IGNORED

Why is speaking in tounges controversal?

Heavenunlimited

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  34
  • Topic Count:  1,989
  • Topics Per Day:  0.49
  • Content Count:  48,687
  • Content Per Day:  11.89
  • Days Won:  226

5 minutes ago, other one said:

i was a baptist when i started speaking in tongues and I know several Baptists that pray in tongues as I do.....     We just don't make a bit issue out of it.

Do all denomination of Baptists speak and pray in tongues? I don't think enoob does but I might be wrong :noidea:

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  29
  • Topic Count:  593
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  55,874
  • Content Per Day:  7.56
  • Days Won:  271

13 minutes ago, missmuffet said:

Do all denomination of Baptists speak and pray in tongues? I don't think enoob does but I might be wrong :noidea:

I don't know of any who do so in public

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  34
  • Topic Count:  1,989
  • Topics Per Day:  0.49
  • Content Count:  48,687
  • Content Per Day:  11.89
  • Days Won:  226

4 minutes ago, other one said:

I don't know of any who do so in public

I mean in private or public. Speaking and praying in tongue....period.

• Followers:  29
  • Topic Count:  593
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  55,874
  • Content Per Day:  7.56
  • Days Won:  271

1 hour ago, missmuffet said:

I mean in private or public. Speaking and praying in tongue....period.

It seems to be an individual thing, not a denominational thing.

• Group:  Graduated to Heaven
  • Followers:  208
  • Topic Count:  60
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  8,651
  • Content Per Day:  1.18
  • Days Won:  4
  • Birthday:  03/04/1943

1 minute ago, other one said:

It seems to be an individual thing....
not a denominational thing....

:thumbsup:

As The Spirit

Why, brothers, covet to prophesy, and forbid not to speak with tongues. 1 Corinthians 14:39 (American King James Version)

Leads

Now to each one the manifestation of the Spirit is given for the common good. To one there is given through the Spirit a message of wisdom, to another a message of knowledge by means of the same Spirit, to another faith by the same Spirit, to another gifts of healing by that one Spirit, to another miraculous powers, to another prophecy, to another distinguishing between spirits, to another speaking in different kinds of tongues, and to still another the interpretation of tongues All these are the work of one and the same Spirit, and he distributes them to each one, just as he determines. 1 Corinthians 12:7- 11 (New International Version)

:emot-heartbeat:

Be Blessed Beloved Of The KING

The LORD bless thee, and keep thee:
The LORD make his face shine upon thee, and be gracious unto thee:
The LORD lift up his countenance upon thee, and give thee peace.

And they shall put my name upon the children of Israel; and I will bless them. Numbers 6:24-27 (King James Bible)

Love, Your Brother Joe

~

Thy word is true from the beginning: and every one of thy righteous judgments endureth for ever. Psalms 119:160 (King James Bible)

The Bible contains the mind of God, the state of man, the way of salvation, the doom of sinners, and the happiness of believers. Its doctrines are holy, its precepts are binding, its histories are true, and its decisions are immutable.

Read it to be wise, believe it to be safe, and practice it to be holy. It contains light to direct you, food to support you, and comfort to cheer you.

It is the traveler’s map, the pilgrim’s staff, the pilot’s compass, the soldier’s sword and the Christian’s charter. Here too, Heaven is opened and the gates of Hell disclosed.

Christ is its grand subject, our good its design, and the glory of God its end. It should fill the memory, rule the heart and guide the feet. Read it slowly, frequently and prayerfully.  It is a mine of wealth, a paradise of glory, and a river of pleasure.

It is given you in life, will be opened at the judgment, and be remembered forever. It involves the highest responsibility, rewards the greatest labor, and will condemn all who trifle with its sacred contents.

From The Inside Of My Gideon New Testament

On 2/21/2017 at 9:03 PM, Ezra said:

All the spiritual gifts are for the edification of others...
Private self-edification is simply not taught regarding tongues....

:mgdetective:

No

But you, dear friends, as you build yourselves up in your most holy faith and pray in the Holy Spirit, Jude 1:20 (Holman Christian Standard Bible)

Prayers

In the same way, the Spirit helps us in our weakness. We do not know what we ought to pray for, but the Spirit himself intercedes for us through wordless groans. And he who searches our hearts knows the mind of the Spirit, because the Spirit intercedes for God’s people in accordance with the will of God. Romans 8:26-27 (New International Version)

For Sinners ?

