• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  35
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  1,533
  • Content Per Day:  0.56
  • Days Won:  1

3 hours ago, ZacharyB said:

Aaaaah, all pastors, teachers, evangelists, etc. have accusing spirits.

Thanks for that revelatory Christmas present. Mucho gracias!

You're welcome Zachery.

You equate believing to be a work but it isn't.  Believing is spiritaul and has no physical component.  The scripture says God is a Spirit and those that worship Him must worship in the spirit.  That exclude any physical component.

You're responders are right, if you do not believe in OSAS then you do not believe in what Jesus did on the cross.  You only pay lip service to Jesus but in your heart you do not believe in what He did for mankind.  For it is God that has said Jesus' shed blood atoned for, paid for, all the sins of the world.  If you do not believe in the work of Jesus on the cross; His shed blood that pays for sins of the flesh, then you have no way to be saved.

Why would a rational person continue to seek forgiveness for sins when that person knows that they have already been forgiven on the cross?  They would only do it when they do not believe Jesus' shed blood has redeemed them.  That is where you are.

The pardon that Jesus gave to manklind is real but if you don't believe it exists then you can't  have any faith in it.  The just shall live by faith in the work of God but it seems you have only faith in yourself.  There has been enough said to you to make a person stop and ponder if what he/she believes is correct but you have hardened your heart against the truth.

Those that believe in conditional salvation are not set free.  You are not set free.  But I am set free and have my joy in what God has done for me and all those that place their faith in what He did for us on the cross.  But, as you say, you do not believe Jesus has already paid for your sins.  To do this you must believe His work on the cross was not finished and He must do it over and over again everytime you seek forgiveness.

Rom 6:10
10 For the death that He died, He died to sin once for all; but the life that He lives, He lives to God. 
NKJV

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  68
  • Topic Count:  185
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  14,224
  • Content Per Day:  3.34
  • Days Won:  30

On 12/22/2016 at 7:15 AM,  ZacharyB said: 

Dearest Deplorable, when are you going to make the GIANT leap

into considering the 100+ dire warnings given in the NT?

They ALL must be reconciled with ALL of the other NT verses!

IMO, they are only for God's elect (chosen ones) to help them get safely home.

This is what you replied to me after I posted.  That is where it came from even after I posted to you that I was walking in the Spirit.  So I had to wonder where you were coming from.  

• Group:  Junior Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  4
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  105
  • Content Per Day:  0.04
  • Days Won:  0

I could be mistaken in reading the first post but, it sounds like legalism to me.  

Also, I'd say that God is merciful to sinners. And that's why he calls them into his grace. This way when we repent of our sins, and are re-born in Christ and God's mercy, we are no longer a sinner. 

That is just me though. I'm not here to lead people to my way of thinking. Just sharing. It is relationship not a dogmatic goose step obedience trip in my view. 

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  48
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  2,491
  • Content Per Day:  0.55
  • Days Won:  1
  • Birthday:  02/02/1971

44 minutes ago, Blue Lotus said:

I could be mistaken in reading the first post but, it sounds like legalism to me.  

Also, I'd say that God is merciful to sinners. And that's why he calls them into his grace. This way when we repent of our sins, and are re-born in Christ and God's mercy, we are no longer a sinner. 

That is just me though. I'm not here to lead people to my way of thinking. Just sharing. It is relationship not a dogmatic goose step obedience trip in my view. 

Aye, without the guidance of the Holy Spirit I don't stand a chance of fulfilling any of it!  Any works must be a result, not in any way helping to continue to save myself!  

• Group:  Junior Member
  • Topic Count:  4
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  105
  • Content Per Day:  0.04

2 minutes ago, hmbld said:

Aye, without the guidance of the Holy Spirit I don't stand a chance of fulfilling any of it!  Any works must be a result, not in any way helping to continue to save myself!  

That's the way of it isn't it? The gospel? If we could save ourselves by working hard and in a good spirit God would have known that. He wouldn't have promised a savior to the world way back in the old testament. And then sent one in the new. 

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  30
  • Topic Count:  265
  • Topics Per Day:  0.07
  • Content Count:  13,172
  • Content Per Day:  3.49
  • Days Won:  12
  • Birthday:  10/06/1947

On ‎14‎/‎12‎/‎2016 at 0:52 AM, ZacharyB said:

John 14:15 • “If you love Me, keep My commandments.”

