IGNORED

What is the purpose of the judgement in Revelation 20?

OakWood

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  29
  • Topic Count:  595
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  56,036
  • Content Per Day:  7.56
  • Days Won:  271

11 Then I saw a great white throne and him who was seated on it. The earth and the heavens fled from his presence, and there was no place for them. 12 And I saw the dead, great and small, standing before the throne, and books were opened. Another book was opened, which is the book of life. The dead were judged according to what they had done as recorded in the books.

Why are they being judged according to their deeds? What is the purpose of this? I can't make sense of it.

Firstly the Genesis earthly realm and heaven is dissolved, meaning it is erased from existence. This is the climax to the end of the world and existence as human beings on earth. This is when the seventh angel blows the seventh trumpet and declares time no longer.

Therefore is is at the end of the millennium time given to the two symbolic witnesses to preach the everlasting gospel to the ends of the earth, then the end will come. The two symbolic witnesses are all the faithful who hold the testimony of Jesus. Therefore we can discern that these symbolic two witnesses have been preaching when Jesus commissioned the disciples in the great commission to preach the gospel to the world. From the 1st hour workmen to the 11th the gospel will be preached until satan martyrs the church. Thus far the symbolic two witnesses have been preaching for almost 2000 years and the gospel has spread far and wide in all the earth.

The two books that are opened are the book of life and the book of the condemned. Just remember that the reaping of the great harvest of God or the first resurrection encompasses the time period when the two symbolic witnesses are preaching the gospel and being killed in numbers throughout the world and throughout all generations.

The expression the dead who remained dead after their earthly bodies died and who had no part in the resurrection of the dead (first resurrection) are now facing the final judgement, that is of the wicked, which is to second death, the death of the soul in the lake of fire, this is why scripture states that at the end both death and hell shall be cast into the lake of fire. At this point all those who were written in the book of life have already entered in as guests to the wedding supper of the lamb of God and those that remained dead serving time in hell have waited out the symbolic millennium to then finally be executed in the lake of fire. At this point death is no longer in play because all humans are dead and those serving in hell can not continue passed this point,so they are annihilated / erased forever.

HOW did you get that the earth disappears at the 7th Angel? John covers that even after the 1000 years is finished, yet John covers the 7th trumpet as a MIDPOINT event in the 70th week. Therefore, your timing is WRONG. You are WRONG AGAIN; there is not one hint that the lake of fire annihilates forever. On the other hand, there are many verses that deny such a theory. All humans will live or exist as long as God exists. They will SUFFER forever.

LAMAD

you sure use that word wrong a lot

If, as a nonbeliever, you were judged by your works, how would you do?

-if judged by biblical standards, you'd obviously fail (all have sinned and fallen short, etc)

-I suggest, even if judged by your own standards, whatever they may be, you will still fall short.

By the most lenient standard you can devise, man is without excuse if he denies the free gift of Christ's redemption.

Tangentially, this is the point of the final Gog/Magog battle- that even after a thousand years without satan's influence, men will still have a sin nature, and will still choose to follow a leader and rebel against God.

Everybody falls short but you don't have to get 100% in an exam to pass it. If being judged by your works means balancing the good against the bad and the good outweighs the bad then you might pass the test. Just saying.

Anyway, that's not the point. The point is we are told that faith not works gives us salvation and no amount of good works will get you salvation if you haven't accepted Jesus.

Good point. Jesus Christ is the ONLY doorway to heaven. Note that "the books" were opened but also the book of Life was opened. It is the Lamb's book, and the only way to get your name there was to accept Jesus Christ [the Lamb of God] as their Savior. These being judged came from hell anyway. I think God will show them (by their works) exactly WHY they are doomed to the lake of fire. Each one will have NO DOUBT as to why.

LAMAD

do you have scripture for that

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  23
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  8,272
  • Content Per Day:  2.09
  • Days Won:  4

-if judged by biblical standards, you'd obviously fail (all have sinned and fallen short, etc)

-I suggest, even if judged by your own standards, whatever they may be, you will still fall short.

