IGNORED

Does God know what He will be doing a trillion years from now?

TruthFirst

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  22
  • Topic Count:  1,294
  • Topics Per Day:  0.21
  • Content Count:  31,762
  • Content Per Day:  5.23
  • Days Won:  115

I hate to say it, because I really don't know who you are Brother, but you seem display a small god, not God.  God being God does not have "new ideas" since He knows all.

• Followers:  34
  • Topic Count:  1,991
  • Topics Per Day:  0.48
  • Content Count:  48,689
  • Content Per Day:  11.80
  • Days Won:  226

I hate to say it, because I really don't know who you are Brother, but you seem display a small god, not God.  God being God does not have "new ideas" since He knows all.

That is what I thought OneLight.I am very cautious about this man's posts.

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  2
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  72
  • Content Per Day:  0.01
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  02/12/1955

Let me understand. You're saying that it is impossible for God to have new thoughts. When He decided to create a universe and free will beings, this was not something new???

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  905
  • Topics Per Day:  0.19
  • Content Count:  9,646
  • Content Per Day:  2.02
  • Days Won:  9

Remember you are talking about three individuals who are the one God.

When all that existed was God, all was in perfect sync and harmony. One of the three knew what the other two knew or thought or felt in a steady state way that transcends what we think of as thought or what we imagine as knowledge or communication. All devoid of any concept of time... dare I say progression? What would mean a trillion trillion trillion centuries to us would be like yesterday to God.

Could you imagine trying to be a stand up comedian with God in the audience?

Did you ever hear the one about---

Yes...

ba dump bump...

Huh okay... that's all folks...

Boooooo

I don't get no respect...

Two of the three individuals who are the one God apparently took a step down from this all knowing state:

Mark 13:31-32 (KJV)
31 Heaven and earth shall pass away: but my words shall not pass away.
32 But of that day and that hour knoweth no man, no, not the angels which are in heaven, neither the Son, but the Father.

Acts 1:6-7 (KJV)
6 When they therefore were come together, they asked of him, saying, Lord, wilt thou at this time restore again the kingdom to Israel?
7 And he said unto them, It is not for you to know the times or the seasons, which the Father hath put in his own power.

1 Corinthians 2:10 (KJV)
10 But God hath revealed them unto us by his Spirit: for the Spirit searcheth all things, yea, the deep things of God.

Just JohnD's conjecture here... I once bounced this off of radio commentator Greg Koukl  who picked the topic of that particular Sunday "Does God Think?" And he gave many reasons why all knowingness left little or no room for what we would consider thought or reason or rationalizing... So I posed this premise... that God the Father remained in the all knowing state while God the Word and God the Spirit took on a lesser state in order to deal with men in the temporal state we live in, and quite possibly the infinite yet progressional state of the angels as well.

This is how it could seem at times God did not know what was coming next and at the same time knew what was coming next since before time began...

...God the Word or God the Spirit did not know what was coming next while God the Father knew since before time began.

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  2
  • Content Count:  72
  • Content Per Day:  0.01
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  02/12/1955

Interesting post JohnDB but I'll have to comment later.. Time for bed.

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  35
  • Topic Count:  100
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  41,194
  • Content Per Day:  7.98
  • Days Won:  76
  • Birthday:  07/27/1957

I would like to add this to all that has been said:

God had told us His Ways go out of our sight and reason...

Rom 11:34-36

34 For who hath known the mind of the Lord? or who hath been

his counsellor? 35 Or who hath first given to him, and it

shall be recompensed unto him again? 36 For of him, and

through him, and to him, are all things: to whom be glory

for ever. Amen.

KJV

being we can still speculate when knowing truth but who would want to form an opinion that will fail because

what God has said will be (not known) no matter our strain against it!

Restating:

when God Says it is beyond us it 'IS' and this becomes a perfect place of obedience in the discipline of

our minds to wait upon God till His bringing us into His Presence and thus

1 John 3:1-2

3 Behold, what manner of love the Father hath bestowed upon us,

that we should be called the sons of God: therefore the world

knoweth us not, because it knew him not. 2 Beloved, now are we

the sons of God, and it doth not yet appear what we shall be:

but we know that, when he shall appear, we shall be like him;

for we shall see him as he is.

KJV

What I like most about His Word 'IS' that it will be fulfilled perfectly to the jot and tittle of God's

Glorious Person of His Son... being revealed not to the instant hamburger crowd of present but the needful

aspect of eternity to worship Him in what He has accomplished already that which we don't rightly reckon

because of present ability and presence of sin...

