• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  29
  • Topic Count:  599
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  56,229
  • Content Per Day:  7.56
  • Days Won:  271

12 minutes ago, MorningGlory said:

Why does a woman need to be any more humble than a man?  Men also adorn themselves, after all.

Because Angels don't lust after men.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  1,022
  • Topics Per Day:  0.16
  • Content Count:  39,193
  • Content Per Day:  6.10
  • Days Won:  78

3 minutes ago, other one said:

Because Angels don't lust after men.

Well........:blink:  I don't think angels lust after women either, O.O.

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  8
  • Topic Count:  6
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  907
  • Content Per Day:  0.20
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  07/07/1866

2 minutes ago, MorningGlory said:

Gen. says they did in the past.

5 minutes ago, MorningGlory said:

That is what Paul was talking about when he said/wrote you all should cover your head/hair on account of the angels...

• Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  1,022
  • Topics Per Day:  0.16
  • Content Count:  39,193
  • Content Per Day:  6.10
  • Days Won:  78

1 hour ago, other one said:

That is what Paul was talking about when he said/wrote you all should cover your head/hair on account of the angels...

I always like to think of the angels as pure beings, without the fraillties of man.  What am I missing here?  Angels can't procreate for they are spirit beings.  Unless you mean if they assume human form.

• Group:  Non-Conformist Theology
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  48
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  2,139
  • Content Per Day:  0.68
  • Days Won:  1

20 hours ago, simplejeff said:

Already, Today, and when it was written((Ephesians)), ever since then, and until Yeshua returns..

Every believer saved and redeemed and born again was once subject to the prince of the power of the air.   And people all over the world don't in the future all of a sudden get possessed or taken captive prisoners of sin and of the devil --- they have been and already are.   That's one thing they get saved from IF they seek Yahweh and turn to Him by grace through faith in Yeshua.

=====================================

concerning the head covering during prayer, for women only , it's never been the hair.

There's several good studies readily available online, besides just the plain Scripture, as well.

Nee has one of the best, and I saw another Jewish ekklesia page describing it better , but here's one sufficient for now:

http://theopenscroll.com/headcovering.htm

"If you are confused about what point Paul really made in the headcoverings address, see how the commands are very simply stated in verses 4-5a. Don’t let the supporting collection of what may seem to be rather esoteric discussions distract you from the simplicity of the command itself.

Every man who has something on his head while praying or prophesying disgraces his head. 5 But every woman who has her head uncovered while praying or prophesying disgraces her head.

1 Corinthians 11:4-5a

The practice itself is really very simple. During prayer and prophesying, what is proper is for the head of man to be uncovered and the head of a woman to be covered. No qualification is made as to the formality of the situation, and neither is any distinction made as to whether the context is public or private. The topic of headcoverings is addressed only once in the scriptures but from what is recorded we note that the churches were already practicing in the manner described, and we find no mention of whether the assemblies Paul referenced had been of Hebrew or other background. Any contention about the matter was settled with this argument; that neither those with Paul nor any others of the assemblies had any variant practice.

Some claim that the covering is just the hair itself, as we read in the 15th verse, “For her hair is given to her for a covering.” Let me first demonstrate that hair is NOT the covering of verses 4-7 with some plain thinking. We read in verse 6, “For if a woman does not cover her head, let her also have her hair cut off.” Consider this rendering: “For if a woman does not cover her head with hair, let her also have her hair cut off.” That's absurd! If she has not covered her head with hair, she has already cut it off, and how could what is not there be cut off? Such an argument utterly fails to convince in this test of logic. What may surprise you to learn is that this argument wouldn't even be made if the popular versions didn't mistranslate the text!

Consider how the Young's Literal Translation renders verse 15, which E. W. Bullinger affirms as a correct rendering.

and a woman, if she have long hair, a glory it is to her, because the hair instead of a covering hath been given to her;

1 Corinthians 11:15 (YLT)

While it's obvious to anyone that hair may naturally appear to cover her head, hair is not to be considered a covering in this context because “the hair instead of a covering hath been given to her.”

For many of you, perhaps most, what I just addressed may be sufficient to satisfy your interest in this subject. It's not required of us to understand why we should obey the direction given because there is a benefit for simple compliance, the ever present promise of blessings for obedience. For those who are seeking deeper insight into the passage there is so much more to be discovered! If you're not already convinced and convicted that this practice is for you, let me encourage you to continue reading,... ... "

Why are we not discussing the reason for the covering?

I Corinthians 11:10 "For this cause ought the woman to have power on her head because of the angels."

Because of the angels is the most important part of the verse....Anyway Ive explained it already,people really need to get some meat,and rise up off the similac...

• Followers:  6
  • Topic Count:  58
  • Content Count:  5,457
  • Content Per Day:  1.69
  • Days Won:  37

1 hour ago, MorningGlory said:

I always like to think of the angels as pure beings, without the fraillties of man.  What am I missing here?  Angels can't procreate for they are spirit beings.  Unless you mean if they assume human form.

It is believed by some this is where the nephilim come from

It is also believed by some that the nephilim, which would be of mixed blood, is why the scriptures make a point in saying Noah's line was pure.

2 hours ago, MorningGlory said:

I know you don't think that is what Genesis 6 says, but that's the starting point of it.  Add to that, that every civilization that has existed tells tha same basic story adds a little to it.   Then there is Jesus telling the Jews that the angels don't  take wives "in heaven" which makes no sense if they can't at all when here.  Why would he not just say like the angels and leave it at that. Why deferentiate between heaven and here.

• Group:  Non-Conformist Theology
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  48
  • Content Count:  2,139
  • Content Per Day:  0.68
  • Days Won:  1

2 hours ago, MorningGlory said:

What would you have us do with Gen 6,we also,we can take it back to the Garden,unless you like most wanna believe Eve ate a piece of fruit,which caused the down fall of all mankind.....

Would you call the fallen angels pure?You say they can't procreate,scripture says different..What do you mean to assume human form,they already have human form,we were made in their image,not the other way around....

• Followers:  8
  • Topic Count:  59
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  4,402
  • Content Per Day:  0.98
  • Days Won:  28
  • Birthday:  04/26/1971

5 hours ago, MorningGlory said:

Angels can't procreate for they are spirit beings.

God is Spirit

Jhn 4:24 God is a Spirit: and they that worship him must worship him in spirit and in truth.

A Spirit can procreate

Luk 1:35 And the angel answered and said unto her, The Holy Ghost shall come upon thee, and the power of the Highest shall overshadow thee: therefore also that holy thing which shall be born of thee shall be called the Son of God.

Else our faith is in vain