By the most lenient standard you can devise, man is without excuse if he denies the free gift of Christ's redemption.

Tangentially, this is the point of the final Gog/Magog battle- that even after a thousand years without satan's influence, men will still have a sin nature, and will still choose to follow a leader and rebel against God.

Everybody falls short but you don't have to get 100% in an exam to pass it. If being judged by your works means balancing the good against the bad and the good outweighs the bad then you might pass the test. Just saying.

Anyway, that's not the point. The point is we are told that faith not works gives us salvation and no amount of good works will get you salvation if you haven't accepted Jesus.

Good point. Jesus Christ is the ONLY doorway to heaven. Note that "the books" were opened but also the book of Life was opened. It is the Lamb's book, and the only way to get your name there was to accept Jesus Christ [the Lamb of God] as their Savior. These being judged came from hell anyway. I think God will show them (by their works) exactly WHY they are doomed to the lake of fire. Each one will have NO DOUBT as to why.

LAMAD

It is rather several scriptures together: first, Jesus said HE ALONE is the one doorway into heaven, for there is NO OTHER NAME whereby anyone can be saved. Then we read that all whose names were NOT written in the Lamb's book of life were lost. Then we read that the LAMB is also the Lion of the Tribe of Judah, the Lord Jesus Christ Himself. It is HIS BOOK with His name on it. Logic then tells me the ONLY way to get one's name in that book is the RECEIVE the Lamb as the Savior of the world and as a PERSONAL savior. It makes sense; those that are HIS - that belong to Him, are written in HIS BOOK.

I don't know about you, but I WANT my name there in HIS book.

LAMAD

11 Then I saw a great white throne and him who was seated on it. The earth and the heavens fled from his presence, and there was no place for them. 12 And I saw the dead, great and small, standing before the throne, and books were opened. Another book was opened, which is the book of life. The dead were judged according to what they had done as recorded in the books.

Why are they being judged according to their deeds? What is the purpose of this? I can't make sense of it.

Firstly the Genesis earthly realm and heaven is dissolved, meaning it is erased from existence. This is the climax to the end of the world and existence as human beings on earth. This is when the seventh angel blows the seventh trumpet and declares time no longer.

Therefore is is at the end of the millennium time given to the two symbolic witnesses to preach the everlasting gospel to the ends of the earth, then the end will come. The two symbolic witnesses are all the faithful who hold the testimony of Jesus. Therefore we can discern that these symbolic two witnesses have been preaching when Jesus commissioned the disciples in the great commission to preach the gospel to the world. From the 1st hour workmen to the 11th the gospel will be preached until satan martyrs the church. Thus far the symbolic two witnesses have been preaching for almost 2000 years and the gospel has spread far and wide in all the earth.

The two books that are opened are the book of life and the book of the condemned. Just remember that the reaping of the great harvest of God or the first resurrection encompasses the time period when the two symbolic witnesses are preaching the gospel and being killed in numbers throughout the world and throughout all generations.

The expression the dead who remained dead after their earthly bodies died and who had no part in the resurrection of the dead (first resurrection) are now facing the final judgement, that is of the wicked, which is to second death, the death of the soul in the lake of fire, this is why scripture states that at the end both death and hell shall be cast into the lake of fire. At this point all those who were written in the book of life have already entered in as guests to the wedding supper of the lamb of God and those that remained dead serving time in hell have waited out the symbolic millennium to then finally be executed in the lake of fire. At this point death is no longer in play because all humans are dead and those serving in hell can not continue passed this point,so they are annihilated / erased forever.

HOW did you get that the earth disappears at the 7th Angel? John covers that even after the 1000 years is finished, yet John covers the 7th trumpet as a MIDPOINT event in the 70th week. Therefore, your timing is WRONG. You are WRONG AGAIN; there is not one hint that the lake of fire annihilates forever. On the other hand, there are many verses that deny such a theory. All humans will live or exist as long as God exists. They will SUFFER forever.

