• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  733
  • Topics Per Day:  0.10
  • Content Count:  3,017
  • Content Per Day:  0.43
  • Days Won:  1
  • Birthday:  04/09/1966

Hello and welcome, Mr. Nice!  Great topic for conversation.  Looking forward to it.

• Group:  Removed from Forums for Breaking Terms of Service
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  3
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  118
  • Content Per Day:  0.03
  • Days Won:  0

First let me make my above question clear. I agree with man it is impossible to walk blamessly before our God, but through God all things are possible. If all things are possible through Him who is able to keep us from stumbling, Jude 24-25, and who will provide a way of escape from all temptation, 1 Corinthians 10:13, why do peple believe we can not walk blamessly in this life? This is walking blameless through His Spirit (the Helper, Comforter, Spirit of Truth, Spirit of Grace, etc.), the same Spirit through whom Christ was able to offer Himself without blemmish on the cross. This brings up another question. Could Jesus have sinned having come as a man who was tempted just as we are?

If we cannot walk blameless why did Christ command us to be perfect as our Father in heaven is perfect? Why did Paul pray that we would be able to walk blameless until the Lord returns, Philippians 1:8-11? How could John say "as He is so are we in this world", 1 John 4:15-21? How can we prove ourselves to be blameless and innocent children of God in a perverse generation, Philippians 2:14-16, if we continue to commit willful sin? Why are we told we can extinguish all the flaming arrows of Satan if we have faith, Ephesians 6:16, if we cannot walk without committing sin as a Christian? I have many more questions but I will wait.

• Followers:  22
  • Topic Count:  1,294
  • Topics Per Day:  0.21
  • Content Count:  31,762
  • Content Per Day:  5.23
  • Days Won:  115

Welcome.  Now that you have 5 posts, you can post in almost all other forums.  Here is a link to the forums themselves.  You can see that some forums have sub-forums, each forum title explains what the topics should be.  The Outer Court is the only area where nonbelievers can post.

• Followers:  39
  • Topic Count:  101
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  7,673
  • Content Per Day:  1.31
  • Days Won:  67

welcome to worthy :)

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  68
  • Topic Count:  186
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  14,242
  • Content Per Day:  3.33
  • Days Won:  30

Welcome. There is a balance. To those who think when they are saved they can continue to live a sinful lifestyle, God admonishes to turn away from wickedness and walk in the Spirit. To those who continually fail in their struggle against sin and cannot forgive themselves, He comforts with the the knowledge that He sees them as bearing in themselves the righteousness of Christ. God tries to spare us the misery of the hell we make of our lives by living in sin. He came to bring us an abundant life full of joy, peace and the fruit of the Spirit. I do agree with Shiloh.

Blessings,

Willa

Romans 4:20-25; 5:20-6:2, 23;, 7:4; 8:1, 31-34

Galatians 5: 13-14, 16-18; 6:7-9

John 10:10; 13:34-35

• Group:  Removed from Forums for Breaking Terms of Service
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  3
  • Content Count:  118
  • Content Per Day:  0.03

Please provide scripture for what you believe otherwise it will only be opinions of man and not necessarily truth.  Even the verse you have at the bottom of your post states the opposite of what you believe.  The people had to turn from their wicked ways (do them no longer) in order for their sins to be forgiven and their prayers heard.  His command has always been to obey His voice with the result of destruction if we do not.   Christ's death on the cross opened the way so that we can obey God's voice. 

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  11
  • Topic Count:  16
  • Content Count:  190
  • Content Per Day:  0.04
  • Birthday:  02/26/1970

Welcome to worthy mr nice

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  6
  • Topic Count:  22
  • Content Count:  903
  • Content Per Day:  0.20
  • Birthday:  05/03/1952

I think I know where you're going with this, Mr. Nice--and if I'm wrong, please correct me--but trying to say it's works that keep you sanctified is like traveling by pogo stick though a minefield: you're never able to truly rest, and you're always afraid the slightest misstep will destroy you. That's no way to live.

Jesus did it all, does it all, and will continue to do it all for me. I rest in that promise, and brother, it's sweet.

Guest shiloh357

F

If we cannot walk blameless why did Christ command us to be perfect as our Father in heaven is perfect?

The word "perfect" in the Greek is not referring to flawless perfection.   It refers to maturity and completeness with God as our plumline.  We are not commanded to be as flawless as He is; that would be an absurd, unreachable goal as God's perfection cannot be obtained by any creature.

Why did Paul pray that we would be able to walk blameless until the Lord returns, Philippians 1:8-11?

In the Greek it means to live inoffensively.   It doesn't mean to live without committing a single sin, as you seem to interpret it.  It means that the world cannot accuse us of hypocrisy or of being two-faced, living one way and preaching something else.  It is referring to the general character of the Christian life being blameless and faultless.  But in no way does it mean we are live without ever committing a single sin.

• Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  683
  • Topics Per Day:  0.12
  • Content Count:  11,128
  • Content Per Day:  2.00
  • Days Won:  54
  • Birthday:  12/07/1952

F

If we cannot walk blameless why did Christ command us to be perfect as our Father in heaven is perfect?

The word "perfect" in the Greek is not referring to flawless perfection.   It refers to maturity and completeness with God as our plumline.  We are not commanded to be as flawless as He is; that would be an absurd, unreachable goal as God's perfection cannot be obtained by any creature.

Why did Paul pray that we would be able to walk blameless until the Lord returns, Philippians 1:8-11?

In the Greek it means to live inoffensively.   It doesn't mean to live without committing a single sin, as you seem to interpret it.  It means that the world cannot accuse us of hypocrisy or of being two-faced, living one way and preaching something else.  It is referring to the general character of the Christian life being blameless and faultless.  But in no way does it mean we are live without ever committing a single sin.

It is referring to the general character of the Christian life being blameless and faultless.  But in no way does it mean we are live without ever committing a single sin.

Agreed!

Like this...

Gen 17:1  When Abram was ninety-nine years old the LORD appeared to Abram and said to him, "I am God Almighty; walk before me, and be blameless

Gen 17:2  that I may make my covenant between me and you, and may multiply you greatly."