Zoltan777

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  22
  • Topic Count:  139
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  4,229
  • Content Per Day:  1.23
  • Days Won:  0

What I can't understand are people who claim to be bible believing Christians yet pick and choose what they want to believe is truth what what they want to justify with worldly current opinions instead of accepting Gods word for being Gods words.

If you want to debate the bible using worldly scientific opinions, then the bible as it is written is just a big fairy tale story book with absolutely no credibility to it from today scientific opinions and conjectures.

or

it is the TRUE WORD of GOD and what is written in it is the truth of events as they occurred.

There are many events in the bible that if not taken by faith and belief in God, can pass only as fantastic fiction at best.

Beginning with Genesis Chapter one

God created the heavens and the earth,

The sun and moon came afterwards ,

The God created the firmaments in the midst of the waters and divided the waters which were under the firmament from the waters above the firmament and it was so.

If we stop right here, the binning of the bible in genesis, support a flat earth theory .

the earth was created before the sun and the moon.

How can that ever support the globe theory?

all thought the bible in many different passages is there ref to a flat earth not a globe rotating around the sun.

In the bible the sun and  the moon are rotating around the earth as are the stars above under the dome firmament.

Some here who are posting have tried to defent the book of Enoch and say that is confirms much of the bible and bring even greater insight into the fallen angels and who the nephilim are. Well the book of Enoch(which I am not a fan of) does also agree with the flat earth theory.

so clearly people who claim to be bible believers many are choosing what they want to believe did happen and is true and many others are picking and choosing what they want to bevel as a true occurrence that happened in the bible.

I know that for me as a bible believing christian, if I pick and choose what I want to believe is true and and what i want to believe as not true in the bible, well I might as well doubt everything that the bible ever has said occurred.

The thing is that I am a believer, I can see the consistency of everything written in the bible from genesis to Christ Jesus coming on to the earth to buy us back from our sin nature that commenced in the garden of Eden and follows up until today. Christ Jesus came to redeem mankind from the power of deception from the power of sin. I believe this with all my heart and have asked God to be my Father and have asked for His forgiveness through the blood Atonement of His son Christ Jesus, and have asked the Holy Spirit of god to please come in and make His home in my heart and to guide me , heal me, correct me throughout my life. and He has. This is what confirms to me every day my faith in God is REAL and WORKING and the power of His WORDS have come alive in my heart. What God has done in my life and turned a sinner into a redeemed sinner by His divine Mercy & Grace.

so for me yes I accept all that is written from genesis to revelation to be Gods word. And God in turn has given me understanding for such things that of myself I could never have come to understand.

God requires faith from us.

without Faith it is impossible to please God. and therefore it is us who disable God from working in us by our very own lack of beleif and faith .

Hebrews 11:6-8

But without faith it is impossible to please him: for he that cometh to God must believe that he is, and that he is a rewarder of them that diligently seek him.

By faith Noah, being warned of God of things not seen as yet, moved with fear, prepared an ark to the saving of his house; by the which he condemned the world, and became heir of the righteousness which is by faith.

By faith Abraham, when he was called to go out into a place which he should after receive for an inheritance, obeyed; and he went out, not knowing whither he went.

Edited by 1to3

• Followers:  11
  • Topic Count:  19
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  3,396
  • Content Per Day:  0.90
  • Days Won:  4
  • Birthday:  12/26/1963

6 minutes ago, 1to3 said:

What I can't understand are people who claim to be bible believing Christians yet pick and choose what they want to believe is truth what what they want to justify with worldly current opinions instead of accepting Gods word for being Gods words.

EXACTLY !  thumbsup.gif

You may Carry On.

regards

• Loved it! 1

• Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  11
  • Content Count:  4,058
  • Content Per Day:  14.86

Way to kill a thread people.  Bravo!!!  Some people add no value to a thread topic and should be placed on Ignore if not reported for being disruptive.

• Followers:  6
  • Topic Count:  29
  • Content Count:  5,240
  • Content Per Day:  2.10

8 minutes ago, 1to3 said:

The thing is that I am a believer, I can see the consistency of everything written in the bible from genesis to Christ Jesus coming on to the earth to buy us back from our sin nature that commenced in the garden of Eden and follows up until today. Christ Jesus came to redeem mankind from the power of deception from the power of sin. I believe this with all my heart and have asked God to be mt Father and have asked for His forgiveness through the blood Atonement of His son, and have asked the Holy Spirit of god to please come in and make His home in my heart and to guide me , heal me, correct me throughout my life. and He has. This is what confirms to me every day my faith in God is REAL and WORKING and the power of His WORDS have come alive in my heart. What God has done in my life and turned a sinner into a redeemed sinner by His divine Mercy & Grace.

I too, am a believer, and a follower of Christ. Everything you describe here is beautiful and good, and I have experienced it myself. I would suggest that the Bible is always true, but our interpretation of it can be in error. When scientific facts (like a round earth) seem to conflict with the Bible, perhaps it is interpretation that is in error and not the Bible itself! Thank God that these things are not salvation issues. We are saved by the acceptance and commitment to Jesus Christ.

• Loved it! 1

• Followers:  6
  • Topic Count:  29
  • Content Count:  5,240
  • Content Per Day:  2.10

16 minutes ago, Saved.One.by.Grace said:

Way to kill a thread people.  Bravo!!!  Some people add no value to a thread topic and should be placed on Ignore if not reported for being disruptive.

Sorry :-( I got that out of my system and am ready to move on.

