• Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  48
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  2,491
  • Content Per Day:  0.54
  • Days Won:  1
  • Birthday:  02/02/1971

26 minutes ago, Yowm said:

Hmbld, he just brushes off those Epistles because they were written by Paul, including 2Tim 3:16

thanks, yes I did consider that.  Still wanted to include that as we don't get to pick and choose sections of scripture to disregard, 

8 hours ago, Yowm said:

Hmbld, he just brushes off those Epistles because they were written by Paul, including 2Tim 3:16

That's why I quoted Luke: since Luke is also a Gospel writer, his calling Paul an apostle in Acts cannot be discounted.

22 hours ago, Knowingtruth said:

Luke can be trusted more than Paul since he doesn't brag of special revelation to him like Paul. Both Luke and Paul were not aware of the symbolic significance of calling twelve by Jesus. I reiterate again that Jesus never called Paul an apostle. 

Yet as I posted previously: Luke calls Paul an Apostle in Acts.

1 hour ago, Yowm said:

I already pointed that out to him...he just discounts it all.

Okay then; if he's just gonna plug his ears and keep going "na na na" because he doesn't hear what he wants, then he truly has no point to prove and he's done here.

Some good points on your part Yowm.

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  14
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  625
  • Content Per Day:  0.16
  • Days Won:  0

6 hours ago, RobertS said:

That's why I quoted Luke: since Luke is also a Gospel writer, his calling Paul an apostle in Acts cannot be discounted.

Who do you believe? Jesus or a rank outsider and a Gentile, Luke?

Guest shiloh357
20 hours ago, Knowingtruth said:

Paul indicates in some places that it is his concession and not a commandment of the Lord. Peter wrote that Paul wrote according to his wisdom. Who, meanwhile, accepted all of the NT is God's words? Jesus' words are of paramount importance. I accept all writings that complement Lord's preaching.

1. First of all when Paul said he was speaking and that what he said did not come from a commandment of the Lord, what he was referring to was the words of Jesus in the Gopels.  The Gospels were already in existence and were in circulation during Paul's ministry.   The Corinthian church was asking Paul questions and Paul was referring to the Gospels for his answers, but they were asking questions about issues that Jesus did not address in the Gospel.   Paul was still under the inspiration of the Holy Spirit and he admitted that Jesus had not, during His earthly ministry addressed the specific issues that the Corinthians had raised.  

2.  Peter did not say Paul wrote according to his own wisdom.  That is just a made up lie.

3. Peter said that Paul's words are scriptures that false teachers pervert to their own destruction.

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  29
  • Topic Count:  599
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  56,234
  • Content Per Day:  7.56
  • Days Won:  271

21 hours ago, Knowingtruth said:

Peter explains the reason to fill up the vacant apostleship with the death of Judas. Remember Jesus had given them the Holy Spirit even before the Pentecost for continuing with His ministry in His physical absence. Sure, Jesus picked up Paul as a chosen vessel, not as apostle.

Then I guess you disagree with Luke.... do you disregard all his writings?

2 hours ago, shiloh357 said:

1. First of all when Paul said he was speaking and that what he said did not come from a commandment of the Lord, what he was referring to was the words of Jesus in the Gopels.  The Gospels were already in existence and were in circulation during Paul's ministry.   The Corinthian church was asking Paul questions and Paul was referring to the Gospels for his answers, but they were asking questions about issues that Jesus did not address in the Gospel.   Paul was still under the inspiration of the Holy Spirit and he admitted that Jesus had not, during His earthly ministry addressed the specific issues that the Corinthians had raised.  

2.  Peter did not say Paul wrote according to his own wisdom.  That is just a made up lie.

3. Peter said that Paul's words are scriptures that false teachers pervert to their own destruction.

1) Why such statements have not been made by the chosen apostles? What did Paul train Corinthians when he was there for nearly one and a half years. Did he not even the explain the significance of the communion? What was he observing during his stay there for such a long duration? Why writing from another place on some strange observation, like, speaking in unknown tongue? So Paul was giving instructions on matters unrelated spiritual aspects? If they had been that important Jesus certainly would have spoken on that.

2) So you deny what has been recorded by Peter?
2 Peter 3
15 And account that the longsuffering of our Lord is salvation; even as our beloved brother Paul also according to the wisdom given unto him hath written unto you;

3) Peter never said that Paul's is scripture. That is your interpretation-logic.

2 hours ago, other one said:

Then I guess you disagree with Luke.... do you disregard all his writings?

I ask the same question. You disregard Jesus and His call. Luke cannot offer you salvation. 

22 minutes ago, Davida said:

Jesus Fulfills the Law

17Think not that I am come to destroy the law, or the prophets: I am not come to destroy, but to fulfil. 18For verily I say unto you, Till heaven and earth pass, one jot or one tittle shall in no wise pass from the law, till all be fulfilled. 19Whosoever therefore shall break one of these least commandments, and shall teach men so, he shall be called the least in the kingdom of heaven: but whosoever shall do and teach them, the same shall be called great in the kingdom of heaven.

20For I say unto you, That except your righteousness shall exceed the righteousness of the scribes and Pharisees, ye shall in no case enter into the kingdom of heaven.

I think by cherry-picking scripture, you are doing exactly the same as the Scribes and Pharisees that Jesus rebuked ,since you are misinformed & reject everything the Father in heaven has given us in the Bible and put your own interpretation on it, you are acting just as blindly.  You cannot pull out Jesus from the Word of God & actually know Him in full. The entire Bible is God given for our instruction in truth.  

God's Word is Living and Active
11Let us, therefore, make every effort to enter that rest, so that no one will fall by following the same pattern of disobedience. 12For the word of God is living and active. Sharper than any double-edged sword, it pierces even to dividing soul and spirit, joints and marrow. It is able to judge the thoughts and intentions of the heart. 13Nothing in all creation is hidden from God’s sight; everything is uncovered and exposed before the eyes of Him to whom we must give account.…

I'm afraid you are choosing to live merely by a personal philosophy "in" JESUS.

You are proving that you rather believe rank outsiders than Jesus and His chosen apostles.