• Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  3
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  227
  • Content Per Day:  0.08
  • Days Won:  1

11 minutes ago, Ezra said:

I had to have a good laugh at that remark. :laugh: 

It's sad you are so unaware of the Jewish position that you'd think this was funny.  

Sadder yet you justify it with Scripture as did Martin Luther and Adolf Hitler.

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  23
  • Topic Count:  7
  • Content Count:  1,000
  • Content Per Day:  0.37
  • Birthday:  12/08/1950

WD - sorry, just going back a bit (don't know how to put the words above my comment) - did real Christians kill Jews?  Are you talking about the crusades?  I don't think they could have known much about Christianity if they did.  Maybe I am too trusting but I thought all real Christians loved and prayed for His people Israel as our church does.

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  29
  • Topic Count:  596
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  56,043
  • Content Per Day:  7.56
  • Days Won:  271

5 hours ago, SisterActs2 said:

WD - sorry, just going back a bit (don't know how to put the words above my comment) - did real Christians kill Jews?  Are you talking about the crusades?  I don't think they could have known much about Christianity if they did.  Maybe I am too trusting but I thought all real Christians loved and prayed for His people Israel as our church does.

Hummm,   I thought so too.....   The Bible tells us about people who call themselves Jews but are not......      I think I have seen and read about many many people who say they are Christians and are not.

We shall know them by their fruit.  I am about to visit a woman I know who is a manipulative pagan, who thinks she is fooling us with her lies.  However I care about her and her children, and I may just be able to get through to her.  I am going to take food to her as she has three teenage children who have no control over what she does with the welfare money she gets.  We normally give to a lot of people through our food ministry but it has been suspended while we have a Christmas/New Year break.  There may be a chance I can tell her more about following Jesus if she stops talking for a while about how she talks to God all the time, and knows Him, while her speech is peppered with expletives.  I will pray before I go.  Jesus found me while I was just as bad.

PS Sorry, didn't mean to change the thread.

• Group:  Advanced Member

29 minutes ago, SisterActs2 said:

We shall know them by their fruit.  I am about to visit a woman I know who is a manipulative pagan, who thinks she is fooling us with her lies.  However I care about her and her children, and I may just be able to get through to her.  I am going to take food to her as she has three teenage children who have no control over what she does with the welfare money she gets.  We normally give to a lot of people through our food ministry but it has been suspended while we have a Christmas/New Year break.  There may be a chance I can tell her more about following Jesus if she stops talking for a while about how she talks to God all the time, and knows Him, while her speech is peppered with expletives.  I will pray before I go.  Jesus found me while I was just as bad.

Suggestion? If she is really a pagan, talk to her on her own terms remembering:

Psalm 19
The heavens are telling of the glory of God;
And their expanse is declaring the work of His hands.

Day to day pours forth speech,
And night to night reveals knowledge.

There is no speech, nor are there words;
Their voice is not heard.

Their line has gone out through all the earth,
And their utterances to the end of the world.
In them He has placed a tent for the sun,

Which is as a bridegroom coming out of his chamber;
It rejoices as a strong man to run his course.

Its rising is from one end of the heavens,
And its circuit to the other end of them;
And there is nothing hidden from its heat.

And 

Romans 1

"For the wrath of God is revealed from heaven against all ungodliness and unrighteousness of men who suppress the truth [fn]in unrighteousness,

because that which is known about God is evident [fn]within them; for God made it evident to them.

For since the creation of the world His invisible attributes, His eternal power and divine nature, have been clearly seen, being understood through what has been made, so that they are without excuse.

For even though they knew God, they did not honor Him as God or give thanks, but they became futile in their speculations, and their foolish heart was darkened.

Professing to be wise, they became fools,

and exchanged the glory of the incorruptible God for an image in the form of corruptible man and of birds and four-footed animals and crawling creatures.

Therefore God gave them over in the lusts of their hearts to impurity, so that their bodies would be dishonored among them.

For they exchanged the truth of God for [fn]a lie, and worshiped and served the creature rather than the Creator, who is blessed forever. Amen."

(Paganism is just Godly Truth stolen and perverted by those who desire Truth but reject submission to God)

• Group:  Advanced Member

29 minutes ago, SisterActs2 said:

Suggestion? If she is really a pagan, talk to her on her own terms remembering:

Psalm 19
The heavens are telling of the glory of God;
And their expanse is declaring the work of His hands.

