IGNORED

As Christians today are we called to celebrate the Sabbath (Saturday)?

GoldenEagle

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  764
  • Topics Per Day:  0.18
  • Content Count:  7,626
  • Content Per Day:  1.80
  • Days Won:  44

• Followers:  34
  • Topic Count:  1,991
  • Topics Per Day:  0.48
  • Content Count:  48,689
  • Content Per Day:  11.80
  • Days Won:  226

Exodus 20:8-11 says the Sabbath day is the seventh day of the week.Their has been some misunderstanding among some Chrisitan groups.The Seven Day Adventist claim the Sabbath as a Saturday.

The Bible does not say that the Sabbath be the day of worship.In Exodus 20:8-11"Keeping the Sabbath holy" is defined as not working on the Sabbath.

• Group:  Removed from Forums for Breaking Terms of Service
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  18
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  1,740
  • Content Per Day:  0.44
  • Days Won:  7
  • Birthday:  07/02/1964

In Acts we are given what part of the Jewish law we should follow...

19 “It is my judgment, therefore, that we should not make it difficult for the Gentiles who are turning to God. 20 Instead we should write to them, telling them to abstain from food polluted by idols, from sexual immorality, from the meat of strangled animals and from blood.

I see nothing about the Sabbath

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  62
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  631
  • Content Per Day:  0.15
  • Days Won:  2

No.

2Co 3:1  Do we begin again to commend ourselves? or need we, as some others, epistles of commendation to you, or letters of commendation from you? 
2Co 3:2  Ye are our epistle written in our hearts, known and read of all men: 
2Co 3:3  Forasmuch as ye are manifestly declared to be the epistle of Christ ministered by us, written not with ink, but with the Spirit of the living God; not in tables of stone, but in fleshy tables of the heart. 
2Co 3:4  And such trust have we through Christ to God-ward: 
2Co 3:5  Not that we are sufficient of ourselves to think any thing as of ourselves; but our sufficiency is of God; 
2Co 3:6  Who also hath made us able ministers of the new testament; not of the letter, but of the spirit: for the letter killeth, but the spirit giveth life. 
2Co 3:7  But if the ministration of death, written and engraven in stones, was glorious, so that the children of Israel could not stedfastly behold the face of Moses for the glory of his countenance; which glory was to be done away: 
2Co 3:8  How shall not the ministration of the spirit be rather glorious? 
2Co 3:9  For if the ministration of condemnation be glory, much more doth the ministration of righteousness exceed in glory. 
2Co 3:10  For even that which was made glorious had no glory in this respect, by reason of the glory that excelleth. 
2Co 3:11  For if that which is done away was glorious, much more that which remaineth is glorious. 
2Co 3:12  Seeing then that we have such hope, we use great plainness of speech: 
2Co 3:13  And not as Moses, which put a vail over his face, that the children of Israel could not stedfastly look to the end of that which is abolished: 
2Co 3:14  But their minds were blinded: for until this day remaineth the same vail untaken away in the reading of the old testament; which vail is done away in Christ. 
2Co 3:15  But even unto this day, when Moses is read, the vail is upon their heart. 
2Co 3:16  Nevertheless when it shall turn to the Lord, the vail shall be taken away. 
2Co 3:17  Now the Lord is that Spirit: and where the Spirit of the Lord is, there is liberty. 
2Co 3:18  But we all, with open face beholding as in a glass the glory of the Lord, are changed into the same image from glory to glory, even as by the Spirit of the Lord. 

the Sabbath can no longer be kept as it was biblically mandated.

anything less than the standard God set forth concerning a Holy Day should be considered sacrilege.

i have personally dealt with this and ministered to others about it as well.

Jesus Christ is the Lord of the Sabbath and our rest is now in Him, daily.

there is no longer Jew nor Gentile in Christ Jesus.

we should keep in mind that certain brethren claim that keeping the Sabbath is not a burden, and they do so out of love for God.  i have no problems with this view, although i do pray for them.

the issues arise when someone declares condemnation and professes that it is enforceable by the scriptures, when this is simply not true.  i pray for them too, but they must be rebuked.

You decide.

Romans 13

Owe no one anything except to love one another, for he who loves another has fulfilled the law. 

For the commandments,

“You shall not commit adultery,”

“You shall not murder,”

“You shall not steal,”

“You shall not bear false witness,” 

“You shall not covet,”

and if there is any other commandment, are all summed up in this saying, namely, “You shall love your neighbor as yourself.”

10 Love does no harm to a neighbor; therefore love is the fulfillment of the law.

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  23
  • Topic Count:  155
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  7,464
  • Content Per Day:  1.02
  • Days Won:  57
  • Birthday:  12/12/1952

I have a friend who is a Seventh Day Adventist.  We had a discussion one day and basically told me that if I didn't worship on Saturday I would loose my salvation.  That is what their esteemed leader Ellen White taught them when she started the SDA movement.  She told her followers that if you do not worship on Saturday you will ​Have to receive the mark of the beast.     She truly believes that that is what much of your salvation hinges on.  Much?  it sounds to me like it is work we do, and not recognize the finished work of the cross.  The SDA is a cult plain and simple.  I believe as believers in Jesus that we celebrate what the Bible calls the Lord's Day.  But here is another thought, as believers we are to worship all the time, not just on a certain  day but everyday, for He is worthy of our praise and worship all the time.

• Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  21
  • Content Count:  272
  • Content Per Day:  0.07
  • Days Won:  0

I'll just say this much.  The Sabbath is the Sabbath and I don't see anywhere in the bible where that was changed.  That said, I won't make a judgement on how to keep such a day.  But for those who do, and if you get flack over it, remember what Paul stated:

Let no man therefore judge you in meat, or in drink, or in respect of an holyday, or of the new moon, or of the sabbath days:

Which are a shadow of things to come; but the body is of Christ.

That means don't let it bother you if someone does try to judge you for keeping a sabbath, or the manner in which one keeps the sabbath.

One other thing I noticed, while there's a majority out there that say, "I can worship the Lord any day and the day does not matter."  I find an alarming disproportionate amount of gathering on a Sunday, and even holidays which are not in the bible.  If the day really did not matter, then I would expect some people gathering on Saturday, some of Sundays, some on Tuesdays, some on Fridays, etc.  But that's not what I'm seeing. So, despite what others may say, they do keep "a sabbath" and (liturgical) holydays of sorts.  It's just not the day of the week, or the holyday the bible mentions.  Frankly, that bothers me far more than debating how to keep Saturday. c.f. Galatians 4:10-11.

• Followers:  6
  • Topic Count:  230
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  4,941
  • Content Per Day:  0.95
  • Days Won:  14

Whatever day you celebrate as the Lord's Day you celebrate it unto the Lord for all days are the same to Him.

• Followers:  34
  • Topic Count:  1,991
  • Topics Per Day:  0.48
  • Content Count:  48,689
  • Content Per Day:  11.80
  • Days Won:  226

If I go to a worship service on a Wednesday night I sure do not feel that I am going to hell. :unsure:

• Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  21
  • Content Count:  272
  • Content Per Day:  0.07
  • Days Won:  0

rom 14:5 One person esteems one day as better than another, while another esteems all days alike. Each one should be fully convinced in his own mind.

I understand this to be an item of Christian freedom.

Careful quoting this passage regarding the Sabbath or biblical holydays.  The context of the message was eating of meats that may have been offered to idols.  The days esteemed would have to so with those days involved in such sacrifices that Christians with a weaker conscious had.  Look at the context for yourself; why would Paul mention holidays in the middle of a passage that has to do with another subject? This has nothing to do with keeping biblical holydays.