Sign in to follow this  
Limey_Bob

Could we have a separate forum for non-Trinitarians

Admins: could we have a separate forum for non-Trinitarian sects, so that we could discuss their particular false doctrines. If any Jehovah's Witness, Mormon or Oneness Apostolic were to join these forums, then we could evangelize them and help them to see the truth of the Trinity and Christ's full humanity and deity. I've made cult evangelism as specialization for many years, my having come out of the Oneness (Apostolic - Jesus Only) movement in 1989. A separate chat room for such cults might attract a few brave souls to come and visit us, please don't argue about people being corrupted or their faith compromised, as there are more than enough people who can give a good Trinitarian witness to these cults, I myself although not a DD or an expert, nonetheless do have 28 years experience in evangelizing cults.

I am not the owner of the site, but from my experience over the years, George did not want to further divide the site into denominations or beliefs.  The truth is able to reach everyone anywhere on the site.

• Thumbs Up 1

23 hours ago, OneLight said:

I am not the owner of the site, but from my experience over the years, George did not want to further divide the site into denominations or beliefs.  The truth is able to reach everyone anywhere on the site.

I just want to witness to the non-Trinitarians, if you have boards for JWs / Mormons / Oneness you might attract more of these people here and we can then preach the true gospel to them.

I really can't speak for George.  What I can say is that there are many other sites that are designed in the way you are talking about.  I am sure George knows about them, yet he decided to not do go that route.  This site is different in a few ways. 

First, you will see in the TOS that we are all equal on this site where titles are not accepted in usernames, like Rev. or Dr..

Second, as I said, the body is divided enough as it is and this site is trying to unite through truth, not further divide.

Third, this discussion forum is a small part of a larger ministry based out of Israel called Worthy Network.  This is how they decided the site should be developed and ran.

You actually need to speak to George about your ideas, not the admins or the members.  None of us have the ability to change anything here.

• Thumbs Up 1

I moved this thread to the Questions for George Forum so he is aware of your request.

• Thumbs Up 1

On 5/3/2017 at 0:22 PM, OneLight said:

If you have specific forums for JW beliefs, Mormon beliefs etc then we might attract those people who are willing to discuss with us their beliefs.

Limey, I've been here going on 14 years now, and we have plenty of different groups come by to discuss their faith. We really don't need separate forums.  If they come openly in a forum like that people would really not give what they say a real read for anything in that forum is not really Christianity. They (we) would approach it defensively.

If specific sub-forums were created, only those interested in speaking with them about their beliefs would go there.  For the most part, it would see little traffic, if any at all.  Most people would not want to discuss Mormon or JW faith, but will defend their own.  Not everyone is called to be an apologist.

Those who hold that particular belief would feel more isolated than if they posted in a regular forum where they become part of the regular discussion.  I see those sub-forums as being more divisive then inclusive.

Guest Teditis

I'd be torn on the issue of separate forums... the idea is a good one, no doubt, but it's inherently fraught with lots of extra work

and would attract many, many more people/people-types.

George would have to set it up so that it would be functional for each forum... not just one general area for different denominations.

That would require hours of work. Then he'd have to get more Mods involved in the site... he'd need several new ones that would help

with all the bickering that would naturally go on between groups that held strong disagreement with other groups. Think about it... he

would set up a forum for say JW's, that would need to be interesting enough to attract JW's here and make them feel like this is a site

where they can fellowship freely with each other. But then many Fundamentalists would want to go in there and tell them how off-base

their doctrine is. Threads would be derailed, fighting and bickering... people being banned from threads if not the site. Then multiply all

of that for as many different forums you want set up. The Mods would be busy indeed.

It might even get so big, Worthy could lose the homey feeling that makes it attractive to many. So IDK...

