Retrobyter

A vesture dipped in blood

115 posts in this topic

Posted (edited)

Shabbat shalom, everyone.

In the Revelation of Yeshua` the Messiah, we read...

Revelation 19:11-13
11 And I saw heaven opened, and behold a white horse; and he that sat upon him was called Faithful and True, and in righteousness he doth judge and make war.
12 His eyes were as a flame of fire, and on his head were many crowns; and he had a name written, that no man knew, but he himself.
13 And he was clothed with a vesture dipped in blood: and his name is called The Word of God.
KJV

I know what the Scriptures say, but I'm just curious. What do you think this statement means? Whose blood is it on His vesture? His own? Someone else's?

Edited by Retrobyter
to add color for Scripture
2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Retrobyter said:

Shabbat shalom, everyone.

In the Revelation of Yeshua` the Messiah, we read...

Revelation 19:11-13
11 And I saw heaven opened, and behold a white horse; and he that sat upon him was called Faithful and True, and in righteousness he doth judge and make war.
12 His eyes were as a flame of fire, and on his head were many crowns; and he had a name written, that no man knew, but he himself.
13 And he was clothed with a vesture dipped in blood: and his name is called The Word of God.
KJV

I know what the Scriptures say, but I'm just curious. What do you think this statement means? Whose blood is it on His vesture? His own? Someone else's?

Hi Retrobyter,

Interesting question there bro. I immediately thought of Isaiah 63

`Who is this who comes from Edom, with dyed garments from Bozrah, this one who is glorious in His apparel, travelling in the greatness of His strength? "I who speak in righteousness, mighty to save." Why is your apparel red, and your garments like one who treads in the winepress?

"I have trodden the winepress alone, and from the peoples no one was with me. For I have trodden them in my anger, and trampled them in my fury; their blood is sprinkled upon my garments and I have stained all my robes."

For the day of vengeance is in my heart....` (Isa. 63: 1 - 4) 

Marilyn,

3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Christ as the slain Lamb in Revelation speaks of redemption by blood; here blood represents divine judgment upon evil people. Christ is the judge of all.

1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Marilyn C said:

Hi Retrobyter,

Interesting question there bro. I immediately thought of Isaiah 63

`Who is this who comes from Edom, with dyed garments from Bozrah, this one who is glorious in His apparel, travelling in the greatness of His strength? "I who speak in righteousness, mighty to save." Why is your apparel red, and your garments like one who treads in the winepress?

"I have trodden the winepress alone, and from the peoples no one was with me. For I have trodden them in my anger, and trampled them in my fury; their blood is sprinkled upon my garments and I have stained all my robes."

For the day of vengeance is in my heart....` (Isa. 63: 1 - 4) 

Marilyn,

Shabbat shalom, Marilyn.

Yes, that was my thought as well. But, if He's supposed to have just come from "Heaven," then why does He already have the blood of these from Edowm on His attire? Isn't He coming there to wage war with ... well ... everyone who's an enemy?

1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, Retrobyter said:

Shabbat shalom, Marilyn.

Yes, that was my thought as well. But, if He's supposed to have just come from "Heaven," then why does He already have the blood of these from Edowm on His attire? Isn't He coming there to wage war with ... well ... everyone who's an enemy?

Hi Retro,

Yes I believe the Lord comes from heaven, and then proceeds to the `winepress,` which is outside Jerusalem.

`....the great winepress of the wrath of God. And the winepress was trampled outside the city, and blood came out of the winepress up to the horse`s bridles, for one thousand furlongs.` (Rev. 14: 19 & 20)

`Let the nations be wakened, and come up to the Valley of Jehoshaphat; for there I will sit to judge all the surrounding nations. Put in the sickle, for the harvest is ripe. Come, go down; for the winepress is full, the vats overflow - for their wickedness is great.` (Joel 3: 12 & 13)

Marilyn.

2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 minutes ago, Marilyn C said:

Hi Retro,

Yes I believe the Lord comes from heaven, and then proceeds to the `winepress,` which is outside Jerusalem.

`....the great winepress of the wrath of God. And the winepress was trampled outside the city, and blood came out of the winepress up to the horse`s bridles, for one thousand furlongs.` (Rev. 14: 19 & 20)

`Let the nations be wakened, and come up to the Valley of Jehoshaphat; for there I will sit to judge all the surrounding nations. Put in the sickle, for the harvest is ripe. Come, go down; for the winepress is full, the vats overflow - for their wickedness is great.` (Joel 3: 12 & 13)

Marilyn.

So, when did WILL He have time to get His clothes "dipped in blood?"

1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, missmuffet said:

Christ as the slain Lamb in Revelation speaks of redemption by blood; here blood represents divine judgment upon evil people. Christ is the judge of all.

Shabbat shalom, missmuffet.

I don't doubt it at all, but let's bring this down to reality and look at the particulars. "Divine judgment upon evil people" is not just a phrase that "Christ is the Judge of all"; it means that people are going to DIE, that they are going to SUFFER for their crimes, their sins! "Blood" is not just a symbol; it's LITERAL!

1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
36 minutes ago, Marilyn C said:

Hi Retro,

Yes I believe the Lord comes from heaven, and then proceeds to the `winepress,` which is outside Jerusalem.

`....the great winepress of the wrath of God. And the winepress was trampled outside the city, and blood came out of the winepress up to the horse`s bridles, for one thousand furlongs.` (Rev. 14: 19 & 20)

`Let the nations be wakened, and come up to the Valley of Jehoshaphat; for there I will sit to judge all the surrounding nations. Put in the sickle, for the harvest is ripe. Come, go down; for the winepress is full, the vats overflow - for their wickedness is great.` (Joel 3: 12 & 13)

Marilyn.

Shabbat shalom, again, Marilyn.

By the way, what version did you get Rev. 14:19 & 20 from? The KJV says, 

Revelation 14:19-20
19 And the angel thrust in his sickle into the earth, and gathered the vine of the earth, and cast it into the great winepress of the wrath of God.
20 And the winepress was trodden without the city, and blood came out of the winepress, even unto the horse bridles, by the space of a thousand and six hundred furlongs.
KJV

That's a six hundred furlong difference! By the way, using the Roman "stadium" or "stade" (Greek: stadios), 1600 stadia would be 184 miles. (One thousand stadia would only be 115 miles.)

1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
57 minutes ago, Retrobyter said:

So, when did WILL He have time to get His clothes "dipped in blood?"

Hi Retro,

I see the `winepress` & the `blood on his clothes,` as a symbolic picture of the Lord dealing with the great army outside Jerusalem. Yes the people`s blood is real & will flow, 1,600 furlongs (my correction there, bro, thanks) out to the Jordan valley & up & down it, nearly the length of Israel.

Marilyn. 

1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, Marilyn C said:

Hi Retro,

I see the `winepress` & the `blood on his clothes,` as a symbolic picture of the Lord dealing with the great army outside Jerusalem. Yes the people`s blood is real & will flow, 1,600 furlongs (my correction there, bro, thanks) out to the Jordan valley & up & down it, nearly the length of Israel.

Marilyn. 

Shabbat shalom, Marilyn.

So, I think you're saying that Revelation 14:19-20 comes AFTER Revelation 19:13? Then, how could He already have the blood on His clothes in Revelation 19:13?

1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites