• Topic Count:  265
  • Topics Per Day:  0.07
  • Content Count:  13,130
  • Content Per Day:  3.50
  • Days Won:  12
  • Birthday:  10/06/1947

3 minutes ago, Retrobyter said:

Shabbat shalom, Marilyn.

So, I think you're saying that Revelation 14:19-20 comes AFTER Revelation 19:13? Then, how could He already have the blood on His clothes in Revelation 19:13?

Hi Retro,

Rev. 14 is a proclamation of what is to come -

1. TO LIFE `Fear God and give glory to Him...` (Rev. 14: 7)

2. TO DESTRUCTION – `Babylon is fallen, is fallen, that great city;...` (Rev. 14: 8)

3. TO ETERNAL FIRE - `If anyone worships the beast.....he shall be tormented with fire...forever.` (Rev. 14: 9 – 11)

Marilyn.

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  9
  • Topic Count:  40
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  6,543
  • Content Per Day:  1.07
  • Days Won:  1
  • Birthday:  10/28/1957

12 minutes ago, Marilyn C said:

Hi Retro,

Rev. 14 is a proclamation of what is to come -

1. TO LIFE `Fear God and give glory to Him...` (Rev. 14: 7)

2. TO DESTRUCTION – `Babylon is fallen, is fallen, that great city;...` (Rev. 14: 8)

3. TO ETERNAL FIRE - `If anyone worships the beast.....he shall be tormented with fire...forever.` (Rev. 14: 9 – 11)

Marilyn.

Shabbat shalom, Marilyn.

Oh, okay. Then, how does one get blood out of a proclamation? See, Yeshua` (Jesus) already has the blood on His vesture in Rev. 19:13, but supposedly, He just got there!

Edited by Retrobyter

• Followers:  30

59 minutes ago, Retrobyter said:

Shabbat shalom, Marilyn.

Oh, okay. Then, how does one get blood out of a proclamation? See, Yeshua` (Jesus) already has the blood on His vesture in Rev. 19:13, but supposedly, He just got there!

Hi Retro,

The proclamation no. 3 includes -

`...he himself shall also drink of the wine of the wrath of God, ..` (Rev. 14: 10)

This `wine` comes from the great winepress of God.

`And the winepress was trampled outside the city, and blood came out of the winepress, up to the horse`s bridles, for one thousand and six hundred furlongs.` (Rev. 14: 20)

The details of that `wine of God`s wrath` is given as a great wine press. Quite an apt picture, don`t you think?

Marilyn.

5 hours ago, inchrist said:

My answer is going to be completely different  

I believe the vester dipped in blood is the virgin brides blood after consummating the marriage. The biblical custom of retaining a blood stained sheet or cloth from the bed where a marriage is consummated for all to see

Shabbat shalom, inchrist.

Definitely "completely different!" Can't say I agree (or even want to agree)! The whole vesture?! I think the bride bled out!

7 hours ago, Marilyn C said:

Hi Retro,

The proclamation no. 3 includes -

`...he himself shall also drink of the wine of the wrath of God, ..` (Rev. 14: 10)

This `wine` comes from the great winepress of God.

`And the winepress was trampled outside the city, and blood came out of the winepress, up to the horse`s bridles, for one thousand and six hundred furlongs.` (Rev. 14: 20)

The details of that `wine of God`s wrath` is given as a great wine press. Quite an apt picture, don`t you think?

Marilyn.

Shabbat shalom, Marilyn.

Yes, it's quite an "apt picture." However, that still doesn't answer the "when" problem ... UNLESS you're now saying that it was done BEFORE Revelation 19:13. Is that what you're saying? Could you give some detail?

• Group:  Junior Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  11
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  155
  • Content Per Day:  0.05
  • Days Won:  0

Hi Retrobyter,

I will give you my opinion.

Jesus will come on the day of the Lord (one twenty-four hour day) when the seventh trumpet sounds.  He will gather His elect as shown in Matthew 24:29-31,  Mark 13:24-27 and Luke 21:27-28.  This is the gathering of the bride for the wedding.

He will then go down to fight against the nations that are coming against the land of Israel; the Battle of Armageddon (Zechariah 12, 13 and 14; and Ezekiel 38-39).  He will stain his clothes in the great winepress of the wrath of God.  This is shown in Isaiah 63 and Revelation 14:14-20.  Joel also shows events of the day of the Lord.

After He has defeated the nations that are coming against the land of Israel and slain the wicked and evil people (where He will stain His vesture red), He will take His bride up to the Father in heaven.  There will be a period of five months after the day of the Lord has ended when those that are left on the earth will feel the effects of God's wrath (Revelation 9:5-6).

After the five months of torment on earth are over, the marriage of the Lamb will take place in heaven (Revelation 19).  The return of Jesus on the white horses will follow the wedding.  Jesus stained His vesture on the day of the Lord, five months earlier.

