• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  7
  • Topic Count:  6
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  1,379
  • Content Per Day:  0.43
  • Days Won:  2

1 hour ago, simplejeff said:

There are a few small assemblies or simply individuals around the world that keep Yahweh's order as it is clearly written.

A few believers compared to the many practicing wickedness.  Verified long ago in Revelation  

in the letters to the assemblies... ((or "the messenger" of the assemblies)).

Well, name them brother. We all would like to know what you know.

I think it's more personal than the assembly itself, though that is very important for growth ( but perhaps to gain a perspective of contrast ) ?

Where two or more are gathered in HIS name, ....

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  1,022
  • Topics Per Day:  0.16
  • Content Count:  39,193
  • Content Per Day:  6.12
  • Days Won:  78

On 12/12/2015 at 8:17 AM, enoob57 said:

when ever one speaks in 'todays' tongues and does not know what it is they are saying-it is not based on The Word
but on emotional response... which is subjectively believed to be of God when by Word it cannot be verified... The
only harm that I see in it is that through emotional response is brought up to an equal plain of the foundation as
God's Word ( ! ) Love, Steven

Right.  From the way I understand speaking in tongues is that if there is no one present who understands the speaker, it isn't of God.  And that makes sense; the Lord wouldn't have us spouting jibberish at others when we could be giving them the Word.

• Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  1,022
  • Topics Per Day:  0.16
  • Content Count:  39,193
  • Content Per Day:  6.12
  • Days Won:  78

7 hours ago, simplejeff said:

There are a few small assemblies or simply individuals around the world that keep Yahweh's order as it is clearly written.

A few believers compared to the many practicing wickedness.  Verified long ago in Revelation  

in the letters to the assemblies... ((or "the messenger" of the assemblies)).

Who are these assemblies, jeff?

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  35
  • Topic Count:  99
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  41,031
  • Content Per Day:  7.97
  • Days Won:  76
  • Birthday:  07/27/1957

52 minutes ago, MorningGlory said:

Right.  From the way I understand speaking in tongues is that if there is no one present who understands the speaker, it isn't of God.  And that makes sense; the Lord wouldn't have us spouting jibberish at others when we could be giving them the Word.

:thumbsup: I cannot find anything in creation or Word whereby purpose is annulled ...

• Followers:  6
  • Topic Count:  58
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  5,457
  • Content Per Day:  1.70
  • Days Won:  37

On 12/11/2015 at 3:28 PM, other one said:

Well, I have been required  to pray for people in the middle of the night when they were in both spiritual and physical danger.....   I have done so both in tongues and in English.....      I accept it as needed, but I really don't know why I need to pray for someone when God already knows they need his help...

That i really don't understand....     and it's unnerving to wake up in the middle of the night in a mental fit sensing the danger for someone...

Because God has chosen to work in cooperation with us, not just for us.

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  132
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  582
  • Content Per Day:  0.16
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  06/21/1969

19 hours ago, thereselittleflower said:

Well I'm stuck in here. This isn't thereselittleflower flower.  

Since when is anybody arguing about people speaking in tongues in the assembly when there no interpreter?  This is getting really old.  

• 1 year later...

• Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  1,265
  • Topics Per Day:  0.45
  • Content Count:  2,637
  • Content Per Day:  0.93
  • Birthday:  02/04/1972

On 12/8/2015 at 11:40 AM, Pamelasv said:

1 Chorinthians 12:28

'And God has appointed in the church, first apostles, second prophets, third teachers, then miracles, then gifts of healings, helps, administrations, various kinds of tongues.' 

I think Paul was trying to say these gifts are greater than tongues because afterward he talks about the Chorinthian church babbling so much in tongues, trying to look super spiritual or something.  

Is there more to this than just to get people to quit showing off, because it says 'God has appointed first' It's not like they have some more authority or something if they have greater gifts ( except apostles and the like)

Perhaps there is absolutely nothing more than that, but I was wondering.  

Dear sister Pamelasv,

Grace and mercy and peace from God our Father and the Lord Jesus Christ.

The fundamental question in 1Corinthians 12:28 is to show the order in which the ministries are exercised, not the degree of their importance:

First the apostles are sent by Jesus to lay the foundations of faith in Christ;

Then the prophets are sent to confirm these foundations through the Word that proceeds from the mouth of the Eternal;

Then the masters come to confirm these bases, clarifying all this better and living all this in their lives;

Then, the Eternal confirms all this with miracles and cures (Mark 16:20);

After all this, the brothers begin to help one another, to administer the grace and wisdom of the Eternal (Ephesians 3.10, 1 Peter 4.10) and to seek in the Eternal the correct way to pray and address one another.

Finally, this passage shows how the Eternal acts in His Church.