And these signs will accompany those who believe: in my name they will cast out demons; they will speak in new tongues; Mark 16:17 (English Standard Version)

https://www.blueletterbible.org/Comm/smith_chuck/HolySpirit/hs_21.cfm

&

https://www.blueletterbible.org/Comm/smith_chuck/HolySpirit/hs_22.cfm

Chuck Smith Pours His Heart Out

Now this particular gift has definite restrictions and limitations on its use. First of all, in a person's own personal devotions there is no limitation on the use of the gift. You can speak in tongues in your own personal devotions just as much and just as often as you please. There are no restrictions whatsoever. In fact, Paul thanks God that he speaks in tongues more than all of the Corinthians. It was a popular gift in the Corinthian church and many people liked to exercise the gift to an excess. Paul said,

I thank my God, I speak with tongues more than ye all: Yet in the church I had rather speak five words with my understanding, that [by my voice] I might teach others also, than ten thousand words in an unknown tongue. (1 Corinthians 14:18-19)

Have Fun~!

:)

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  53
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  2,371
  • Content Per Day:  0.87
  • Days Won:  0

12 hours ago, WholeyGod'schild said:

The level of your comfort and use of the speaking in tongues is individual and is a be answered or rejected, as God gives us free will to except his gifts, or reject them. The Holy Spirit is a gentleman and does not bring forth the gift unless you are willing, and in a place physically, and spiritually to exercise it.

Then i must say that you have not been to a real pentecostal church, because that is not the way it is manifested there.  Sometimes the pastor would be preaching and would let out a few non-english words and it this could lead to others starting to speaking in tongues ect.  No interpretation is given and the session can end and the  pastor continue with the service.   At the culmination of a pentecostal service it is usually heightened with energetic praise and worship and the eruption of tongues for those who speak would take place.   The laying on of hands and the slaying of the spirit  accompany this.  This i found to be real spiritual forces, but is it genuine or false spirits.    All this can't be happening in one segment of the church while other churches are rather passive and it is service as usual and then home.  

Edit.  I should clarify my statement as i understand also there are many types of pentecostal church  that has different beliefs in the tongue speaking and other items of beliefs. 

Edited by warrior12

3 minutes ago, warrior12 said:

Then i must say that you have not been to a real pentecostal church, because that is not the way it is manifested there.  Sometimes the pastor would be preaching and would let out a few non-english words and it this could lead to others starting to speaking in tongues ect.  No interpretation is given and the session can end and the  pastor continue with the service.   At the culmination of a pentecostal service it is usually heightened with energetic praise and worship and the eruption of tongues for those who speak would take place.   The laying on of hands and the slaying of the spirit  accompany this.  This i found to be real spiritual forces, but is it genuine or false spirits.    All this can't be happening in one segment of the church while other churches are rather passive and it is service as usual and then home.  

• Followers:  56
  • Topic Count:  1,664
  • Topics Per Day:  0.20
  • Content Count:  19,763
  • Content Per Day:  2.39
  • Days Won:  28

My favorite way of praying is in the Spirit :emot-heartbeat:

1 Cor .14:15

15 What am I to do? I will pray with my spirit, but I will pray with my mind also; I will sing praise with my spirit, but I will sing with my mind also.:emot-heartbeat:

Eph.6:8

18 praying at all times in the Spirit, with all prayer and supplication. To that end, keep alert with all perseverance, making supplication for all the saints,:emot-heartbeat:

When we have no words:

26 Likewise, the Spirit helps us in our weakness. For we do not know what to pray for as we ought, but the Spirit himself intercedes for us with groanings too deep for words  Romans 8:26:emot-heartbeat:

• Group:  Junior Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  1
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  216
  • Content Per Day:  0.08
  • Days Won:  0

1 cor. 12;12-22

12 For even as the body is one and yet has many members, and all the members of the body, though they are many, are one body, so also is Christ. 13 For [j]by one Spirit we were all baptized into one body, whether Jews or Greeks, whether slaves or free, and we were all made to drink of one Spirit.

14 For the body is not one member, but many. 15 If the foot says, “Because I am not a hand, I am not a part of the body,” it is not for this reason [k]any the less a part of the body. 16 And if the ear says, “Because I am not an eye, I am not a part of the body,” it is not for this reason [l]any the less a part of the body. 17 If the whole body were an eye, where would the hearing be? If the whole were hearing, where would the sense of smell be? 18 But now God has placed the members, each one of them, in the body, just as He desired. 19 If they were all one member, where would the body be? 20 But now there are many members, but one body. 21 And the eye cannot say to the hand, “I have no need of you”; or again the head to the feet, “I have no need of you.” 22 On the contrary, [m]it is much truer that the members of the body which seem to be weaker are necessary;