The beast and the false prophet were defeated on the day of the Lord, but not destroyed.  When Jesus returns on the white horses the beast and the false prophet will be taken and eventually thrown into the lake of fire (Revelation 19:20).  The remnant of the armies of the beast will be slain at that time (Revelation 19:21).

3 hours ago, inchrist said:

You got to remember theres lot of wedding imagery that is going on here. Rev 19 pictures the bride and groom about to enter into the wedding feast.

The entire point of the Consummation the bride was to certify the bride’s virginity, and this "cloth" would be passed out of the room to be taken to the brides parents who would keep it as insurance against any false accusation against the bride for any impurity. This is a picture of the blood of the covenant.

When the bride and groom emerged from the "bridal chamber" after seven days, the marriage supper would take place.

It would explain why Christ is robe dipped in blood before the wedding feast. The whole imagery has wedding overtones

Shabbat shalom, inchrist.

Sorry, but that's not good enough. The word translated "dipped" in Revelation 19:13 is "bebammenon," a form of the word "baptoo":

NT:911 baptoo (bap'-to); a primary verb; to overwhelm, i.e. cover wholly with a fluid; in the N. T. only in a qualified or specially, sense, i.e. (literally) to moisten (a part of one's person), or (by implication) to stain (as with dye):
KJV - dip.

(Biblesoft's New Exhaustive Strong's Numbers and Concordance with Expanded Greek-Hebrew Dictionary. Copyright © 1994, 2003, 2006 Biblesoft, Inc. and International Bible Translators, Inc.)

It's the root of the word "baptizoo":

NT:907 baptizoo (bap-tid'-zo); from a derivative of NT:911; to immerse, submerge; to make overwhelmed (i.e. fully wet); used only (in the N. T.) of ceremonial ablution, especially (technically) of the ordinance of Christian baptism:
KJV - Baptist, baptize, wash.

(Biblesoft's New Exhaustive Strong's Numbers and Concordance with Expanded Greek-Hebrew Dictionary. Copyright © 1994, 2003, 2006 Biblesoft, Inc. and International Bible Translators, Inc.)

We're not just seeing a little blood on the hem of His garment nor is it a little more blood spattered on the skirt of His robe. This is a TOTAL SUBMERSION of the garment in blood to stain it THOROUGHLY! It was not white with some red on it; it was red all over!

That does NOT fit the scenario you're trying to paint here.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  17
  • Topic Count:  50
  • Content Count:  3,727
  • Content Per Day:  1.05
  • Days Won:  5

17 hours ago, Retrobyter said:

Shabbat shalom, everyone.

In the Revelation of Yeshua` the Messiah, we read...

Revelation 19:11-13
11 And I saw heaven opened, and behold a white horse; and he that sat upon him was called Faithful and True, and in righteousness he doth judge and make war.
12 His eyes were as a flame of fire, and on his head were many crowns; and he had a name written, that no man knew, but he himself.
13 And he was clothed with a vesture dipped in blood: and his name is called The Word of God.
KJV

I know what the Scriptures say, but I'm just curious. What do you think this statement means? Whose blood is it on His vesture? His own? Someone else's?

Hi Retro

It's his own blood.

Christ has returned with his old battle clothes on to show the world that it's him whom they killed and did not believe.

But that first battle was spiritual, and he spilt no other man's blood, but his own.

....and this time, he will spill their blood with "his word" as he's prepared for battle again, having all power and great authority to judge the nations and war the armies of Armageddon who have gathered against him.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  34
  • Topic Count:  1,989
  • Topics Per Day:  0.49
  • Content Count:  48,687
  • Content Per Day:  11.89
  • Days Won:  226

2 hours ago, Sister said:

Hi Retro

It's his own blood.

Christ has returned with his old battle clothes on to show the world that it's him whom they killed and did not believe.

But that first battle was spiritual, and he spilt no other man's blood, but his own.

....and this time, he will spill their blood with "his word" as he's prepared for battle again, having all power and great authority to judge the nations and war the armies of Armageddon who have gathered against him.

I deny your interpretation.

• Followers:  30

8 hours ago, Retrobyter said:

Shabbat shalom, Marilyn.

Yes, it's quite an "apt picture." However, that still doesn't answer the "when" problem ... UNLESS you're now saying that it was done BEFORE Revelation 19:13. Is that what you're saying? Could you give some detail?

Hi Retro,

Yes that is what I am saying. Rev. ch. 14 onwards, is the 4th vision of the Lord. It reveals Him as the Judge, who gives life or condemns to death. So we get the proclamations, the declarations of what is to follow. Then bit by bit we see the outworking of those `words` of judgment.

Hope that explains my thoughts, Marilyn.