IGNORED

Can you hurt someone if you love them perfectly?

fantasymay

• Group:  Graduated to Heaven
  • Followers:  208
  • Topic Count:  60
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  8,651
  • Content Per Day:  1.18
  • Days Won:  4
  • Birthday:  03/04/1943

On 7/31/2016 at 7:03 AM, fantasymay said:

Yes: Then hell is fair....

No: Then hell is not fair....

:emot-heartbeat:

Accusing Jesus...

But God commendeth his love toward us, in that, while we were yet sinners, Christ died for us. Romans 5:8

Who Truly Loves You....

For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life. John 3:16

Beloved, It Is Just Not Fair....

Let this mind be in you, which was also in Christ Jesus: Who, being in the form of God, thought it not robbery to be equal with God: But made himself of no reputation, and took upon him the form of a servant, and was made in the likeness of men: And being found in fashion as a man, he humbled himself, and became obedient unto death, even the death of the cross.

Wherefore God also hath highly exalted him, and given him a name which is above every name: That at the name of Jesus every knee should bow, of things in heaven, and things in earth, and things under the earth; And that every tongue should confess that Jesus Christ is Lord, to the glory of God the Father.
Philippians 2:5-11

Do You Think All Men Love....

Because strait is the gate, and narrow is the way, which leadeth unto life, and few there be that find it. Beware of false prophets, which come to you in sheep's clothing, but inwardly they are ravening wolves. Matthew 7:14-15

The LORD Jesus....

Of sin, because they believe not on me; John 16:9

I Think Not....

Enter ye in at the strait gate: for wide is the gate, and broad is the way, that leadeth to destruction, and many there be which go in thereat: Matthew 7:13-15

~

Be Blessed Beloved Of The KING

The LORD bless thee, and keep thee:
The LORD make his face shine upon thee, and be gracious unto thee:
The LORD lift up his countenance upon thee, and give thee peace.

And they shall put my name upon the children of Israel; and I will bless them. Numbers 6:24-27

Love, You Brother Joe

• 2 weeks later...

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  12
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  31
  • Content Per Day:  0.01
  • Days Won:  0

On 8/2/2016 at 3:26 PM, BK1110 said:

"God is a God of both love and holiness; you cannot separate the two."

I wish more people would start realizing this.

• 2 weeks later...

• Group:  Junior Member
  • Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  1
  • Content Count:  90
  • Content Per Day:  0.02

no because you cant love anybody perfectly... the only One that can is Jesus and Jesus Love is perfect and it does not hurt but brings life.

• Followers:  7
  • Content Count:  31
  • Content Per Day:  0.01
  • Birthday:  01/31/1988

On 31 July 2016 at 7:46 PM, Rick_Parker said:

What a loaded question! GOD loves everyone so perfectly that HE became man - Jesus Christ - and gave His life so that you could live forever with HIM. If man refuses GOD's free gift of salvation, than man chooses eternal torment (which you choose to call hell). How much more fairer can one get? Letting man choose their own destiny. HE does not hurt us, we choose for ourselves. What is your point with posting all these vailed attacks against GOD?

Wow, so true hey. Love your answer..Simple just go back to the basics, which is the word of God..John 3:16 For GOD so loved the world that He gave his one and only Son, that whoever believes in him shall not perish but have eternal life. Coz I am an imperfect person, who is perfectly loved by GOD..

• 7 months later...

• Group:  Seventh Day Adventist
  • Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Topics Per Day:  0
  • Content Count:  281
  • Content Per Day:  0.10

BK1110 is correct in saying the interpretation of hell is a huge concern & it has led many away from God before even looking into His love.

Basing it on what most of Christendom believe I would say its unfair. So my answer to you is before you post things you know nothing about & by trying to support you theory  by loaded questions. Get knowledge on the subject first.

You haven't told us your concept of hell or do you believe the devil was correct in his saying  that "you will not surly die"

I hope you look into it more, Jesus loves you

• 1 month later...

• Followers:  10
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Topics Per Day:  0
  • Content Count:  46
  • Content Per Day:  0.02

On 7/31/2016 at 5:03 AM, fantasymay said:

Yes: Then hell is fair.

