Omegaman 3.0

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  9
  • Topic Count:  84
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  3,987
  • Content Per Day:  1.13
  • Days Won:  4

What is plainly stated in Scripture is that Christ first comes FOR His saints, and then He comes WITH His saints.  That does not happen at the same time or on the same day, since the Marriage of the Lamb takes place in between.

Please explain to me why going to the marriage supper of the Lamb precludes Christ coming for and with His saints from happening in the same day?  Don't you realize that at the resurrection / rapture that we will be immortal?  What is time to an immortal?

Time is nothing to an "immortal", but that's hardly the issue.  The Scriptures that we have do NOT make a mishmash of the Rapture and the Second Coming of Christ with His saints. The first appearing is "unto salvation" while the second appearing is "unto destruction" thus there is universal mourning. 

Everything has its time and place, but your imagined scenario would indicate that God is in some kind of hurry.  And you will not find the word "resurrection" in the Olivet Discourse, since the gathering of the elect there is the supernatural gathering of living and believing Jews from all over the world.  All the OT prophecies pertaining to this speak of those who are alive and and gathered to the land of Israel.

Then we can agree that the marriage supper of the Lamb does not preclude the resurrection / rapture from happening on the same day that Christ comes with His saints since time is nothing to an immortal.  Good.

You obviously don't understand my "imagined scneario" or you wouldn't have come to the conclusion that it shows that God is in some kind of hurry.  That's clearly your perception of something you haven't taken the time to reason through.

If you can't see that the resurrection happens at Christ's coming and that His coming is in Matthew 24:30 then there's nothing more that can be said.  It just doesn't get any more obvious than that.  The fact that the word "resurrection" isn't specifically used is irrelevant.

You really should move beyond rhetoric and support what you say with scripture.

• Followers:  9
  • Topic Count:  84
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  3,987
  • Content Per Day:  1.13
  • Days Won:  4

What is plainly stated in Scripture is that Christ first comes FOR His saints, and then He comes WITH His saints.  That does not happen at the same time or on the same day, since the Marriage of the Lamb takes place in between.

Please explain to me why going to the marriage supper of the Lamb precludes Christ coming for and with His saints from happening in the same day?  Don't you realize that at the resurrection / rapture that we will be immortal?  What is time to an immortal?

Time is nothing to an "immortal", but that's hardly the issue.  The Scriptures that we have do NOT make a mishmash of the Rapture and the Second Coming of Christ with His saints. The first appearing is "unto salvation" while the second appearing is "unto destruction" thus there is universal mourning. 

Everything has its time and place, but your imagined scenario would indicate that God is in some kind of hurry.  And you will not find the word "resurrection" in the Olivet Discourse, since the gathering of the elect there is the supernatural gathering of living and believing Jews from all over the world.  All the OT prophecies pertaining to this speak of those who are alive and and gathered to the land of Israel.

The only way not to make a mishmash of Scripture is to read it literally.

If you would, please post a picture of the armor of God that you wear to the grocery store.  I'm particularly interested in seeing your helmet of salvation.

• Followers:  34
  • Topic Count:  1,989
  • Topics Per Day:  0.49
  • Content Count:  48,687
  • Content Per Day:  11.89
  • Days Won:  226

The only way not to make a mishmash of Scripture is to read it literally.

If you would, please post a picture of the armor of God that you wear to the grocery store.  I'm particularly interested in seeing your helmet of salvation.

Please explain what you are talking about.

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  30
  • Topic Count:  265
  • Topics Per Day:  0.07
  • Content Count:  13,130
  • Content Per Day:  3.50
  • Days Won:  12
  • Birthday:  10/06/1947

Hi Omegaman,

Did you read my second post? You may have missed it. Am looking forward to your reply.

Marilyn.

• Group:  Graduated to Heaven
  • Followers:  57
  • Topic Count:  1,546
  • Topics Per Day:  0.21
  • Content Count:  10,320
  • Content Per Day:  1.42
  • Days Won:  9
  • Birthday:  11/05/1951

Just curious as to your understanding of the day of the Lord that you referenced in Joel. I've heard different conclusions as to what the Day of the Lord will be and was curious as to what your understanding is.

Actually firestormx, I think that is a fair and great question. I will be honest, as forthright as I know how to be. The short answer is:

I Don't Know

The term is used quite a bit in the Bible, both Old and New Testaments. There are variation, which may, or may not be the same thing, e.g. day of Christ, day of God, Day of Yahweh, and maybe some others. Coincidentally as I noticed your question just now, I was searching out that very concept in the Bible, looking for more light. Once I have done this (I have done it before but I forger things I learn), I will try to respond with more clarity and detail, assuming I find more clarity and detail.

However, my current impression (understanding would be to strong a word at this time) is that the  phrase "Day of the Lord" may not refer to only one event, and almost certainly is not a reference to a 24 hour period, or the period between sunrise and sunset, but most likely a more extended period of time, and least i some circumstances, like we use the term in a sentence like "in my father's day".  ackkk! computer acting wierd, will have to resume later

• Group:  Graduated to Heaven
  • Followers:  57
  • Topic Count:  1,546
  • Topics Per Day:  0.21
  • Content Count:  10,320
  • Content Per Day:  1.42
  • Days Won:  9
  • Birthday:  11/05/1951

Marilyn wrote:

Hi Omegaman,

I quite understand concerning looking at many scriptures, thus I`ll concentrate on only one –

`..the Day of the Lord will come as a thief in the night,...` (2 Peter 3: 10)

Peter, an apostle to the Jews –

`for He who worked effectively in Peter for the apostleship to the circumcised....` (Gal. 2: 8)

speaks concerning the Day of the Lord coming as a `thief in the night,` (2 Peter 3: 10).  This he knew by the Holy Spirit & as you say he was there when Jesus told them when He was on earth. (Matt. 24: 43) Even Jesus Himself at that time said only the Father knew the day & hour. (Matt. 24: 36)

Now we know that when Jesus ascended to the Father`s throne, that He gave apostles,....(etc) To one of these He gave the revelation of the Body of Christ. He also gave His Holy Spirit to lead them into all truth – His whole counsel. Thus at the Father`s right hand with all knowledge, all power, & all presence (by the Holy Spirit) the Lord Jesus Christ reveals to His Body through the apostle Paul this amazing revelation –

`But concerning the times & the seasons, brethren, you have no need that I should write to you. For you yourselves know perfectly that the DAY OF THE LORD SO COMES AS A THIEF IN THE NIGHT,` for when THEY say, “Peace & safety!” then sudden destruction comes upon THEM, as labour pains upon a pregnant woman. And THEY shall not escape.

BUT YOU, BRETHREN, ARE NOT IN DARKNESS, SO THAT THIS DAY SHOULD OVERTAKE YOU AS A THIEF.

YOU  are all sons of light & sons of the day. WE are not of the night nor of the darkness.` (1 Thess. 5: 1 – 5)

Thus it is important for us to read God`s word in light of what the Lord says not only to the 12 disciples who were sent to the Jews, but also to what the Lord says to His ascension apostles who are sent to the Body of Christ.

Did you note the  `THEY & THEM` in what the Lord says through Paul. THEY are those in darkness to whom the Day of the Lord will come as a thief & overtake THEMTHEY are the ones in darkness.

Which are you Omegaman?

Marilyn.

To which I repied:

I am not sure why Marilyn, you would ask me which I am.

I have made this same point countless times on the forums, that there are two groups of people spoken of in numerous passages of scripture.

There are those, who are in darkness, who are unsuspecting, upon whom the Day of the Lord comes like a thief in the night.

Noah, Lot, Hebrews in captivity in Egypt, these were not in darkness, they were expecting a coming judegment

Those outside the ark, those in Sodom, the Egyptians, the were caught my surprise. As it was in the Days of Noah . . . 

and they did not understand until the flood came and took them all away; so will the coming of the Son of Man be:

26“And just as it happened
in the days of Noah,so it will be also in the days of the Son of Man: 

27they were eating, they were drinking, they were marrying, they were being given in marriage, until the day that Noah entered the ark, and the flood came and destroyed them all.28“It was the same as happened in the days of Lot: they were eating, they were drinking, they were buying, they were selling, they were planting, they were building; 29but on the day that Lot went out from Sodom it rained fire and brimstone from heaven and destroyed them all. 30It will be just the same on the day that the Son of Man is revealed. 31“On that day, the one who is on the housetop and whose goods are in the house must not go down to take them out; and likewise the one who is in the field must not turn back. 32“Remember Lot’s wife. 33“Whoever seeks to keep his life will lose it, and whoever loses his life will preserve it. 34“I tell you, on that night there will be two in one bed; one will be taken and the other will be left. 35“There will be two women grinding at the same place; one will be taken and the other will be left.36[“Two men will be in the field; one will be taken and the other will be left.”] 
37And answering they said to Him, “Where, Lord?
And He said to them, “Where the body 
is, there also the vultures will be gathered.”

Where Lord, where are they taken? Looks to be like they are taken to the place of dead bodies, but as people often remind me:

"That is YOUR interpretation!"

But we are not in darkness that that day should overtake us like a thief.

As I said, I have pointed this out over and over on these thread, particularly when someone misinterprets the passage about no one knowing the day or the hour (very common misunderstanding). Off the top of my head I cannot point to where I have said this, and I won't bother to look. I am, however, pretty certain I mention these groups several time in my video series, on the imminent return of Jesus.

Like I said, not sure why you are asking me this question, it strikes me a bit like preaching to the choir. Or . . . 

did I miss or misunderstand you point completely?

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  30
  • Topic Count:  265
  • Topics Per Day:  0.07
  • Content Count:  13,130
  • Content Per Day:  3.50
  • Days Won:  12
  • Birthday:  10/06/1947

Hi Omegaman,

Thank you for the reply & that`s great we both agree on the point, as per the Lord not coming to the Body of Christ as a thief. Why I brought that out was to point out that the risen Lord revealed to the Apostle Paul more revelation than what he revealed to the Apostle Peter. Peter was to go to the Jews & tell them that Jesus is Lord & Christ, (Acts 2: 36), whereas Paul, a while later, was to go to the Gentiles & proclaim the `whole counsel of God,` (Acts 20: 27). Thus to just refer to Peter`s revelation of end-times is to not have the `whole counsel of God.`

Marilyn.  

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  6
  • Topic Count:  562
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  2,074
  • Content Per Day:  0.31
  • Days Won:  2
  • Birthday:  05/31/1966

I think people also think that verse I come like a thief at night means rapture to.

• Followers:  34
  • Topic Count:  1,989
  • Topics Per Day:  0.49
  • Content Count:  48,687
  • Content Per Day:  11.89
  • Days Won:  226

I think people also think that verse I come like a thief at night means rapture to.

Yes,it does.

Edited by bopeep1909

• Followers:  16
  • Topic Count:  134
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  8,142
  • Content Per Day:  2.37
  • Days Won:  20

However, my current impression (understanding would be to strong a word at this time) is that the  phrase "Day of the Lord" may not refer to only one event, and almost certainly is not a reference to a 24 hour period,

or the period between sunrise and sunset, but most likely a more extended period of time,...

This is the proper understanding of the Day of the LORD (YHWH).  It is a period of the severest judgements to be poured out supernaturally on the whole world, and would correspond to the 6th and 7th seal judgements, which correspond to the Great Tribulation.