*Zion*

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  19
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  3,135
  • Content Per Day:  0.69
  • Days Won:  2

In Hosea; God considers Israel as an adulterous wife.  He is the one who tries to woo her into doing what is right.

In Christ

Montana Marv

• Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  1,022
  • Topics Per Day:  0.16
  • Content Count:  39,193
  • Content Per Day:  6.11
  • Days Won:  78

I just noticed this thread now.  There isn't enough information in Revelation 6 to know for sure what the seals are, but I believe they could represent four periods since the Romans dominated the world:

The white horse:   symbol of the crusades: Western Europe's attempt to regain control of Israel for hundreds of years. Finally succeeding in 1917

The red horse:     Communism's attempt to gain control of earth.

The black horse: symbol of banking. Since the fall of communism, the current age when western interests are more focussed on conquering oil rich countries than helping poor countries with their troubles. The rich are wealthier (oil and wine) yet the poor are starving. 

Green/pale horse: symbol of Islam: Islamic law together with the antichrist.

I'm sure you've given this a lot of thought but, seriously, I can't see any of the above in Revelation. 

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  10
  • Content Count:  1,695
  • Content Per Day:  0.45
  • Days Won:  2
  • Birthday:  04/11/1968

I just noticed this thread now.  There isn't enough information in Revelation 6 to know for sure what the seals are, but I believe they could represent four periods since the Romans dominated the world:

The white horse:   symbol of the crusades: Western Europe's attempt to regain control of Israel for hundreds of years. Finally succeeding in 1917

The red horse:     Communism's attempt to gain control of earth.

The black horse: symbol of banking. Since the fall of communism, the current age when western interests are more focussed on conquering oil rich countries than helping poor countries with their troubles. The rich are wealthier (oil and wine) yet the poor are starving. 

Green/pale horse: symbol of Islam: Islamic law together with the antichrist.

I'm sure you've given this a lot of thought but, seriously, I can't see any of the above in Revelation. 

I see a trend in the bible to use the same symbols that society uses.  ie Also the four descriptions match four distinct and consecutive international trends. Maybe you have a better explanation? 

The crusades did use the symbol of the white horse, and they were bent on conquering for many centuries, that fits the wording of the white horse. Communism used the red symbol, and rose up next, and did take peace from the world. Then Western Capitalist Imperialism has dominated the world since the fall of communism (oil and banking interests control government through the lobby system),  there is the wage gap . Banking did use the black horse as their symbol., Loyds still does.  Islam does use the green/pale horse as its actual symbol, and the bible predicts Islamic countries will suddenly invade Israel. I agree with you that this is not conclusive, but am open if you present something better.

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  29
  • Topic Count:  597
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  56,117
  • Content Per Day:  7.56
  • Days Won:  271

Not speaking of anyone specific but just everything in general, some days I read these threads and just have to stand back and shake my head....

• Followers:  39
  • Topic Count:  101
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  7,673
  • Content Per Day:  1.31
  • Days Won:  67

In Hosea; God considers Israel as an adulterous wife.  He is the one who tries to woo her into doing what is right.

In Christ

Montana Marv

So what is right?  There is only one way to heaven, so only one right way.  The Jews do not believe in Jesus yet, they will not believe in Jesus when they re-establish the daily sacrifice at the beginning of the 7 years.  Clearly they have not been wooed yet, nor will they until after the desecration of the temple, which coincides with Jerusalem being given over to the gentiles for 42 months.

The bottom line is, at the end He says,

Hosea 2:16 “In that day,” declares the Lord,

“you will call me ‘my husband’;

you will no longer call me ‘my master.’

• 4 weeks later...

• Group:  Removed from Forums for Breaking Terms of Service
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  8
  • Content Count:  649
  • Content Per Day:  0.17
  • Days Won:  3

The seals show a remarkable parallelism to the signs in the Olivet Discourse (mat 24; etc.).  Following the parallelism, the start of the seals occurs in the time period which Mat 24 calls "The Beginning of Sorrows/Birthpangs."  Since the Abomination of Desolation marks the middle of Dan's 70th week with ensuing persecution, I find that Seal 5 is the middle of Dan's 70th week (commonly, if erroneously called "the Tribulation"), which is the start of the Great Trib.

