Marilyn C

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  19
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  3,134
  • Content Per Day:  0.69
  • Days Won:  2

Wilderness can mean, not an easy place for humans to live; an isolated spot or place.  Here in Montana we have some beaustiful "Wilderness areas", Mountains, Snow, Lakes, Streams, Abundant wildlife or an area which is untouched by man - so to speak.

Or as Scripture says.   In those days John the Baptist came preaching in the Desert of Judea.....  Fulfilling Isa 40:3 - A voice of one calling: in the desert prepare the way for the Lord, make straight in the wilderness a highway for our God.

In Christ

Montana Marv

• Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  19
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  3,134
  • Content Per Day:  0.69
  • Days Won:  2

other one

And now to the yes part.

Sometimes we must go into the desert, the top of the mountain, into the closest to get out from under distractions, so when we converse with God in more of a one to one basis.  John may have been brought to the desert for the vision only, as you said, not because it was the location of the whore of Babylon (which I said), but to get out from distractions, to get a better glimpse.  Yet Babylon itself is on the edge of the desert, it is in an agricultural complex with the Euphrates River, a very livable place.  Maybe someone else can put their two cents worth in, but then we may have a third opinion.  You are muddying up my waters.

In Christ

Montana Marv

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  29
  • Topic Count:  596
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  56,047
  • Content Per Day:  7.56
  • Days Won:  271

Well, take note of this.....      Babylon in the first century was a code word for Rome.....        Washington DC is built on seven hills and technically is a city state contained in itself.  The laws within the Capitol complex is Lex Fori which is the old Roman Tyrannical law.     Upon the swearing in of our presidents the upper levels of the 33rd degree masons in the temple in Washington hold a ritual of raising Osiris to enter the president to guide our country.  The head temple of masonry is located in the small one mile square part of London called the City of London which is also a city state all on it's own and holds most of the wealth of the world.  you can trace the teachings of Semiramis (Nimrod's wife) through the Sumerians, Egyptians, Romans, Rosecrutions, Templar's and various secret societies including Masons that set up the beginnings of the USA.......    and Satan has been behind it all and still is.   Satan owns Washington DC lock stock and barrel.

That should either clear up your water or dam up the river and leave it all dry.

• Followers:  30
  • Topic Count:  266
  • Topics Per Day:  0.07
  • Content Count:  13,190
  • Content Per Day:  3.50
  • Days Won:  12
  • Birthday:  10/06/1947

Good point Montana Marv, re: desert. And we need to also note that God shows John what God wants him to see.

Spock,

You said `I do not see the literal city of Babylon in the later testament, I then assume the Jeremiah passage cannot be talking about the period just before the second coming.`

But remember, Spock, you said that Babylon has not yet fallen, so it obviously has to as God`s word is true. So it is very close to the end-time & Babylon has yet to be fully dealt with.

You also said that you are `to find contentment in not quite being sure.` I would encourage you to continue `to be diligent to present yourself to God as a workman who does not need to be ashamed, handling accurately the word of truth.`  (2 Tim. 2: 15) Keep studying, keep pressing in......

Shiloh 357,

Well you are a breath of fresh air! Where did you receive that revelation, teachers? study of the word?

other one,

As to Babylon on the 7 hills. God explains what the 7 hills are in His word.

`Here is the mind which has wisdom. The 7 heads are 7 mountains on which the woman sits, & they are 7 kings;.....`  (Rev. 17: 9 & 10)

The `woman on the beast,` as we know is symbolic & God explains His symbols to us. Otherwise we are left to all sorts of opinions & speculations, ay.

Hi other one,  so true...yet..

Satan not only owns Washington but the whole world.

`the whole world lies in the power of the evil one.`  (1 John 5: 19)

I have been very interested in reading the scriptures that inchrist directed us to - Jeremiah 51 & Isaiah 13. So I thought I would match 2 important points the Lord said regarding Babylon from Isaiah  & Jeremiah with Revelation 18. This is in regard to the final judgment of the city of Babylon.

JUDGMENT WITH FIRE.

God told Isaiah that Babylon would eventually be overthrown, burned with fire & never to be inhabited again.

``And Babylon, the glory of kingdoms, the beauty of the Chaldean`s pride, (Assyrians) will be as when God overthrew Sodom & Gomorrah. It will never be inhabited again.` (Isa. 13: 19 & 20)

God later showed John how the kings, the merchants, bewailed for the city was burning with fire.

`The kings....& the merchants....cried out when they saw the smoke of her burning, saying, `What is like this great city?`  (Babylon)......For in one hour she is made desolate.`  (Rev. 18: 18 & 19)

JUDGMENT - THROWN DOWN.

