submission

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  56
  • Topic Count:  1,664
  • Topics Per Day:  0.20
  • Content Count:  19,764
  • Content Per Day:  2.39
  • Days Won:  28

The Satanic and New Age conspiracies some evangelical Christians perceive are chimeras. The Left Behind series, the idea that climate change theory is inspired by left wing New Age beliefs, the belief by some that there is an intelligentsia that subscribes to New Age philosophy are all aspects of this. What is on the rise in the West is atheism and an increase in people with no religious affiliation and closely associated with this is humanism. Atheism, naturalism and materialism underpin Western thought and its ideas have difused into contemporary Christianity. Pentecostal/ Charismatc Christianity has experienced dynamic growth in Latin America, Sub-Saharan Africa and parts of Asia while many Euuropean churches have become large ornate sepulchers attended by the aged.

What is important for you?

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  155
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  287
  • Content Per Day:  0.07
  • Days Won:  0

According to the 2010 Eurobarometer poll 40 percent of the population of France denies the existence of God, Spirit or any form of life force, the highest rate of atheism in Europe, while 27 percent said that they believe there is a God. In Sweden 34 percent did not believe in God, Spirit or a life force while 18 percent believed in God. Overall among Euro Member states 51 percent affirmed a belief in God, with the highest rate of theism in Malta at 94 percent. Quite extraordinary numbers for a continent long considered to be at the center of Christian belief. 

In the US Gallup, Pew Research and the General Social Survey have noted a dramtic rise in the number of people with no religious affiliation placing that number between 16-18 percent of the general population with close to quarter of the population between 18-29 in that category. I am not overlooking the fact that there are also those who have New Age beliefs or follow Wicca or Satanism but I believe that some Christians have an infalted pereception concerning their influence.  My point is that atheism and humanism are rising forces countering fundamental Christian beliefs and moralaity and influencing the Church in what it believes.  

Pentecostalism is also growing dramatically in a number of non- Western countries, particularly in South America, as Christianity is waning in the West. This is simply factual.

Naturalism, atheism and materialistic philosophy also  undelie Western science from evolutonary theory to psychiatry.  In psychiatry for example, mind or soul, is reducible to brain chemistry. There is an implicit denial that we have a spiritual existence, and a denial of the supernatural. Early Christians believed that the supernatural interacted with the physical tangible everyday world of sense perception. A belief in the the supernatural is basic to orthodox Christianity - the Resurrection, heaven hell. the miracles in the New and Old Testament and the existence of Satan and his demons.
Edited by submission

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  6
  • Topic Count:  562
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  2,074
  • Content Per Day:  0.31
  • Days Won:  2
  • Birthday:  05/31/1966

This is a confusing topic.  :huh:

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  9
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  46
  • Content Per Day:  0.01
  • Days Won:  1

In context to the state of the 21st century believer I like to think about the possible effects of the materialism in the USA and all the other countries moving into the information age.

Guest shiloh357

It can be demonstrated that Christianity's influence in the world is waning.  The Bible is becoming less and less relevant as many people are being indoctrinated to accept Evolution, gay marriage, etc.   When you reject the authority  of Scripture, you reject any claim that it has over your life. 

The advent of this age of technology with information literally at one's fingertips has allowed false teachers avenues into people's lives that they didn't have 25 years ago.  Facebook, Snapchat, Instagram, blogs, and of course traditional websites have made much, much easier for atheism, New Age, Humanism, Evolution, and a whole host of other false teachings to infiltrate the church.

The church tries to use the Internet to reach the world, but the truth is that the dark forces are having far more success at drawing people away from God than the church is at drawing people to God.   People who won't darken the door of a church are not being drawn to the Lord by the Internet either.

That's just reality

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  22
  • Topic Count:  1,294
  • Topics Per Day:  0.21
  • Content Count:  31,762
  • Content Per Day:  5.23
  • Days Won:  115

Scripture tells us this will happen.  We are watching prophecy unfold in front of our eyes.  Some claim it has always been this way.  I agree that there are those who followed the sinful life, but not to the degree we see today. 

2 Timothy 3:1-5

But know this, that in the last days perilous times will come: For men will be lovers of themselves, lovers of money, boasters, proud, blasphemers, disobedient to parents, unthankful, unholy, unloving, unforgiving, slanderers, without self-control, brutal, despisers of good, traitors, headstrong, haughty, lovers of pleasure rather than lovers of God, having a form of godliness but denying its power. And from such people turn away!

2 Peter 2:1-3

But there were also false prophets among the people, even as there will be false teachers among you, who will secretly bring in destructive heresies, even denying the Lord who bought them, and bring on themselves swift destruction. And many will follow their destructive ways, because of whom the way of truth will be blasphemed. By covetousness they will exploit you with deceptive words; for a long time their judgment has not been idle, and their destruction does not slumber.

• Followers:  12
  • Topic Count:  385
  • Topics Per Day:  0.10
  • Content Count:  7,692
  • Content Per Day:  1.93
  • Days Won:  3

Well I for one do believe that the climate has changed, and I do not think that believing that makes me a follower of the dark side. Also I think just because someone has a different view about something it does mean that they are following Satan.

I can't say anything more because I forgot what the topic was about.

• Followers:  7
  • Topic Count:  867
  • Topics Per Day:  0.24
  • Content Count:  7,331
  • Content Per Day:  2.00
  • Days Won:  31
  • Birthday:  04/28/1964

Well I for one do believe that the climate has changed, and I do not think that believing that makes me a follower of the dark side. Also I think just because someone has a different view about something it does mean that they are following Satan.

I can't say anything more because I forgot what the topic was about.

But do you believe the climate has changed because of what we are doing or is it a natural change? That's the important question.

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  155
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  287
  • Content Per Day:  0.07
  • Days Won:  0

I am quite convinced that the world is warming is occuring probablydue to human agency, although not at the rate that some are predicting. Meterorology and climatology are a hobby of mine. The Northeastern US where I live is expericing an especially severe winter by historical standards,, However I have no doubt  that global tmperatures are rising. However year to year changes for any given region fluctuate. There are however many evengelical's probably because of close connections with the Republican Party that believe that global warming is a myth.

Edited by submission

• Followers:  39
  • Topic Count:  101
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  7,673
  • Content Per Day:  1.31
  • Days Won:  67

I don't adhere to any party, but I do pay attention to the information available.

http://www.newsmax.c...2/08/id/623494/