IGNORED

Do I just have wrong impression or it's true?

LPTSTR

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  1,265
  • Topics Per Day:  0.44
  • Content Count:  2,637
  • Content Per Day:  0.92
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  02/04/1972

On 2/10/2017 at 7:35 PM, LPTSTR said:

Do I just have false impression or am I right? To me personally it looks like the percentage of people with at least bachelors degree in sciences is much lower among christians than in non-christians. By sciences I mean physics, chemistry, computers (and related), maths, engineering, etc. I have noticed from 100 christians (who are at student age) I know from my hometown churches there is roughly 3 - 4 people who have bachelors or higher in sciences. However it seems that when I would take randomly 100 students from university then the percentage of of sciences would be much higher. The Christans (not that much but still) seem to end their education with high school or when they go to university/college they would study something soft such as arts, languages, psychology, hairdressing, class teacher (for basic school/kindergarten), etc. I dont come from Christian family/background so I thought I would ask here if it only looks so or if it's really so. And if it is so then what could be behind it?

Dear LPTSTR,

Grace and mercy and peace from God our Father and the Lord Jesus Christ.

I do not know if what you're saying really has any foundation. If this is true, I consider this a positive thing, especially if people are failing to engage in the science of this world to focus on Jesus Christ and the things pertaining to His Heavenly Kingdom. After all, instead of getting involved with the things of this world, we must focus on the heavenly virtues:

·        “And I, brethren, when I came to you, came not with excellency of speech or of wisdom, declaring unto you the testimony of God. For I determined not to know any thing among you, save Jesus Christ, and him crucified. And I was with you in weakness, and in fear, and in much trembling. And my speech and my preaching was not with enticing words of man's wisdom, but in demonstration of the Spirit and of power: that your faith should not stand in the wisdom of men, but in the power of God.” (1Corinthians 2.1-5).

·        “Lay not up for yourselves treasures upon earth, where moth and rust doth corrupt, and where thieves break through and steal: but lay up for yourselves treasures in heaven, where neither moth nor rust doth corrupt, and where thieves do not break through nor steal: for where your treasure is, there will your heart be also.” (Matthew 6.19-21).

·        “If ye then be risen with Christ, seek those things which are above, where Christ sitteth on the right hand of God. Set your affection on things above, not on things on the earth. For ye are dead, and your life is hid with Christ in God.” (Colossians 3.1-3).

May Jesus help us to cease trying to find our life in this world (Matthew 10.39) and let Him live His life in us (Galatians 2:20).

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  905
  • Topics Per Day:  0.19
  • Content Count:  9,646
  • Content Per Day:  2.02
  • Days Won:  9

If the fewer numbers of Christians in scientific *anything* is true, it is not because Christians have abandoned science because it disproves Christianity.
It is because of the unmitigated bullying of those who hold to macro-evolution  (despite all the scientific evidence disproving macro-evolution) who have to resort to
the bullying to obfuscate the fact that their blind faith in macro-evolution is utter foolishness.

Bullies (especially those who champion untruth as truth) bully the most.

Intolerant (especially those who champion untruth as truth) people tolerate the least.

The 2016 election results indicate to me the one thing the evil bullies and intolerant liberals fear most... a unified opposition by the religious right / centrists.

Such statistics about fewer Christians will soon change in every scenario now that the evil divide and conquer tactics will be met with unified opposition.

Check back with us sometime in the near future.

• Group:  Mars Hill
  • Followers:  12
  • Topic Count:  12
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  7,689
  • Content Per Day:  2.39
  • Days Won:  20

On 2/10/2017 at 3:35 PM, LPTSTR said:

Hi!

Do I just have false impression or am I right? To me personally it looks like the percentage of people with at least bachelors degree in sciences is much lower among christians than in non-christians. By sciences I mean physics, chemistry, computers (and related), maths, engineering, etc. I have noticed from 100 christians (who are at student age) I know from my hometown churches there is roughly 3 - 4 people who have bachelors or higher in sciences. However it seems that when I would take randomly 100 students from university then the percentage of of sciences would be much higher. The Christans (not that much but still) seem to end their education with high school or when they go to university/college they would study something soft such as arts, languages, psychology, hairdressing, class teacher (for basic school/kindergarten), etc. I dont come from Christian family/background so I thought I would ask here if it only looks so or if it's really so. And if it is so then what could be behind it?