LAMAD

I know. It is sad. But there is a good reason; people continue to write things against the word of God. that makes what they write WRONG. Example here was writing that the time the heaven and earth dissolve is the very same time as the 7th angel. Such a theory is preposterous. I could have said WRONG about his take on the Two Witnesses. But I let that go.

Occasionally I will write "good job," when someone gets something right.

LAMAD

• Followers:  9
  • Topic Count:  84
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  4,011
  • Content Per Day:  1.13

I know. It is sad. But there is a good reason; people continue to write things against the word of God. that makes what they write WRONG. Example here was writing that the time the heaven and earth dissolve is the very same time as the 7th angel. Such a theory is preposterous. I could have said WRONG about his take on the Two Witnesses. But I let that go.

LAMAD

With end times prophecy being largely symbolic and multifaceted, have you ever considered the possibility that you might be wrong?  No need to answer that in this thread because we all know how we "should" respond to that question.  Answer that question in the way that you engage in discussion. 

LAMAD

It is rather several scriptures together: first, Jesus said HE ALONE is the one doorway into heaven, for there is NO OTHER NAME whereby anyone can be saved. Then we read that all whose names were NOT written in the Lamb's book of life were lost. Then we read that the LAMB is also the Lion of the Tribe of Judah, the Lord Jesus Christ Himself. It is HIS BOOK with His name on it. Logic then tells me the ONLY way to get one's name in that book is the RECEIVE the Lamb as the Savior of the world and as a PERSONAL savior. It makes sense; those that are HIS - that belong to Him, are written in HIS BOOK.

LAMAD

the references I can find relate that people's names were written in the book from the beginning of time.....   not from being baptized.......   so as long as we are using common logic, I would guess that everyone's name is in the book from the beginning and then names are removed for different reasons........   or God picked out the ones to be saved from the start and made many people simply to throw in the fires of hell and they never had a chance of salvation.

If you have any real scripture and not conjecture that people's names are written anytime after the start of things, I would really like to see it......   it's been something I've been looking for, for many years.

LAMAD

LAMAD

the references I can find relate that people's names were written in the book from the beginning of time.....   not from being baptized.......   so as long as we are using common logic, I would guess that everyone's name is in the book from the beginning and then names are removed for different reasons........   or God picked out the ones to be saved from the start and made many people simply to throw in the fires of hell and they never had a chance of salvation.

If you have any real scripture and not conjecture that people's names are written anytime after the start of things, I would really like to see it......   it's been something I've been looking for, for many years.

It is my guess that every human born is added to the book when they are born, but when they get to the age of accountability and sin, their names are blotted out. Perhaps you are right - God knew the entire human race and the names were added before earth was created. It is only guesswork because God does not tell us. I will NEVER believe Calvin's doctrine that we have no part in it - simply because it is not scriptural. I believe we make a choice, as in "freewill" Baptist. I CHOSE to come to God when the Holy Spirit drew me. The human WILL has much to do with our salvation.

Again I believe we can make choices that will cause our names to be blotted out. I think all humans sin after the age of accountibility, and must come to the place of repentance and believing that Jesus' blood washes away their sins. We are all born with Adam's DNA and that disqualifies all humans from heaven except for those God declares innocent. Babies are most certainly innocent. With Adam's DNA, all humans MUST be born again after the age of accountability. (Aborted babies will ALL make it to heaven.)

It would be VERY DIFFICULT for a beginning Christ to get their name blotted out, for God has GREAT mercy. I think Hebrews 6 gives us a chain of events that can lead to someone's name being blotted out.

Of course God could have given us MUCH MORE in relation to this book of life, but chose not to. I believe this means we know enough.

Good point.

LAMAD

LAMAD

With end times prophecy being largely symbolic and multifaceted, have you ever considered the possibility that you might be wrong?  No need to answer that in this thread because we all know how we "should" respond to that question.  Answer that question in the way that you engage in discussion. 

