• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  22
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  295
  • Content Per Day:  0.12
  • Days Won:  0

27 minutes ago, 1to3 said:

OK DOKEY you are as you think, by all means don't read the quotes from the book of Enoch that mention a flat earth a rotating sun and moon. That I posted that come from the book of Enoch

Just avoid them , and act as they don't exist and pick and choose what you want to believe from the bible. You would not be the first nor the last to do so. :huh:

Okay...Okay, I didn't want to go there but you asked for it.

Enoch was in the spiritual realm and he wrote down his experience about the celestial bodies and their routes and orders which actually are angels and their tasks. How the whole system works. His book is about the structure and operation of this realm and not about our solar system. The stars, the moon, wind, snow, rain etc only the symbols of the real things.

He never mentioned the earth is flat. It's flat only in your head. 

And who gave you that 'thanks' symbol???

Edited by Zoltan777
  • Loved it! 1

35 minutes ago, 1to3 said:

Oh and thanks for calling  my comments stupid, that 's real fine behavior innit, that really allows for christian dialogue.   :huh:

I corrected it but it has the same meaning though.

Edited by Zoltan777

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  1,022
  • Topics Per Day:  0.16
  • Content Count:  39,193
  • Content Per Day:  6.11
  • Days Won:  78

1 hour ago, 1to3 said:

I am not derailing the threat, I have brought up what is written in the book of Enoch.

I am on topic  as the topic is about the BOOK of ENOCH

some of you want to have your cake and eat it too.

Well go eat it then.

Some of us want to stay on topic.  Making snarky comments doesn't make any points for anyone. 

• Followers:  22
  • Topic Count:  138
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  4,216
  • Content Per Day:  1.23

The topic was about the book of Enoch. I wrote about what is written in the book of Enoch.

If people are not allowed to write here in a topic on" the book of Enoch"  what is in the book what is the point of bringing up the book of Enoch?

• Followers:  34
  • Topic Count:  1,991
  • Topics Per Day:  0.48
  • Content Count:  48,689
  • Content Per Day:  11.81
  • Days Won:  226

1 hour ago, other one said:

it is actually part of the background knowledge that was available to those reading what was being written....   and it's important that we know that background knowledge to get a real grasp on what the new testament writers were saying.

I know that you are an advocate for the extra books but I choose to not embrace them.

If someone claims that his book is incorrect and that's way is not in the Bible then you have two option to make this statement valid:

1. Enoch was laying. Which is very unlikely knowing he was a righteous man. And his book was intended for his son before ha was taken up. Mind you there was no Bible that time so the obvious choice was to pass on his knowledge. Why would a righteous man lie to his own son?

2. Somebody has added or taken out from his writing. Well, the original book is not left with us so it looks like it might happened. But I don't think Peter or Jude from the new testament would have used his book as a reference if it was like that.

It's not in the Bible because it has way too much information. Which can cause more problem than use. He seen everything, even Jesus Christ. So I can see why the Jews refused to canonise it.

I believe his statements was right but it's simple beyond my limited knowledge to fully comprehend it.

One thing is sure, his book is not a proof the earth is flat.

Edited by Zoltan777
  • Loved it! 1

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  29
  • Topic Count:  596
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  56,098
  • Content Per Day:  7.56
  • Days Won:  271

8 hours ago, missmuffet said:

I know that you are an advocate for the extra books but I choose to not embrace them.

MM,  the Bible speaks of the knowledge that is contained in those three books...   and even quotes 1Enoch in at least one place.   The books were in wide circulation during the time of Jesus.  Parts of many copies were found in the dead sea scrolls.     Maybe God just released the book back to us at his timing for it's time for us to understand that part of it all.   Most of the people I know who accept the books do not say that they should necessarily be included in the Bible, but the knowledge that was contained in them should be available as it was in the days of Jesus so as to better understand what parts of the Bible are talking about.....   most of us are just saying that we need the mind set of the people it was written to to fully understand.    

You may disagree with that and it's ok if you do, but most of us are not trying to get 1 Enoch, Jubilees and the Book of Giants canonized...  

• Followers:  15
  • Topic Count:  13
  • Content Count:  3,371
  • Content Per Day:  1.36
  • Days Won:  5

Never knew until recently that there were a significant number of believers who think the earth is flat.  Not sure what we are to do about those who circumnavigate the earth in airplanes or boats and end up where they started from without falling off the edge of the planet..........or satellites which orbit the earth and send back pictures of a beautiful globe.  The more we learn about creation, the more it just makes me glorify God and see how He does all things well.  And He is the one who said knowledge would increase in the last days.  Not that we lean on that kind of knowledge, or need to argue about it any more than we need to argue about politics......because we have a higher calling and a citizenship elsewhere, not of the physical realm.  BUT if we are hounding and persecuting present day scientists in the same wrong spirit that the Roman church used to persecute the earlier scientists, then, I'd feel remiss if i didn't point out that "Houston, we have a problem."

