joi

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  506
  • Topics Per Day:  0.11
  • Content Count:  1,922
  • Content Per Day:  0.41
  • Days Won:  4

John 1:1-In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God.

John 1:14-And the Word was made flesh, and dwelt among us, (and we beheld his glory, the glory as of the only begotten of the Father,) full of grace and truth.

If Jesus is the Word, what is the Bible?

I have an opinion, but wanted to get yours as well.

• Followers:  8
  • Topic Count:  59
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  4,402
  • Content Per Day:  0.99
  • Days Won:  28
  • Birthday:  04/26/1971

2Ti 3:16 All scripture [is] given by inspiration of God, and [is] profitable for doctrine, for reproof, for correction, for instruction in righteousness:

2Pe 1:21 For the prophecy came not in old time by the will of man: but holy men of God spake [as they were] moved by the Holy Ghost.

Jhn 5:39 Search the scriptures; for in them ye think ye have eternal life: and they are they which testify of me.

• Topic Count:  506
  • Topics Per Day:  0.11
  • Content Count:  1,922
  • Content Per Day:  0.41
  • Days Won:  4

My thought

1 Corinthians 2:16

For who hath known the mind of the Lord, that he may instruct him? but we have the mind of Christ.

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Topic Count:  4
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  120
  • Content Per Day:  0.03
  • Days Won:  1
  • Birthday:  10/13/1974

2Ti 3:16 All scripture [is] given by inspiration of God, and [is] profitable for doctrine, for reproof, for correction, for instruction in righteousness:

2Pe 1:21 For the prophecy came not in old time by the will of man: but holy men of God spake [as they were] moved by the Holy Ghost.

Jhn 5:39 Search the scriptures; for in them ye think ye have eternal life: and they are they which testify of me.

In my research, these scriptures you brought seems to fit nicely with my thoughts as well. In one sense, The Word is another title to Christ found in the following:

New International Version (©1984) Revelation 19:13

He is dressed in a robe dipped in blood, and his name is the Word of God.

In another sense the word, as it is called, is found rooted in Creation:

Psalm 33:6 New International Version (©1984)

By the word of the LORD were the heavens made, their starry host by the breath of his mouth.

Wisdom 9:1 Oh God -- You have made all things by your word.

I guess in my conclusion it is used as a name given, an expression of inspiration, a source of revelation. God is the word. The word is within us. The word is God breathed.

A little tricky to wrap our heads around but we cannot have the word without God and cannot have God without His word. (Which He can place in our hearts without the bible if we do not have access to one)

Good topic

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  4
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  321
  • Content Per Day:  0.05
  • Days Won:  2
  • Birthday:  12/03/1957

John 1:1-In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God.

John 1:14-And the Word was made flesh, and dwelt among us, (and we beheld his glory, the glory as of the only begotten of the Father,) full of grace and truth.

The Word, or logos in John 1 is a Greek term with the synonymous meaning of "the mind/reason" (i.e. substance) of God.

This meaning was assigned to the word "logos" by the Greek philosopher Heraclitus about 500 BC, and it stuck...so that by the time of Christ the meaning (mind/reason/substance of God) was universally accepted throughout the gentile world; which had been heavily influenced by Greek philosophy.

So then, John identifies the logos (Word) as the creator God, the true God, and in Verse 14 shows that this same God who created all things came to dwell among men.

A presentation of the gospel that would have been readily recognizable to the gentile...and a presentation showing that Jesus differed from all the other gods through out the empire, for He alone is the logos.

Hope that helps!

• Group:  Junior Member
  • Topic Count:  28
  • Content Count:  116
  • Days Won:  0

The Word, or logos in John 1 is a Greek term with the synonymous meaning of "the mind/reason" (i.e. substance) of God.

This meaning was assigned to the word "logos" by the Greek philosopher Heraclitus about 500 BC, and it stuck...so that by the time of Christ the meaning (mind/reason/substance of God) was universally accepted throughout the gentile world; which had been heavily influenced by Greek philosophy.