All yielding to this this particular aspect 'of children' of God as fully resting in wait but not fully knowing...

Matt 18:2-5

2 Then Jesus called a little child to Him, set him in the midst

of them, 3 and said, "Assuredly, I say to you, unless you are

converted and become as little children, you will by no means

enter the kingdom of heaven. 4 Therefore whoever humbles himself

as this little child is the greatest in the kingdom of heaven.

5 Whoever receives one little child like this in My name receives Me.

NKJV

Love, Steven

GOD

Remember the former things of old: for I am God, and there is none else; I am God, and there is none like me, Declaring the end from the beginning, and from ancient times the things that are not yet done, saying, My counsel shall stand, and I will do all my pleasure: Isaiah 46:9-10

~

Does God know what He will be doing a trillion years from now?

~

Father

Hast thou not known? hast thou not heard, that the everlasting God, the LORD, the Creator of the ends of the earth, fainteth not, neither is weary? there is no searching of his understanding. Isaiah 40:28

SON

All things are delivered unto me of my Father: and no man knoweth the Son, but the Father; neither knoweth any man the Father, save the Son, and he to whomsoever the Son will reveal him. Matthew 11:27

Holy Ghost

Howbeit when he, the Spirit of truth, is come, he will guide you into all truth: for he shall not speak of himself; but whatsoever he shall hear, that shall he speak: and he will shew you things to come. He shall glorify me: for he shall receive of mine, and shall shew it unto you. All things that the Father hath are mine: therefore said I, that he shall take of mine, and shall shew it unto you. John 16:13-15

• Followers:  10
  • Topic Count:  5,823
  • Topics Per Day:  0.76
  • Content Count:  45,870
  • Content Per Day:  5.95
  • Days Won:  83
  • Birthday:  11/19/1970

Psalm 131

1 O LORD, my heart is not proud, nor my eyes haughty ; Nor do I involve myself in great matters, Or in things too difficult for me.

2 Surely I have composed and quieted my soul ; Like a weaned child rests against his mother, My soul is like a weaned child within me.

3 O Israel, hope in the LORD From this time forth and forever .

Isaiah 1:18 Come now, and let us reason together, saith the Lord...

Because David wasn't confident in reasoning things doesn't mean we can't. Do you think God is threatened by our questions?

So if God can't change His mind, and is stuck in a hamster wheel, knowing everything before it comes to pass (which would sugest past and future), does that mean that I was always in the mind of God, although without bodily form, and therefore gives me the quality or attribute of being eternal like God? Always in His mind, forever in His presence, sounds like eternal to me. Humm! Heaven forbid!

I was wondering what your agenda was with this odd question...OK, actually I still don't understand.

In any event, Isaiah 1:18 is used out of context here.

16 "Wash yourselves, make yourselves clean ; Remove the evil of your deeds from My sight . Cease to do evil, 17 Learn to do good ; Seek justice, Reprove the ruthless, Defend the orphan, Plead for the widow.

18 "Come now, and let us reason together," Says the LORD, "Though your sins are as scarlet, They will be as white as snow ; Though they are red like crimson, They will be like wool. 19 "If you consent and obey, You will eat the best of the land ; 20 "But if you refuse and rebel, You will be devoured by the sword." Truly, the mouth of the LORD has spoken.

God was not inviting dialogue about theological challenges; rather, He was imploring for the people who had turned from Him to reconcile with Him. There is a huge difference here with the verse in context and how you manipulated it.

Insulting David? This is a very disturbing way for you to interpret this Psalm. I am wondering, is this what you believed about the Psalm before I quoted it in response to your question, or is this your attempt at being manipulative?

What I see here is that you've put the mind of God into a human box, using naturalistic reasoning to explain His supernatural essence.

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  8
  • Content Count:  450
  • Content Per Day:  0.11
  • Days Won:  1

Does the future exist or do we have faith and believe the plans will follow thru ?

If the future is already existing its God who made it right ? He just sits back and watch the replay.

or

We know God cannot die, he is forever and does he makes his plans happen day by day.

Edited by Bible_Gazer

• Followers:  22
  • Topic Count:  1,294
  • Topics Per Day:  0.21
  • Content Count:  31,762
  • Content Per Day:  5.23
  • Days Won:  115

Let me understand. You're saying that it is impossible for God to have new thoughts. When He decided to create a universe and free will beings, this was not something new???

Tell me what "new thought" an all knowing God would have?  Do you believe God is omniscience?