I will answer this way: did Paul have any doubt at all about HIS gospel he received through God revealing it to Him? He did not go up to Jerusalem and confer with those who were "somewhat" among the brethren until much later. He went right out and began to teach what God had revealed to him. I only know what has been revealed to me. But what has been revealed I know very well, just as Paul knew his revelations very well. I don't mean I ate too much pizza and thought I imagined some dream. No, God SPOKE and I listened. I heard His voice and His words. I am not ashamed of that, for it is written, "my sheep know my voice." HOW can we know His voice? Because we HEAR His voice. However, I never heard His voice until I had been born again for many years.

I was just minding my own business, reading Daniel 9:27, and when my eyes and my mind got to the word "midst" suddenly God spoke:  "you could find that exact midpoint clearly marked in the book of Revelation." That was the beginning of much teaching that came from the Holy Spirit.

LAMAD

• Followers:  9
  • Topic Count:  84
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  4,011
  • Content Per Day:  1.13

LAMAD

I will answer this way: did Paul have any doubt at all about HIS gospel he received through God revealing it to Him? He did not go up to Jerusalem and confer with those who were "somewhat" among the brethren until much later. He went right out and began to teach what God had revealed to him. I only know what has been revealed to me. But what has been revealed I know very well, just as Paul knew his revelations very well. I don't mean I ate too much pizza and thought I imagined some dream. No, God SPOKE and I listened. I heard His voice and His words. I am not ashamed of that, for it is written, "my sheep know my voice." HOW can we know His voice? Because we HEAR His voice. However, I never heard His voice until I had been born again for many years.

I was just minding my own business, reading Daniel 9:27, and when my eyes and my mind got to the word "midst" suddenly God spoke:  "you could find that exact midpoint clearly marked in the book of Revelation." That was the beginning of much teaching that came from the Holy Spirit.

LAMAD

I can't question your experiences but I do know that anything that God reveals to anyone will not contradict his written word.  How we understand what He reveals to us through a dream or vision or voice must harmonize with what has already been written.

My point was that your posts tend to come across as a bit condescending.  If God has given you something to share, share it in love.  Don't try to force-feed it.  It's the Holy Spirit who leads us into an understanding of the truth and shows us the things to come.

"Love is patient, love is kind and is not jealous; love does not brag and is not arrogant, does not act unbecomingly; it does not seek its own, is not provoked, does not take into account a wrong suffered, does not rejoice in unrighteousness, but rejoices with the truth; bears all things, believes all things, hopes all things, endures all things."  1 Corinthians 13:4-7

Maybe some more time in Arabia is warranted?

• Group:  Junior Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Topics Per Day:  0
  • Content Count:  167
  • Content Per Day:  0.05
  • Days Won:  0

11 Then I saw a great white throne and him who was seated on it. The earth and the heavens fled from his presence, and there was no place for them. 12 And I saw the dead, great and small, standing before the throne, and books were opened. Another book was opened, which is the book of life. The dead were judged according to what they had done as recorded in the books.

LAMAD

For the sake of Christ's truth, please give me the courtesy to respond to your statement rather than cutting me off like that. I want to only serve and do not want to give the wrong impression that I am better than you or anyone else.

I will make a statement of belief then I will elaborate on the point that the seventh angel is The Lord who blows the seventh trumpet and declares time no longer.

My statement of belief is related to a vision shown to me and that is of The Lord blowing the seventh trumpet from the East whilst standing on a chariot in the night sky, with the heavenly city New Jerusalem which was suspended in the sky, glowing with all the colours of the rainbow and was in two halves, half towards the northern hemisphere and the other half towards the Southern Hemisphere.

In the versus below the seventh angel is declared to have dominion over the sea and the earth which symbolises it when he is said to be standing upon them. The sea represents peoples and the earth represents earth/creation/Genesis. He is pictured as the Son of Man the Christ, because just like Jesus of Nazareth swears by his higher authority as the Father (John 1:1-4). He declares time no longer, which literally means no earthly time, the end of earth.