So then, John identifies the logos (Word) as the creator God, the true God, and in Verse 14 shows that this same God who created all things came to dwell among men.

A presentation of the gospel that would have been readily recognizable to the gentile...and a presentation showing that Jesus differed from all the other gods through out the empire, for He alone is the logos.

Hope that helps!

Yes God literally speaks substance. That is my opinion. And genesis agrees! The bible IS the word, but it was also written through the mind and hand of man. Notice I didn't say it came from the mind of man, but Gods substance, his speak, was put in mens minds and they transferred it to the paper. I often wish I could hear God, just one word. But then sometimes I worry I wouldn't recognize him, that I may think it's a demon.

Hope that helps!

Yes God literally speaks substance. That is my opinion. And genesis agrees! The bible IS the word, but it was also written through the mind and hand of man. Notice I didn't say it came from the mind of man, but Gods substance, his speak, was put in mens minds and they transferred it to the paper. I often wish I could hear God, just one word. But then sometimes I worry I wouldn't recognize him, that I may think it's a demon.

Why would you worry about that?

I'll tell you why. I have done a lot of looking into people who have written books, or received some supernatural knowledge that initially was very warm and fuzzy and loving to them and then turned out to be E-vil. John Dee was spreaking with what he thought were angels. Then in his writings he said, I think they're lying to me, I dont think they're who they say they are. Aliens too, people get abducted, and come back with stories that they are the most loving beautiful creators of our world, who only desire to protect us, and safeguard our planet, and apparently even disarm nuclear warheads(comes off pretty sweet aye?) Yet you can find other testimonies that start out like this and then at some point the person realized they were not loving and they were liars. Schizophrenics claim to hear God or angels or demons. Some positive, some negative. The common thread is that all these people believed without a doubt that in what they heard and that is was true and right. I worry I wont recognize Gods voice if I hear it. I also worry about sites that say things like "the apostles and prophets were not conversing with God but were probably schizophrenic as mental illnesses were not recognized in that time" I venture to say it's the other way around..... ever heard of sananda? Supposedly he's this et being who is going to come to earth and produce a false second coming, and he looks just like our common perception of Christ. Now all this said, I dont take stock in every theory I hear or read about it, but these things do plant seeds of worry in my brain. Many conspiracies(I loathe this word by the way) have turned out true! I have no doubt in the Lord, but I do worry about not being able to recognize the false from the real when i hear of so many others fooled!

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  35
  • Topic Count:  100
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  41,163
  • Content Per Day:  7.98
  • Days Won:  76
  • Birthday:  07/27/1957

Because it 'IS' called obedience to God...

1 John 4:1-3

4 Beloved, do not believe every spirit, but test the spirits, whether they are of God;

because many false prophets have gone out into the world. 2 By this you know the

Spirit of God: Every spirit that confesses that Jesus Christ has come in the flesh is

of God, 3 and every spirit that does not confess that Jesus Christ has come in the

flesh is not of God. And this is the spirit of the Antichrist, which you have heard was

coming, and is now already in the world.

NKJV

We are to use God's Word as a light to our path to Him! Love, Steven

Because it 'IS' called obedience to God...

1 John 4:1-3

4 Beloved, do not believe every spirit, but test the spirits, whether they are of God;

because many false prophets have gone out into the world. 2 By this you know the

Spirit of God: Every spirit that confesses that Jesus Christ has come in the flesh is

of God, 3 and every spirit that does not confess that Jesus Christ has come in the

flesh is not of God. And this is the spirit of the Antichrist, which you have heard was

coming, and is now already in the world.

NKJV

We are to use God's Word as a light to our path to Him! Love, Steven

thanks for that verse, I wonder if in these stories like with John Dee if he ever just asked these angels, " psst, hey! who you workin for?" You can find an abundance of accounts of people in the midst of an alien abduction who have called on Jesus and the abduction stops abruptly. Funny how the alienologist never talk about that.