It looks simply like your impression is right.  (Lifetime Christians have noted this and similar observations, often without wondering why - they see YHWH'S PLAN and PURPOSE from HIS WORD being verified ...).

The reason(s) likewise are found in SCRIPTURE, but not usually accepted in the world nor in the worldly churches or most groups. (I didn't read thru the thread yet.....  just the OP..)

• Followers:  18
  • Topic Count:  200
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  2,795
  • Content Per Day:  0.65
  • Days Won:  1
  • Birthday:  07/26/1952

5 hours ago, Thallasa said:

I do not agree with you that Islam is the greatest danger .

Okay, so what do you think is the greatest danger?

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  54
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  2,428
  • Content Per Day:  0.88

13 hours ago, Pie said:

I don't know where I stand on evolution.

Like your reply in general, but the above sticks out.

A born again believer does not accept the theory of evolution as the Bible states clearly that God created the earth and mankind and all the universe.  [ Genesis ] .   I cannot fathom a million years and  as scientist put figures of 3 and more billions years, it is just mind blowing concepts, but then again that's what they do, analyze and quantify things.  

Today's science do show evidence of earth being more than six thousands years, but to me i just don't know and i don't worry about the facts about it.   

• Topic Count:  439
  • Topics Per Day:  0.06
  • Content Count:  7,315
  • Content Per Day:  0.93

On 2/10/2017 at 2:35 PM, LPTSTR said:

Hi!

I took sociology in my freshman year of college. Chapter 1 of the text showed a normative study comparing "religious"and non religious persons with respect to longevity. Statistics were skewed to suggest religious persons tended to be poorly educated dullards with little regard for their own safety. Looking back, it reminded me of Uncle Tom's Cabin and portraying people of color as racially inferior to whites. 

The halls of learning tended to be overtly hostile, with unabashed intimidation towards religion. I suggest you watch, "God Is Not Dead". It drives home the point and it's exactly what I experienced in college. 

For me personally, I entered my freshman year a self-avowed atheist and finished graduate school a firm believer. Liberals insist they're interested in "truth" which ironically is just what I wanted and found in Jesus Christ. He is the truth and apart from Him there is no other.

sovereign creator.jpg

• Followers:  18
  • Topic Count:  200
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  2,795
  • Content Per Day:  0.65
  • Days Won:  1
  • Birthday:  07/26/1952

I guess I was lucky because I went to collage in the mid 1970's and this whole war over God hadn't started yet. At least not on my campus. I only remember 2 philosophy professors mentioning God and they only did to explain the subject matter. From what I read online it sounds like today a religious student might be better off not saying anything unless he wants to argue with people. Or he should look for those who agree and only discuss God with them. I'm comparing this to a problem I had in collage. I was a serious psychology major, meaning I planned on going on to graduate school. Back then the big issue was between Behaviorists and Freudian's. After 2 yrs I learned there was no compromise possible so I only discussed my views with students of like mind, unless I wanted to argue. If I was in school today I would do this concerning God also.     

• Followers:  29
  • Topic Count:  597
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  56,116
  • Content Per Day:  7.56
  • Days Won:  271

15 hours ago, Catsmeow said:

I took sociology in my freshman year of college. Chapter 1 of the text showed a normative study comparing "religious"and non religious persons with respect to longevity. Statistics were skewed to suggest religious persons tended to be poorly educated dullards with little regard for their own safety. Looking back, it reminded me of Uncle Tom's Cabin and portraying people of color as racially inferior to whites. 

The halls of learning tended to be overtly hostile, with unabashed intimidation towards religion. I suggest you watch, "God Is Not Dead". It drives home the point and it's exactly what I experienced in college. 

For me personally, I entered my freshman year a self-avowed atheist and finished graduate school a firm believer. Liberals insist they're interested in "truth" which ironically is just what I wanted and found in Jesus Christ. He is the truth and apart from Him there is no other.

sovereign creator.jpg

it is sooo good to see you posting....  I trust things are going well.