IGNORED

DO YOU BELIEVE ITS OKAY TO EAT PORK, AS A BELIEVER IN GOD ?

SINNERSAVED

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  9
  • Topic Count:  40
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  6,605
  • Content Per Day:  1.07
  • Days Won:  1
  • Birthday:  10/28/1957

3 hours ago, RustyAngeL said:

I haven't eaten pork in a long time.  Actually I am looking forward when it get warmer and I don't feel like eating a hot meal, a BLT sounds just up my alley!  

Shalom, RustyAngeL.

Use turkey bacon; it's safer, just as good for a BLT, and kosher.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  20
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  2,875
  • Content Per Day:  0.71
  • Days Won:  9

6 hours ago, SINNERSAVED said:

I am sorry , but your claims are grabbing for straws, we cannot and would not know exactly, my view is that peter, would not violate any thing that God would and have instructed him , and of the moses law, it is the same God, when I said about eating bread, it was to tell you that peter is not in to going against the word of God , to preach the word of God, would that make any sense, no , so if we want to say that the word of God and the bible is all truth and the scriptures always are God breath , would God contradict Himself, ?

so I do not see what the problem is in what I said, and what you only want to believe, this is not even anything to differ on,

Remember there is more here then meets the eye, and we cannot look at this with western American eyes and come to a conclusion, and speculation.

blessings and peace

Peter was not going against God as it was God Who told him to eat. The Mosaic covenant is not the New Covenant and vice versa. The New Covenant includes Gentiles while the Mosaic covenant did not include Gentiles. That Gentiles are included makes the covenant very unique, just as preaching the gospel makes the New Covenant very unique. For Jews and Gentiles to live as one people, the Mosaic law can not be in force, and to avoid violating the Mosaic covenant which contains the Mosaic law, one can not pick and choose which Mosaic laws one is to observe as that violates the Mosaic covenant. 

As I said, there are Mosaic laws which require that bread be in conformity to be Kosher.

The problem with what you said is that part of it is assumption, part goes against what is being said in scripture, and part violates the Mosaic law. I am looking at it from Jewish eyes, not a Gentile view of one who wants to keep some of the law. Such groups as One Law or Two House, who want to keep the Mosaic law (for the wrong reasons) offer arguments which are actually a violation of the Mosaic covenant and a misunderstanding of the OT and NT. Because I was raised under the Mosaic covenant, moving forward into the New Covenant, I recognize some of the arguments in the NT as Jewish arguments and I understand the discussion between Peter and the other Jewish believers from a perspective of the Mosaic law.

As I've said before, it is a problem for a Jewish person to eat in the home of a Gentile, and in the time of Jesus, it was a much greater issue without some of the modern things like refrigeration, food packaging, etc. Peter stayed for a few days in the home of Cornelius, and clearly ate. Peter when questioned did not deny eating and he made no argument about keeping Kosher. Instead he told about the vision of the sheet with food which was not Kosher. That means he ate non-Kosher food.  

And, as I've said before, just because the meat comes from a cow, does not make it fit to eat. So, while it is permitted to eat beef, that does not mean all beef is fit for food so not all beef is Kosher. Likewise, not all chicken is fit for food.  

• Followers:  23
  • Topic Count:  155
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  7,464
  • Content Per Day:  1.02
  • Days Won:  57
  • Birthday:  12/12/1952

9 minutes ago, Retrobyter said:

Shalom, RustyAngeL.

Use turkey bacon; it's safer, just as good for a BLT, and kosher.

Thanks.  I'm not Jewish so I don't worry about the kosher.  I cook my bacon in the oven at about 400 until it's crispy, so I don't worry about it not being safe.  I do however like turkey bacon and I think it would be just fine on a BLT.

• Followers:  9
  • Topic Count:  40
  • Content Count:  6,605
  • Content Per Day:  1.07
  • Birthday:  10/28/1957

3 hours ago, hmbld said:

Some 6 years ago I was suddenly in fear that eating pork was forbidden, and that sunday worship is not acceptable, only saturday, etc,  and had to research what God's Word actually said about this.  After doing this, I no longer judge myself or others, yet this does not mean that we are not affected by culture.  There are many stories of young boys eating worms, many people actually do eat bugs, etc.  Now, I do understand there is some disagreement on this, and if you feel something is not good to eat, then by all means don't.  Point is, many of us do care what God says, and we research it; not intuition.  

Shalom, hmbld.

When I was young and growing up as a Gentile before I knew my background, I used to love a honey ham for New Year's Day. Now that I know that ham is NOT only NOT GOOD for you but not kosher, either, I avoid all pork products as I would dog food. It doesn't mean that I judge anyone else for eating it, but it turns my stomach now to think about it. It is a NON-EDIBLE "food," a "substance not made for human consumption!" It doesn't matter, for instance, how well it is cooked if the animal was infested with a tape worm. You could easily be infested with a tape worm, as well. A pig is a VERY intelligent animal and is afraid for its life when being taken to a slaughter house. It KNOWS what's coming! And, as "clean" as a farmer may make the animal on the outside, it roots in the dirt and mud for its food!

This is also true for shellfish and lobster and shrimp and other things that some consider "delicacies." They also are substances not intended for human consumption just as bad as eating roaches or bats or wolves or horsemeat.

