Waiting2BwithHim

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  22
  • Topic Count:  1,294
  • Topics Per Day:  0.21
  • Content Count:  31,762
  • Content Per Day:  5.19
  • Days Won:  115

Learning is a process.  We first have to learn to roll over and become upright on our hands and knees before we learn to crawl.  Then from crawling, we learn to stand up on two feet.  Then comes balance before we can take the first step.

If God told you the final answer without learning the process, it would not make any sense.

• Followers:  22
  • Topic Count:  1,294
  • Topics Per Day:  0.21
  • Content Count:  31,762
  • Content Per Day:  5.19
  • Days Won:  115

I would also suggest that we don't get some of the answers for a couple more reasons.  First, we are not mature to handle the truth at that particular time, more growth in Him is necessary.  One needs to take in the milk before the meat.  In some areas the meat is what we can handle, but in others, we are still little children.

Another reason is sometimes the truth is hidden in the way one finds the answers.  I believe God wants us to learn how to find these answers, but first we need to learn how to find them.  If he just gave answers, we would never learn.  Precept upon precept.  A little here and a little there.

Guest ninhao

If you try that, and it doesn't happen for you that way, I would suggest God wants you to wait on him.  I sometimes think he doesn't give us all the answers to everything, because if he did, there would be no reason to seek him.  We would already know everything.  He wants us to learn dependency on him. 

I would also suggest that we don't get some of the answers for a couple more reasons.  First, we are not mature to handle the truth at that particular time, more growth in Him is necessary.  One needs to take in the milk before the meat.  In some areas the meat is what we can handle, but in others, we are still little children.

Another reason is sometimes the truth is hidden in the way one finds the answers.  I believe God wants us to learn how to find these answers, but first we need to learn how to find them.  If he just gave answers, we would never learn.  Precept upon precept.  A little here and a little there.

Wise words from the Brethren.

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  17
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  448
  • Content Per Day:  0.10
  • Days Won:  0

Sometimes I am asking God questions that I would like to know the answers.

If I open the Bible some of the questions I have asked God were answered in the Bible.

Others questions the answer was either hard to find or just not in there.

This kind of confuses me. Many Christians say if you want to know the truth or God just open the

Bible and you will know.

Why would it be that he does not give us all and every answer right now?

Why do some answers have to wait before they can be answered?

Why does God not grant illumination immediately?

For one thing, God is NOT a vending machine.

For another, neither are you.

When a child demands a thing, his parent does not necessarily give it to him right away.   There are reasons why answers are delayed.

If a human parent possesses such knowledge and love for his child, should not God have more?

“Learning is experience. Everything else is just information.”
- Albert Einstein

God deals with the whole man - not just the mind.  When you experience a thing it stays with you.  95% of all knowledge accumulated in school is lost within 5 years.  That which is learned in life remains for most of the life.  This is why, for example, doctors are required to go through a period of applied theory.  They must employ their knowledge in a working environment so that it 'sticks' by means of physical real world experience.

If it's all in your head it will soon be lost.  

God teaches the heart and the heart is a slow learner.

But the first thing you must learn is patience.

and that's just me, hollering from the choir loft...

• Group:  Removed from Forums for Breaking Terms of Service
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  2
  • Content Count:  194
  • Content Per Day:  0.05
  • Birthday:  10/19/1974

Sometimes little children ask questions, and you start thinking how to answer them, so that they would understand. And you already know upfront that they will not understand the answer, so that you come up with a really simplified answer that children would interpret and digest.

Also, you would know what is important to children, but children do not know yet. And they do not always understand what you do and why you do. This is why God gives us children, as I think, so that we learn and understand what it is like to be a child, and we learn and understand what it is like to be a parent, I think. 

• Followers:  8
  • Topic Count:  59
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  4,402
  • Content Per Day:  0.98
  • Days Won:  28
  • Birthday:  04/26/1971

One day I was reading the scriptures and came across a section that I could clearly understand the words used but it made no sense as to why Jesus said them.  I asked God to help me understand what he was saying.  I took two steps and had instant revelation that clearly depicted the answer to my question and I was amazed.