God told Jeremiah to tell the man giving the king God`s judgment to tie the prophecy on the scroll with a stone & throw it into the middle of the Euphrates. 

`Now it shall be, when you have finished reading this book (scroll), that you shall tie a stone to it & throw it out into the Euphrates. Thus you shall say, `Thus Babylon shall sink & not rise from the catastrophe that I will bring upon her.`   (Jer. 51: 62 - 64)

Then later God showed John a mighty angel who did an enactment of what would happen to Babylon.

`Then a mighty angel took up a stone like a great millstone & threw it into the sea, (or large river) saying, `Thus with violence the great city of Babylon shall be thrown down, & shall not be found any more.`  (Rev. 18: 21)

We know God`s word is true & this event will come to pass. We need but to wait & watch.

Guest shiloh357

Shiloh 357,

Well you are a breath of fresh air! Where did you receive that revelation, teachers? study of the word?

The book of Revelation tells us all about it.  Too often people think that everything in Revelation is symbolic.  Much of the confusion about this book stems from the fact that people are assuming symbolism and trying to fill in the blanks themselves.   If people would just let the Bible speak for itself, not even Revelation is hard to understand.   God means what He says.

There is Babylon the Great, the Harlot which is the one-world religious system that the antichrist will eventually destroy (Rev. 17:16).   But there is also the city of Babylon which sits by the Euphrates river, which is the object of God's judgment, the city over which the world will mourn when God destroys it in an instant. (Rev. 18).  It really is that simple. 

The antichrist will rule from the rebuilt city of Babylon (he will finish its rebuilding) and that city will be mourned because the city of Babylon will be the center of commerce during the Tribulation period.

No one mourns the loss of the Harlot because their focus is on worshiping the antichrist.  But the rulers of the earth, the merchants of the earth and the ship masters will mourn the fall of the city of Babylon.  That these are political leaders and business men and those who were in the shipping business mourn her loss indicate that we are talking about the loss of an actual city.

• Followers:  8
  • Topic Count:  29
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  3,239
  • Content Per Day:  0.86
  • Days Won:  6

Shiloh,

Sorry to disagree with you but I think you need to go a wee bit deeper on this one. The literal city of Babylon makes no sense in the context. Also, just because the word says Babylon doesn't mean it is always referring to the literal city of Babylon. See 1 peter 5 for one example.

I wish it were that easy bro.

Oh, and if you think the entire book of Rev is literal, I would like to have some of that coffee you are drinking.

Guest shiloh357
Sorry to disagree with you but I think you need to go a wee bit deeper on this one. The literal city of Babylon makes no sense in the context.

Actually everything about the context says that it is the literal city of Babylon that is in view.  In Chapter 18 it is referred to as a city (vv. 10, 16, 18, 19 and 21).  There are other things that indicate that a literal city is in view.   The entire chapter describes it as a city and so there is nothing in the context to say otherwise.   The OT specifically prophesys the destruction of the city of Babylon in ways that have not yet happened historically. (Isa. 13: 19-22; 14:22-23; Jer. 50:13, 39 and 51:37)   Those prophecies have not come to pass yet.  So we are still waiting for the final destruction of the city of Babylon.

Also, just because the word says Babylon doesn't mean it is always referring to the literal city of Babylon. See 1 peter 5 for one example.

True  and so I guess it's a good thing I didn't actually make that claim, isn't it?    You really shouldn't mix this with Peter's reference.  Two different contexts.  It is wrong to use I Pet. 5:13 to interpret Revelation 18.

Oh, and if you think the entire book of Rev is literal, I would like to have some of that coffee you are drinking.

I didn't say that either.    You really need to stop trying to refute arguments I didn't raise.  That's a waste of your time.  

what I actually said was the the entire book isn't symbolic. I didn't say that there is no symbolism occurs in the book.

• Followers:  96
  • Topic Count:  306
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  18,130
  • Content Per Day:  4.63
  • Days Won:  327

Blessings Spock

Good morning Brother,good to see you here this morning ,Praise the Lord!I was just having my coffee,you know,the same coffee that Shiloh drinks-lol

May I ask,what does the sister church(She) in the actual city of Babylon of 1Peter 5:13 differ in what Shiloh is saying,,,,it is still  referring to the actual city.......

If the event in Rev is to be as the destruction of Sodom & Gomorrah was ,that will be cataclysmic & unlike anything we have ever seen ,I would think..What would make ou not believe the Word of God is literally speaking of Babylon?

With love-in Christ,Kwik