And For The Daughter's Of Eve

I Pray

Set a watch, O LORD, before my mouth; keep the door of my lips. Psalms 141:3

Thank You LORD For Saving My Soul
Thank You LORD For Making My Whole
Thank You LORD For Giving To Me
Thy Great Salvation So Rich And Free
http://www.hymnpod.com/2009/01/27/thank-you-lord/

Heal me, O LORD, and I shall be healed: save me, and I shall be saved: for thou art my praise. Jeremiah 17:14

Bless Your Holy Name
Love, Joe

• Loved it! 1

• 3 weeks later...

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  22
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  188
  • Content Per Day:  0.05
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  11/23/1957

On 1/16/2016 at 1:37 PM, Teditis said:

Teaching is an art, a skill and gift of God... it shouldn't be taken up by just anyone.

Having truths from the Bible isn't enough in my opinion... although anyone can pass on

a little knowledge, it takes more to be a teacher.

Well said; and what a Glorious example of a Teacher was Jesus

What a wonderful teacher Jesus(or God thru Jesus, if you prefer) was and is. Rarely using scripture to Teach. Many times using child like stories( from the abundant treasures of God ). He also ask many questions that invoked inner reflection that could lead to self correction and Learning. Never engaging in endless doctrine or dogma arguments, He avoided this by asking simple questions that made his challenger self reflect .... after reflection the challenger stood self condemned. Jesus questioning( instead of making statements ) allowed him to avoid judgement( judgments are formed in statements, never questions ) and at the same time invoked and allowed people to reflect, learn, and act on the truth.

Today an over abundance of Scripture's Words used in vain, trying to justify self or teach. Perhaps the Methods used in Teaching are are just as, if not, more important than the Words in some circumstances....  I am fearful many arguments are purely trying to elevate and justify the wisdom of self( or group the self identifies with). 

I confess I am not without guilt in this area but, I am Learning and for sometime now, I pray for assurance on the words I write. I do this in the knowledge that by my own words will I be judged ( not only my words, but the intention of those words ). In truth I ask that they not be my words but, His words thru me ... and if they be His words, they are not my words and cannot be used in my Judgement. 

Edited by bfloydo
  • Thumbs Up 1

• Group:  Mars Hill
  • Followers:  12
  • Topic Count:  12
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  7,689
  • Content Per Day:  2.38
  • Days Won:  20

24 minutes ago, bfloydo said:

Rarely using scripture to Teach.

What did Yeshua ever say, that the Father in heaven had not given Him to say ? **

What did Yeshua ever do, that the Father in heaven had not given Him to do ? **

**according to the Word of Yahweh, the Bible ? 

Everything Yeshua ever did or said or taught, was Perfectly in line with, in Perfect Harmony with Scripture.

Did Yeshua tell His Disciples to spend time with the Father ?

Did Yeshua tell His Disciples to speak what the Father says ?  To do what the Father does ? 

Did Yeshua live in Union with the Father ?

Later, in the Epistles in the NT, DID the Disciples live in Union with Yeshua ?

Daily, intimate, continual, prayer and union in Yahweh ? With Thanksgiving and Praise  Always to HIM!

Was there conflict with the world, the outside religious teachers , the enemies of Christ ?

"An AROMA OF LIFE" to all those who BELIEVED.  

Hotly contested, an aroma of death, to those destined for destruction.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  17
  • Topic Count:  50
  • Content Count:  3,727
  • Content Per Day:  1.04
  • Days Won:  5

Luke 11:33   No man, when he hath lighted a candle, putteth it in a secret place, neither under a bushel, but on a candlestick, that they which come in may see the light.

• Followers:  17
  • Topic Count:  50
  • Content Count:  3,727
  • Content Per Day:  1.04
  • Days Won:  5

This is basically how it goes;

Everyone is trying to defend their doctrine instead of the truth.  If someone comes on and shares some scriptures that contradict your doctrine, which is the popular view, then some of you immediately see this as a threat.  Instead of saying to yourselves "well I think the elders who taught us must of made a mistake, we should look into this more and correct this", but no, you scheme on how to get rid of the messenger instead of bringing forth your scriptures to rebuke.  This is when personal attacks come in, from your own flock and you do nothing to correct them?  This is when your doctrine takes first place instead of the truth.

What has happened in the past is happening again.  Israel hated the prophets because they were sent to tell them truth.  Instead of listening to them, they killed them. 

Jesus was treated in the same way, because their high positions were compromised.  Same as the apostles.  Come on guys, surely you've read in the scriptures?

