IGNORED

DO WE USE THE BOOK OF ENOCH, AS A BELIEVERS ?

SINNERSAVED

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  7
  • Topic Count:  6
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  1,379
  • Content Per Day:  0.43
  • Days Won:  2

1 hour ago, Omegaman 3.0 said:

One thing that I wonder, concerning those who are interested in the Book of Enoch, is: "How much of the real Bible, do you have down pat, before you want to go exploring distractions?"

After 50+ years, I'm still working on one passage. John 13: 34-35

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  29
  • Topic Count:  596
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  56,043
  • Content Per Day:  7.56
  • Days Won:  271

3 hours ago, Omegaman 3.0 said:

One thing that I wonder, concerning those who are interested in the Book of Enoch, is: "How much of the real Bible, do you have down pat, before you want to go exploring distractions?"

what would it take for you to consider "down pat"?

During the 19 years I worked in Southeastern Oklahoma driving 3 to 5 thousand miles a month I read or listened to the Bible at least twice a year, and the New Testament twice a week for at least seven years....

Knowing what's in the Bible, I'd say I have down pat.....    agreeing on what it means with everyone is a whole different question.....   

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  16
  • Topic Count:  134
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  8,142
  • Content Per Day:  2.36
  • Days Won:  20

On 30/11/2015, 19:32:18, SINNERSAVED said:

OKAY,  I see  a few people using the references of the book of enoch, and its not part of the books in the bible,...

Christians are free to read the apocryphal and pseudepigraphical books as long as they are clear about their status. It is generally not recommended for immature Christians, since Satan can use these non-inspired writings to confuse people.

• Group:  Graduated to Heaven
  • Followers:  57
  • Topic Count:  1,546
  • Topics Per Day:  0.21
  • Content Count:  10,320
  • Content Per Day:  1.41
  • Days Won:  9
  • Birthday:  11/05/1951

I don't think that I have it "down pat", nor do I suppose most other Christians do either. Let me put it another way, I would suggest that all 66 books of the Bible should probably have been read at least twice, before studying the book of Enoch, or other deuterocanonical or non canonical books. Sure, okay to look at as uninspired writing, or for course work etc, I just would not advise people hoping to find Spiritual direction from it.

1 minute ago, Ezra said:

Christians are free to read the apocryphal and pseudepigraphical books as long as they are clear about their status. It is generally not recommended for immature Christians, since Satan can use these non-inspired writings to confuse people

I concurr.

11 minutes ago, other one said:

Knowing what's in the Bible, I'd say I have down pat.....    agreeing on what it means with everyone is a whole different question.....   

Oh sure, reading or hearing it is one thing, knowing it is another, understanding it is yet another, and after pursuing that for ober 3 decades now, I know I will go to the grave without having accomplished understanding it all, but the process continues, until we stop seeing in a glass darkly, when we see Him, face to face.

16 minutes ago, other one said:

what would it take for you to consider "down pat"?

During the 19 years I worked in Southeastern Oklahoma driving 3 to 5 thousand miles a month I read or listened to the Bible at least twice a year, and the New Testament twice a week for at least seven years....

I can relate to what you are saying.  I was working as a trailer switcher for 3 years at a plant that would be very slow at times, and read straight through the Bible 6 times in those 3 years alone.  I know I have read it straight through at least 15 times, and I have no clue how many more times I have read the New Testament straight through.  Then there are the times I have listened to the Bible straight through on cd.  There were 3 times where I read straight through my 1611 KJV Bible which included 14 Apocryphal books, so I am very familiar with scripture.  I have also read many other Apocryphal books that are not among the 14, including 1 and 2 Enoch, as well as books about the Bible.  I have never put as much weight in non-canonical books as those among the 66.  I completely agree that one should first know the Bible first before reading Apocryphal books, but most people do at times read things other than scripture, if it is nothing more than fiction, political books, or even the newspaper or magazines.  I don't see the harm in Apocryphal books unless you are one of those people that question if they should be in the Bible.  They should not.  We have what God wanted us to have from Genesis to Revelation in 66 books. 

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  6
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  236
  • Content Per Day:  0.08
  • Days Won:  1

1 hour ago, Omegaman 3.0 said:

Oh sure, reading or hearing it is one thing, knowing it is another, understanding it is yet another, and after pursuing that for ober 3 decades now, I know I will go to the grave without having accomplished understanding it all, but the process continues, until we stop seeing in a glass darkly, when we see Him, face to face.

I agree with you completely, Omegaman :)

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  17
  • Topic Count:  50
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  3,727
  • Content Per Day:  1.04
  • Days Won:  5

On 1/12/2015, 10:32:18, SINNERSAVED said:

OKAY,  I see  a few people using the references of the book of enoch, and its not part of the books in the bible,

so how does this book play a role in our belief of God, should we use it , or is it not to be used?

is it a book that should have been part of the bible?

I could use some wisdom  on this . for I did not learn about the torah until I asked and did research, so what does a person need to know,

about the book of enoch,    and is it a reliable source to go too ?. thank you in advance,

OKAY,  I see  a few people using the references of the book of enoch, and its not part of the books in the bible,

so how does this book play a role in our belief of God, should we use it , or is it not to be used?

is it a book that should have been part of the bible?

I could use some wisdom  on this . for I did not learn about the torah until I asked and did research, so what does a person need to know,

about the book of enoch,    and is it a reliable source to go too ?. thank you in advance,

SINNERSAVED

I don't know why when I quote your post, it comes on three times?  It may look different when I post.

Anyway, I would like to answer you on this also.

If a believer doesn't know how to understand the prophecies all throughout the Old and New Testament, the book of Enoch will be a waste of time, for he has nothing to check it against and will be sorely lost.

I've yet to see anyone that doubts this book, openly proclaiming that it's not from God to even give us one or a few examples of what's written in there to be refuted.  I say it's always a good idea to test what's written, and then we can look at it and compare, if we are seriously interested in finding the truth of this matter. 

In other words, lets find the contradictions and start from there and prove it false.

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  29
  • Topic Count:  596
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  56,043
  • Content Per Day:  7.56
  • Days Won:  271

6 hours ago, Omegaman 3.0 said:

I certainly hope that the Bible is not the only book you read.....