Guest Jmarey

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  6
  • Topic Count:  230
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  4,941
  • Content Per Day:  0.95
  • Days Won:  14

what about an outdoor wedding? With a priest to read the Bible but the minister to marry you? Neutral, satisfying both and hurting no one. Not the best solution but...an outdoor fall wedding would be beautiful if weather holds.

you can't blame the person....   they come here for help and what they get is condemnation....     and those of us who do that are going to have to justify it some day.........       Not the way those chosen in Matthew chapter 25 lived their lives....   hope you all are happy.    What chance will any of us have to help this person further..

The person who started this thread came back the next day to read the replies and hasn't been back since.  A lot of people do that.  Even those who gave advise I don't agree with were giving their best answers.  I don't think they were condemning anyone.  I also think you are jumping to conclusions as to why this person didn't come back again.  Maybe they got the advise they were looking for?  There is no way to know.  I certainly don't see any need to attack the people trying to help because you don't agree with their advise.  You didn't even give them any advise.  At least some of us cared enough to give a sincere answer to the question.  I don't understand your feelings at all on this.

My mum is the traditonal catholic. I am raised catholic too. My dad isn't. He's baptist and as my mum calls it, protestant. 

My dad cheated on my mum and wasn't really treating her nice. They are still together though as my mum believes that separation and divorse is a sin. 

Now my boyfriend and I wanted to get married. He's a protestant too and unfortunately to my mum's dismay. She wanted me too get married in catholic church or else I'll go to hell. I personally just wanted a christian, non catholic wedding as i don't want to put an issue on our different religion. Afterall, we believe in the same God. And for me, religion only causes division and useless fights as i have seen between my parents. 

My mum is still so bitter and miserable with her marriage that she stereotypes non catholic as not good people. Therefore she expresses her disapproval on me marrying the one i love outside the catholic church as it is a sin. But is God that shallow? 

I dont really know how to reply to posts. But im 29,boyfie is 30. We both have jobs and i dont live with my parents anymore. I have migrated to another country. I dont have a house yet (we are still saving) but i pay my own rent and bills.

I just noticed that you added the comment that you don't know how to reply to posts.  I am sorry I missed that.  If you wish to reply directly to a post, go to the bottom of that post and click on the quote button.  You can also choose to come in after the last post and hit the reply button at the bottom.  I know we would all like to know how things are going since you first joined Worthy Boards, and we hope you will stick around and get to know everyone now that you did join.  God bless.

you can't blame the person....   they come here for help and what they get is condemnation....     and those of us who do that are going to have to justify it some day.........       Not the way those chosen in Matthew chapter 25 lived their lives....   hope you all are happy.    What chance will any of us have to help this person further..

If you look carefully at the bottom of the first post in the OP, it was edited to say, "Don't know how to reply to posts."  She did try to respond, but couldn't figure it out.  It had nothing to do with anything anyone said to her. 

• 2 weeks later...

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  4
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  336
  • Content Per Day:  0.09
  • Days Won:  0

Only bit of advice I would give which is important is that if your mum is not pleased make sure you know if you can cope with that or not. I have seen several weddings called off the day before or even the day of the wedding because the pressure from parents got too much.

Catholics have a number of views that say you must do this or that in a catholic church but at the end of the day that is their view.

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  29
  • Topic Count:  598
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  56,133
  • Content Per Day:  7.56
  • Days Won:  271

If you look carefully at the bottom of the first post in the OP, it was edited to say, "Don't know how to reply to posts."  She did try to respond, but couldn't figure it out.  It had nothing to do with anything anyone said to her. 

I didn't see that Butero.....    she only has one post and can't reply until she has more posts.....      she can to go the welcome thread and post some and then come to this, or maybe a mod can move this to where she can post.    Since she hasn't logged on but the day after maybe a mod who would have access to an email address might send her a note and explain.

