firestormx

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  29
  • Topic Count:  598
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  56,132
  • Content Per Day:  7.56
  • Days Won:  271

I'd like to thank you all for posting in this thread.  I'm learning a lot about disunity just by reading through the thread.

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  2
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  50
  • Content Per Day:  0.01
  • Days Won:  0

But, with the Holy Spirit living in me, I have been given the ability to clearly evaluate peoples fruit and motives.

That is a bunch of baloney.  You don't know beans about most Christians.  We are filled with the Holy Spirit too and you are in no position to say otherwise. It is not just prideful.  Prideful doesn't cut it.  Judging requires you to judge people's hearts and motives and frankly, you haven't been given that kind of insight despite your delusional thoughts to the contrary. 

A person that is filled with the Holy Spirit is also always led by the Holy Spirit. They have become a slave to righteousness, because of the fullness of the Holy Spirit in them. Is this your position in the Lord? Are you always led by the Holy Spirit - for the Holy Spirit will never lead us into sinning? Have you become a overcomer over the world and all it's temptations by the power of the Holy Spirit fully filling you? Is this the state that God has sanctified you to?

OnewithGod - maybe you could please explain as to what exactly is "the real truth" ? I would appreciate as much attention to detail as possible if you please.

Thanks,

Hippie333

Where most are being fooled is in the terminalogy of God's Word.

Saved is where we are saved from the power of our sins - so we can stop sinning and worship the Lord. The saving power of Christ is free, but it everyone's choice to whether they will use this power to be freed of all their sinful nature and become Christlike. In this way Christ is the "WAY".

In our santification process, we are given the power through salvation to become a son of God. We must believe and have faith in Christ, who is the essence of all of the Truth of God. When a person does believe in God's Truth, which is Christ, then they will be set free and become a true son of God and be Christ-like. Christ is the "TRUTH".

As I said above, we must get in the WAY of Christ, then we must believe and have faith in the TRUTH of Christ, which will then lead us to becoming a son of God. Then being a son of God through the baptism of the Holy Spirit, then we will inherit eternal LIFE, which "LIFE" is also Christ.

So, Christ is the WAY --> the TRUTH --> and the LIFE. No one comes to the Father except through this process of salvation through Christ.

People don't have the same Truth of God, because most "Christians" are not being led by the Holy Spirit, but by their own selfish reason and desires of what they want the "truth" to be.

As long as people will not die to themselves (their selfishness), they cannot be led to God's Truth. God's Truth is to convicting to the sinful self and self will always protect itself to keep surviving.

Selfishness (the sinful heart) will always desire to believe lies instead of God's real Truth. Before a person can believe God's Truth, they have to want to die to all the evil in them first.

The reason so called "Christians" are not united and of one accord, is because most are only willing to believe what their ears are itching to hear.

For the most part, "Christians" don't really desire to live righteously and by the power of believing God's Truth and Holy Spirit. Their selfishness just desires to be convinced that they aren't going to hell. The just desire to save themselves - instead of giving their life to God for His glory and goodness.

The trouble with all these "Christians" is - they are only fooling themselves. Most peoples "truth" is usually only lies that they have convinced themselves to be " their truth".

Now days, every "Christian" has a different "truth". There are as many different "truths" as there are personal opinions.

God's real Truth is in His Word, but only a FEW will desire the real Truth. Only the few will desire to be made fully righteous by God's Grace and Holy Spirit's Baptism. Only a few will desire to be free of all their sin. Only a few will even have the faith that they can be made fully sanctified by God's power. God desires this full salvation of all and He has made it available to all - but they have to truly disire God's righteousness to receive His righteousness and be fully transformed.

I would like to meet any ten people in this world that agree on everything that God's word says.  I've been here for nearly ten years and read hundreds of people across the world and have not seen even two.  Show me just ten out of the 7 billion of us, please.

In the first church times after Christ, there were many in one accord, but today there is a small number and they are not in one place, but scattered all over the world. There is only two others in the towns around me. I know and have talked to more people around the world with God's real Truth, but they aren't welcomed very nicely either, because God's Truth inflicts pain on the selfishness/sinful nature -  and it convicts the soul, but who wants to die to their selfisness and become holy and righteous these days.

So, now a question to you. If you could meet these ten righteous people out of the 7 billion people, would you believe the 10 or would you go with the majority and take the wide road? The majority of God's people rejected Christ and nailed Him to a tree and crusified Him. Would you of believed the 11 disciples of Christ or went with the majority?

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  29
  • Topic Count:  598
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  56,132
  • Content Per Day:  7.56
  • Days Won:  271

So, now a question to you. If you could meet these ten righteous people out of the 7 billion people, would you believe the 10 or would you go with the majority and take the wide road? The majority of God's people rejected Christ and nailed Him to a tree and crusified Him. Would you of believed the 11 disciples of Christ or went with the majority?

well, I know ten righteous people just in my church......  but they don't always see everything in the word the same.  not even the 11 disciples agreed on everything all along so i don't see where your proposal even gets off to a start.