Revelation 10:5-6

And the angel which I saw stand upon the sea and upon the earth lifted up his hand to heaven, And sware by him that liveth for ever and ever, who created heaven, and the things that therein are, and the earth, and the things that therein are, and the sea, and the things which are therein, that there should be time no longer:

Revelation 10:7 below declares that the mystery of God is finished when he, who is the the seventh angel, who is the Son of Man, who had initially revealed the mystery to his servants the prophets, ends up blowing his trumpet. When the mystery of God is said to be finished at the sounding of the seventh trumpet, then that declares an end to the earthly realm, because everything would have been passed over to the Father through death and onto resurrection, so that the saying God may be all in all (1 Corinthians 15:28). The mystery of God is not yet finished if there are humans still living because Saint Paul in the previous verse said that The last enemy to be destroyed is death, meaning it will no longer continue from that point onward. At this junction everyone is dead and all those who were bidden to the wedding supper of the lamb of God have arrived through the resurrection of the dead (first resurrection) and those that had not entered and who were serving in hell are annihilated in the lake of fire, the second death, the death of the soul. Past this point death and hell cannot continue.

Look at:

Revelation 20:14-15

And death and hell were cast into the lake of fire. This is the second death. And whosoever was not found written in the book of life was cast into the lake of fire.

This verse essentially says that those that were not found in the book of life were discarded of for good, meaning they have been erased from the plan of God and this signals the end of hell and the end of death itself because everyone has died and either has entered into Christ's heavenly barn through the resurrection as one of his many angelic hosts of heaven (white cloud) that he sits on, or they have waited out their time period in the darkness of hell and now face the day of final execution in the lake of fire, the second death.

1 Corinthians 15:28

When he has done this, then the Son himself will be made subject to him who put everything under him, so that God may be all in all.

Revelation 10:7

But in the days of the voice of the seventh angel, when he shall begin to sound, the mystery of God should be finished, as he hath declared to his servants the prophets.

When the declaration Rev. 11:15 is made, the earthly kingdoms have all passed away never to be found and the reign of Christ continues even forever. This indicates an end to man made earthly kingdoms and in that regard the end of the world. Remembering what God has decreed from long ago according to Isaiah versus below:

Isaiah 14:21-23

Prepare slaughter for his children for the iniquity of their fathers; that they do not rise, nor possess the land, nor fill the face of the world with cities. For I will rise up against them, saith the Lord of hosts, and cut off from Babylon the name, and remnant, and son, and nephew, saith the Lord. I will also make it a possession for the bittern, and pools of water: and I will sweep it with the besom of destruction, saith the Lord of hosts.

Revelation 11:15

And the seventh angel sounded; and there were great voices in heaven, saying, The kingdoms of this world are become the kingdoms of our Lord, and of his Christ; and he shall reign for ever and ever.

In Rev.16:17 and in context to Rev. 16:20 the DEED IS DONE! and we have every island fleeing away and the mountains were not found. If you consider mountains in a literal sense as literal mountains or as spiritual as congregation of peoples, then you have the same message, that is, no one is there, everyone is dead. Isaiah puts it poetically as follows:

Isaiah 14:7-8

7All the lands are at rest and at peace; they break into singing. 8Even the junipers and the cedars of Lebanon gloat over you and say,

“Now that you have been laid low, no one comes to cut us down.”

The lands of the world are at rest because there is no human around to come and cut them down in the first place, let alone trees left to cut down. Everything is gone, burnt up.

Revelation 16:17

And the seventh angel poured out his vial into the air; and there came a great voice out of the temple of heaven, from the throne, saying, It is done.

Revelation 16:20

And every island fled away, and the mountains were not found.

So the seventh trumpet sounding is the end to all earthly things, the fat lady has sung and there is no turning back.

Edited by Defending the Name