Honestly, CARM is designed for this purpose.  We're not looking to recreate the wheel so to speak, we just do what we do -- and try to do it the best way we can.  We'll reach whom God sends our way.  We reach thousands of new people daily through our Worthy Briefs, our Worthy Sites, and through our Facebook pages.  We're already at the point where we really don't have the staff to expand into any new ventures as it is.  Our traffic is through the roof and we're a bit understaffed as it is -- until I return to Israel -- which is this week by the way! :)  Praise God!

Sign in to follow this  

• Similar Content

• By Omegaman 3.0
      I was saved in 1979 and soon after, I was attending an adult Sunday School class at Melodyland in Anaheim, CA, taught by Walter Martin. I had been doing some Bible study on my own on the topic of being filled with the Spirit. In that, I had noticed that the idea of "boldness" was very frequently associated with Spirit filling. I was very privileged to hear Dr. Martin speak to how boldness can be used in our lives as Christian.
      I really miss this man, but really was blessed to watch him speak passionately again in this video, about things the should matter to Christians who love the people for whom Christ died! This is Part 1, Part 2 will follow in a separate post in this thread.

• By Behold
      Lets define "legalism" as defined by Paul, as Webster is not using the NT as context.
      "Legalism" is Galatians 1:8  ""there be some that trouble you, and would pervert the gospel of Christ. [8] But though we, or an angel from heaven, preach any other gospel unto you than that which we have preached unto you, let them be accursed. """"
      Notice that Legalism, taught or preached, "perverts" the Gospel.  It subverts the Blood Atonement.  It actually attacks the Cross, by denying Jesus full credit do for saving you and keeping you saved.  It offends God, and that is why he curses the person and the message.
      Legalism, is the teaching that "faith + works" is what saves you and keeps you saved.   And this "gospel" is a perversion of the truth.  Its actually a denial of the Lord's words..spoken from the Cross = "it is Finished"....meaning The Blood Atonement.....Salvation.
      Let me explain it more clearly....
      This verse is referring to a person (Legalist) who is preaching a gospel that is a blend of Jesus, the Cross, and their Works. (commandment keeping, enduring to the end, holding onto their faith.....etc, etc, etc.)
      Legalism, a Legalist, will give lip service, = a false presentation of the Gospel.
      And the way they always do it, is by adding 10 commandment keeping, and lifestyle, as a PART of the Blood Atonement.
      In other words, the Legalist, who is usually not actually born again, but is very apt at speaking "christianese", and uses bible verses, and goes to different Christian fourms to annoy and create chaos......will always defend the LAW and 10 Commandments as "necessary" to be saved, instead of giving FULL CREDIT DUE, to the One who died on the Cross, who HIMSELF is Grace and Salvation.

Here is how you spot a lying legalist on a Christian forum.
      Its so easy.
      THis is how they "sound".

"Yes, i know that Christ is the savior......BUT".

"yes, i know that Jesus saves......BUT"

See that "but"? That is the sign of the Legalist.
      They can never EVER agree that Jesus and the Blood of Christ is all that God accepts to save you and keep you saved.
      They can't agree with this, because they do not believe it.

A Legalist, will always, add WORKS, 10 commandments", TO THE CROSS, and then they will all add LIFESTYLE, as well.., as this is how they are "working out their own salvation".
      The gospel of the legalist, is "faith + works".
      The Gospel of God is "The Cross".

See their problem?
      Its a BIG One.

A legalist sounds like this when they teach or preach....>."""now we know that Jesus saves, but, you ALSO have to ..........1. 2. ....3. 4.. 40.....do all this""

See all that?
      THAT IS Galatians 1:8
      THat is "cursed of GOD" theology and PERSON, because it is adding to the Cross, self righteous works, and this denies The Lord His full credit due, for Salvation.
      This offends God, who is Jesus on the Cross, and that is why there is a literal CURSE on anyone who teaches or preaches that ... "The Cross + Works, commandments, lifestyle" is the Gospel.....is Salvation.

How do YOU discover if you have fallen from Grace, and you are become a legalist. ??
      Very simple.
      You just answer this simple question.
      Q.) Do you believe that Jesus Christ keeps you saved?