• Loved it! 1

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  22
  • Content Count:  295
  • Content Per Day:  0.12

1 hour ago, 1to3 said:

If you want to debate the bible using worldly scientific opinions, then the bible as it is written is just a big fairy tale story book with absolutely no credibility to it from today scientific opinions and conjectures.

or

it is the TRUE WORD of GOD and what is written in it is the truth of events as they occurred.

There are many events in the bible that if not taken by faith and belief in God, can pass only as fantastic fiction at best.

Beginning with Genesis Chapter one

God created the heavens and the earth,

The sun and moon came afterwards ,

The God created the firmaments in the midst of the waters and divided the waters which were under the firmament from the waters above the firmament and it was so.

If we stop right here, the binning of the bible in genesis, support a flat earth theory .

the earth was created before the sun and the moon.

How can that ever support the globe theory?

all thought the bible in many different passages is there ref to a flat earth not a globe rotating around the sun.

In the bible the sun and  the moon are rotating around the earth as are the stars above under the dome firmament.

Some here who are posting have tried to defent the book of Enoch and say that is confirms much of the bible and bring even greater insight into the fallen angels and who the nephilim are. Well the book of Enoch(which I am not a fan of) does also agree with the flat earth theory.

so clearly people who claim to be bible believers many are choosing what they want to believe did happen and is true and many others are picking and choosing what they want to bevel as a true occurrence that happened in the bible.

I know that for me as a bible believing christian, if I pick and choose what I want to believe is true and and what i want to believe as not true in the bible, well I might as well doubt everything that the bible ever has said occurred.

The thing is that I am a believer, I can see the consistency of everything written in the bible from genesis to Christ Jesus coming on to the earth to buy us back from our sin nature that commenced in the garden of Eden and follows up until today. Christ Jesus came to redeem mankind from the power of deception from the power of sin. I believe this with all my heart and have asked God to be my Father and have asked for His forgiveness through the blood Atonement of His son Christ Jesus, and have asked the Holy Spirit of god to please come in and make His home in my heart and to guide me , heal me, correct me throughout my life. and He has. This is what confirms to me every day my faith in God is REAL and WORKING and the power of His WORDS have come alive in my heart. What God has done in my life and turned a sinner into a redeemed sinner by His divine Mercy & Grace.

so for me yes I accept all that is written from genesis to revelation to be Gods word. And God in turn has given me understanding for such things that of myself I could never have come to understand.

God requires faith from us.

without Faith it is impossible to please God. and therefore it is us who disable God from working in us by our very own lack of beleif and faith .

Hebrews 11:6-8

But without faith it is impossible to please him: for he that cometh to God must believe that he is, and that he is a rewarder of them that diligently seek him.

By faith Noah, being warned of God of things not seen as yet, moved with fear, prepared an ark to the saving of his house; by the which he condemned the world, and became heir of the righteousness which is by faith.

By faith Abraham, when he was called to go out into a place which he should after receive for an inheritance, obeyed; and he went out, not knowing whither he went.

Some people believes the earth flat, some people says it's a globe. Some people says the earth was created 6000 years ago some people says longer than that. The thing is whatever you think it's not the faith by which we are saved. Bible is not a science book and doesn't explain everything but let us think. You are judging us because some people think x+y=4 other says it's 5. Does it make any difference? I believe the earth is a globe and was created more than 6000 years ago. Would it make me a better person if I say the opposite? In this topic - which I started - we wanted to understand deeper how the universe was created. Nobody has perfect knowledge. Whatever you think at some point is false or missing something. 

God loves me not because of my limited knowledge. I am His not because the theories in my head. False or right?? Who knows and who cares? As long as I am in His will and doing His work it doesn't matter. 

I just don't understand one thing: why do women always ruin men parties?  That's the question. I tend to believe it come by nature.

Edited by Zoltan777
  • Loved it! 1

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  25
  • Topic Count:  41
  • Content Count:  726
  • Content Per Day:  0.14
  • Birthday:  12/30/1974

1 hour ago, Zoltan777 said:

Some people believes the earth flat, some people says it's a globe. Some people says the earth was created 6000 years ago some people says longer than that. The thing is whatever you think it's not the faith by which we are saved. Bible is not a science book and doesn't explain everything but let us think. You are judging us because some people think x+y=4 other says it's 5. Does it make any difference? I believe the earth is a globe and was created more than 6000 years ago. Would it make me a better person if I say the opposite? In this topic - which I started - we wanted to understand deeper how the universe was created. Nobody has perfect knowledge. Whatever you think at some point is false or missing something. 

God loves me not because of my limited knowledge. I am His not because the theories in my head. False or right?? Who knows and who cares? As long as I am in His will and doing His work it doesn't matter. 

I just don't understand one thing: why do women always ruin men parties?  That's the question. I tend to believe it come by nature.

Amen. 

But i cant get over thst some people believe the earth is flat. Wow. I thiught that went out the window in the 1400's. 

• Loved it! 1

• Group:  Seeker
  • Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  5
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  423
  • Content Per Day:  0.16

Me too but the bible can certainly be read to say that.

Edited by Kevinb

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  22
  • Content Count:  295
  • Content Per Day:  0.12

Well, I have read through many times the bible from the first page until the last. I have never felt it trying to say the earth is flat. Did I miss something?

• Loved it! 1

• Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  11
  • Content Count:  4,058
  • Content Per Day:  14.86

2 hours ago, one.opinion said:

Sorry :-( I got that out of my system and am ready to move on.

Don't fret.  I'm just a grouch right now because while my mind is sharp, my body is breaking down.  :)