IGNORED

Which Bible Version can you recommend (KJV, NIV, NKJV, etc)

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  104
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  2,458
  • Content Per Day:  0.55
  • Days Won:  5
  • Birthday:  01/31/1950

FIRST JOHN 5: 7

King James Version

For there are three that bear record in heaven, the Father, the Word, and the Holy Ghost: and these three are one.

New International Version

7 For there are three that testify: 8 the[a] Spirit, the water and the blood; and the three are in agreement

Revised Standard Version

7 And it is the Spirit that beareth witness, because the Spirit is the truth.

8 For there are three who bear witness, the Spirit, and the water, and the blood: and the three agree in one.

The Living Bible

7 So we have these three witnesses[c]

8 the Spirit, the water, and the blood—and all three agree.

New Living Translation

7 So we have these three witnesses[c]

8 the Spirit, the water, and the blood—and all three agree.

Holman Christian Standard

7 For there are three that testify:

8 the Spirit, the water, and the blood-and these three are in agreement.

I and some others believe in the kjv; here is a small sample why; of course they are plenty more examples that are not hard to find.

• Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  48
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  2,491
  • Content Per Day:  0.54
  • Days Won:  1
  • Birthday:  02/02/1971

I highly recommend relying on the leading and teaching of the Holy Spirit, and at least read a bible, as my learning has not been the result of my own ability to understand or even to be able to choose a specific version!  

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  11
  • Topic Count:  320
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  6,830
  • Content Per Day:  0.84
  • Days Won:  1

The Bible, God's Word was inspired so as to be understood by babes.

Matt. 11:25, At that time Jesus answered and said, I thank thee, O Father, Lord of heaven and earth, because thou hast hid these things from the wise and prudent, and hast revealed them unto babes.

For God to write a book by which He will judge men, in such a way that it would be impossible to understand unless it was interpreted and explained to the average man, who could read and understand the human language, by Bible scholars would be no God at all.

http://av1611.com/kjbp/charts/themagicmarker.html

http://av1611.com/kjbp/charts/various.html

Here is two articles for those who are curious what is removed from some other bibles

1 hour ago, Luke1992 said:

However if your finding it difficult to read then get the new international version, I have both if I get stuck on words in the KJV I look at the NIV and compare for easier understanding.

I plan on reading the NIV and KJV to see them both.

can you give any examples of what is to hard to understand in kjv ?

1 hour ago, Luke1992 said:

to start with words like thy, thou, thee etc and big words that I have never heared before such as sojourn and the way the words are in the sentences its hard to follow. Without having to go over it a few times to understand.

I too ran across a few words I did not know but I found that if I search on my computer "define sojourn" I had immediate understanding of the troubling word. and it became eay to read and understand the kjv.

here is a rule I found that helps.

Loss of "thee" and "thou"

Please decide what God is saying to Moses:

"And the LORD said to Moses, "How long do you refuse to keep My commandments and My laws?" (Exodus 16:28, NKJV)

It looks like God is saying, "Moses, you are continuing to refuse to keep My commandments and My laws." But look carefully at the accurate King James:

"And the LORD said unto Moses, How long refuse ye to keep my commandments and my laws?" KJV

Now we understand! It was the people, not Moses, that God was upset with. "Ye" and "you" mean more than one person. "Thee," "thou," "thy," "thine," "doeth," "hast," etc., only mean one person. How do we know? The "y" is plural. The "t" is singular. Isn't that easy? Now you know what Jesus meant when He said to Nicodemus, "Marvel not that I said unto thee, Ye must be born again" (John 3:7).

And then there is the therefore rule “ Anytime you see the word therefore back up 10 to 15 verses and make

Sure what the therefore is for”

ssss

• Followers:  12
  • Topic Count:  385
  • Topics Per Day:  0.10
  • Content Count:  7,692
  • Content Per Day:  1.92
  • Days Won:  3

Well since everyone is posting the Bible version that they prefer to use, I guess I will post mine as well.  I am using "The Holman Student Bible". For me the words that are used in the Bible have made the scriptures speak to me in a whole new way. It has given me a better understanding of the Bible.  It also has maps, photos,timelines footnotes that explain the meaning of a word and also in some passages it has the English word then also the Hebrew word that was used. It is what works well for me.

can you give any examples of what is to hard to understand in kjv ?

"Begotten" Son. Not me. But some people might not know what  "begotten" means.  I was blessed to be raised in the church where words like "begotten" were explain to me. But not everyone has that opportunity. 

10 minutes ago, LadyKay said:

"Begotten" Son. Not me. But some people might not know what  "begotten" means.  I was blessed to be raised in the church where words like "begotten" were explain to me. But not everyone has that opportunity. 

If one is reading John 3:16 in the kjv they would run across begotten. However this list shows 17 of 39 bibles changed begotten to other words; many would not even run across

begotten.

http://bible.knowing-jesus.com/John/3/16

But if they did run across begotten in less than a minute  search of "begotten" they find this below. so it i not that hard as people say to read kjv

http://www.gotquestions.org/only-begotten-son.html

1 hour ago, coheir said:

If one is reading John 3:16 in the kjv they would run across begotten. However this list shows 17 of 39 bibles changed begotten to other words; many would not even run across

begotten.

http://bible.knowing-jesus.com/John/3/16

But if they did run across begotten in less than a minute  search of "begotten" they find this below. so it i not that hard as people say to read kjv

http://www.gotquestions.org/only-begotten-son.html

All I'm saying is that someone may not know what "begotten" means because the word "begotten" doesn't come up much in everyday talk. At less not in the way I talk. I guess there could be some people now days that use the word "begotten". But the only time I have ever used the word was when I read John 3:16KJV.  I didn't have time to point out all the other words that people may not know. "Begotten" just happen to be the first one that came to my mind. And not everyone has a computer they can look stuff up on. And I don't even know why this came up as the topic is " What Bible Version Do You Recommend". And so I recommended one. :)