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Topic Count:  1
  • Content Count:  375
  • Content Per Day:  0.06

firestormx,

The part where you are talking about original sin for instance. I'm sure you heard the verse that talks about us being conceived in sin as support for original sin.

You picked a very good verse to show just how misinterpretation takes place within the sola scriptura melieu.  When one needs a test(s) to support a theory the text generally gets stretched out of meaning.

We are born in sin, but that does not make the baby a sinner.  If you are born in a bed, does that make you a bed?  We are born innocent but are given birth by adults who are sinners and place us in a sinful world.  This is the connection to the Incarnation which is why most protestants do not hold to the Biblical meaning because it conflicts with this idea of man being born a sinner.  Christ would of necessity be born a sinner, since she was born of Mary to give to Christ our human nature.  If Christ is not exactly, precisely like us in every way He cannot save us, since it is our nature that is being saved. We sin, He did not. That is the ONLY difference between Christ's human nature and ours.

So while your waiting for the other person to respond to you, can you answer me this. With the clear differences between just the orthodox and the protestants, How can unity ever be achieved?

There will never be unity between them.  The only way is for each, as I have done, is to renounce all of my false beliefs and accept Christ as He has revealed Himself to man and join Christ's Body as He established it, not my philosophical construct.

There have been denominations and whole congregations that have converted but the circumstances are unique and not the norm.

• Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  8
  • Content Count:  438
  • Content Per Day:  0.11
  • Days Won:  1

I wouldn't call it "judging" as you do, because most would consider "judging" to be condemning people to hell - this is only God's right.

But, with the Holy Spirit living in me, I have been given the ability to clearly evaluate peoples fruit and motives. This usually takes some time with each person, but my calling of God has taken me to many "Christians" - to try to bring back His Truth - the complete Truth of the New Testament - not the "truth" that most desire to hear, but the real Truth of God.

I have been filled with His "Spirit of Truth". So, yes I am in a position to evaluate other people's beliefs against God's real Truth. I know this sounds prideful in this day of un-belief, but God still filles the ones desiring His righteousness with His Truth and righteousness. This is open to any that truly desire His fullness and oneness with God.

That's odd.  I have the Holy Spirit living within me, and He never motivates me to go around condemning wide swaths of people whom I do not even know and have never met.

That's good to know.

If one does not believce in the Catholic Church, and I do not, one does not have to participate in it. Same with Methodists and Episcoplalians. Nobody is pressuring us to become part of their faith? We all believe in Christ let's start from there.

It is not about "pressure." Episcopalians and Methodists teach a very liberal doctrine that has nothing to do with the gospel of Christ. In that vein, in a very real sense, they are not even a church. At least not one that teaches the right Gospel. That is hardly the fault of the people who point that out. They always have the option of getting their doctrine in line with the dictates of the scripture, which plainly says that homosexuality is a sin. Barring that, then the statement is true: They are worthless when it comes to the Gospel, because they obviously do not know what the gospel is.

• Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  8
  • Content Count:  438
  • Content Per Day:  0.11
  • Days Won:  1

But, with the Holy Spirit living in me, I have been given the ability to clearly evaluate peoples fruit and motives.

That is a bunch of baloney.  You don't know beans about most Christians.  We are filled with the Holy Spirit too and you are in no position to say otherwise. It is not just prideful.  Prideful doesn't cut it.  Judging requires you to judge people's hearts and motives and frankly, you haven't been given that kind of insight despite your delusional thoughts to the contrary. 

I couldn't agree more.  

Churches that promote the homosexual lifestyle including gay marriage are not true Churches. They are a forinication of bricks. Homosexuality has no place in the church and those who practice and/or promote it are not genuine followers of Jesus.

]But, with the Holy Spirit living in me, I have been given the ability to clearly evaluate peoples fruit and motives.

I couldn't agree more.  

Churches that promote the homosexual lifestyle including gay marriage are not true Churches. They are a forinication of bricks. Homosexuality has no place in the church and those who practice and/or promote it are not genuine followers of Jesus.

We wil know Christians by their fruit. Who ever has bad fruit is not of God, but their works are still the dirty rags of self love. Who ever knowingly sins against God is not of God, but still of the devil.

Who ever sins is fullfilling their selfish/fleshly lusts and not living by God's Holy Spirit.

This is what God's word says.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  10
  • Topic Count:  5,823
  • Topics Per Day:  0.76
  • Content Count:  45,870
  • Content Per Day:  5.95
  • Days Won:  83
  • Birthday:  11/19/1970

Christ would of necessity be born a sinner, since she was born of Mary to give to Christ our human nature.

I hope that's a typing error, because what you just wrote here sounds a bit odd.

There will never be unity between them.  The only way is for each, as I have done, is to renounce all of my false beliefs and accept Christ as He has revealed Himself to man and join Christ's Body as He established it, not my philosophical construct.

Are you saying here that you do not consider us as brothers and sisters in the Lord?