• Loved it! 1

• Followers:  22
  • Topic Count:  138
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  4,216
  • Content Per Day:  1.23

I personally do not know if the earth if flat or round anymore. Up until January I was certain the earth was a round  globe as we all have been taught to believe and not even question, until it was put to my attention, all that is now in the media concerning NASA coverups and the flat earth theories that have existed since even before the times of the bible and afterwards.

What I was pointing out here of what is written in the book of Enoch as some here think it is a great add- on to the bible in understanding luminaries, angels, the giants, nephilim .... The book of Enoch also mentions the moon and the sun moving around a still earth that has a firmament over it.

All I did was point the passages in the book of 1 Enoch that mentions it and all hell broke loose. People denying that it is even written in the book of Enoch. But it is.  Look it up for yourself

So there is no dialogue with someone denying what is plainly written in a book and then saying it is not written.

The bible also points to a flat earth. beginning in Genesis chap 1 when the earth was created according to the bible before the sun and the moon. The only theory that could support a sun and moon rotating around the earth in a domed firmament is the flat earth theory. And there are plenty of biblical reference also pointing to it. The many passages have been already presented  in a post by worthy member Oackwood concerning the subject.

Same now with the book of Enoch that gives plenty of passages pointing to a flat earth.

It is not me saying it, that is what is written in the book of Enoch.

Look it up for yourselves.

Scientifically with today's science , we are brought to understand, these do not support the bible or the book of Enoch flat earth theory.

That is all I am saying.

For me it does not change to much my faith that lives inside of me, just it make me more cautious about believing everything that is written .

Edited by 1to3

2 hours ago, 1to3 said:

I personally do not know if the earth if flat or round anymore. Up until January I was certain the earth was a round and global as we all have been taught to believe and not even question, until it was put to my attention, all that is now in the media concerning NASA coverups and the flat earth theories that have existed since even before the times of the bible and afterwards.

What I was pointing out here of what is written in the book of Enoch as some here think it is a great add- on to the bible in understanding luminaries, angels, the giants, nephilim .... The book of Enoch also mentions the moon and the sun moving around a still earth that has a firmament over it.

All I did was point the passages in the book of 1 Enoch that mentions it and all hell broke loose. People denying that it is even written in the book of Enoch. But it is.  Look it up for yourself

So there is no dialogue with someone denying what is plainly written in a book and then saying it is not written.

The bible also points to a flat earth. beginning in Genesis chap 1 when the earth was created according to the bible before the sun and the moon. The only theory that could support a sun and moon rotating around the earth in a domed firmament is the flat earth theory. And there are plenty of biblical reference also pointing to it. The many passages have been already presented  in a post by worthy member Oackwood concerning the subject.

Same now with the book of Enoch that gives plenty of passages pointing to a flat earth.

It is not me saying it, that is what is written in the book of Enoch.

Look it up for yourselves.

Scientifically with today's science , we are brought to understand, these do not support the bible or the book of Enoch flat earth theory.

That is all I am saying.

For me it does not change to much my faith that lives inside of me, just it make me more cautious about believing everything that is written .

Okay, firstly I am sorry if I offended you. I didn't mean it. 

Secondly, I have read through your previous comment. It was hard though. Write a bit less my eyes were skipping.

Thirdly, you can believe that the earth is flat or globe or deltoid or whatever. It doesn't make you better person anyway. So I am not judging you.

BUT...Previously as I mentioned book of Enoch is not about our solar system but he went behind the screen in the spiritual realm and wrote down his experience how the heavenly bodies are working that moves everything around in their season as it is seen on the earth when you look up to the sky. He had no any geological or astronomical knowledge about the form of the earth or the celestial bodies or the solar system but purely he used his common sense when he tried to describe what he's seen. People of old age had a very simple language and they said things as it was. Like there is no such word in the original bible like Heaven they called it sky. Or angels, they called it messenger. Or cherubim, they called it cabbage (because they look like a cabbage) and so on. Behind any biblical terms in your english bible you will find a simple word in the original scripture.  They always used common sense when they try to describe something. Like when they looked up to the sky and saw the sun moving. So they wrote down the sun is moving. But it doesn't mean it is like that and doesn't matter if it's not like that. The point is not what orbits around what. Enoch was trying to describe with his own words that behind everything you see on earth there are angels and spiritual creatures working in order in the same way as the natural world moves. In the same way, when he said I went to the end of the earth (spiritually) he went to the point where was nothing else to see. But it doesn't mean that was at the edge or the flat earth.

We grew up with the knowledge but people back then had no much information about the solar system so they simple described what they saw.

Hopefully the flat earth mystery in the Bible is solved now.

Edited by Zoltan777