• Followers:  9
  • Topic Count:  40
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  6,570
  • Content Per Day:  1.07
  • Days Won:  1
  • Birthday:  10/28/1957

On 2/12/2017 at 6:57 AM, Leonardo Von said:

Dear sister Pamelasv,

The fundamental question in 1Corinthians 12:28 is to show the order in which the ministries are exercised, not the degree of their importance:

First the apostles are sent by Jesus to lay the foundations of faith in Christ;

Then the prophets are sent to confirm these foundations through the Word that proceeds from the mouth of the Eternal;

Then the masters come to confirm these bases, clarifying all this better and living all this in their lives;

Then, the Eternal confirms all this with miracles and cures (Mark 16:20);

After all this, the brothers begin to help one another, to administer the grace and wisdom of the Eternal (Ephesians 3.10, 1 Peter 4.10) and to seek in the Eternal the correct way to pray and address one another.

Finally, this passage shows how the Eternal acts in His Church.

Shalom, Leonardo Von.

It was pointed out to me that you're resurrecting a lot of old subjects that haven't been seen since 2015! Be careful doing that and make sure that the OP is still on the forum. If you think you need to add something to this conversation, it might be best to start a NEW subject.

• 3 weeks later...

• Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  1,265
  • Topics Per Day:  0.45
  • Content Count:  2,637
  • Content Per Day:  0.93
  • Birthday:  02/04/1972

On 2/13/2017 at 7:58 PM, Retrobyter said:

Shalom, Leonardo Von.

It was pointed out to me that you're resurrecting a lot of old subjects that haven't been seen since 2015! Be careful doing that and make sure that the OP is still on the forum. If you think you need to add something to this conversation, it might be best to start a NEW subject.

Dear brother Retrobyter,

Honestly, I can’t understand what the problem is in responding to older threads. Even though the brother who created the thread is no longer attending the forum, this does not mean that someday he cannot come back. After all, this does not mean that the brother died.

And even if he died, the other more than 70,000 who are registered in this forum are very alive and can take some advantage.

In addition, perhaps the brother who created the thread was discouraged from staying just because the brothers did not bother to seek harder to heal his doubt.

In Pamelasv's particular case, if I have been struggling to answer all her questions, it is because I value her greatly (because of her willingness to know Jesus and His Word more accurately), and I sincerely hope someday she returns and sees that all her effort was not in vain.

After all, in general, these are questions of a high spiritual level. Honestly, I hope she comes back to the forum and be enlightened by Jesus to bring us more inquiries that can lead us closer to Jesus and His plan for us.

As for why I do not make my own threads:

1st -         I have the hope that Pamelasv, some day, will go to read the answers and be built by them;

2nd -         I am against "reinventing the wheel".

After all, if there is already a thread with a certain topic, why create another? Ideally, there should be only one thread for each theme and each brother would add, exclusively on the basis of Holy Scripture, their knowledge until they all came to the unity of faith (Ephesians 4:11-14).

In any case, I thank you for your concern. In order for there to be no risk of me being criminalized for responding to old threads, I'll check with George if there are any rules in ToS that prohibit this. After all, in the Holy Scripture, I do not see anything wrong with wanting to help the brethren have their doubts healed, even if such questions arose years ago.

Furthermore, may Jesus raise up more and more brothers (beginning with me) who, like Pamelasv, awaken in us the desire to have a living encounter with the Truth and be possessed and guided by it (see Romans 8:14).

• Followers:  9
  • Topic Count:  40
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  6,570
  • Content Per Day:  1.07
  • Days Won:  1
  • Birthday:  10/28/1957

23 hours ago, Leonardo Von said:

Dear brother Retrobyter,

Honestly, I can’t understand what the problem is in responding to older threads. Even though the brother who created the thread is no longer attending the forum, this does not mean that someday he cannot come back. After all, this does not mean that the brother died.

And even if he died, the other more than 70,000 who are registered in this forum are very alive and can take some advantage.

In addition, perhaps the brother who created the thread was discouraged from staying just because the brothers did not bother to seek harder to heal his doubt.

In Pamelasv's particular case, if I have been struggling to answer all her questions, it is because I value her greatly (because of her willingness to know Jesus and His Word more accurately), and I sincerely hope someday she returns and sees that all her effort was not in vain.

After all, in general, these are questions of a high spiritual level. Honestly, I hope she comes back to the forum and be enlightened by Jesus to bring us more inquiries that can lead us closer to Jesus and His plan for us.

As for why I do not make my own threads:

1st -         I have the hope that Pamelasv, some day, will go to read the answers and be built by them;

2nd -         I am against "reinventing the wheel".

After all, if there is already a thread with a certain topic, why create another? Ideally, there should be only one thread for each theme and each brother would add, exclusively on the basis of Holy Scripture, their knowledge until they all came to the unity of faith (Ephesians 4:11-14).

In any case, I thank you for your concern. In order for there to be no risk of me being criminalized for responding to old threads, I'll check with George if there are any rules in ToS that prohibit this. After all, in the Holy Scripture, I do not see anything wrong with wanting to help the brethren have their doubts healed, even if such questions arose years ago.

Furthermore, may Jesus raise up more and more brothers (beginning with me) who, like Pamelasv, awaken in us the desire to have a living encounter with the Truth and be possessed and guided by it (see Romans 8:14).

Shalom, Leonardo Von.

Okay, but you might want to point it out that you're bringing back something from the past just so people can respond to you and TENTATIVELY to older posters.

Do what the Lord leads you to do.

• Thumbs Up 1