• Content Count:  8,651
  • Content Per Day:  1.18
  • Days Won:  4
  • Birthday:  03/04/1943

On 1/22/2017 at 6:56 PM, JohnD said:

Which begs the question "what IS the Sabbath?"

:emot-heartbeat:

The Celebration Of The Six Day Creation

Remember the sabbath day, to keep it holy.

Six days shalt thou labour, and do all thy work:

But the seventh day is the sabbath of the LORD thy God: in it thou shalt not do any work, thou, nor thy son, nor thy daughter, thy manservant, nor thy maidservant, nor thy cattle, nor thy stranger that is within thy gates:

For in six days the LORD made heaven and earth, the sea, and all that in them is, and rested the seventh day: wherefore the LORD blessed the sabbath day, and hallowed it. 
Exodus 20:8-11

• Group:  Graduated to Heaven
  • Followers:  208
  • Topic Count:  60
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  8,651
  • Content Per Day:  1.18
  • Days Won:  4
  • Birthday:  03/04/1943

On 10/31/2016 at 2:57 AM, shiloh357 said:

So what do think the consequences will be for Christians who do not keep the Sabbath day?

:emot-heartbeat:

They Will Walk

And when he had called the people unto him with his disciples also, he said unto them, Whosoever will come after me, let him deny himself, and take up his cross, and follow me. Mark 8:34

As Jesus Walked

Or have ye not read in the law, how that on the sabbath days the priests in the temple profane the sabbath, and are blameless?

But I say unto you, That in this place is one greater than the temple.

But if ye had known what this meaneth, I will have mercy, and not sacrifice, ye would not have condemned the guiltless.

For the Son of man is Lord even of the sabbath day. Matthew 12:5-8

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  1
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  47
  • Content Per Day:  0.02
  • Days Won:  0

On 10/9/2016 at 0:24 PM, AndyMan said:

If I was to ask God, "God which is the sabbath day of the week, Saturday or Sunday ?" Which day would he say. 

God bless.

AndyMan 

Our Lord told us that the sabbath day and the Lord's day are the same thing . See the book of Matthew chapter 12 and verse 8.

The Sabbath day is that last day upon which God our father rested after laboring in creation. Saturday, by our calendar.

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  7
  • Content Count:  1,028
  • Content Per Day:  0.23
  • Days Won:  1

On 1/24/2017 at 1:58 PM, other one said:

and we do that every day of the week for we have the spirit of God within us all the time.

and if Jesus did work on the sabbath, then why should we be concerned about it....    it's beyond me how these kinds of threads can run so long.

Because when a list is given in the bible of the things people practice that will keep them from inheriting the Kingdom, sabbath breakers isn't one of them. So the argument is worshiping on the wrong day is on the list. But it isn't. But yes it is, no it isn't.............................and our salvation is thwarted by not keeping the law. Well not the law of Moses but creation law and the ten commandments which is not the schoolmaster, guardian but the 600+ so ya. I was in  cult as a young man and I get these odd emotions when reading these type things. For this issue to be the ONE thing that will keep you from eternity with God I would think it would be central in just about every epistle established firmly in the council in Acts 15, but it isn't. So they have to create an argument for unique inclusiveness of their group.

Every member of David Koresh's branch davidians were SDA. How can the true sabbath worshipers of God get to a place that they would give their wives over to another man because his seed is the only pure seed? Bewitching legalism.

Edited by Zemke

• Group:  Seventh Day Adventist
  • Topic Count:  10
  • Content Count:  480
  • Content Per Day:  0.16

Do you hav any proof to provide about SDA/Branch Davidian statement?   Obviously you don't.

If anyone follows God's law the ten commandments, they will not commit adultery, as the ten commandments forbid this...bet you didn't know this right?

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  29
  • Topic Count:  593
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  55,768
  • Content Per Day:  7.55
  • Days Won:  270

4 minutes ago, heretoeternity said:

Do you hav any proof to provide about SDA/Branch Davidian statement?   Obviously you don't.

If anyone follows God's law the ten commandments, they will not commit adultery, as the ten commandments forbid this...bet you didn't know this right?

but if you follow Jesus's 2 commandments you won't even want to......   there in lies the difference....      Matthew Chapter 25 starting with about verse 30 speaks of Jesus judging people and some he sends to heaven and some he sends to hell, and the things he spoke of that sent the one group to hell had noting to do with the ten commandments....   You could live your entire life and never break one of the ten commandments and still go to hell...

• Group:  Members
  • Topic Count:  1
  • Content Count:  47
  • Content Per Day:  0.02

6 minutes ago, other one said:

but if you follow Jesus's 2 commandments you won't even want to......   there in lies the difference....      Matthew Chapter 25 starting with about verse 30 speaks of Jesus judging people and some he sends to heaven and some he sends to hell, and the things he spoke of that sent the one group to hell had noting to do with the ten commandments....   You could live your entire life and never break one of the ten commandments and still go to hell...

True. Good people every day die and end up separated from God for eternity. Because while alive they did not receive his grace and accept Jesus as savior.

• Group:  Seventh Day Adventist
  • Topic Count:  10
  • Content Count:  480
  • Content Per Day:  0.16

If one has truly received "salvation" through Jesus sacrifice, and God's grace, the repentance should follow..if you do not want to keep God's commandments, then salvation is doubtful, because God's Holy spirit will help you keep the Commandments if you ave truly received salvation...you might note 1st John 3.4 sin is transgression of God's law.    James 2 also confirms faith without works is dead...and Paul in Romans 3.31 do we make void the law through faith? God forbid. We establish the law.

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  29
  • Topic Count:  593
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  55,768
  • Content Per Day:  7.55
  • Days Won:  270

9 minutes ago, heretoeternity said:

If one has truly received "salvation" through Jesus sacrifice, and God's grace, the repentance should follow..if you do not want to keep God's commandments, then salvation is doubtful, because God's Holy spirit will help you keep the Commandments if you ave truly received salvation...you might note 1st John 3.4 sin is transgression of God's law.    James 2 also confirms faith without works is dead...and Paul in Romans 3.31 do we make void the law through faith? God forbid. We establish the law.

If you have truly received salvation you will keep the commandments that Jesus gave us for the new covenant...   the two main ones are love God and Love each other.....    and things like being baptized and spreading the gospel.   The old testament laws are not up to what Jesus wants out of us.

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  7
  • Content Count:  1,028
  • Content Per Day:  0.23
  • Days Won:  1

4 hours ago, heretoeternity said:

All you need to do is type in SDA / David Koresh Branch Davidians Connection and take your pick on reading. I have read and been taught all of the members were SDA and some say more than two thirds.  The statements about giving their wives over came from those who had left the group prior to the deaths of the group.

And that's the thing, they did know at some point about not committing adultery but somehow the downward spiral of events led them to do just that.

Maybe following commandments as a justification isn't the way, didn't work out so well in the old covenant. The Holy Spirit has convicted me on many things in my life and I know wrong from right but I have never had the heavy conviction and been led to a place of repentance over going to fellowship on Sunday as being wrong and sinful. There are people so confused and hurting in this world and many of them enemies and we are called to love them. Denying ourselves, pouring our lives out for others because we are dead to self and alive to Christ. That's the path we are to be on and it is straight and narrow.

Many of us including me, because we have it so good, battle with the basics of the christian walk. but getting caught up in solving our struggles with legalities is a wrong move.

Edited by Zemke