No: Then hell is not fair.

Well,if you break the law, is the ticket fair? The ticket is the penalty for the crime.

Romans 6:23 the wages for sin is death... but the gift of God is that he freely gives us everlasting life in Christ Jesus.

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  3
  • Content Count:  159
  • Content Per Day:  0.06
  • Birthday:  08/17/1952

The entire question is based upon a very dangerous premise, that God is flawed. For if one can prove that God's love is flawed, then one can disprove everything God has done, whether it be from mercy, grace or retribution. If one assumes God is flawed, then one has responsibility for their own soul.

The real problem is that whether or not we believe in God, he believes in us and our disbelief in no way invalidates His status as Creator and Supreme Judge. So, since we have free will (granted to us by God), we can take responsibility for our own souls. Unfortunately, nobody has successfully negotiated life and entered into eternity all by themselves. Those that have tried historically have lived pretty much tragic and pointless lives. While those of us (weaklings), who trusted in Christ have suffered and died for a Savior that died sacrificially for us. The difference being, by and large, that our lives gave some measure of glory to God and, by being in line with God's promises, we have all had a hope and a purpose for eternity. If you do not believe in God, you have no purpose for your life.

Accusing God of partiality is perhaps an astute observation, but it is not an observation to gamble your eternal destiny upon.

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  96
  • Topic Count:  304
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  18,094
  • Content Per Day:  4.65
  • Days Won:  327

Well said No124get1952  

• Content Count:  499
  • Content Per Day:  0.19

On 7/31/2016 at 8:03 AM, fantasymay said:

Started by fantasymay, July 31, 2016

Yes: Then hell is fair.

No: Then hell is not fair.

Reminds me of the story of the man living downstream of a big dam.

A torrential rain starts, various authorities come and warn him of the danger and offer a way to safety, even when he is stranded on the roof. 

He keeps responding, "I don't need your help, God will look after me"

Well the dam bursts and the guy dies.

He sees God in the afterlife and says "Why did you let me die?"

God says..."I sent you help but you didn't take it"

We know God busts into the most difficult situations. I'm convinced, although we may not see it or know of it, he does it in the life of everyone we know.

Is it Gods fault he died? Is God responsible for that?Is God being fair?

I think there may be an assumption in fantasymay's question that God is unloving because he is causing someone suffering in hell and lets that happen. 

Allow me one more analogy. A man is living in a mansion, everything he needs is being provided for him by some extremely rich person. Even though all his needs are being met, he decides he can do a better job of the decision making and dismisses the provider.

Turns out he is not so good at providing for himself, definately not as good as the rich provider, it's a lot of work and compared to what he had, it's hell.

Thing is, he won't acknowledge that it is better with the rich provider and he continues to believe that he can do it, he continues to believe that he  will be able to reach that greatness himself.....and he continues in his struggle, on and on never achieving the happiness he seeks.

Is the rich guy that got jilted unfair? Is the man missing out on something beautiful, something he will never attain but forever pursue, always knowing there is something better yet never admitting that the rich guy could help him... and would? 

Did the rich guy cause the mans demise?

I can't help but believe that God makes EXHAUSTIVE efforts in every one of our lives (look at the OT efforts with Israel) and is heartbroken when someone becomes so hardened in their own self that they won't accept the incredible life he is offering......then die.

This is a thought provoking chain.

• Content Count:  499
  • Content Per Day:  0.19

On 9/2/2016 at 1:38 PM, RonNicky said:

Wow, so true hey. Love your answer..Simple just go back to the basics, which is the word of God..John 3:16 For GOD so loved the world that He gave his one and only Son, that whoever believes in him shall not perish but have eternal life. Coz I am an imperfect person, who is perfectly loved by GOD..

Might add the often forgotten verses 17 and 18 to that to really drive home the point

Joh 3:17  Because God sent the Son into the world, not to condemn the world, but that the world might be saved through him. 
Joh 3:18  Whoever believes in him is not condemned, but whoever does not believe has already been condemned, because he has not believed in the name of God's unique Son.