Edited by other one

• Group:  Graduated to Heaven
  • Followers:  207
  • Topic Count:  60
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  8,651
  • Content Per Day:  1.17
  • Days Won:  4
  • Birthday:  03/04/1943

My mum is the traditonal catholic. I am raised catholic too. My dad isn't. He's baptist and as my mum calls it, protestant. 

My dad cheated on my mum and wasn't really treating her nice. They are still together though as my mum believes that separation and divorse is a sin. 

Now my boyfriend and I wanted to get married. He's a protestant too and unfortunately to my mum's dismay. She wanted me too get married in catholic church or else I'll go to hell. I personally just wanted a christian, non catholic wedding as i don't want to put an issue on our different religion. Afterall, we believe in the same God. And for me, religion only causes division and useless fights as i have seen between my parents. 

My mum is still so bitter and miserable with her marriage that she stereotypes non catholic as not good people. Therefore she expresses her disapproval on me marrying the one i love outside the catholic church as it is a sin. But is God that shallow? 

I dont really know how to reply to posts. But im 29,boyfie is 30. We both have jobs and i dont live with my parents anymore. I have migrated to another country. I dont have a house yet (we are still saving) but i pay my own rent and bills.

~

Praying~!

• Followers:  11
  • Topic Count:  320
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  6,830
  • Content Per Day:  0.84
  • Days Won:  1

Dear Jmarey.

Don't let anyone, your mother, future mother in law, anyone stop you from going to a registry office, births, deaths and marriages, or a church of your choice, not the RCC, and getting married if you both truly love one another! This will be between You, your boyfriend and God alone if and when you decide to marry!

My mother nearly destroyed my marriage and she also was catholic, interfering, conniving, lying, hate full, unhelp full woman. I ended up giving her away and am still married, (Now 46 years), to my wife who put up with her for 30 years. Forget religion, love God and each other, that's all that matters.

• 2 weeks later...

• Followers:  34
  • Topic Count:  1,991
  • Topics Per Day:  0.48
  • Content Count:  48,689
  • Content Per Day:  11.80
  • Days Won:  226

The person who posted this has not been on here since :huh:

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  10
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  1,661
  • Content Per Day:  0.49
  • Days Won:  2

Actually Protestants practically don't exist at all, they are now "ecumenical" churches, which are run by the Catholic Church anyway. In fact nearly all modern religions both from the West and the East are branches of the Old Girl.

So calm your dear Mum down. And by the way, it won't hurt to do as she says. At least talk with her until you find out the real reason for her concern. I really doubt whether your boyfriend's religion is the issue. 

The Catholic church is a cult.  It has nothing to do with what the Bible says.  They pray to saints, God says to have no other God's before Me.  The Catholic Church does not have the same doctrine as say my church.  We don't pray to saints, we don't confess our sins to a priest that is just two of a list of many things.  I"m not sure where you are getting  your information  but the Catholic does not run other churches.  State facts  not fiction.  

You don't go to hell because you don't get married in the Catholic Church, you go to hell because you reject Jesus as Savior and Lord.  It is not about what you do but about what Jesus has done on the Cross for you.  When you come to God through a faith in Christ your sins are forgiven.  Jesus took your place on that Cross so that you may live with Him forever in Heaven.

As for marriage it is serious.  The Bible says we are not to yoked with unbelievers.  I don't know where you stand but if you don't have that relationship with Christ start now.  Ask God to forgive your sins and invite Christ into your heart.  Make Him the Lord and Savior of your life  You and your boyfriend need to do this.  It is your soul and it is eternal. This is more important then anything in this life.

Get into a good Bible believing church and study it.  This is not about Catholic verse Protestants as I said it is about your soul.  

I"m glad you came here.  Keep searching for the truth, you will find it in Jesus. 

Well, if the Catholic church is a cult, then so are practically all the churches and religions. They all share some of her doctrines anyway, unless she has a bit of each in her. Old Babylon wanted an idol from every conquered tribe and nation.