John 14:21 • “He who has My commandments and keeps them, it is he who loves Me.”

John 14:23 • “If anyone loves Me, he will keep My word; and My Father will love him

John 14:24 “He who does not love Me does not keep My words”

John 15:14 • “You are My friends if you do whatever I command you.”

Does anyone get to heaven …

who does not love Jesus, who is not His friend, who does not keep His commandments?

James 1 (NKJV):

12 Blessed is the man who endures temptation; for when he has been approved,

he will receive the crown of life which the Lord has promised to those who love Him.

14 But each one is tempted when he is drawn away by his own desires and enticed. 

15 Then, when desire has conceived, it gives birth to sin;

and sin, when it is full-grown, brings forth (eternal) death.

16 Do not be deceived, my beloved brethren. 

James is warning these beloved brethren (1:16) …

Believers who love Jesus will overcome the temptation to sin, and thus will be approved,

and receive the crown of (eternal) life … instead of earning eternal death.

He is echoing Paul’s warning in Romans 6 …

Believers must choose to be slaves of obedience, which leads to righteousness and holiness,

instead of choosing to be slaves of sin … which leads to eternal death.

There are 2 opposites above in James 1 …

Overcoming sinning à the crown of life … compared to … Sinning à eternal death

“The believer who perseveres will receive the crown of life.

The ‘crown of life’ is the crown of victory over sin, or the crown of victory in our life’s race.

The main meaning of the crown of life is salvation, or eternal life.”

… The Applied New Testament Commentary -- Thomas Hale, 1996, ChariotVictor Publishing

(Dr. Hale is a Spirit-filled believer who served as a medical missionary with Interserve in Nepal.)

Revelation 2 (NKJV):

10 … Be faithful until death, and I will give you the crown of life.

11 He who has an ear, let him hear what the Spirit says to the churches.

He who overcomes shall not be hurt by the second death.

Jesus considers being “faithful” has to do with overcoming sin, etc. (see Revelation 3:21).

He certainly does not define an overcomer as one who believes He is the Son of God.

The second death is being cast into the Lake of Fire (Revelation 20:14 and 21:8).

There are 2 opposites above in Revelation 2 …

Being faithful until death à the crown of life … vs … Not overcoming à eternal death!

“Above all, the church at Smyrna needed encouragement and strength to endure persecution.

If they remained firm to the end – to the point of death – they would receive the crown of life,

that is, eternal life (see Mark 13:13, 1 Cor 9:25, 1 Pet 5:4) … The second death mentioned here

means eternal death; it is the final punishment for all evildoers.”

… The Applied New Testament Commentary -- Thomas Hale, 1996, ChariotVictor Publishing

Please notice that there are NO crowns (plural) mentioned anywhere above!

No different crowns of varying values … re: rewards.

When it comes to the crown of life, there is only one … the crown of eternal life!

The crown of life is also called the crown of righteousness • 2 Timothy 4:7-8

The crown of life is also called the imperishable crown • 1 Corinthians 9:24-27

The crown of life is also called the crown of glory • 1 Peter 5:1-4

Revelation 3:11 (NKJV) “Hold fast what you have, that no one may take your crown.”

Definitely not Happy Holidays! … but … Merry Christmas!

Hi ZacharyB,

You have some really good thoughts there concerning Israel and the Body of Christ. However you make the mistake of thinking they all apply to us.

Israel had to obey the law which revealed there inability to do it, thus making way for the understanding of the need of Christ`s sacrifice.

The Body of Christ, however, are now in Christ & as we walk by the Holy Spirit we will fulfil all the commandments and more, for we do it by the Holy Spirit from our hearts.

Marilyn. 

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Topic Count:  49
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  410
  • Content Per Day:  0.13

On ‎12‎/‎23‎/‎2016 at 11:54 AM, Willa said:

On 12/22/2016 at 7:15 AM,  ZacharyB said: This is what you replied to me after I posted.  

That is where it came from even after I posted to you that I was walking in the Spirit.  

So I had to wonder where you were coming from.  

IF you are walking in the Spirit, I am not passing on God's warnings to you!

I am warning the so-called "believers" who are living in habitual sin.

Habitual sinners are unrepentant sinners,

not believers who sin occasionally and repent.

FYI, Paul in Hebrews wrote that the DISOBEDIENT are living in UNBELIEF.

Edited by ZacharyB