Day to day pours forth speech,
And night to night reveals knowledge.

There is no speech, nor are there words;
Their voice is not heard.

Their line has gone out through all the earth,
And their utterances to the end of the world.
In them He has placed a tent for the sun,

Which is as a bridegroom coming out of his chamber;
It rejoices as a strong man to run his course.

Its rising is from one end of the heavens,
And its circuit to the other end of them;
And there is nothing hidden from its heat.

And 

Romans 1

"For the wrath of God is revealed from heaven against all ungodliness and unrighteousness of men who suppress the truth [fn]in unrighteousness,

because that which is known about God is evident [fn]within them; for God made it evident to them.

For since the creation of the world His invisible attributes, His eternal power and divine nature, have been clearly seen, being understood through what has been made, so that they are without excuse.

For even though they knew God, they did not honor Him as God or give thanks, but they became futile in their speculations, and their foolish heart was darkened.

Professing to be wise, they became fools,

and exchanged the glory of the incorruptible God for an image in the form of corruptible man and of birds and four-footed animals and crawling creatures.

Therefore God gave them over in the lusts of their hearts to impurity, so that their bodies would be dishonored among them.

For they exchanged the truth of God for [fn]a lie, and worshiped and served the creature rather than the Creator, who is blessed forever. Amen."

(Paganism is just Godly Truth stolen and perverted by those who desire Truth but reject submission to God)

Hi Zach

Yes, I completely understand where you are coming from.  I have known this woman for years.  I collected her from prison and/when her children were in foster care.  I prayed before I went today.  When I got there, we talked at great length.  She does believe;  I asked her several closed questions which she answered in the affirmative, therefore I asked what was stopping her from believing, confessing, praying the sinner's prayer etc.  It seems she has anxiety issues etc.  I am there for her and she knows it.  I have to use tough love with her.  We have been pussyfooting around for too long.  It's time to get real.  Thanks bro for your interest.

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  904
  • Topics Per Day:  0.19
  • Content Count:  9,642
  • Content Per Day:  2.03
  • Days Won:  9

My "bottom line" witness to Jew, Gentile, etc. is:

The Laws of Physics (never mind theories like evolution or philosophies etc) militate against the existence of the very universe around us. Thermodynamics 2 = nothing is eternal / Thermodynamics 1 = from nothing nothing comes. Some one or some thing Meta-physical (powerful enough to trump the laws of physics on such a vast scale) must have created it all. And the intricate design down to the quantum degree is evidence of deliberate intelligence. 

This metaphysical being capable of creating all things would have no problem communicating with mankind. Our dilemma is, of all the traditions, suppositions, superstitions, and out right frauds in the world... how do  we know which communication is the actual true communication from this metaphysical being? The proof of the pudding is in the eating. And when put to the test only the complete Judeo-Christian Bible proves to be that actual true communication. And the most crucial / critical text in it for all mankind throughout the ages is:

For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life.
For God sent not his Son into the world to condemn the world; but that the world through him might be saved.
He that believeth on him is not condemned: but he that believeth not is condemned already, because he hath not believed in the name of the only begotten Son of God.

John 3:16-18 (AV)

If there is a hell... (I use the if premise to assuage all arguments) ...and you end up there... the greatest fire in hell will be how close you came to not ending up there and how simple a thing it was to be delivered from there by simply... believing. 

Believe just in case.

What the hell do you have to lose?

• Group:  Mars Hill
  • Followers:  12
  • Topic Count:  12
  • Content Count:  7,689
  • Content Per Day:  2.39
  • Days Won:  20

"Should Jews care...."   .... considering all the first followers of Y'SHUA were Jews,  naturally  YES!  Expected. 

Also, TODAY more than ever before (since we are alive TODAY) ,   and since YHWH entrusted HIS WORD to the Jews,  and since YHWH sent SALVATION to the world through the Jews,  .... .....  and since Y'SHUA is returning when they all cry out with ONE VOICE "Blessed is HE WHO COMES IN THE NAME ADONAI" as they did the first time HE entered Jerusalem so ..... ... ...

=========================================================================

Then, in the NT,  the most violent act a follower of Y'SHUA did that's recorded is when Simon barjona raised a sword against another man,  and was soundly chastised by the MASTER for doing so.    As the MASTER says "IF MY KINGDOM were of this world....."(but it's not)....

On 1/5/2017 at 2:23 AM, SisterActs2 said:

-------------------------------------------------------------------