• 2 weeks later...

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Topics Per Day:  0
  • Content Count:  3
  • Content Per Day:  0.00
  • Days Won:  0

It actually begins in six weeks time.

Edited by OneLight
Removed link to another site.

• Followers:  22
  • Topic Count:  1,294
  • Topics Per Day:  0.21
  • Content Count:  31,762
  • Content Per Day:  5.23
  • Days Won:  115

It actually begins in six weeks time.

Please discuss this issue here and not link to your posts on another site.

It actually begins in six weeks time....

~

From The Very Beginning

Now the serpent was more subtil than any beast of the field which the LORD God had made. And he said unto the woman, Yea, hath God said, Genesis 3:1(A-C )

Dear One To The

I have not written unto you because ye know not the truth, but because ye know it, and that no lie is of the truth.

Who is a liar but he that denieth that Jesus is the Christ? He is antichrist, that denieth the Father and the Son. Whosoever denieth the Son, the same hath not the Father: (but) he that acknowledgeth the Son hath the Father also.

Let that therefore abide in you, which ye have heard from the beginning. If that which ye have heard from the beginning shall remain in you, ye also shall continue in the Son, and in the Father.

And this is the promise that he hath promised us, even eternal life.

These things have I written unto you concerning them that seduce you. 1 John 2:21-26

End

I am come in my Father's name, and ye receive me not: if another shall come in his own name, him ye will receive. John 5:43

It's All About Who You

And I beheld, and I heard the voice of many angels round about the throne and the beasts and the elders: and the number of them was ten thousand times ten thousand, and thousands of thousands;

Saying with a loud voice, Worthy is the Lamb that was slain to receive power, and riches, and wisdom, and strength, and honour, and glory, and blessing.

And every creature which is in heaven, and on the earth, and under the earth, and such as are in the sea, and all that are in them, heard I saying, Blessing, and honour, and glory, and power, be unto him that sitteth upon the throne, and unto the Lamb for ever and ever. Revelation 5:11-13

Will Bow Down To

That at the name of Jesus every knee should bow, of things in heaven, and things in earth, and things under the earth; And that every tongue should confess that Jesus Christ is Lord, to the glory of God the Father. Philippians 2:10-11

~

Believe

But God commendeth his love toward us, in that, while we were yet sinners, Christ died for us. Romans 5:8

And Be Blessed Beloved

And it shall come to pass, that whosoever shall call on the name of the LORD shall be delivered: for in mount Zion and in Jerusalem shall be deliverance, as the LORD hath said, and in the remnant whom the LORD shall call. Joel 2:32

Be Very Blessed

The LORD bless thee, and keep thee:

The LORD make his face shine upon thee, and be gracious unto thee:

The LORD lift up his countenance upon thee, and give thee peace.

And they shall put my name upon the children of Israel; and I will bless them. Numbers 6:24-27

Love, Joe

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  35
  • Topic Count:  100
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  41,180
  • Content Per Day:  7.98
  • Days Won:  76
  • Birthday:  07/27/1957

if there are 37 Christians in a room and you ask those questions you'll get 40 answers for three of them will change their minds before all speak.

As for me, I said with fanfare that we would be raptured in 1981 and Jesus would return in 1988.  I even was proud that people like Hal Lindsey agreed with me.

Well since that was rather foolish of me to do, and obviously I was very wrong, being a highly intelligent sort of fellow it is obvious that at least myself was not supposed to know when this all begins.  everyone thought I was a nut back then and I don't think I want to prove it today.  I do think we started the last generation in 1967; and we are on the last generation, but how long is a generation...........   don't have a clue.

I do think (looking at the shape the world is in today) that it is unlikely most of us will live long enough to see the rapture if he tarries much longer,,,,   but to be absent from here is to be with the Lord.....   so I would assume that's not such a bad deal either

Not me OO ... I will run out the door and down the street to an RX and buy

itchy ear medicine :o Love, Steven