I didnt ask you if He saved you.
      I asked you if you believe that He KEEPS You saved?

A Legalist is not being honest if they say yes, because a legalist believes that enduring to the end, keeping your faith, living a holy life, keeping the law and the 10 commandments, is what is keeping THEM saved., so that is why they preach this cursed of God gospel to others.
      So, be careful reader, as a legalist has deceived themselves, so, that is what they will also offer you.

B
    • By jeremiah1five
      When I first was born-again and received knowledge that I was a son of God and that I was ALWAYS a son of God I used to believe just as the majority of those in Christendom that the kingdom of

God was an actual kingdom with a king, (with a realm or location, with subjects, a royal court, a castle or mansion, etc.), all the fixings of what we all commonly know in this earth as a kingdom.

But I was wrong. We were wrong. Christendom was wrong and still is. 

Matthew 12:28 (KJV)
      28 But if I cast out devils by the Spirit of God, then the kingdom of God is come unto you.

Luke 11:20 (KJV)
      20 But if I with the finger of God cast out devils, no doubt the kingdom of God is come upon you.

Question: What is Jesus Christ doing?
      Answer: Jesus Christ is casting out 'devils.'

Jesus Christ is, in effect, saying that He is the kingdom of God. A kingdom OF GOD that has come 'unto you.'
      This 'kingdom' is not the same as the kingdom of heaven. This kingdom (of heaven) does have a king, a realm, a court, subject, etc.

Luke 17:20-21 (KJV)
      20 And when he was demanded of the Pharisees, when the kingdom of God should come, he answered them and said, The kingdom of God cometh not with observation:
      21 Neither shall they say, Lo here! or, lo there! for, behold, the kingdom of God is within you.

The apostle Paul adds to this truth when he says:

Romans 14:17 (KJV)
      17 For the kingdom of God is not meat and drink; but righteousness, and peace, and joy in the Holy Ghost.

The kingdom of God is Christ.
      Christ is within 'you.'
      Christ is righteousness, peace, and joy... all the deific attributes of Christ Himself. And flesh has inherited Christ as Promised by God to His people Israel, and spiritual Israel.

And this is our inheritance as named souls that were contemplated by God in Trinity in His Mind BEFORE He created heaven earth and man.
      His Elect people were written in a 'book' of life of the lamb slain from [BEFORE] the foundation (creation) of the world (Rev. 13:8).

1 Corinthians 15:50 (KJV)
      50 Now this I say, brethren, that flesh and blood cannot inherit the kingdom of God; neither doth corruption inherit incorruption.

The unsaved cannot inherit the kingdom of God who is Christ:

John 14:17 (KJV)
      17 Even the Spirit of truth; whom the world cannot receive, because it seeth him not, neither knoweth him: but ye know him; for he dwelleth with you, and shall be in you.

The unsaved who are not named in the book of life of the lamb slain... a.k.a., the world, CANNOT RECEIVE Christ. No way, no how.
      So, there are two groups of people on the planet, always has been: those in Covenant with God, and those not in Covenant with God.
      Righteousness = The Father
      Peace = the Son, the Prince of Peace
      Joy = the Holy Spirit.

Go figure.

• By JW Answers
      The Jehovah's Witnesses claim that Jesus is not the Alpha and Omega, yet the Bible says He is.. what are your views?

Please watch my latest video on this subject... It is fundamental to know who The Lord Jesus of the Bible is...
      Edited by Omegaman 3.0
      If you want to see the video search YouTube for "Jehovah's Witnesses, Is Jesus the Alpha and Omega?" on the JW Answers channel

• By KiwiChristian
      Hi guys.

i am feeling really lonely in a mostly-jw and non-trinitarian forumn.

Could use some help and backup!
      I am Jesus Defender there.
      https://www.theworldnewsmedia.org/topic/55859-the-trinity-and-it’s-false-theology/?page=3&tab=comments#comment-91873