tell you why. I have done a lot of looking into people who have written books, or received some supernatural knowledge that initially was very warm and fuzzy and loving to them and then turned out to be E-vil. John Dee was spreaking with what he thought were angels. Then in his writings he said, I think they're lying to me, I dont think they're who they say they are. Aliens too, people get abducted, and come back with stories that they are the most loving beautiful creators of our world, who only desire to protect us, and safeguard our planet, and apparently even disarm nuclear warheads(comes off pretty sweet aye?) Yet you can find other testimonies that start out like this and then at some point the person realized they were not loving and they were liars. Schizophrenics claim to hear God or angels or demons. Some positive, some negative. The common thread is that all these people believed without a doubt that in what they heard and that is was true and right. I worry I wont recognize Gods voice if I hear it. I also worry about sites that say things like "the apostles and prophets were not conversing with God but were probably schizophrenic as mental illnesses were not recognized in that time" I venture to say it's the other way around..... ever heard of sananda? Supposedly he's this et being who is going to come to earth and produce a false second coming, and he looks just like our common perception of Christ. Now all this said, I dont take stock in every theory I hear or read about it, but these things do plant seeds of worry in my brain. Many conspiracies(I loathe this word by the way) have turned out true! I have no doubt in the Lord, but I do worry about not being able to recognize the false from the real when i hear of so many others fooled!

This is not meant for discussion, but something to think about. Consider the amount of time you spend reading other mens words and compare it to the amount of time you spend reading/studying the bible. Ask yourself if you are trying to find direction through the writings of other people, or if you are trying to find direction scripture and compare scripture to what others write to see if what they write has truth?

We become what we take in, physically, mentally and spiritually.

• Topic Count:  506
  • Topics Per Day:  0.11
  • Content Count:  1,922
  • Content Per Day:  0.41
  • Days Won:  4

Please stay on topic here. This is my original question:

John 1:1-In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God.

John 1:14-And the Word was made flesh, and dwelt among us, (and we beheld his glory, the glory as of the only begotten of the Father,) full of grace and truth.

If Jesus is the Word, what is the Bible?

OneLight, you are correct in this;

• Group:  Junior Member
  • Topic Count:  28
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  116
  • Content Per Day:  0.03
  • Days Won:  0

This is not meant for discussion, but something to think about. Consider the amount of time you spend reading other mens words and compare it to the amount of time you spend reading/studying the bible. Ask yourself if you are trying to find direction through the writings of other people, or if you are trying to find direction scripture and compare scripture to what others write to see if what they write has truth?

Amen, I dont fill myself up with that stuff anymore. I have opinions about but now I'd rather guide other Christians to do just as you said. I learned that lesson. Doesn't mean I dont remember reading about it, but reading the WORD takes precedence in my life now :grin: Especially when I'm reminded by WORD to test the spirits and nuggets of wisdom of the like :mgcheerful:

My thought

1 Corinthians 2:16

For who hath known the mind of the Lord, that he may instruct him? but we have the mind of Christ.

Can you define with your opinion?

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  35
  • Topic Count:  100
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  41,251
  • Content Per Day:  7.98
  • Days Won:  76
  • Birthday:  07/27/1957

John 1:1-In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God.

John 1:14-And the Word was made flesh, and dwelt among us, (and we beheld his glory, the glory as of the only begotten of the Father,) full of grace and truth.

It is the foundation from which The Holy Spirit makes The Lord Jesus to live in our hearts so that having not seen

we believe, having personal Spiritual Knowledge so that when we look Him in The Eye we shall know Him even as we are

known.... Love, Steven

It is the foundation from which The Holy Spirit makes The Lord Jesus to live in our hearts so that having not seen

we believe, having personal Spiritual Knowledge so that when we look Him in The Eye we shall know Him even as we are

known.... Love, Steven

Great answer Steven!

• Followers:  22
  • Topic Count:  1,294
  • Topics Per Day:  0.21
  • Content Count:  31,762
  • Content Per Day:  5.22
  • Days Won:  115

My thought

1 Corinthians 2:16

For who hath known the mind of the Lord, that he may instruct him? but we have the mind of Christ.

Can you define with your opinion?

First, allow me to bring in more verses, beginning at verse 13.

These things we also speak, not in words which man’s wisdom teaches but which the Holy Spirit teaches, comparing spiritual things with spiritual. But the natural man does not receive the things of the Spirit of God, for they are foolishness to him; nor can he know them, because they are spiritually discerned. But he who is spiritual judges all things, yet he himself is rightly judged by no one. For “who has known the mind of the Lord that he may instruct Him?” But we have the mind of Christ.

What you are referring to is also found in Isaiah 40:13, and states:

Who has directed the Spirit of the Lord,

Or as His counselor has taught Him?

The question is centered toward the unbeliever who goes around questioning everything about God, much like we find in our Outer Court. They do not have answers because they do not know God. We do, and as we continue to grow in Him, becoming more like Jesus, our minds become more like His also. I do not see this to mean we are in the fullness of Christ and think exactly as He does.

Guest biblestudent61497

John 1:18 seems to hold some bearing on this subject and I like Heb. 4:12 where it says "the word of God is alive and exerts power". It is certainly helping to change my life. How thankful we should all be for "The Word Of God".

To quote Butero, " Jesus is the Word in that the Word reveals who he is."

This is a bit of what I meant in quoting that "we have the mind of Christ" from Corinthians.

The Bible teaches us what Jesus/God was thinking and was given by divine revelation.

• Followers:  6
  • Topic Count:  230
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  4,941
  • Content Per Day:  0.95
  • Days Won:  14

Yes, Jesus/God is the Word and the Bible is the 'history' of the actions of Jesus/God - past, present and future.