Another time I was reading the bible and a similar situation arose when I was in Revelation.  I told God that I understood the words but wasn't sure what he meant by them.  I asked for clarity as I had before.  I went back to work and received no direct revelation or answer.  A couple months went by and I had forgotten about my query when all of a sudden I received some information that answered my question.  In hind sight, looking back over the course of the two months that expired since I asked my original question, I was able to see that God, our father, had immediately began to do the ground work to build a foundation of knowledge and understanding through guiding my studies and life so that when the fullness of time came and I was ready to receive it, the answer would become apparent.

I am a father of two small children.  They come to me with some of the most bizarre questions at times that reveal to me what they are lacking in knowledge, understanding and wisdom.  Sometimes I can simply give them an answer to their questions but other times I have to nurture them and guide them into a place where they will finally be able to receive and understand that which they want to know.  They grow in knowledge and understanding just as I do with our father in heaven.

I trust that God is giving me the increase as it is good for me.  Feeding me with spiritual food that is convenient for me.  Milk when I need milk and meat when the fullness of time has arrived.  Can God give me perfect knowledge, understanding and wisdom in all things instantly so that I without need of anything but would that serve his overall purpose for creation?  Probably not.  God bless.

• Followers:  6
  • Topic Count:  230
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  4,941
  • Content Per Day:  0.94
  • Days Won:  14

The best answer is to read the Bible and study it, study, it study it !

If you were to face an atheist and not know the Word of God you are unprepared for the things that will be thrown at you. The same applies to a JW or anyone. You need to be immersed in the Word of God. If not as the poet says - 'Learning is a dangerous thing, drink deep or taste not the Pierian spring'  (from a secondary school Greek poem - never forgotten). So often we learn a little and think we know it all but unless we really learn it all it can be dangerous we can say something that may cause others to stumble.

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  96
  • Topic Count:  308
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  18,152
  • Content Per Day:  4.58
  • Days Won:  327

Dear Waiting,

The Bible tells us there is nothing new under the sun.....some will disagree but I hold every Word to be tried and true.....Some say that now we drive cars and there is nothing in the Bible to tell us about something that would pertain to that ...well they did ride donkeys & if you remember the story of that donkey who refused to go any further & even spoke just think of that someday when your car conks out on the road ...perhaps God is keeping you out of harms way......LOL

Waiting,I do believe that there is an answer to every single question or situation we may come up against in our lives but just not when we want them...the Word tells us to be of good courage and wait on the Lord...trust that His timing is always perfect......more importantly in reading the Word,rather than search for answers ...seek Him,He will reveal Himself in His Word.....our intimate relationship with Him can prove to be much more fulfilling than answers.....sometimes that peace and comfort that comes from spending time with Him is by far more satisfying....Seek His Face,rather than His Hand.....

Be encouraged that He is right beside you just waiting for you to crawl up on His lap & rest your head on His chest...

With love,in Christ-Kwik

• Group:  Removed from Forums for Breaking Terms of Service
  • Topic Count:  2
  • Content Count:  194
  • Content Per Day:  0.05
  • Birthday:  10/19/1974

If you were to face an atheist and not know the Word of God you are unprepared for the things that will be thrown at you.

If by the Word of God you mean Jesus Christ, then I solely agree with you.

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Topic Count:  910
  • Topics Per Day:  0.19
  • Content Count:  9,667
  • Content Per Day:  2.01
  • Days Won:  9

When I do not receive an answer, it is usually because I really do not want the answer, or I'm not ready, or I haven't been studying the Word enough to find it. 

God gives wisdom (answers) to those who seek. It may not be on our time scale, but he does answer.

John 16:13 (NIV)
13 But when he, the Spirit of truth, comes, he will guide you into all truth. He will not speak on his own; he will speak only what he hears, and he will tell you what is yet to come.

1 John 4:1 (NIV)
1 Dear friends, do not believe every spirit, but test the spirits to see whether they are from God, because many false prophets have gone out into the world.

Acts 17:11 (NIV)
11 Now the Bereans were of more noble character than the Thessalonians, for they received the message with great eagerness and examined the Scriptures every day to see if what Paul said was true.

2 Timothy 3:16-17 (NIV)
16 All Scripture is God-breathed and is useful for teaching, rebuking, correcting and training in righteousness,
17 so that the man of God may be thoroughly equipped for every good work.