Same is happening today, because you don't believe that Jesus can feed his sheep and teach them how to think and answer for themselves.

Jesus, the prophets, and the apostles were all lone rangers.  Don't fool yourself in thinking that there's safety in numbers.

Matthew 7:13   Enter ye in at the strait gate: for wide is the gate, and broad is the way, that leadeth to destruction, and many there be which go in there at:

Did not Jesus warn that the the light of the candlestick was already dimming for the seven churches, and gave them time to repent?  Well that time is just about up.

• Followers:  8
  • Topic Count:  59
  • Content Count:  4,402
  • Content Per Day:  0.99
  • Days Won:  28
  • Birthday:  04/26/1971

26 minutes ago, Sister said:

This is basically how it goes;

Everyone is trying to defend their doctrine instead of the truth.  If someone comes on and shares some scriptures that contradict your doctrine, which is the popular view, then some of you immediately see this as a threat.  Instead of saying to yourselves "well I think the elders who taught us must of made a mistake, we should look into this more and correct this", but no, you scheme on how to get rid of the messenger instead of bringing forth your scriptures to rebuke.  This is when personal attacks come in, from your own flock and you do nothing to correct them?  This is when your doctrine takes first place instead of the truth.

What has happened in the past is happening again.  Israel hated the prophets because they were sent to tell them truth.  Instead of listening to them, they killed them. 

Jesus was treated in the same way, because their high positions were compromised.  Same as the apostles.  Come on guys, surely you've read in the scriptures?

Same is happening today, because you don't believe that Jesus can feed his sheep and teach them how to think and answer for themselves.

Jesus, the prophets, and the apostles were all lone rangers.  Don't fool yourself in thinking that there's safety in numbers.

Matthew 7:13   Enter ye in at the strait gate: for wide is the gate, and broad is the way, that leadeth to destruction, and many there be which go in there at:

Did not Jesus warn that the the light of the candlestick was already dimming for the seven churches, and gave them time to repent?  Well that time is just about up.

Yea, that is why I love ministering to those without.  They are not blind saying we see but rather saying heal our blindness that we may see.

• 1 year later...

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  10
  • Topic Count:  16
  • Content Count:  52
  • Content Per Day:  0.02
  • Birthday:  05/10/1963

I appreciate the comments about the Brethren have made. I would point out that suggestion in Either Teaching or Preaching alternatly in the New Testament. Did you consider and notice that even in the Old Testament there is in figure of speech Preaching angainst the sin of Israel and the need of repentance as well as the teaching of God,s thoughts and ways. There are two distinc offices who can be filled by the same vessel the Holy Spirit give in His own will. Both required the study of the Servant of God. I have used passages in the New Tetament that Preachers used mainly in the Gospel. The Whole counsel of God is in the entirety of scriptures.Brethren the Holy Spirit can use "One Word in the Holy book to arrest a soul in the teaching of the Word .Either in the preaching at the service. I would be of advise for your sake and your audience to mix Gospel and teaching in the same message. People can be confuse between your refering a call to war,or repentance if I may put it. I would point out as well in speaking the mind of God for these offices are God given to man.not women The scripture clearly point out that Paulsuffer not woman to teach in any gathering forms were The Word preside. Even woman are to ask their husband in private when it comes to question they have. Widows are to teach other young woman to give the honour due to the Husband and show the example other women to follow. there is a place to "instruct" (Guided)  Which you may call Sunday school or ladies bible study. But like I say intructing and teaching are two different thing the testimonies have confused to different extremes. 

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  10
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  173
  • Content Per Day:  0.07

ISLAM: We are spirits

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  68
  • Topic Count:  186
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  14,242
  • Content Per Day:  3.33
  • Days Won:  30

Rarely using scripture to Teach. 

Jesus frequently quoted the prophets.  Check your references.  More often his actions fulfilled prophecies.  He even read from Isaiah 61 when he began his ministry.  

• 2 months later...

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  8
  • Topic Count:  49
  • Content Count:  2,383
  • Content Per Day:  0.43
  • Days Won:  1
  • Birthday:  09/30/1944

Lack of teaching is the biggest problem facing the church.  New believers are not discipled (taught) into (1) their inheritance in Christ (2) their right standing with God, and (3) Walking in the spirit.

The church somehow thinks that they will pick these things up as they go along.  This attitude explains the Laodicean mindset that is rampant in the church and the routine acceptance of the "nominal" Christian who has absolutely no idea of their calling in Christ Jesus.

ZZ - 414.jpg

• Thumbs Up 2