• Group:  Removed from Forums for Breaking Terms of Service
  • Followers:  6
  • Topic Count:  150
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  2,195
  • Content Per Day:  0.69
  • Days Won:  14

42 minutes ago, Qnts2 said:

Peter was not going against God as it was God Who told him to eat. The Mosaic covenant is not the New Covenant and vice versa. The New Covenant includes Gentiles while the Mosaic covenant did not include Gentiles. That Gentiles are included makes the covenant very unique, just as preaching the gospel makes the New Covenant very unique. For Jews and Gentiles to live as one people, the Mosaic law can not be in force, and to avoid violating the Mosaic covenant which contains the Mosaic law, one can not pick and choose which Mosaic laws one is to observe as that violates the Mosaic covenant. 

As I said, there are Mosaic laws which require that bread be in conformity to be Kosher.

The problem with what you said is that part of it is assumption, part goes against what is being said in scripture, and part violates the Mosaic law. I am looking at it from Jewish eyes, not a Gentile view of one who wants to keep some of the law. Such groups as One Law or Two House, who want to keep the Mosaic law (for the wrong reasons) offer arguments which are actually a violation of the Mosaic covenant and a misunderstanding of the OT and NT. Because I was raised under the Mosaic covenant, moving forward into the New Covenant, I recognize some of the arguments in the NT as Jewish arguments and I understand the discussion between Peter and the other Jewish believers from a perspective of the Mosaic law.

As I've said before, it is a problem for a Jewish person to eat in the home of a Gentile, and in the time of Jesus, it was a much greater issue without some of the modern things like refrigeration, food packaging, etc. Peter stayed for a few days in the home of Cornelius, and clearly ate. Peter when questioned did not deny eating and he made no argument about keeping Kosher. Instead he told about the vision of the sheet with food which was not Kosher. That means he ate non-Kosher food.  

And, as I've said before, just because the meat comes from a cow, does not make it fit to eat. So, while it is permitted to eat beef, that does not mean all beef is fit for food so not all beef is Kosher. Likewise, not all chicken is fit for food.  

you did not understand what I said , and I don't have time, to try to verify a response of a response, you are splitting hairs and trying to find fault in what I said, and there is no reason, but that you are not understanding what I have said or tried to explain,

sorry but if you still think I am wrong then so be it, I find that it is more of defending ones comments and statements over a topic, and it always goes south ,

take care ,and stick by what you believe, i think this topic is beyond well done,  thanks

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Topic Count:  104
  • Content Count:  2,458
  • Content Per Day:  0.55
  • Days Won:  5
  • Birthday:  01/31/1950

On 3/30/2016 at 5:08 PM, worthy said:

http://halalmedia.net/the-185-different-uses-of-pig/

why would you want to eat something that rolls around in slop,eats snake,and eats garbage ?

When somebody eats really sloppy the call them a pig

for the same reason people eat chicken after they pick their food from the ground they crap on.

for the same reason people et ketchup with ground up worms in it.

and because I was my chicken and pork MYSELF before I COOK it.

• Topic Count:  104
  • Content Count:  2,458
  • Content Per Day:  0.55
  • Days Won:  5
  • Birthday:  01/31/1950

19 hours ago, Retrobyter said:

Shalom, hmbld.

When I was young and growing up as a Gentile before I knew my background, I used to love a honey ham for New Year's Day. Now that I know that ham is NOT only NOT GOOD for you but not kosher, either, I avoid all pork products as I would dog food. It doesn't mean that I judge anyone else for eating it, but it turns my stomach now to think about it. It is a NON-EDIBLE "food," a "substance not made for human consumption!" It doesn't matter, for instance, how well it is cooked if the animal was infested with a tape worm. You could easily be infested with a tape worm, as well. A pig is a VERY intelligent animal and is afraid for its life when being taken to a slaughter house. It KNOWS what's coming! And, as "clean" as a farmer may make the animal on the outside, it roots in the dirt and mud for its food!

This is also true for shellfish and lobster and shrimp and other things that some consider "delicacies." They also are substances not intended for human consumption just as bad as eating roaches or bats or wolves or horsemeat.

a non commercial farmer will shoot the pig 1 inch down from between the eyes and the pig does not know it is coming. hot dogs ketchup chicken and a few other things are also bad

• 2 months later...

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  415
  • Topics Per Day:  0.12
  • Content Count:  606
  • Content Per Day:  0.18
  • Days Won:  0

1Cor 10:

25  Eat anything sold in the meat market without raising questions of conscience,
26  for, "The earth is the Lord’s, and everything in it."

• Followers:  6
  • Topic Count:  44
  • Content Count:  1,370
  • Content Per Day:  0.25
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  07/18/1868

a new testament believer has no prohibitions about eating pork, but if your heart says you cant then dont. and if you are entertaining some one in your home that does have issues with pork- please don't give him a BLT sandwich. The old dietary laws where given to the pre- Jesus Jews but they do not apply to us today.

I base this on the story when Peter saw in a dream a table cloth coming down from heaven with all kinds of "unclean" foods on it and the Lord told him to eat. It was to show that in the new dispensation nothing was unclean ( particularly the relation of the Jews to the gentiles)

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  11
  • Topic Count:  320
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  6,830
  • Content Per Day:  0.84

I know I posted this somewhere on this thread;

Col. 2:16, Let no man therefore judge you in meat,6 or in drink, or in respect7 of an holyday, or of the new moon, or of the sabbath days:

I used to, not any more :thumbsup: